Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Fair warning, fairly given - there's a poll on my right now and option E has an early, but strong lead.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Man! I am really glad that the Mohawk option is out of the window!

E would be awesome to win. Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
(Chugs Wolf Cola)......Marci when?
As far as her getting a full scene that's truly hers, that's sort of up to my supporters. I'm running polls for the next few updates to pick when the girls get content. She'll be showing up sooner than later with Nat sometime in the next few updates though.

Reactions: Buletti

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Does Qai ever look like she does in the first page banner or will she forever have that all that makeup?

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Does Qai ever look like she does in the first page banner or will she forever have that all that makeup?
Her appearance will shift depending on the context, sometimes it will be extreme like with Nat's sim, sometimes it will be more mild like with Mol's sim. But you can think of her appearance in that banner as her sort of default state going forward.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Buletti and Yuri L

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Her appearance will shift depending on the context, sometimes it will be extreme like with Nat's sim, sometimes it will be more mild like with Mol's sim. But you can think of her appearance in that banner as her sort of default state going forward.

Reached the end of Act 1 and was great to see her real face, so to speak (real for an AI hehe).

Last edited:

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Reached the end of Act 1 and was great to see her real face, so to speak (real for an AI hehe).
I was going to use a screenshot from the scene to answer your question, but I was worried it would spoil the reveal if you hadn't gotten there yet :LOL:

Reactions: Yuri L

Guylos

Sep 3, 2021
So I'm legitimately confused. People are praising the story of this game to high heaven and admittedly the parts that are cogent are good and the premise is interesting.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So I'm legitimately confused. People are praising the story of this game to high heaven and admittedly the parts that are cogent are good and the premise is interesting.

There is a time skip of some sort after the meeting with Ness in the latest update, but it's not clear if it's 10 minutes or a few months or (more likely) somewhere in between. I was also confused by this.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024

Bigger, more abstract picture. What were my intentions/did I effectively tell this part of the story? I've mentioned that all of Act 1 is essentially a very long intro. I needed to introduce the player to the characters and explain how the sims are supposed to work. I needed to create some expectations and establish dynamics. I needed to set a tone. I wanted the player to feel that things were happening quickly and that they were missing crucial pieces of information. But, I also needed there to be a non-specific chunk of time elapse over the course of the game, to allow for some changes to occur in the people around the MC. So, we burn through stuff quickly with lots of non-specific time jumps.

It is meant to be disorienting, and confusing - to an extent. In the same way that horror movies or roller coasters are meant to be scary, you can't go too far because then nobody (almost nobody) will enjoy it. I don't think there is a magical, achievable sweet spot that would please everyone, but I'd like to get as close that as possible. So, if you enjoyed playing the game, experienced a mix of suspense/curiosity/apprehension/anticipation, have a rough idea of what is currently happening in the story
and you are excited for the next update then I at least got kind of close to that magical sweet spot. If you're so confused by the plot that you don't understand what is happening, if the pace was so fast that you don't feel invested at all, if the changes in the girls' behavior were too abrupt, or if for any other reasons you disliked the game/story/writing then I might need to go back and re-evaluate some things. Obviously, I can't/won't be making massive changes but if I can improve the experience a little with some tweaks to the writing, or even slightly expanding on some of the earlier scenes, I'll consider it. Sometimes I'll dig my heels in and stick with what I've done but I'm very open to making adjustments.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
I seem to remember dialogue alluding to the passage of time: "No morning progress report with Ness to bs my way through today, like I've been doing every week for these last few months." (or something like that). There are other nondescript time jumps, though it appears Digi included them to give a sense of disorientation and a bit of mystery.

As for how everyone is being corrupted without you seeing every step of it happening, the idea that Qai is doing that behind the scenes was explained, to a degree, and then further expounded upon. Partially by the MC saying that he doesn't have full control over her anymore, and then seeing her able to manipulate the sims without any direct input. All supposedly for the MC's benefit, and to fulfill his subconscious desires. In this case "corruption" might better be explained as removing the filter of inhibitions, rather than actually changing someone's mind or desires.
That gives an idea as to why, and then seeing how Bitch (aka Izzi) is able to manipulate the MC, making him think his decisions are his own, it's fairly easy to see how much the sims could influence everyone's behavior, in relatively short order. Depending on your choices, Bitch even explains she was able to reroute Qai by adjusting her parameters to include additional tasks. Meaning she can send Qai elsewhere, leaving the MC at her malevolent lack of mercy, without Qai there to potentially protect him, at least to some extent.

There are still a number of things we have yet to learn which will provide a great deal more clarification to the story. Granted, there have been conversations on Discord that likely gave a bit more context or insight into the storyline and author's thoughts, but it seemed that the necessities were relatively clear in-game.
Don't get me wrong, there is still a ton I want to learn, and a few things that are nagging at the back of my mind. Some character motivations chiefly among them, and a better understanding of the big picture that could be affecting on a global scale.
Also, the parts of the narrative that aren't entirely transparent I would surmise may actually be that way purposefully. Leaving more to be revealed in future updates and chapters; ones that I am very much looking forward to seeing.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
DigiDec - Actually is Qai an abbreviation for something or it's just Qai ?
I'm assuming Qai is loyal to MC and not under Izzi's control. It's just that Qai have a perverted way / twisted way of helping MC. Qai seems to take MC as her master since there is a scene for it and trying to make the other LIs join her

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
DigiDec - Actually is Qai an abbreviation for something or it's just Qai ?
I'm assuming Qai is loyal to MC and not under Izzi's control. It's just that Qai have a perverted way / twisted way of helping MC. Qai seems to take MC as her master since there is a scene for it and trying to make the other LIs join her
Qai isn't really an acronym but her name is sort of a lazy abbreviation since she's an AI that is running on a quantum computer network. She was essentially an off the shelf, open source chatbot that the MC downloaded and slapped on top of the software he was working on for the multiplayer stuff.

She is a lot of things at this point but mostly she's kind of busted. MC didn't exactly know what he was doing when he worked on her programming, he took some shortcuts to try and speed up development, Qai is able to edit her own code, and Izzi (who does know what she's doing) got in there and made some changes.

There are some bits of code/instructions that are still there from before MC allowed her to start editing herself but right now she's an AI running on the most powerful computing network in the world and she is about to have near 24/7 access to the thoughts/memories of almost everyone in America. She was never built to handle anything of that scale.

She's doing her best guys, don't be too hard on her.

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
There are some bits of code/instructions that are still there from before MC allowed her to start editing herself but right now she's an AI running on the most powerful computing network in the world and she is about to have near 24/7 access to the thoughts/memories of almost everyone in America. She was never built to handle anything of that scale.

She's doing her best guys, don't be too hard on her.
Good thing, I don't live in America ;)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 20 Votes