Mod QSP Jack-o-nine-tails Mods & More: Game Development Builds and Outfit System

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Drunk on life

Jan 16, 2017
Any drive or mega link for the image packs? Gitgud servers are awful, downloading 2 gb's at 10 kbps is not fun

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Any drive or mega link for the image packs? Gitgud servers are awful, downloading 2 gb's at 10 kbps is not fun
Not for the dev versions, no.. sorry.. they get updated pretty often so we would need to archive and upload 2gb for every sound/image changed.

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
I have the problem that the game crashes without error every time i try to get to the next day.
I can do everything else just fine. I can buy train slaves, train them, go to shops, visit the guild and take commissions.

With Lokplarts help i tried to debug or fix the problem. We tried to fix some problems with the pictures (bad time for download because of upload). The problem does not occur on Lokplarts system when he uses my .qsp file.

After that i downloaded everything again just to be sure. The problem still occurred. I tried it on all branches (main, loli, mod) with the same result.

I hope anyone here has some idea for a fix or something.

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
I've been encountering the same issue with every version since the image loading format change: crash on end of day.
I also found that attempting to learn a special technique from Lanista on that first day will also crash.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi,
I have the problem that the game crashes without error every time i try to get to the next day.
I can do everything else just fine. I can buy train slaves, train them, go to shops, visit the guild and take commissions.

With Lokplarts help i tried to debug or fix the problem. We tried to fix some problems with the pictures (bad time for download because of upload). The problem does not occur on Lokplarts system when he uses my .qsp file.

After that i downloaded everything again just to be sure. The problem still occurred. I tried it on all branches (main, loli, mod) with the same result.

I hope anyone here has some idea for a fix or something.
I've been encountering the same issue with every version since the image loading format change: crash on end of day.
I also found that attempting to learn a special technique from Lanista on that first day will also crash.
Can you join battles?

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I also encounter a crash when learning a special technique.
Do you get to read the text about whatever you're learning and then it crashes?

If yes, then that's still the end day bug because learning a special technique advances the day..

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
apoth Does it crash when you try to save the game?

If you can, can you try loading my save? I advanced it to day 2, I wanna know if it's day 1 specific, so after you load it, try advancing the day.
Put it in "game/save"
Then open the game, go to the main menu, and click "game" in the top right, then "load" and select my save.

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
When i select the technique option i can select a technique, select yes. After getting told that the training was hard the game crashes. I attached the last thing i see before crash.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
When i select the technique option i can select a technique, select yes. After getting told that the training was hard the game crashes. I attached the last thing i see before crash.
Yeah, it's the same bug. The day advances after finishing the training lesson

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
apoth Does it crash when you try to save the game?

If you can, can you try loading my save? I advanced it to day 2, I wanna know if it's day 1 specific, so after you load it, try advancing the day.
Put it in "game/save"
Then open the game, go to the main menu, and click "game" in the top right, then "load" and select my save.
The game still crashes when i try to end the day. Cant test the technique stuff.

I can save my progress without a problem.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Try to run "MakeQSP.bat" in the Qgen folder.
Open it, type "b", press enter, wait for it to be done, then press enter again, type "e", press enter.
After it closes, open the game and try again.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Sorry... I'm out of ideas...

You can try to re-download the code part with your antivirus closed
I don't think that's gonna solve anything... but it's the last thing I think of..

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Do you know any way to debug qsp games?
The best and only way to debug the game is the same way you would debug any python program.
By inserting pop up messages in the code.

If you wanna do that.
Open qgen.exe in the qgen folder. hit CTRL+O then select "jack.qsp" to load the files into the editor.
The files that are responsable for advancing the day are "next_day" which does all the calculations and "end_day_screen" which makes the end day UI.
One of them is in the system folder the other one is in the interface folder.

Here's a QSP documentation page. It's not really python but it's pretty close --
It's in Russian but google translate works really well
Look for the "msg" keyword, that's the pop up function

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
I added test messages to end_day_screen and next_day. I got nothing displayed.
To test if any messages would get displayed i added another one to city_screen and that message gets displayed.

Is there something that happens to advance the day except the two files you told me about?

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
I wantet to test another version of the game and found the branch tag v2.0.1. I just downloaded it and copied the content folder from the other version. With the v2.0.1 i do not have this bug. But some Images are missing for me (city bg) and its the base version of the game (no mod/no loli). Maby that helps finding the problem.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote