DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
To reiterate:
Yeah, maybe I've inadvertently made him look clueless, but this also ties into the conversations I was having regarding how I handled the different sims or any of the cutaway scenes where I show the player something outside of the MC's perspective. It's easy to say that, as a player, you'd separate what you know from what the MC knows but in practice that's almost impossible to do. So, in defense of our clueless hero, try to limit everything to his perspective *and* remember that he doesn't really have any reason to suspect anything abnormal is happening with Nat, Mol, and Sara. If someone close to you starts acting a little bit wonky and you quickly come to the conclusion that there's some sort of conspiratorial force at play, you're probably the crazy one.

Then again, the people close to you probably don't have neural implants and you probably aren't regularly interacting with a potentially defective AI so maybe it isn't as much of a stretch as I think. :LOL:

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, maybe I've inadvertently made him look clueless, but this also ties into the conversations I was having regarding how I handled the different sims or any of the cutaway scenes where I show the player something outside of the MC's perspective. It's easy to say that, as a player, you'd separate what you know from what the MC knows but in practice that's almost impossible to do. So, in defense of our clueless hero, try to limit everything to his perspective *and* remember that he doesn't really have any reason to suspect anything abnormal is happening with Nat, Mol, and Sara. If someone close to you starts acting a little bit wonky and you quickly come to the conclusion that there's some sort of conspiratorial force at play, you're probably the crazy one.

Then again, the people close to you probably don't have neural implants and you probably aren't regularly interacting with a potentially defective AI so maybe it isn't as much of a stretch as I think. :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...and that's still only the second most disturbing thing from the latest update.
Looking forward to the story unfolding further, seeing what comes next, and (most) of the future content.

• Haha
Reactions: Buletti and DigiDec

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
AllSims Mod

Updated for game version: 0.3.2 (The way the mod is coded, even if the current game version is ahead of the mod, the mod will still work & not create problems. You just won't have any changes to the game content past this version. With the dev saying there won't be any 'choose 1 sim only' choice past version 0.2.1, the mod can be considered complete. I'll still try to update it to adjust the dialogue, but it shouldn't be any problem playing with an outdated mod unless the early content gets changed of course)

Features: Play all the sims in one play through naturally. (more info in spoilers)

Installation: Drop the 00_AllSimsMod.rpy file in the /game folder (found where the.exe is present)
Works with existing saves (more info in spoiler)
Doesn't break saves.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seems the dev went with the 'see only 1 out of 3' format for the sims.
Looking at the game's story, there shouldn't be a problem even if you see all the sims in one play-through.
Hence the AllSims Mod let's you, the player, decide whether the mc tries to see more than 1 sim per opportunity.

To the dev:
dev check the indent on line 9298 in script.rpy.
It seems to be locked behind the final else when it should (probably) be outside the if-else structure.

5.00 star(s) 18 Votes