Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Aye, thank you for understanding my point.
After getting to Patrician, I've always felt this lingering feeling that there could be something more we could add onto the endgame so the players have the motivation keep on playing. But... all I have are ideas that I'm too unskilled to mod in.

Not wanting to burden you and qwertyu12359 further needlessly, I do hope a coding wizard could see this and maybe add in something for the endgame players. That's all I could hope for now (well, until I could learn my around the game code... though that could take a long time as I don't even understand java or c+...).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am not a professional or even amateur programmer, but I get the logic behind xml and json files apparently...
The issue I see here based on what you "SPOILERED" is that you use a function that might not be defined...
$menu_item_BuyMichaela I pressume there is a function required elsewhere similiar to the function of $menu_item_BuyYasmin.
I found references in the menu_items.json... but that doesn't seem to give any orders to the game... also you are missing the correspending lines of code in the menu_icon.json
I assume, that the operation that tells the game to "add a slave" to the player is part of the main game.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
kyoto_leon that looks very similar to the bug Yasmin and Helen had in 2.0 beta.
(changelog: " - Correct slave Yasmin and Helen when buying them from the fog. ")

Perhaps qwertyu12359 remembers what he did to fix it. If you still have it, you could also compare beta .qsp to current version .qsp and see what he changed for Yasmin and Helen. From a quick look at your code, I don't see anything that seems to be wrong, but I haven't taken an in depth look/tested it in game. (Plus I've never added a slave to the game before.) What testing have you done to see where it is going wrong? Try setting slave ID to that of Helen, to see if your interaction then works or not.

I feel like adding 'rewards' for post patrician is hard, because you basically already have beat the game... Being allowed to buy your house instead of renting it would be cool possibly, but not much point since sparks are of no importance in the end game anyway. I've looked at the code, it would not be that hard for me to make a mod that allows it. If other people are interested in being able to buy the house you're currently renting when you're a patrician in the relevant district, like this post and I will consider making it a mod if enough are interested in such a modification.

One thing I was considering as a reward for getting to White House patrician, is that when you visit the noble house of another house, the guard is more respectful in the way he turns you away. Haven't really looked into how much work this would be to code, I assume not so much, but then again it doesn't really seem like it would be worth the effort.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I feel like adding 'rewards' for post patrician is hard, because you basically already have beat the game... Being allowed to buy your house instead of renting it would be cool possibly, but not much point since sparks are of no importance in the end game anyway. I've looked at the code, it would not be that hard for me to make a mod that allows it. If other people are interested in being able to buy the house you're currently renting when you're a patrician in the relevant district, like this post and I will consider making it a mod if enough are interested in such a modification.

One thing I was considering as a reward for getting to White House patrician, is that when you visit the noble house of another house, the guard is more respectful in the way he turns you away. Would not be too much work to code, but also doesn't add that much, so not really worth the effort I felt when I had the idea.
I would consider this more trouble than not... are there actually any "rent" variables in the game?
Cause the one from the summary includes far more than the renting cost from the house.
The Barn, Fogfiend Cage and other "outside facilities" for the house shouldn't be included in the ownership.
Also the renting part raises if your living Standards rises (by choice) which I am not sure is a seperate variable either...
So I am not sure you can break the cost/renting system up so easily without creating problems in the long run

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I would consider this more trouble than not... are there actually any "rent" variables in the game?
Cause the one from the summary includes far more than the renting cost from the house.
The Barn, Fogfiend Cage and other "outside facilities" for the house shouldn't be included in the ownership.
Also the renting part raises if your living Standards rises (by choice) which I am not sure is a seperate variable either...
So I am not sure you can break the cost/renting system up so easily without creating problems in the long run
Code:
!Billing on the basis of the decade

rental_cost = estate_cost_main[$estate]
if dungeon > 0: rental_cost += estate_cost_dungeon[$estate]
if bouduar > 0: rental_cost += estate_cost_bouduar[$estate]
if lab > 0: rental_cost += estate_cost_lab[$estate]
if pen > 0: rental_cost += 10
Change to (if you want to exclude lab etc from ownership):
Code:

if owner = 1: rental_cost = 0 else rental_cost = estate_cost_main[$estate] end
And add a button to realtor that sets owner = 1, and deducts however many sparks, probably dependent on which $estate you are in. It would not be any trouble to code. But it also doesn't really add anything, at least not enough for me to make and keep a modified .qsp updated.

I will however consider making this mod if enough people are interested, so if people are, let me know (by liking my post to see how much interest there is, if there's not much I won't put in the effort/time).

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Code:

rental_cost = estate_cost_main[$estate]
Change to (if you want to exclude lab etc from ownership):
Code:

if owner = 1: rental_cost = 0 else rental_cost = estate_cost_main[$estate] end
And add a button to realtor that sets owner = 1, and deducts however many sparks, probably dependent on which $estate you are in. It would not be any trouble to code. But it also doesn't really add anything, at least not enough for me to make and keep a modified .qsp updated.

I will however consider making this mod if enough people are interested, so if people are, let me know (by liking my post to see how much interest there is, if there's not much I won't put in the effort/time).
I'm interested, personally, as a player ;) I think it's a good idea.

What I did to correct Yasmin was to search all occurrences of "905" and manually check whether one was attached to Yasmin. Some of them was (in Interaction_city, I believe). I changed them to "2574" and everything was fine.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016

What I did to correct Yasmin was to search all occurrences of "905" and manually check whether one was attached to Yasmin. Some of them was (in Interaction_city, I believe). I changed them to "2574" and everything was fine.
If you're interested, I will code it :) To thank you for your hard work developing this game.

I expect the first version will be done this evening/tomorrow, provided I don't get stuck coding somewhere. I will post a download link here, and I'll probably overhaul the thread for my outfit system mod to also include this mod, I don't feel like making a separate thread.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Since new versions updates create save bugs due to weird engine, I have to make sure new versions are qualitative enough to require people dropping their current progress.

I'll include it in version 2.0.2. :)

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I deleted all my old saves, does anyone have a save where you are about to complete the Patrician Quest? Need it to test if my mod works correctly. (button to buy houses only showing up when noble.)

Also interested in any saves where you are noble of the other districts, since I will also add being able to buy those houses when you live there and are noble. (Need to think about how moving will work though, since I can't let you keep the house you bought. You'd probably just lose it, and the money.)

Mod is coming along well though, just need a way to test if my conditions actually work as desired.

Last edited:

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019
If you're interested, I will code it :) To thank you for your hard work developing this game.

I expect the first version will be done this evening/tomorrow, provided I don't get stuck coding somewhere. I will post a download link here, and I'll probably overhaul the thread for my outfit system mod to also include this mod, I don't feel like making a separate thread.
Outfit mod and a reward post Patrician status. You're gifting us two things in one go. Thank you, man.

I wish I'd be able to learn these coding things faster... is there any pre-requisite knowledge that I should acquire first (like, I should search up books on java or c++ ) to understand the qgen better?

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019

I looked into the qgen, and noticed that Yasmin's corresponding number is 905 while Helen's 907. I've used 907 for the new slave I tried to mod in... perhaps that's the issue.

Edit + Update:

I've assigned the 908 for the new slave. Properly assigning it to her jason's number 2580 too. But the problem still persists.

But after I changed it to Helen's 907 and 2575, and left the price 5000 sparks untouched (and the "if interaction _city = 6536" untouched too) .... the purchase was successful (i.e, Helen is in his slave slot)

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I looked into the qgen, and noticed that Yasmin's corresponding number is 905 while Helen's 907. I've used 907 for the new slave I tried to mod in... perhaps that's the issue.

Edit + Update:

I've assigned the 908 for the new slave. Properly assigning it to her jason's number 2580 too. But the problem still persists.

Wait, these "900+" numbers should have been changed to 2500+ too, isn't it? Ooops :KappaPride:

Edit: The images "girls/full/michaela" and "content/pic/girls/face/michaela". What are their file extension? .jpg or .png?

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019
No I meant the ones after "seed_beauty". About me having left them untouched for Yasmine and Helen in 2.0.
Ah that. Yeah, they're still left untouched as 907 for Helen and 905 for Yasmin. But I can purchase them successfully. So prolly those aren't the cause of the bug, I suppose?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Their extension are .png.
Oh, so I need to change them to .jpg?
Keep them to .png.

Try to make a backup of the picture in "face", then grab an existing one and name it Michaela.

If that doesn't work, it means that what you did to implement it in the .qsp doesn't suffice. Make sure not to load a save if you're testing things, always make a new game.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Since new versions updates create save bugs due to weird engine, I have to make sure new versions are qualitative enough to require people dropping their current progress.

I'll include it in version 2.0.2. :)
What bugs exactly? That seems like a real hassle, do you have any idea where in the code they occur? Does it happen everytime the .qsp is edited?

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019
Keep them to .png.

Try to make a backup of the picture in "face", then grab an existing one and name it Michaela.

If that doesn't work, it means that what you did to implement it in the .qsp doesn't suffice. Make sure not to load a save if you're testing things, always make a new game.
I've tried replaced her face with existing Helen's, and Isabella's. But the problem persists still.

But this kind of gave me an idea... I've swapped out Michaela's json and made a copy Yasmin's json and renamed it as 2580_michaela.json.

And the purchase was successful!

So the issue seems to be with the json file. Hmm. Perhaps I'll try recreating Michaela's json file by using Helen's one step at a time. I might mess up eventually... but I guess these were part of fun of D.I.Ying games like this XD

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
... I told you to test if the problem was in your json by replacing the ID with Yasmin's, but anyway glad you managed to figure it out :)

Real Estate mod is complete, works from what I've tested. I won't make separate .qsp files, I will instead add this mod to my outfit mod .qsp, because I don't want to have to maintain 4 .qsp files. If you don't want cheat mod + outfit and macro mod, you can follow instructions in the .txt file to patch a .qsp file yourself. I also have only tested White Town patrician, because I do not have any saves where I am a patrician in the other districts.

Now that I'm doing Patrician Rewards anyway, I kind of feel like adding that guards treat you with respect when a White Town patrician, and not as rude as they do now. Will see how much effort it is to code. Anyone else have any good ideas for Patrician Rewards?

EDIT: Download now available at: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ian-rewards-outfit-system-macro-system.41551/

Last edited:
Reactions: Linkin88

kyoto_leon

Dec 3, 2019
... I told you to test if the problem was in your json by replacing the ID with Yasmin's, but anyway glad you managed to figure it out :)
Aye, indeed. Coding is so delicately intricate. Every step is a scare. lol
But the feeling of figuring out a bug or getting something to work is so satisfying!
Thank you, qwertyu12359 and Evangelion-01 so much for the patience and guidance. ^_^

Real Estate mod is complete, works from what I've tested. I won't make separate .qsp files, I will instead add this mod to my outfit mod .qsp, because I don't want to have to maintain 4 .qsp files. If you don't want cheat mod + outfit and macro mod, you can follow instructions in the .txt file to patch a .qsp file yourself.

Now that I'm doing Patrician Rewards anyway, I kind of feel like adding that guards treat you with respect when a White Town patrician, and not as rude as they do now. Will see how much effort it is to code. Anyone else have any good ideas for Patrician Rewards?
The real estate thingy is the most I could think of... and the polite guards are quite a great improvement too.
How about you though? If it was you who had achieved nobelty, what kind of privilege you would want to have?

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes