Mod QSP Jack-o-nine-tails Mods & More: Game Development Builds and Outfit System

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I wantet to test another version of the game and found the branch tag v2.0.1. I just downloaded it and copied the content folder from the other version. With the v2.0.1 i do not have this bug. But some Images are missing for me (city bg) and its the base version of the game (no mod/no loli). Maby that helps finding the problem.
That is so far behind. I don't think I can find anything based on that.

Is there something that happens to advance the day except the two files you told me about?
No.
If you look inside "menu_form" (which is in one of the top folders) line 189 (I think) you will see this:
Code:
FUNC('$menu', 'goto', $menu_item_end_day, next_day, 'menu_form', 'next_day', 'End of the day', 'End the day')
This is the line that makes the end day button appear on screen.
The '$menu' file is basically stitches code together to make it easier to form menus.
'$menu_item_end_day' has the graphical html code in it
'next_day' (the 4th argument) has a code in it
The last two variables are the name of the button and the tooltip text of the button

The line, in normal words is basically this:
"Make a button, with the graphics inside '$menu_item_end_day', the name "End of the day" and tooltip "End the day", then set 'menu_form' to the value of 'next_day'(4th argument) then go to the location 'next_day'(6th argument)."

Buttons and UI in general are done with HTML so it helps if you know that too
The fact that the button appears means that this is not the problem.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Actually, I just got another idea.
Can you please open the game. Start a sandbox game, stay on the main screen. On the top left, click on "other" -> "show html".
A pop up box will show up, can you copy-paste me that?

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
I cloned the repository to look through the commits to find out where it breaks. I can advance to the next day in commit 8709dd7 but in 4056aed i cant. The description says "adding qwertyu's sfx".

After checking the changes i found that sounds where added in end_day_screen. I removed the two lines with sound and could advance to the next text and the game crashed then.

After readding the sounds i disabled sound in game (the speaker on the top right) and could play like normal. I did not notice the sounds earlier becaus i disabled them through windows.

Lokplart do you have the sound enabeld or not? I checked if i have the files and i have them.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I cloned the repository to look through the commits to find out where it breaks. I can advance to the next day in commit 8709dd7 but in 4056aed i cant. The description says "adding qwertyu's sfx".

After checking the changes i found that sounds where added in end_day_screen. I removed the two lines with sound and could advance to the next text and the game crashed then.

After readding the sounds i disabled sound in game (the speaker on the top right) and could play like normal. I did not notice the sounds earlier becaus i disabled them through windows.

Lokplart do you have the sound enabeld or not? I checked if i have the files and i have them.
What.... the fuck....? Why... the fuck...?

Yes I have sounds enabled...

Edit: Is it the lines that play the sound or just the "if isplay($main_sound): close $main_sound" line?
If it is just that line, try to write it like this:
"if isplay($main_sound) = -1: close $main_sound"

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
I removed line 15
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play 'content/snd/night.mp3', music_volume, 'only, loop'
and line 76
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play 'content/snd/dinner.mp3', sound_volume
Also i noticed that in the options its almost impossible to change the volume. I attached a image to show why.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Also i noticed that in the options its almost impossible to change the volume. I attached a image to show why.
*facepalm* I completely forgot that there are extra buttons on the loli versions there. that's my bad.

I removed line 15
and line 76
Please try to put those 2 back in and try what I told you. It seams very odd that the sounds themselves would be the problem. I think it's the implicit conversion that I left there.

Edit: Also, line 15 and 76? They're line 11 and 72 for me.

Last edited:

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
Its possible that i moved the lines with my test messages and did not remove them cleanly.

I copied the original qsp and tested it with that one. Your solution seems to work fine.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Its possible that i moved the lines with my test messages and did not remove them cleanly.

I copied the original qsp and tested it with that one. Your solution seems to work fine.
So you added the "= -1" to the line and it works fine?

Brilliant. Thank you so much for taking the time to find what caused this bug.
I have no idea why it doesn't crash for everyone.
I'll make sure to never use implicit conversion again.

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
So you added the "= -1" to the line and it works fine?

Brilliant. Thank you so much for taking the time to find what caused this bug.
I have no idea why it doesn't crash for everyone.
I'll make sure to never use implicit conversion again.
Yes, i just added "= -1" and now it works.
Nice to hear that i could help and thank you for taking your time to help me.
Sometimes i wish every programming language would be as easy to use as c#.

I loved the game when i first played it in its original state and realy wanted to try your mod. Very happy i can now.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Sometimes i wish every programming language would be as easy to use as c#
I wouldn't classify QSP as a programming language, It's more of a fun toy imo, looks a lot like an ancestor of ren'py . It doesn't have classes or even matrices, not even talking about pointers or other fancy stuff.
I like Python more the C# but that comes down to personal preference. I like that it does a lot of stuff for me and I can just write code and it works. C# is a bit more strict from my experience.

I loved the game when i first played it in its original state and realy wanted to try your mod. Very happy i can now.
Glad you came back.
The mod version of the game, was entirely developed by i107760
If by "your mod" you meant the image display changes, then, first of all, thanks and second, those are in all three branches of the game now. So you can play whatever version you like

Reactions: apoth

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
I wouldn't classify QSP as a programming language. It doesn't have classes or even matrices, not even talking about pointers or other fancy stuff.
I like Python more the C# but that comes down to personal preference. I like that it does a lot of stuff for me and I can just write code and it works. C# is a bit more strict from my experience.
I just like c# because it was the first language that i learned at school and now work with. Its now the one i am most comfortable with :D

The mod version of the game, was entirely developed by @i107760
If by "your mod" you meant the image display changes, then, first of all, thanks and second, those are in all three branches of the game now. So you can play whatever version you like
I think its best if i just thank everyone who worked on this or other versions of the game.

Reactions: Lokplart

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
MaenoJack apoth and everyone else who had this crash bug on end day.
The bug is fixed on all branches. Pull if you have it cloned or re-download and it shouldn't happen anymore.... hopefully

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
Hi, its me again.
I found another bug or so i think.

When i try to gift a slave clothes everythink is normal but after the last next click, next disappears and i cant do anything but look at the last text that she did not like it. happend with different clothes but other thinks like plaid are ok.

Reactions: Lokplart

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi, its me again.
I found another bug or so i think.

When i try to gift a slave clothes everythink is normal but after the last next click, next disappears and i cant do anything but look at the last text that she did not like it. happend with different clothes but other thinks like plaid are ok.
Fixed and live on all branches.

apoth

Jul 31, 2017
Another quick question. After i updated the game i cant reload the save i created on the bugged version. Is that normal or is something wrong on my end?
I just go to Game->Load->*select the file*->open, but nothing happens

Edit: its not important wich save file I select. Even the one from Lokplart does not work.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Another quick question. After i updated the game i cant reload the save i created on the bugged version. Is that normal or is something wrong on my end?
I just go to Game->Load->*select the file*->open, but nothing happens

Edit: its not important wich save file I select. Even the one from Lokplart does not work.
4 options below load is an option called "ignore version check when loading". That solves your problem

MaenoJack

Mar 17, 2020
Nice work guys!

I'm still encountering a problem though...
The white town backgrounds, and city streets backgrounds aren't showing up and it's just brown. "city_large.png" "white_city_large.png" and "market_large.png" / "marketplace.png" are all in the pic/bg directory, but in game they don't display.

So far, every other BG I've tested works.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote