qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for clearing that up, very nice mechanic for early game slave training. If anyone is good at .qsp modding, I could use some help as said before :) Right now trying to figure out how the icon for every button and textbox is assigne, for example /ui overhaul/business.png, I'm trying to see how they give a menu option a specific image as a button. If you know, please tell. I'll keep looking myself too of course.
Oh! That's actually more simple than I understood. There 2 files in the json folder. Menu_icon and menu_index, which are quite important.

Besides, you can try to just copy and search, in qgen: "menu_item_slave_relaxed_oral_sex", or anything that has the same function as you're trying to implement and is in the same place. Then, try to imitate everything that is attached to that functions.

(it may not be conveyed in a clear way, because it's not like I myself understood in a clear way. That's just what I tried to somewhat do when I added the painting activity; although I mostly replaced an existing activity instead of adding one).

Reactions: i107760

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Oh! That's actually more simple than I understood. There 2 files in the json folder. Menu_icon and menu_index, which are quite important.

Besides, you can try to just copy and search, in qgen: "menu_item_slave_relaxed_oral_sex", or anything that has the same function as you're trying to implement and is in the same place. Then, try to imitate everything that is attached to that functions.

(it may not be conveyed in a clear way, because it's not like I myself understood in a clear way. That's just what I tried to somewhat do when I added the painting activity; although I mostly replaced an existing activity instead of adding one).
Thanks for the reply, I will take a look. Hopefully I will figure it out and implement something that works somewhat. I have a bad habit of editing my posts, so I'll try not to do so anymore.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks for clearing that up, very nice mechanic for early game slave training.

If anyone is good at .qsp modding, I could use some help as said before :) Right now trying to figure out how the icon for every button and textbox is assigned, for example /ui overhaul/business.png, I'm trying to see how they give a menu option a specific image as a button. If you know, please tell. I'll keep looking myself too of course. Guessing it might be in the stylesheet.css, taking a look there right now. EDIT: Nope, not it either.
A fair warning to that... there is a major drawback of failing to cast spells, I think it's covered in the tutorial/terminal...
A slave will either raise in temperament or rebellious/ drop in obedience.
makeing it harder to train her on the long run

Reactions: qwertyu12359

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
A fair warning to that... there is a major drawback of failing to cast spells, I think it's covered in the tutorial/terminal...
A slave will either raise in temperament or rebellious/ drop in obedience.
makeing it harder to train her on the long run
Yeah I know, but I finish training D- in a couple of days for early starting money. If I don't do casting the spells, I could not train them to D- in a couple of days(around 7 days on first slave) on hardcore as Nerd. I've managed to add the button, so thanks a lot qwerty. I will now try and implement mass shopping for several outfits.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
qwertyu12359 do you have any experience with ':loop'? I got the basis of an outfit system working, just having trouble looping all the separate 'present' interactions into one button press. Trying several things with loops now, but it always only activates the last condition.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwertyu12359 do you have any experience with ':loop'? I got the basis of an outfit system working, just having trouble looping all the separate 'present' interactions into one button press. Trying several things with loops now, but it always only activates the last condition.
Nope, I just know there is one in "generate_stock" for one of the top function, and the same function in "generate_clone" without the ':loop' and it works about the same. Go figure :illuminati:

Reactions: i107760

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I can't figure out what loops even do lol. With and without, everything I try works the same. Guessing they just don't work. Damn .qsp...

Gonna try to figure another way out, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Well, I've got massbuying items working. It's quite sloppily done though, qwerty do you have any experience with arrays? Right now I'm defining each item to buy individually, trying to find a better way to do it. Also still working on automatically equiping all the items. Gotta do the energy removal part as well still, but it's coming along. The amount of energy to remove is the problem, since it's dependent on where you live. I might just take an average though and just call it a day, so as to not add endless if statements depending on your district.

If you have any experience with dynamic slot_#_change, if you could explain to me how to for example equip anal_tail in slot 24 that would be very helpful. Here's my current code for first massbuy outfit: (only interaction section)
EDIT: Figured out a way to do it! Not very cleanly, but it works. Have 2 events now, 1 for just buying the outfit, 1 for equiping it right away.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If anyone has outfits they often buy, tell me the items and I can make a massbuy for it :)

Last edited:

xenos87

May 2, 2017
At this point, I'd just try my luck on Mozilla or Opera. All links work fine for me on chrome however. Tell me how it goes.
I suspect the error lies with my employer, because I get the exact same error in Edge. Maybe it's the vpn acting up.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
qwertyu12359 I finished the outfit system, it's still a little sloppy but it works. Are you interested in implementing it into the game itself? If so I will make it a little better (I will add text saying what items are being bought), and implement any outfits you'd be interested in being able to massbuy.

It doesn't only buy clothes, but it can also do piercing. So if you want to have a routine that applies all piercings and equips the relevant jewels, that's also possible. From my testing it works quite nicely ^^ Let me know if you are interested, if not I'll just save it for personal use and save my fingers from endless clicking the same things :D

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwertyu12359 I finished the outfit system, it's still a little sloppy but it works. Are you interested in implementing it into the game itself? If so I will make it a little better (I will add text saying what items are being bought), and implement any outfits you'd be interested in being able to massbuy.

It doesn't only buy clothes, but it can also do piercing. So if you want to have a routine that applies all piercings and equips the relevant jewels, that's also possible. From my testing it works quite nicely ^^ Let me know if you are interested, if not I'll just save it for personal use and save my fingers from endless clicking the same things :D
Give it to me, and then tell me what to do to test it out. After a while, I'll tell you if I plan to implement it for next version ;)

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I will PM you with it this evening. Are there any outfits you would want? That way you can confirm it works for any outfit, not just the one I implemented. EDIT: PM'd it to you with instructions on what to do.

EDIT: 1 slight bug found: You can keep applying routines2, it will deduct 10 sparks. This is due to leather_shackle coding which checks if there is <2 of them in inventory. If you first unequip the items, it won't have this bug though. I can try and see if I can fix it somehow, but probably not worth the effort. (Has no bad effects other than -10 sparks.)

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I was using
Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0 (beta version 2) - No loli.rar
I've re-downloaded, and got
Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0 - No loli
Hopefully, this resolves the issue.
Thank you

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I was using
Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0 (beta version 2) - No loli.rar
I've re-downloaded, and got
Jack-o-nine-tails v2.0 - No loli
Hopefully, this resolves the issue.
Thank you
Which issue exactly?
You want 2.0.1 preferably, not 2.0 ;p

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Has anyone written a guide/tips for this game? I'm kinda pushing buttons at random, which doesn't get me far.
Of course there are guides. There's the wiki. And there are written guides on this very thread, which I can give you. However, the whole pleasure of this game is getting familiar with it the hard way; to get lost in its universe and tame it, become the best.

It's insanely rewarding ;)

Mar 14, 2019
Of course there are guides. There's the wiki. And there are written guides on this very thread, which I can give you. However, the whole pleasure of this game is getting familiar with it the hard way; to get lost in its universe and tame it, become the best.

It's insanely rewarding ;)
I am both jaded and stupid- it's like the third time I take a bite at this game, and I still have no fucking clue, so a little help would be great. ;)

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Any preset outfits you guys want to be able to equip with 1 button press? My system/mod is coming along nicely, soon will be posted. Give me suggestions on what outfits you use often ^^.

Anyone good at .qsp modding, if you know how arrays work, I would love to talk to you to see if my code can be improved.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes