Mod QSP Jack-o-nine-tails Mods & More: Game Development Builds and Outfit System

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
2.1 from the main thread is the old, not updated version. The base and loli branches from my thread are the development builds, only difference is that 1 has loli, and the other doesn't. No other differences. If you plan to make modifications to the game, use the dev build please so that it's more easily merged.

Reactions: Lokplart

Reyne

Oct 1, 2018
Has anyone else had issues with blank images? I can run the .exe file fine and navigate the menus but no images are appearing. I dumped the base images in the content folder, so I do not believe that is the issue.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Is it possible to make outfits change automatically as you take different actions?
This game is "click" heavy as it is.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Has anyone else had issues with blank images? I can run the .exe file fine and navigate the menus but no images are appearing. I dumped the base images in the content folder, so I do not believe that is the issue.
Your problem is that you didnt download the main game. You download the main game, download the things from this mod and install them over the main game. That is what I did and it worked for me.

Aciculla

Dec 2, 2019
Can someone help me?I dont understand how to install the mod.Do I need the original game?

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
It's awesome to see that Jack-o-nine-tails is still going strong! I did some work on the Jack-HF version back in the day, and I'm surprised to see my fingerprints can still be seen in this version here (I'm somewhat responsible for the 5GB download back then, sorry!).

I was working on a big update to most of the images in the game a few years ago, and it's been sort of an on-again, off-again project of mine. I've got hundreds of pictures for the /scene and /sex folders, and I did some work on the characters too (but the character work may be redundant now).

I'm wondering what the best method to share these images, and get them incorporated might be. Unfortunately, they are still in gif format instead of png (oh man do I wish I had done all this work in png...) but I can convert them easily enough. I think that they are better than the current images in a lot of cases, either in content or thematically.

I'm also curious about the transparent backgrounds (alpha channel) that were lost in some of my images that are still in the game, because I noticed that they now have a solid white background. I think the transparency looks fine with the bedroom as a background, but maybe others don't think so, so I thought I'd ask about it. Maybe it was just an artifact of batch converting all the gifs to png? At the very least, I think a solid black background would be much easier on the eyes. I'm happy to take others' thoughts into consideration on this point.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and thanks for continuing development!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Can someone help me?I dont understand how to install the mod.Do I need the original game?
No. Just follow the instructions:
1) Download a branch: ( ).
2) Download images: (for loli and mod).
3) Put the images in game/content

It's awesome to see that Jack-o-nine-tails is still going strong! I did some work on the Jack-HF version back in the day, and I'm surprised to see my fingerprints can still be seen in this version here (I'm somewhat responsible for the 5GB download back then, sorry!).

I was working on a big update to most of the images in the game a few years ago, and it's been sort of an on-again, off-again project of mine. I've got hundreds of pictures for the /scene and /sex folders, and I did some work on the characters too (but the character work may be redundant now).

I'm wondering what the best method to share these images, and get them incorporated might be. Unfortunately, they are still in gif format instead of png (oh man do I wish I had done all this work in png...) but I can convert them easily enough. I think that they are better than the current images in a lot of cases, either in content or thematically.

I'm also curious about the transparent backgrounds (alpha channel) that were lost in some of my images that are still in the game, because I noticed that they now have a solid white background. I think the transparency looks fine with the bedroom as a background, but maybe others don't think so, so I thought I'd ask about it. Maybe it was just an artifact of batch converting all the gifs to png? At the very least, I think a solid black background would be much easier on the eyes. I'm happy to take others' thoughts into consideration on this point.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and thanks for continuing development!
Hey ;) I'd really like to see the images, maybe you could upload an archive with all the images you find better than what is there now, and if I have the same opinion, I'll add them in!

About the format, you can just change the file extension to png, and the game will read them just fine. Yes, .gif are a shame, and I did 80% of the work in gif too and want to kill myself when I see them... Life is life ^^

About the transparency, it was a choice made for the sake of consistency. Transparent background just put us (Powerairmax and I) in disbelief towards the fact that a scene was unfolding in front of us (girl mopping the floor, but literally in the air, etc.). I think a white background is fine but we can exchange thoughts on that. :coffee:(y)

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for the response! I didn't expect such a quick response, so went ahead and threw the categories that I've got "completed" into an archive without fixing things up much. Did I say hundreds? I should have said thousands lol...

drive(dot)google(dot)com/file/d/1sZdyF5Sc68eTC25NOkTo9SyKvDpcg6VC/view?usp=sharing
  1. Still .gif (Though I worked to keep the color banding under control when making them)
  2. The "young" modifier wasn't a thing, so that's missing from the non-loli/milf filenames.
  3. I found a number of typos in my filenames - I fixed a bunch but I almost certainly missed some in my haste to get something uploaded.
  4. I never had a good way of programmatically adjusting the JSONs for new content, so to save my own sanity, my plan was to have a standard number of images for each category of action and slave so I could just copy/paste one JSON and find/replace the haircolors. Because of that, these files don't necessarily match up as replacements to current images. (Do you have a good way of adjusting the JSONs? I hope to god it isn't as manual as my methods...)
  5. Some sections I gave up trying to create unique images for certain categories/hairstyles, and either contain only general images, or don't have long/short hair and just have a color. A prime example of this is the "fight" category which has no lolis, and there's no distinction between young/milf.
  6. I don't necessarily think that each one of these is better than current images, I honestly haven't compared *that* many of them, this is just what I've come up with over the years.
Feel free to use these as-is, or ignore them completely until I'm closer to completion. I just felt that I should get something uploaded since I got such a welcoming response so quickly. :)

I've got many more pictures completed, but their categories aren't fully complete (based on my standards), so I left those out. Some are just missing general images, so those are nearly done, others are...less so.

Regarding transparencies: I think that the transparencies work pretty well as-is, but it probably depends on the image itself and the category, so I can understand the decision to go with consistency. A prime example of what I think is a good transparency is the "exhibit_blue_short_loli" image in that package. I think it's perfect to have a "bedroom" background behind it, but perhaps with the different bedroom images, some work better than others.
Maybe it's my own bias, but I typically game in a dark room, and assume others do as well, so that's why I don't particularly like the (blinding) white backgrounds, and would prefer black over white. Also, I think black would conceal aliased edges better in most cases.

Anyway, I hope that looking through & working with my files isn't too much of a PITA, and please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to see! I've been plugging away at this in my own way for years (Why? Who knows?!), so I wouldn't have any objections to a little direction.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
  1. Still .gif (Though I worked to keep the color banding under control when making them)
  2. The "young" modifier wasn't a thing, so that's missing from the non-loli/milf filenames.
  3. I found a number of typos in my filenames - I fixed a bunch but I almost certainly missed some in my haste to get something uploaded.
  4. I never had a good way of programmatically adjusting the JSONs for new content, so to save my own sanity, my plan was to have a standard number of images for each category of action and slave so I could just copy/paste one JSON and find/replace the haircolors. Because of that, these files don't necessarily match up as replacements to current images. (Do you have a good way of adjusting the JSONs? I hope to god it isn't as manual as my methods...)
  5. Some sections I gave up trying to create unique images for certain categories/hairstyles, and either contain only general images, or don't have long/short hair and just have a color. A prime example of this is the "fight" category which has no lolis, and there's no distinction between young/milf.
  6. I don't necessarily think that each one of these is better than current images, I honestly haven't compared *that* many of them, this is just what I've come up with over the years.
1. I've put the pictures I'd like to keep in .png (they still contain animation, since I only replaced the file extension).
If you like, for each category, if there's a few pictures you find to be God-Tier, add it to Yandex.com/images (most powerful image search algorithm). Then search for the equivalent in its highest size; make sure not to take a sample image (from Gelbooru for exemple), but click on "Original picture" so you download it without compression. Finally, crop and save the pictures in .png.

2. Will you be able to add it to them? There's a software called that works well.

4. There's a new breakthrough (officious, but I need to share it. I hope Lokplart won't be mad at me ^^). I've joined the new json file as well as some notes he gave me in private message. Here are the instructions:
The json file that has the max number of pictures for every girl configuration. So if you add an image, name it properly and search for it's name, without the number at the end in the file, and bump up that number by how many pictures you added. There is nothing else to adding pictures
Actually I suck at math and had a brain fart as soon as I read the word "number" :LUL: So tell me if you think I misunderstood his instructions: does it mean we have to get rid of every number in every picture name, and the game will automatically randomize them, based on the "max number" the json file has, for every girl (based on age, scene, hair)? And is that even possible on Windows? ^^. Or do I still keep the number on the picture name, but just make a mental note that there's a changeable max number now?

5. Speaking about general, some of the precise ones are definitely too generic. "analsex_white_long_2" looks good, but cropped as fuck, and I'd like to see her hair and eyes. That's something to overhaul completely in my opinion. If you see the pictures in 2.1, you can notice I've handled different image proportions by adding in a frame; I think you should follow that, to keep at least some of the original images compositions. What do you think?

6. In your pack I'd remove images that look too much western (analsex_blonde_long_milf). Pictures with recognizable characters from Naruto/Dragon Ball/Bleach/One Piece (analsex_pink_short_2). All censored pictures (that's a must, as it's the new standard). The dupes (I've noticed a few, like analsex_blond_long_loli). Missing the mark images, like anal fisting but it's only one finger (like analfisting_general_loli_4; and yes, I know such pictures are almost impossible to find). I'd photoshop the elves ear out of some pictures (bukkake_green_long_loli; yes, I redrawn the hair and background behind all elves ear, to avoid too much of the player's disbelief that this is not his slave). I'd rename pictures with missmatching hair (analsex_green_short_loli_2, her hair being pretty long).

I've got many more pictures completed, but their categories aren't fully complete (based on my standards), so I left those out. Some are just missing general images, so those are nearly done, others are...less so.
"missing general images". In theory, there are none, or very little, as in 2.1. I advise to put our work in common (and for you not to try on completing every category if the pictures in 2.1 are good enough for your standards).

Why? Because there's a behemoth of a task that awaits for us: completing every single missing entry in the "regular scenes". I've joined the excel sheets with all of them (a 0 anywhere = 1 picture to add).

Regarding transparencies: I think that the transparencies work pretty well as-is, but it probably depends on the image itself and the category, so I can understand the decision to go with consistency. A prime example of what I think is a good transparency is the "exhibit_blue_short_loli" image in that package. I think it's perfect to have a "bedroom" background behind it, but perhaps with the different bedroom images, some work better than others.
Maybe it's my own bias, but I typically game in a dark room, and assume others do as well, so that's why I don't particularly like the (blinding) white backgrounds, and would prefer black over white. Also, I think black would conceal aliased edges better in most cases.
I'm torn apart a bit. Pictures without backgrounds almost all look cheap to me, and they look cheap. It was one year ago, already, but when I changed the pictures, adding background to them felt like an evident choice. However, since I don't have much more arguments to back up that feeling, I'll propose neither to remove the white background to the images already in the game, nor to add a backgrounds to your images that don't have any. And we'll eventually test out in-game if both worlds combined sucks visually or not. (y)

----------> As a conclusion, after this general critique, I wish to express to you my gratitude for working on this game. Some of the pictures you found are high-tier, if not god-tier, and I'm looking forward for them to be added to the game. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MaenoJack

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
1. I've put the pictures I'd like to keep in .png (they still contain animation, since I only replaced the file extension).
If you like, for each category, if there's a few pictures you find to be God-Tier, add it to Yandex.com/images (most powerful image search algorithm). Then search for the equivalent in its highest size; make sure not to take a sample image (from Gelbooru for exemple), but click on "Original picture" so you download it without compression. Finally, crop and save the pictures in .png.
I highly recommend checking out the " " utility for finding images. It allows you to search many boards at once, and has a lot of nice features.

2. Will you be able to add it to them? There's a software called that works well.
Sure! Like I said, I just wanted to get something up & shared quickly for now.

Actually I suck at math and had a brain fart as soon as I read the word "number" :LUL: So tell me if you think I misunderstood his instructions: does it mean we have to get rid of every number in every picture name, and the game will automatically randomize them, based on the "max number" the json file has, for every girl (based on age, scene, hair)? And is that even possible on Windows? ^^. Or do I still keep the number on the picture name, but just make a mental note that there's a changeable max number now?
It took me a couple of reads, but I think I get what he is saying. You would keep the number in the filename, but he is just saying to search without the number, so that you can get the total number of images for that category. Then, once you have that total, you input that into the JSON as the maximum number of images for the category. Quite a beautiful way of doing it, assuming performance isn't affected or anything quirky like that!

5. Speaking about general, some of the precise ones are definitely too generic. "analsex_white_long_2" looks good, but cropped as fuck, and I'd like to see her hair and eyes. That's something to overhaul completely in my opinion. If you see the pictures in 2.1, you can notice I've handled different image proportions by adding in a frame; I think you should follow that, to keep at least some of the original images compositions. What do you think?

6. In your pack I'd remove images that look too much western (analsex_blonde_long_milf). Pictures with recognizable characters from Naruto/Dragon Ball/Bleach/One Piece (analsex_pink_short_2). All censored pictures (that's a must, as it's the new standard). The dupes (I've noticed a few, like analsex_blond_long_loli). Missing the mark images, like anal fisting but it's only one finger (like analfisting_general_loli_4; and yes, I know such pictures are almost impossible to find). I'd photoshop the elves ear out of some pictures (bukkake_green_long_loli; yes, I redrawn the hair and background behind all elves ear, to avoid too much of the player's disbelief that this is not his slave). I'd rename pictures with missmatching hair (analsex_green_short_loli_2, her hair being pretty long).
I did my very best to avoid using frames at all costs, but I noticed the current images featuring frames with a gradient in them, and I thought that was a good middle ground. A lot of the extreme crops were to make very recognizable characters to be less identifiable. For instance, your example of a serious crop (analsex_white_long), is a Disney character. But it's fantastic art, imo, and I think it would be a waste to ignore the enormous amount of rule34 art out there. Personally, I'm totally OK with cropping out the eyes up, to get some facial expression & hair in these instances.

I was never really hung up about mixing western & eastern art, because I always felt that this game had a healthy mix of both. This is most clearly displayed in the character images for the various people around town, and even the PC portraits. This is always a contentious topic, but I feel that if the art is good and fits the category, then it's fair game. And it's hard enough to find appropriate images for every action, every age, and every hair color without also limiting the art styles used. (as you already know :))

That being said, I totally forgot about the elf-eared images that I used, and I probably strayed too far into the "use whatever works" side of things.

I'd argue that the fisting pictures don't entirely miss the mark because the text, (at least in 1.7.5, forgive me if it's changed) for the first several levels of training describe how only the fingers can be used, because the fist does not fit yet. (and like you said, it's incredibly hard to find pictures of this action)

Regarding "general" images, it sounds like you want those phased out? Personally I'd vote against that. I think a they help give categories some variety, and I don't see much reason to remove high-quality generals.

Seriously, thank for you the critique! Since I was working alone on this for so long, I definitely got fixed into my own way of doing things, and took a lot of liberties with the choices I made in order to try to get the project done. It's quite a daunting task to come up with thousands of images, so there were certainly times when I said, "Fuck it, close enough!" and moved on. Green haired lolis are the bane of my existence...

I've taken a look at that spreadsheet, and I think I understand what's going on there. I'll see about getting some of those filled out.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I highly recommend checking out the " " utility for finding images. It allows you to search many boards at once, and has a lot of nice features.
Thanks. It seems to be a real time saver!

It took me a couple of reads, but I think I get what he is saying. You would keep the number in the filename, but he is just saying to search without the number, so that you can get the total number of images for that category. Then, once you have that total, you input that into the JSON as the maximum number of images for the category. Quite a beautiful way of doing it, assuming performance isn't affected or anything quirky like that!
Performance is very likely not to be affected at all! So yes, it's a breakthtrough in the history of Jack-o-nine image modding! :)

I did my very best to avoid using frames at all costs, but I noticed the current images featuring frames with a gradient in them, and I thought that was a good middle ground.
Gradiant tutorial:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A lot of the extreme crops were to make very recognizable characters to be less identifiable. For instance, your example of a serious crop (analsex_white_long), is a Disney character. But it's fantastic art, imo, and I think it would be a waste to ignore the enormous amount of rule34 art out there. Personally, I'm totally OK with cropping out the eyes up, to get some facial expression & hair in these instances.
Clever idea. However, since I do like the art in this picture too, I kinda wanted to see it full (I mean, eyes and hair are sexy, aren't they? ^^). I guess the compromise is up to you, between cropping the hair+eyes or making the rule34 content not recognizable. I'm in favor of seeing eyes and hair and not cropping them out even if that means seeing more rule34 content.

Albeit, I don't have a problem with rule34 content being in the game. It's just that my instinct tells me that seeing Hinata, Sakura, Princess Peach, Videl, Chichi, Nami, etc. would mess with my suspension of disbelief if I was playing this game for the first time. However, I don't have a problem with League Of Legends or Sword Art Online characters for example, nor I have a problem with 2B from NieR. I won't force such an arbitrary judgement on you, listen to your own instincts on this matter.

I was never really hung up about mixing western & eastern art, because I always felt that this game had a healthy mix of both. This is most clearly displayed in the character images for the various people around town, and even the PC portraits. This is always a contentious topic, but I feel that if the art is good and fits the category, then it's fair game.
Yes yes, NPC in the games are in western art. Some of the sex scenes are hand drawn, other are in 2D looking CGI. But see, I don't have a problem with "analsex_blond_long" even though it looked western, "hj_black_short_milf" looks pretty western, but the art quality makes up for it. But "analsex_blond_short" and even more "analsex_blonde_long_milf" look too much extremely western and not enough divine looking.

I'd argue that the fisting pictures don't entirely miss the mark because the text, (at least in 1.7.5, forgive me if it's changed) for the first several levels of training describe how only the fingers can be used, because the fist does not fit yet. (and like you said, it's incredibly hard to find pictures of this action)
Fair enough. But then seeing one finger only and being a level 5, for the player that'd look as if he's visually scammed ^^ I'm thinking of a compromis. By modifying the descriptions of the actions, and the images, to contain at least three fingers. So the players can tell himself: "ok, the fisting is being showed to me, it's just the beginning of the action".

Regarding "general" images, it sounds like you want those phased out? Personally I'd vote against that. I think a they help give categories some variety, and I don't see much reason to remove high-quality generals.
I don't want them phased out, and you know what? I think you did everything I could ever expect from the "general" images without me even asking for it. You completely hid the hair color on all of them (or I didn't look well enough). And that's perfect, it's horrible for a player to have a red haired slave and see a generic picture of a girl with white hair.

I just asked Lokplart to make an algorithm, so the game would fetch preferably between the specific pictures, rather than the generic ones (because they are visually boring, we see them all the time since they appear for all slaves, they don't allow you to empathize with your slave since you don't see their eyes, etc.). Generic pictures are a nice addition, that I don't want to get rid of. But them being there is a matter of having chosen quantity over quality; which is why I don't cherish them.

Seriously, thank for you the critique! Since I was working alone on this for so long, I definitely got fixed into my own way of doing things, and took a lot of liberties with the choices I made in order to try to get the project done. It's quite a daunting task to come up with thousands of images, so there were certainly times when I said, "Fuck it, close enough!" and moved on. Green haired lolis are the bane of my existence...
You're very welcome! I really want this game to improve, for the best, continually (baby steps by baby steps).
I also took some freedom: for exemple I took a lot of orange hair girls for the red hair category. I also made exhibit pictures show girls outside. Now that I'm thinking about it, I hope the game doesn't fetch for "exhibit" pictures in active sex, or it'll look terrible). I also wish we can eventually make "self-torture" and "humiliation" separate categories that don't fetch for "exhibit" pictures too!

I've taken a look at that spreadsheet, and I think I understand what's going on there. I'll see about getting some of those filled out.
Good luck! The way I am the most comfortable working on the game right now is giving direction and making benevolent critiques on other people's work, since I have an experience with the game and I worked hard on implementing a certain vision (which, I think, we commonly share).

I advise to share and communicate as much a possible. Specifically, for the task: if you ever have a second thought on a picture, or a "rule" and needs my last word, feel free to share it here (or in private message if it's loli content) so I can review it. Alternatively, if you feel confident in your picture choices, given all the directions I gave you (especially about the censored content), send it all at once when you feel you've done everything you could. I'll do some work then, to fill in the blanks, or propose alternatives.

Ps: In the pictures I personally added, I'd sometimes "photoshop-out" some of the onomatopoeia. I also extended some of the fingernails, given long and thin hands are a staple in a lot of professional manga (Saint Seiya is a good example), to express beauty and emphasize on glamour. I did that amateurishly and would like to edit or remove some of them, but here are two examples:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't need to go to such lengths. My point is that if you hesitate between two pictures and one of them has long fingernails, take her (and don't needlessly crop hands, unless they are drawn poorly). Secondly, If one has no emotionnally charged onomatopeia that removes the interpretation of emotion from the player, take this one.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
So tell me if you think I misunderstood his instructions
Yeah kinda. But not much. Naming hasn't changed at all, keep using the naming convention of the game.

does it mean we have to get rid of every number in every picture name, and the game will automatically randomize them, based on the "max number" the json file has, for every girl (based on age, scene, hair)? And is that even possible on Windows?
Casual and non descriptive rant about QSP's incapability to run external files :D:D:D:D

Basically yes.
Also, the game already reads a lot more then this. If anything, it improves performance. Or at least it will once I get enough motivation to go through all the ".json" slave files and delete the individual picture assignments from each ID (I'm probably going to rework the whole slave gen system and outright delete all the slave ".json" files cause that seems easier but I wanna finish the thing I'm working on first.)

Here lets get a practical example out in the public. In the attachments of this post is a ".rar" archive. Open it with whatever you use for extracting these (winrar, 7zip etc), take the 4 json files out and then open them in a text editor (I use sublime text, idk if notepad fucks up the formatting, but you can try.)

Once you have them open, look inside "pic_max.json"
You will see lots of lines that follow this pattern:" picMax["*pic_name*"]: *nr* "
  • *pic_name* is the picture name (without the number) --- this is what you search for
  • *nr* is the number of pictures for that configuration --- this is what you change
Adding a new picture:
  • Go to the folder where all the pictures for that act are
  • Throw the picture in the folder and name it properly (with the number)
  • Go inside the ".json" file and search for the picture name without the number.
  • Raise the *nr* at the corresponding line by how many pictures you added
  • Example:
    • Lets say you want to add two pictures for blowjob, black hair, short hair, young age
    • You go to content/pic/girls/sex and inside you'll search for the blowjob pictures.
    • At this moment the game has 2 pictures for blowjob, black hair, short hair, young age
      • bj_black_short_young
      • bj_black_short_young_2
    • Drop your 2 pictures in and name them like you would normaly
      • bj_black_short_young_3
      • bj_black_short_young_4
    • Go to the "pic_max.json" and search (CRTL+F) for "bj_black_short_young"
    • The highlighted line will be "picMax["bj_black_long_young"]:2"
    • Now you need to add the number of pictures you added
      • So edit the line to look like this: "picMax["bj_black_long_yonug"]:4"
        • If you were to add 3 pictures if would have been: "picMax["bj_black_long_yonug"]:5" instead
        • Or 10: "picMax["bj_black_long_yonug"]:12"
        • Etc... you get the idea: *old number* + *number of pics you added*
    • Save the ".json" file and you're done.
That's all there is to it.

Not all pictures are counted in the same ".json" file so:
  • In "pic_max.json" you will find all the pics that are in the "girls" folder (normal, sex and torture scenes) for young and mature ages
  • In "pic_max_loli.json" you find all the pics that are in the "girls" folder (normal, sex and torture scenes) for loli
  • In "pic_max_general.json" and "pic_max_general.json" you will find the pictures in the "scene" folder that are now handled by the new system (not all are)
    • Note: You don't need to add "loli" to the picture name, they are just counted separately to make it easy to install/uninstall the loli patch.
All that being said, while these are the actual files that are going to be used in the game, they do nothing without the new code. So they won't work for now. You can work with them in anticipation to the next version if want. If you want to add pics for the current version of the game, you still need to do it the old way.

Also, and this is directed towards anyone who wants to contribute pictures: Once the new system is out and everyone can add their own pictures easily, feel free to do so for your own game, but I really don't encourage releasing picture packs as mods because it would be an absolute nightmare to make them compatible with each other and once one is installed, it would require a complete re-install of the game or going through and manually deleting pictures and recounting in the ".json" to get rid of the pic pack.
Maybe a thread like "JONT pic submissions" where people can post pictures that they think should be in the game could be a thing but we'll take care of that problem when the new version is out

Last edited:

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I hope the game doesn't fetch for "exhibit" pictures in active sex, or it'll look terrible)
Just checked, It does. One act: Seduce.

Albeit, I don't have a problem with rule34 content being in the game. It's just that my instinct tells me that seeing Hinata, Sakura, Princess Peach, Videl, Chichi, Nami, etc. would mess with my suspension of disbelief if I was playing this game for the first time. However, I don't have a problem with League Of Legends or Sword Art Online characters for example, nor I have a problem with 2B from NieR. I won't force such an arbitrary judgement on you, listen to your own instincts on this matter.
This is all based on if the player wached/read/played an anime/manga/game with those characters. If you know the personality of a character, seeing her in game would break immersion because the text doesn't fit the character's style.
That said, from my own experience, I kind of started to disassociate the look from the character after a few times of seeing the picture. So while it did break my immersion a bit to see Katarina from League, I wasn't really bothered at all after the third or fourth time.

Last edited:

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
Ah yes, you guys bring up an important topic: the multiple use categories.

Dance, for instance, is a weird mix of ballet and striptease. Although, now that I'm trying to think of more examples, I'm coming up short. Maybe it's not such a big problem after all...

Edit: Another one I thought of is the "lesbo" category, which iirc, is also used in "threesome" activities. So should there never be a man in the lesbo pictures, or is it acceptable to have images with 2 female and 1 male?

This is all based on if the player wached/read/played an anime/manga/game with those characters. If you know the personality of a character, seeing her in game would break immersion because the text doesn't fit the character's style.
That said, from my own experience, I kind of started to disassociate the look from the character after a few times of seeing the picture. So while it did break my immersion a bit to see Katarina from League, I wasn't really bothered at all after the third or fourth time.
Totally agree. I haven't watched Naruto, so those characters mean next to nothing to me ( I can recognize some of them because they are so ubiquitous), but for qwerty, they do have meaning. I try not to use the most repeated, obvious characters, but I don't think any of us would be able to recognize and identify all of the characters out there. One thing that helps is searching for the "original" or "original_character" tags when looking for content, but that can be pretty limiting.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Pianocat's moo mod is now integrated into the main game. Major props for him for working on this game. All branches have been updated, you WILL need to download the images since there are images added. Not sure if a new savegame is required, but personally there's enough new content to warrant it perhaps :)

Interesting discussion above, would love to hear about the progress, and if you could see if the moo mod changes impacted anything. Full list of files changd here:

• Yay, new update!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
i107760: I never dared to ask how to use github; as I said, it's very intimidating for me.

But let's say I want to replace the sounds effects. What do I need to do for sound effects to change in Github too?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
i107760: I never dared to ask how to use github; as I said, it's very intimidating for me.

But let's say I want to replace the sounds effects. What do I need to do for sound effects to change in Github too?
1) Make gitgud account.
2) Request access to .
3) Install and setup .
4) Clone the repo.
5) Open git GUI in the folder you just cloned, then make a new branch.
6) Edit the files you want to change, or add new files, remove them. Make whatever changes you want.
7) Open git GUI again and push and commit all changes.
8) Ask me to cherry-pick your changes into the main branch.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
1) Make gitgud account.
2) Request access to .
3) Install and setup .
4) Clone the repo.
5) Open git GUI in the folder you just cloned, then make a new branch.
6) Edit the files you want to change, or add new files, remove them. Make whatever changes you want.
7) Open git GUI again and push and commit all changes.
8) Ask me to cherry-pick your changes into the main branch.
1) Done
2) Done (do I need to wait for you to grant me access for something to happen?)
3) Done. I've picked "GitHub desktop", randomly, because it looks good. Is it alright?
4) Done
5) Done, I called it "qwerty12359 modification" and "qwertyu-changes", in "media-base" and "media-patch". Are you able to see it from anywhere?
6) Done
7) I can just "commit" (which I did), but I don't see a "push" button anywhere.
8) I've done everything now. When I try to "publish my branch" (I just assumed this was the next step because I can't see anything new to the GitGud) it asks for my Github login+password, but the authentication fails for some reason.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I don't use GitHub desktop, I'm not sure you can use it with GitGud. I personally use . Until you press "Push" or "Publish", I won't be able to see it on the website. You will need to put in your gitgud credentials somewhere in your client, then you can push it since I gave you access.

Yuzver999

Sep 12, 2019
There is a small bug in a game: in a reference for Style slave stat, Refined and Elegant level marks are on same line.
jack.jpg
I discovered that into jack.txt , line #66343
Code:
$стиль_справка += dyneval($vb_cycle_skill, 4, 'Refined')
,the:
Code:
 + '<br>'
is missing at line end. Added it :
Code:
$стиль_справка += dyneval($vb_cycle_skill, 4, 'Refined') + '<br>'
and compiled using command prompt:
Code:
txt2gam.exe jack.txt jack.qsp
Seems to fix the problem. I wonder, is this enough, or did I miss some command parameters or anything like this (just never coded on QSP, and, honestly, do not intend to)?

P.S. Added redacted files, someone might want them. jack.txt goes into [game_folder]\Qgen\ and jack.qsp goes into [game_folder]\game\ . Original files are from 17.05.2020 mod release.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote