VN Ren'Py It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

TeamEquipe

Mar 3, 2020
ehelljay - Just finished playing this again using your new link and can report I got all the content.

I have to say I really enjoyed the story (I like NTR - so sue me) and I found the way you played out the seduction to be extremely compelling and erotic.

My only criticisms would be as follows.
1) The lighting on some of the renders was too dark.
2) I didn't much like the split renders (although you've already mentioned why you did this).
3) I found that the font type and size you used for the dialogue made it hard to read (for me).

Other than that, for a first attempt it was great.
And you should definitely do a Part 2!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
ehelljay - Just finished playing this again using your new link and can report I got all the content.

I have to say I really enjoyed the story (I like NTR - so sue me) and I found the way you played out the seduction to be extremely compelling and erotic.

My only criticisms would be as follows.
1) The lighting on some of the renders was too dark.
2) I didn't much like the split renders (although you've already mentioned why you did this).
3) I found that the font type and size you used for the dialogue made it hard to read (for me).

Other than that, for a first attempt it was great.
And you should definitely do a Part 2!
Thank you for your comments and encouragement. (y)

Regarding the NTR aspect, don't worry, I won't shy away from doing it again. I'm not at all a fan of partners (boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife) who take pleasure in being cuckolded, but from there to conceal the fact that stupidity and cheating exist, there is a step I won't take. It's real life, raw and hard sometimes, but that's how it is!

Concerning the font, you are right. I will only use it for titles or larger texts in the future.

The lighting of the scenes is more delicate... I tried several options, but the rendering is not always optimal. And then, no nVidia graphics card on Mac! I'll make a note of it anyway.

I understand the remark about split screen. It looks more like a comic book and it's less immersive... But when my computer spent 4 hours instead of 8 on a rendering, I tell myself that we won't wait as long for the next episode.

Part 2... Why not?

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Dear Dev! In no case do not listen to ANYONE who criticizes your game. I have seen many times on this site how good games turned into a piece of shit, because the developer did not do what he wanted, but what others wanted. And others always want different and contradictory things. Your game is perfect. It is devoid of flaws. This is a subtle, European, refined, sophisticated, classic, mysterious and exciting story similar to the film Dolce Vita or 1959 LA NOTTE BRAVA or the clip of Daren Hayes 'Insatiable'. You are the new Felini, the new Tinto Brass, you are the hope of the erotic gaming industry.
I love every little thing about your game. I love being your heroine. You are the new Phidias, the new Praxiteles, the new Auguste Rodin.
Please don't make the mistakes of barbarians and degenerates: don't fawn over the crowd. These faggots will never tell you that they WOULD LIKE TO BE BORN WOMEN. But it's true... Instead, they will lie to you that they would like a male protagonist or, at worst, 'more lesbian scenes'. DON'T even THINK about answering them. There are 100,000 games on this site and all as one - about lesbians and guys. Create RARE, rare games based on women's love novels. Become an elite.
Dude chill, most of us are just giving "constructive feedback" lmao. Tryhard haters are always visible on comments section anyways and devs are usually wise enough to ignore them.

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
I understand the remark about split screen. It looks more like a comic book and it's less immersive...
He doesn't like split screen. I like split screen. Why do you believe him and not me? My opinion is equivalent to his opinion.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Just got finished playing with this game and must say I loved it...
Not too fast in getting to the point, wife beautiful and innocent looking, lots of choices to chose from, the graphics where great, and also the surrounding scenes.
Also the pace reminds me of "helping out the neighbor", not too fast, but getting to the Point at the end.
Wish there where more games like this out there like this, that would get my support for sure.
Great Job

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
He doesn't like split screen. I like split screen. Why do you believe him and not me? My opinion is equivalent to his opinion.
I'll clarify my thoughts about split screens, because I think I've explained myself wrong. I have used this type of screen in all my games, including those to come, because I find them practical. Using the whole width of the screen when the action can easily fit on half of it is a waste of space and time (of rendering). To be clear, showing a whole living room while the focus is on a kiss, frankly, I find it stupid.It would only make sense, like in movies, if an element of the set is going to become important just the next screen (e.g. the door in the background opens in the next screen and a character walks in). The problem is that it actually looks more like a comic book than a visual novel. And in comics, the cutting and the placement of the boxes is very important; but here, I didn't pay attention to it (youthful mistake). It would be nice if you could give your opinion about this, because I'm a bit doubtful. So... What do you think?

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
I'll clarify my thoughts about split screens, because I think I've explained myself wrong. I have used this type of screen in all my games, including those to come, because I find them practical. Using the whole width of the screen when the action can easily fit on half of it is a waste of space and time (of rendering). To be clear, showing a whole living room while the focus is on a kiss, frankly, I find it stupid.It would only make sense, like in movies, if an element of the set is going to become important just the next screen (e.g. the door in the background opens in the next screen and a character walks in). The problem is that it actually looks more like a comic book than a visual novel. And in comics, the cutting and the placement of the boxes is very important; but here, I didn't pay attention to it (youthful mistake). It would be nice if you could give your opinion about this, because I'm a bit doubtful. So... What do you think?
Keep doing screen splitting. I have already said twice that this is a brilliant solution!

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
The English isn't too great in several spots. 3 different choices and at least 2 of the choices sound like they could mean the exact same thing and/or cause the exact same outcome. With confusing answers like that, it's basically just a guessing game trying to get different scenes. I read in the comments there are sex scenes in this. If that is true, they are seriously buried.
I ran through it 3 times, picking different responses each time, and still seemed to get the same path.
And when all 3 choices give the exact same dialogue right after the choices, there is no way to tell what the results even were.

The renders are ok. I personally don't find the MC all that attractive, though she does look different than most other games, which is a plus. The renders aren't all completely generic. It needs work, but it's not a bad game. It could be worse. lol

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
The English isn't too great in several spots. 3 different choices and at least 2 of the choices sound like they could mean the exact same thing and/or cause the exact same outcome. With confusing answers like that, it's basically just a guessing game trying to get different scenes. I read in the comments there are sex scenes in this. If that is true, they are seriously buried.
I ran through it 3 times, picking different responses each time, and still seemed to get the same path.
And when all 3 choices give the exact same dialogue right after the choices, there is no way to tell what the results even were.

The renders are ok. I personally don't find the MC all that attractive, though she does look different than most other games, which is a plus. The renders aren't all completely generic. It needs work, but it's not a bad game. It could be worse. lol
Your comment leaves me doubtful. But I don't see myself putting in more basic questions and answers like "Are we fu..ing? Yes - No". As for the result, yes, it's like in life: the answers have different effects, but the other person doesn't always show it on his face, he internalizes. As a result, it's later that you say to yourself "Sh.., I shouldn't have said that". That being said, I would like to remind that English is not my mother tongue and that I will need proof-reading in the future.
So you played three times. Good for you! At least it's a sign that the MC doesn't spread her legs so easily! It's better when it lasts! And hey, many players reached the ‘hot’ scenes, so why don’t you try again and come back later for a full review? Have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pede rasta 1

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021

You can always use: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-5-1-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Your comment leaves me doubtful. But I don't see myself putting in more basic questions and answers like "Are we fu..ing? Yes - No". As for the result, yes, it's like in life: the answers have different effects, but the other person doesn't always show it on his face, he internalizes. As a result, it's later that you say to yourself "Sh.., I shouldn't have said that". That being said, I would like to remind that English is not my mother tongue and that I will need proof-reading in the future.
So you played three times. Good for you! At least it's a sign that the MC doesn't spread its legs so easily! It's better when it lasts! And hey, many players reached the ‘hot’ scenes, so why don’t you try again and come back later for a complete review? Have fun!
btw, this question has been in the back of my mind for a while, why did you named it "It could be worse!"?

Reactions: Pede rasta 1

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
btw, this question has been in the back of my mind for a while, why did you named it "It could be worse!"?
It has to do with the history of this project. Originally it was a little different. It told the story of a Fabio who was always complaining about everything, blaming everyone, even though things were not so bad for him. In the end, by dint of pissing off the world, he lost everything: his trip, his friends and his girlfriend. So the title was a kind of message to him and it was: "Life can always be worse, man!"
In the meantime, I changed a lot of things, but not the title (mea culpa). But again, this was only supposed to be a little test run. Also, I didn't think this game would end up here (thx Jeevant :sneaky:), because I didn't want it to. Honestly, I didn't expect so many views, downloads, and returns. So I didn't really take care of my work. Sorry, it's a coincidence, but once launched, it's hard to stop.

spanner52

Jan 5, 2019
Nice game short and sweet, I just hope she gets to go on the vacation with him, if you ever decide to make part 2.

Deleted member 4548362

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2022
For Kartolas, and all those who legitimately wondered about the somewhat enigmatic title... I found my first intro text of the game. I think it explains even better the starting point...
"If we systematically give more importance to things that go wrong than to those that go right, we are perpetually dissatisfied.
An example? When you think you're always in the wrong lane in traffic, it's because you place more importance on being stopped than on moving forward. But if you look at the car that passed you before, you see that you are coming at the same time.
This story is about a man who is always complaining about the little annoyances, the blows of fate or the luck of others, without realizing the luck he has. Life will quickly make him understand that there can always be worse!"

For this to work, I should have explained much more the character of Fabio at the beginning, and that of Natasha who starts to be fed up after 17 years! I think we can sense a bit of her annoyance in the dialogue in the car, when they go to the party.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes