Mod QSP Jack-o-nine-tails Mods & More: Game Development Builds and Outfit System

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
You're not annoying at all. Quite the contrary to be honest.
I'll look through what you changed soon. I haven't been here long enough to know if that's a bug or not so I'll let qwertyu12359 say if it is or not and if it is, I'll put it in.

Also, on the subject of the fighting system. It will be getting a complete overhaul in 2.3. You're more then welcome to improve the existing one as much as you like, since it will still be there in the upcoming 2.2 and it will make that version better. But do so while considering the fact that it will stay like this for only one stable version. I don't want to seem ungrateful for your work, I just don't want you to feel like you worked for nothing when the new system is implemented.
Cool :) I can bring back the old calc (deals at top ~150 dmg, but it might be a bit OP) so let me know and I'll edit the post.
And no worries, I like this game so it's fun really. The combat has a lot of potential, spells, companions, mechanics etc. so I'm really looking forward to it.

Reactions: Lokplart

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You're not annoying at all. Quite the contrary to be honest.
I'll look through what you changed soon. I haven't been here long enough to know if that's a bug or not so I'll let qwertyu12359 say if it is or not and if it is, I'll put it in.

Also, on the subject of the fighting system. It will be getting a complete overhaul in 2.3. You're more then welcome to improve the existing one as much as you like, since it will still be there in the upcoming 2.2 and it will make that version better. But do so while considering the fact that it will stay like this for only one stable version. I don't want to seem ungrateful for your work, I just don't want you to feel like you worked for nothing when the new system is implemented.
The fact that Roundhouse Kick now sucks is probably an intentional change introduced in v1.8. And the information there was on the wiki was probably less of a guide than a exploit.

On the other side, it makes no sense to have a special attack that deals almost less damage than a regular attack. Is it possible (and easy) to make an in-between? If roundhouse kick did the same damage as other special attacks, it would be ideal.

But yes, that'd anyway be only for 2.2.

Albeit, I feel like Roundhouse Kick is a legacy part of the game and I'd like it if we can make it appears as a special unarmed attack for 2.3. It would be a neat easter egg!

Reactions: SST1337

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
Yeah, it is possible. The damage calculation in the included master in my previous post is the same as all other specials so it deals the exact same amount of damage. The code has been tested on all branches in all scenarios so it's stable, no problems whatsoever.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Yeah, it is possible. The damage calculation in the included master in my previous post is the same as all other specials so it deals the exact same amount of damage. The code has been tested on all branches in all scenarios so it's stable, no problems whatsoever.
Great then, I'll add it soon.
Thanks for the contribution!

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi. A while ago I started to clean up the code (bring everything to lowercase statements, indent properly, no more multi-line strings etc).

To help me with that I've made myself a QSP syntax highlighter for sublime text 3. So if you're using sublime text 3 and you're modding on the separate location files, this might help you a bit.
Here's a screenshot of how it looks:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is from the cleaned code version of the code. It's going to throw up errors for uppercase statements or bad variable assignment but it's still very usable and probably better then the Python highlighter anyway :D.
I don't want to be code police but it could also help keep your code in line with the structure and style the main code is going to have when the cleaned code makes it's way into the main version of the game, which is a pretty important thing imo considering this is a community project.

To install it, open sublime -> preferences -> browse packages *it will open a folder* -> user -> extract the archive.

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
Hi. A while ago I started to clean up the code (bring everything to lowercase statements, indent properly, no more multi-line strings etc).

To help me with that I've made myself a QSP syntax highlighter for sublime text 3. So if you're using sublime text 3 and you're modding on the separate location files, this might help you a bit.
You're a genius :D I like consistency, and cleaning/proofreading can be a pain since I know what it's like working on projects with multiple people lol hang in there

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Most of the cleaning project is done. If anyone would like to help with that, I'd love a few people just playing on it. Ideally, nothing would be changed, but a lot html was re-written to fit the mold so the UI might break somewhere from a little missing " or '

Here's a download link: .
It's based on the master branch, it doesn't have the patch in it so it should work regardless of what media files you have.
Just paste it like you would when updating the code for one of the normal versions

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
EDIT: File updated with a fix for Domini Dictum spell I forgot to include since I fixed it a while ago (dominating your slave forces her to do everything you ask EXCEPT take potions and stimulants, while on assistants it works both in code and game (tested by having a low obedience assistant>gave potion/stimulant>refused>train assistant>cast Domini>assign assistant>gave potion/stimulant>assistant obeyed and drank/used it)).
Changelog updated.

If anyone would like to help with that, I'd love a few people just playing on it.
Sry for the late reply, went outdoors over the weekend to vent a little :D I tried it straight away yesterday and so far nothing wrong. If anything comes up, I'll let you know.

I did encounter a few issues in regular branch (base, lol, mod) with probably either typo pic identifiers or the pic's names themselves that were reported missing but I am having a hard time recreating them (my bad, kinda forgot to write it down when and where it happened). The one I did remember is the boudoir interior design bug (typo in menu options that broke the UI giving a blank text so we're unable to change the interior - fixed)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Caradolaser

Feb 8, 2020
Yo I got the sister event but she just doesn't exist lol, no dialogue, no picture and I can't see her stats, I'm probably playing an outdated version of the mod but I'm just curious if there's a solution.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Yo I got the sister event but she just doesn't exist lol, no dialogue, no picture and I can't see her stats, I'm probably playing an outdated version of the mod but I'm just curious if there's a solution.
When have you last downloaded it?

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I believe it was in May.
That's quite a while back... I can't really offer much support. You might want to try to re-download everything.

Please try re-downloading then load your save (don't forget to enable "ignore version check") and hit the refresh database button next to the settings button.
If the issue persists, please give me your save file and I'll try to see what goes wrong.

Reactions: Caradolaser
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote