olyerpy

Jul 22, 2022
I loved the game! The storyline and the graphics were great! The dialog was a little hard for me to get through but not to be dissuaded, I built this mod to fix (in my opinion) the dialog and to mod the menus to see all of the sim content with your girls in one play through. If you are interested, check it out. Not sure how, or even if someone would want to list it on the front page of this post.

It's Just a Game [v0.3.2] by [DigiDec] - Mod for Dialog & Expanded Scene Experience [Mod by Ol'Yerpy]

Last edited:
Reactions: DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
I loved the game! The storyline and the graphics were great! The dialog was a little hard for me to get through but not to be dissuaded, I built this mod to fix (in my opinion) the dialog and to mod the menus to see all of the sim content with your girls in one play through. If you are interested, check it out. Not sure how, or even if someone would want to list it on the front page of this post.

It's Just a Game [v0.3.2] by [DigiDec] - Mod for Dialog & Expanded Scene Experience [Mod by Ol'Yerpy]
I think there's something wrong with the link...

What about the dialog did you find difficult to get through?

Last edited:

olyerpy

Jul 22, 2022
I think there's something wrong with the link...

What about the dialog did you find difficult to get through?
Fixed the link. Thanks!

My biggest challenges, at least in the beginning, was the grammar. As a sample, here are the first five lines I modified:

Original: "Correct, before logging on the last command you gave me was to meet with you as soon as possible."
Modified: "Correct, before logging on, the last command you gave me was to meet with you as soon as possible.",

Original: "Thank you [mc_name] I appreciate all user feedback. Now shall we commence with my functional testing?"
Modified: "Thank you [mc_name]. I appreciate all user feedback. Now, shall we commence with my functional testing?",

Original: "There you are you little shit! You think I wouldn't notice you fucked my girl? She's ruined now! Her pussy will never be the same!"
Modified: "There you are, you little shit! You think I wouldn't notice you fucked my girl? She's ruined now! Her pussy will never be the same!",

Original: "No shit Qai. Here, you wanted to start testing? Test yourself on that asshole."
Modified: "No shit, Qai. Here, you wanted to start testing? Test yourself on that asshole.",

Original: "It would be a little inconvenient though. You're not sure what Qai is doing though. She doesn't have any weapons that you can see. She's just floating there, holding out her hand..."
Modified: "It would be a little inconvenient though. You're not sure what Qai is doing. She doesn't have any weapons that you can see. She's just floating there, holding out her hand...",

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Fixed the link. Thanks!

My biggest challenges, at least in the beginning, was the grammar. As a sample, here are the first five lines I modified:

Original: "Correct, before logging on the last command you gave me was to meet with you as soon as possible."
Modified: "Correct, before logging on, the last command you gave me was to meet with you as soon as possible.",

Original: "Thank you [mc_name] I appreciate all user feedback. Now shall we commence with my functional testing?"
Modified: "Thank you [mc_name]. I appreciate all user feedback. Now, shall we commence with my functional testing?",

Original: "There you are you little shit! You think I wouldn't notice you fucked my girl? She's ruined now! Her pussy will never be the same!"
Modified: "There you are, you little shit! You think I wouldn't notice you fucked my girl? She's ruined now! Her pussy will never be the same!",

Original: "No shit Qai. Here, you wanted to start testing? Test yourself on that asshole."
Modified: "No shit, Qai. Here, you wanted to start testing? Test yourself on that asshole.",

Original: "It would be a little inconvenient though. You're not sure what Qai is doing though. She doesn't have any weapons that you can see. She's just floating there, holding out her hand..."
Modified: "It would be a little inconvenient though. You're not sure what Qai is doing. She doesn't have any weapons that you can see. She's just floating there, holding out her hand...",
I could always use a little more proofreading.
There are many instances, mostly dialog, with intentionally incorrect grammar though. Commas are typically read as pauses so while it may be technically correct in some of the examples you used, I chose not to put a comma there because I did not intend for there to be a pause. I also sometimes break things up with periods when that isn't correct, but periods are usually read as a stronger pause and that is my intention at those moments.

Of course, most of the missing commas are probably just a mistake on my part. :LOL:

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Fixed the link. Thanks!

While I'm sure Digi appreciates the feedback, a couple of those are subjective, and since a good chunk of them are dialogue, can be interpreted in multiple ways.

For example, the one where you added a comma to "There you are you little shit!" If that statement is meant to be basically spat at the recipient, then you wouldn't want the comma because it would denote a pause in the way it is said. Also removing the doubled "though" from the last coupling changes the meaning of the statement, where the emphasis lies, and could also be done to the other sentence.

I wholeheartedly understand that the Oxford comma is woefully underused in many a medium. However, in this case, it could be considered unnecessary or even incorrect for the context.

Either way, I hope people get good use out of your mod, and give you useful feedback. (y)

olyerpy

Jul 22, 2022
While I'm sure Digi appreciates the feedback, a couple of those are subjective, and since a good chunk of them are dialogue, can be interpreted in multiple ways.

For example, the one where you added a comma to "There you are you little shit!" If that statement is meant to be basically spat at the recipient, then you wouldn't want the comma because it would denote a pause in the way it is said. Also removing the doubled "though" from the last coupling changes the meaning of the statement, where the emphasis lies, and could also be done to the other sentence.

I wholeheartedly understand that the Oxford comma is woefully underused in many a medium. However, in this case, it could be considered unnecessary or even incorrect for the context.

Either way, I hope people get good use out of your mod, and give you useful feedback. (y)
I couldn't agree more. These are completely subjective. I shared the mod for folks who would be interested. Digi built a great game and I didn't mean to take away from that.

olyerpy

Jul 22, 2022
I could always use a little more proofreading.
There are many instances, mostly dialog, with intentionally incorrect grammar though. Commas are typically read as pauses so while it may be technically correct in some of the examples you used, I chose not to put a comma there because I did not intend for there to be a pause. I also sometimes break things up with periods when that isn't correct, but periods are usually read as a stronger pause and that is my intention at those moments.

Of course, most of the missing commas are probably just a mistake on my part. :LOL:
You built an incredible game and I hope my post reflected that. I spent time and effort in making the experience better for me but with the same spirit (I hope) that you intended. Using the comma as a pause function definitely works and, on more than one occasion, I left yours alone because I thought they did a better job in the dialog.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

• Red Heart

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
You built an incredible game and I hope my post reflected that. I spent time and effort in making the experience better for me but with the same spirit (I hope) that you intended. Using the comma as a pause function definitely works and, on more than one occasion, I left yours alone because I thought they did a better job in the dialog.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
It did, I could absolutely tell you were coming from a positive place!

I just wanted to offer a little peek behind the curtain for anyone who might be curious about some of the design type decisions I make.

And thank you, I really do appreciate both the mod and your encouragement!

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Two things -

Sara's new hair has been picked and to the surprise of almost nobody, she's keeping the buns. The actual final version might end up being a different color, possibly straight black, maybe a brighter purple, or maybe some other random color I pick out of a hat. For now, here's the winning style and some "hair down" variants I'll be using.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other thing. This is really more directed to my paid supporters but after some of the reactions I've seen to a recent release of a different game, I'm sharing this with everyone. Since this upcoming portion of the game is structured a little differently I had this brilliant idea that I would try breaking it into chunks for beta testing before wrapping up the whole thing. That was dumb idea. It was just super inefficient and broke my typical work flow too much. So, I'm shelving that plan and I'm buckling down to finish this update my normal way, and hopefully make up for any lost time. As an apology, I did some bonus-y/slightly spoiler-y renders of Sara with her new hair.

That's all, but if anyone's got questions I'm happy to answer them.

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
In the name of the diety of creativity.... DO NOT FUCK THIS GAME UP with the over catering to whims... So far I can tell, that the story so far has been all you!!! Keep it that way... An open minded narrative with a little something for all tastes!!! I myself have my own set of perverse preferences and peeves... But I won't push them... If it goes a particular direction I'll drop this shit so fast, but for now it's not a concern because I'm liking it as it is.. I'm loving the cast, but Ness is a standout for me... Reminds me of the first uber confident gym rat I met irl... We hated each other, but kept respectful until a chance encounter found us alone in the gym at 4am working out some stress... Light banter became a bit heated and we both overstepped with some comments and she SPEARED me to the floor!!! We started scrambling and began grabbing each other in some places!! In that moment I just wanted to own her and put her in her place!!.. My mind went blank and all I could think of is " I want to fuck her Soooooo bad"...
She was biting scratching kicking cursing... The smile on her face all the while made me so fucking hard.. A wicked smile... We were animals in that time... She was taller and built proper... No sex I've had since then could top that experience... She choked the shit outta me.. I fucked while having her in full Nelson.. She bit me really hard a few times and I loved it all....
So when... Lo and behold I decided to try this vn for the first time (it was already two updates in) and I saw the Ness scene at the club I couldn't help but think and hope that the developer lets them get really rough on each other in a one on one!!! Some witnesses will make it even hotter..
Ness openly and willingly submitting to MC in front of others but dominating the shit out of everyone else!!!!!.. FUCK!!!
I'm done... I've got a phone call to make :devilish: :devilish:
DigiDec... DO NOT FUCK THIS UP PLEASE?!!??!!

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
I know I'm a bit of a broken record but I'll say it again cause I love to hear(see) myself talk(type) - There's a lot about this game that I'm open to tweaking or changing based on what the audience wants. Things like Sara's hair or the Xiang/Stella diner scene (it's getting reworked) are good examples. Some bigger things (like Mol's bimbo sim look) I'm a little less open to requests but I'll make adjustments if is causing more harm than good(which I think it is at this point so I've worked something out that hopefully will turn fewer people off but still capture the extreme gone-too-far vibe I'm shooting for). Other things, I'm just not going to change. Mol is going to be a bimbo, Sara is going to be a deviant, Nat is going to submissive and breedable, and Ness might choke you out with her thighs if you piss her off. I might tweak some scenes, expand the game a little to make more space for some characters, or adjust the order of some of the content but I'm not changing the central plot/story. It's my game, I'll do what I want.

I've also been pretty open about trying not to play favorites with Ness but I'm inclined to agree. She's best girl. And if that scenario you just described ends up in the game just know that I didn't steal the idea from your story, I actually planned it all along, it's just a coincidence, it's actually already written, I'd show you the renders but I left them on my other computer...

Here's a couple shots of our muscle mommy queen (one is actually a bit of a preview/spoiler)

DigiDec... DO NOT FUCK THIS UP PLEASE?!!??!!
I'll do my best.

5.00 star(s) 20 Votes