bruh669

Aug 13, 2020
The loli patch download link doesn't working, could anyone upload it on MEGA.NZ?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The loli patch download link doesn't working, could anyone upload it on MEGA.NZ?
Looks fine to me:
Annotation 2020-08-13 191013.jpg

Does it look different to you? If so, please post a screen.

Nobody can post it to Mega because they purely and simply delete accounts if a download link is signaled (even with a password protected archive; so even without making sure if there's indeed a rule infringement).

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Music sounds gay? This makes me want to download the game just out of curiosity to see what gay music is like
David Maxim, Debussy, Vivaldi and Bloodborne musics are pretty ungay as per my standards. You'll tell me. :KappaPride:

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I really wonder what has to go through your mind so you come to the conclusion that it's worth to write an essay about a game you don't like.
So he complaining about extreme graphical content, even though the game has the tag. And about having to click? I admit it, our UI is not the best. But how is slave maker or brothel king any different clicking wise?
This guy just assumed we're going to flip him off if he asked for a mod? Come on dude...

Question: if all game related complaints in a review are addressed, can we take it down?

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
1 star reviewers intellectual integrity in a nutshell:
It's interesting how people take it so much personally... about a FREE game... completed AGES ago by the DEVELOPER... And the actual stuff as been continued only by the COMMUNITY :coffee:

No comment.

Yet, moving away from the rage post that he just posted, I think that I might agree with him on some stuff. Exactly 2:

1 - I'm not a fun myself of the cannibal stuff and I think it might seems a bit "forced" from some points of view, yet I think it's fitting. After all, Rome is a dystopic society and with habit and fear, human can "adapt" to any kind of weird situations... Those that survive at least.

- So I would like to rise a small debate: Is the cannibalism stuff really fitting into the game? If yes, How and why? It is adding to the experience?

2 - Some part of the game are indeed complex. For example how to raise and lower nature and other statistic, etc.
Now, I remember reading A LOT about it on hongfire that helped me playing the game but not the site is kill. The last version of the game that I played was: 1.7.5 and for a billion of different reason, I haven't played the never version (When I play, I usually do a 10h run, not on the same day of course)

- The question is: Was the system changed from the 1.7.5? Is the UI more clear and says clearly what happen when you do something and how improve stats?
It the answer is not, how is possible to make it easier for the User to understand how to work with the different attributes?
I have a couple of suggestions, actually 2:
1 - In 1.7.5 Crushboos added a text file into the game, this text filed informed the player on how to use the drugs, how to "achieve" many different result within the game. Being a gladiator, ponygirl, whichnurse, etc. Adding a small "User guide" like a "portable" wiki could be an interesting idea. No need to write everything inside of it, just the hidden stuff: like attribute works, missable stuff etc.

2 - Something like above, but more clearly and immediate: writing it into the slaver diary like the other notes.

What do you think about it?

Anyway, Jack is a very unique slave trainer game. Unique in it's complexity and feeling, mixed with many weird fetishes as it's a a result from many modders... Yet all of this make it unique, creating a weird and interesting flavor that you can't get in any other similar game.
A Dark Fantasy slaver game, very crude where you can almost be an evil... or enjoying a more vanilla side.

This is something I would like to point out even in the current release: before, it was possible to almost "close your eyes" and play the game in a more "relaxed" and vanilla fashion. The way it's currently going, it's seem a bit "harder" to do that.
I will probably do a small "vanilla" mod for myself (a couple of background, maybe music, and some very minor stuff). Yet, I wanted to make point this out as maybe I'm not the only one that liked the game on a more "light" feeling.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
- So I would like to rise a small debate: Is the cannibalism stuff really fitting into the game? If yes, How and why? It is adding to the experience?
I'm neutral on the subject. I don't like it, I don't dislike it.

There are no fields of grass or places to grow animals. It might seem like not that far fetched of an idea to have animals but to produce enough to feed an entire city would probably require more space then the city can offer. Rome is already overcrowded and that space for growing animals would have to be taken from living space.
I don't doubt the fact that there are people who don't eat human meat in the city because I'm very sure that the pigs that fuck our slaves are not there just for the slave to fuck. But it would be stupidly expensive.
So overall yes, I think it does fit in as it is the only easy source of meat.

Now, does it add to the experience? I would say yes because it is in theme with all the other fucked up things that go around in the game's world. But the answer to that question is very subjective. If the player is disgusted by the act then no matter how much it would fit into the game's theme and lore you will not be able to sway that player.

I didn't really feel forced to see cannibalism anywhere.. but that's probably because I don't mind it. Can you please tell me in which situations does the game force you to see it?
Now that the code is not such a mess anymore I can try to include all the gore events and interactions that are currently not being hidden by the gore filter into it, like you proposed a while ago.
If you could give me a list of those or some directions it would make it that much faster to do this.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
I'm neutral on the subject. I don't like it, I don't dislike it.

There are no fields of grass or places to grow animals. It might seem like not that far fetched of an idea to have animals but to produce enough to feed an entire city would probably require more space then the city can offer. Rome is already overcrowded and that space for growing animals would have to be taken from living space.
I don't doubt the fact that there are people who don't eat human meat in the city because I'm very sure that the pigs that fuck our slaves are not there just for the slave to fuck. But it would be stupidly expensive.
So overall yes, I think it does fit in as it is the only easy source of meat.

Now, does it add to the experience? I would say yes because it is in theme with all the other fucked up things that go around in the game's world. But the answer to that question is very subjective. If the player is disgusted by the act then no matter how much it would fit into the game's theme and lore you will not be able to sway that player.

I didn't really feel forced to see cannibalism anywhere.. but that's probably because I don't mind it. Can you please tell me in which situations does the game force you to see it?
Now that the code is not such a mess anymore I can try to include all the gore events and interactions that are currently not being hidden by the gore filter into it, like you proposed a while ago.
If you could give me a list of those or some directions it would make it that much faster to do this.

If humans can wander to Rome by that dimensional stuff, why can't animal do the same? The monster can eat humans as they can eat animals.
Why are Human more common than animals? Also,is it possible to people in Rome go raiding other dimension? If yes, it should be possible to hunt for animals.

Maybe animals are rarer and costly, but I don't think the possibility should not be neglected.

Why forced?
- Cause for reason above, I think animals could be present, even if only for people of high social status;
- Cause it has zero gameplay impact, I may be wrong... But I don't see the slave care too much if she eats human flesh or not.

It's there, it can disgust the player (as not many can be into that thing) and I don't see it's add much too the game if not only help to create the dark "atmosphere" of Rome.
I personally don't like it in the dimension that "I avoid it", as I avoid too much gruesome stuff like "burning" and killing.

Form this base we can split into 2 different roads:
1 - Just making it a subtle thing, it exist... but you can totally avoid it by simply "forgetting" about it and adding stuff to make it more subtle, like hunting/eating animals.
2 - A censor button that hide Cannibalism or Guro stuff (depends on how far are we going).

Jack is a dark fantasy game, so maybe the whole thing it's part of it's "Appeal".
Having the button "Kill her"... It's say what does and you are 100% aware of what will happen. Just removing the "Forced" thing would be fine in my opinion: having the possibility to eat animals, removing gruesome background (like piercing shop) and stuff.

Adding animals would be a nice addition in my opinion, which will only add value.. and for the rest, a small mod that simply overwrite some pics could be done to make without need to touch the code.

In summary: keep the heavy stuff, just don't throw it at the face of the player and add a "logical" way to avoid it like "eating animals", etc.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
If humans can wander to Rome by that dimensional stuff, why can't animal do the same? The monster can eat humans as they can eat animals.
I know there are some animals in Rome but I don't think production of animal meat can be scaled up inside the available space in the city to meet the demand of an entire city.

Why are Human more common than animals? Also,is it possible to people in Rome go raiding other dimension? If yes, it should be possible to hunt for animals.
No one can leave the dimension. I believe that is a lore fact.

Why forced?
- Cause for reason above, I think animals could be present, even if only for people of high social status;
- Cause it has zero gameplay impact, I may be wrong... But I don't see the slave care too much if she eats human flesh or not.
I don't think that implying the fact that cannibalism is the normality in the city results in forcing it upon the player.
I think forcing the player to see the picture in order to progress is what forcing it means..

It also doesn't have 0 gameplay impact because you can sell human meat. Sure it's not really a viable thing but there's an economy rework planned for the game that will take a look at alternative ways to earn money.

2 - A censor button that hide Cannibalism or Guro stuff (depends on how far are we going).
I think this is the way. There is already a button to turn gore images off but I believe that doesn't cover all the gore interactions in the game (for some reason). So improving that would probably be the way to go.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
For what it's worth, I think the cannibalism stuff makes a lot of sense within the setting established and is an important part of how it's presented to the player.

In Eternal Rome, human life is lower than worthless. People wander in constantly from the fogs, and between the difficulty of trade and the extreme shortage of farmland and space, the city literally can not afford to feed all of them, much less house them. That's the entire reason why slavery is such a major part of their society, and why you can do what you do; if you don't contribute, you literally aren't worth the resources to keep alive, and are used to help those who are. From what I remember, it is explicitly mentioned that it's basically just people that come in through it - and the horrible monsters that lurk around in there - and anyone who wants actual meat has to try the herculean task of getting it actually shipped in from the other side with all the danger and impracticality that entails.

Yes, it's grisly, but the game is about breaking people into sex (and more) slaves; it's already grisly. At least in this context, there's some logic behind the process. Without a way to fit in and contribute despite not being a citizen, none of them will be able to make a living, and there's no where else for them to go. Shit, even as a trainer (and I believe a citizen) you can struggle badly to try and afford food for yourself in a hovel when you start on hard mode. There's no job you can go do for easy cash - you can't just work at Roman McDonalds - all that work is taken by slaves, who basically work for the minimum amount it takes to keep them alive. That's the state of society in Eternal Rome.

I think if you went back and took all that out, and just made them grow infinite food easily, you'd lose a lot of narrative glue that binds the setting and its motivations together. My two pence on the matter. Adding in an option should be totally fine though; some people want to avoid gross shit like that more than they want to see the world be internally consistent, and that's fine.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
When I played v1.7 I didn't even notice that cannibalism was a default because I'd never eat at the Virgin Hip, and because the pictures rarely matched the descriptions (remember the black winged bald angel that stood for "techno-janissaries"? Well for the farm in the Outcasts, there were real life pigs).

Now it's been fixed, so effectively we're more forced to notice the purpose of making girls "pet pony" for clients; it's because their purpose is to fill the role of actual animals and pets (animal meat is probably more expensive than a house; they prefer leaving the few living animals there alive, and have them fuck slaves for entertainment than slaughter them for a bit of food and have to get other real animals through the fogs by walking).

About working as modders to make cannibalism less normalized and up your face... Hell no. I like my JONT not-vanilla. This is not Noddy Goes to the Beach, this is a glorified 120 Days of Sodom. This is a total experience. That's what makes JONT so good to begin with; there was no producer to self-censor this game in order for it to meet a broader audience. Hence why the game better not become an alive slippery slope of added half-mesures. Making the game have no lolis by default was already an artistic betrayal of the original material, there won't be more. (We can still make the 'no gore' option disable all images of cannibalism it doesn't already hide. There will still be the tiny images from the UI tho).

By the way, let's not forget that in Antique Rome, Marcus Aurelius passed a law: "don't feed alive slaves to animals". People actually did it for fun ^^ Other anecdote: taking gladiators to the war was necessary... Yet the habitants of Rome made Aurelius yield and bring this (really, really) violent entertainment back. And that was Rome, so imagine less civilized places. Real earth was savage. Fake dystopic multiverse overpopulated Rome from a sex game doesn't have to be less.

That's the train of thoughts leading to my philosophy for the current and future development. :) :coffee:

Last edited:

tak51

Dec 17, 2017
I have some questions about gameplay I don't find on wiki: I made my assistant lactate for a bit now, and milk begin to take all my cryostore space. Is there a way to get ride of the excess milk&cream (and eggs if i make her grow them)?
Another questions about food: How does the game choose which food do you eat/cook each day? Does Meat&Cream increase moods more than other food? (they are more expensive). Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I made my assistant lactate for a bit now, and milk begin to take all my cryostore space.
If you have over 10 milk and less then 5 cryostorage it should discard the excess milk.
Same with eggs, cream and mince.

How does the game choose which food do you eat/cook each day? Does Meat&Cheese increase moods more than other food? (they are more expensive).
I think food has a rating. The higher the rating the bigger the mood bonus.
The person that is cooking will try to make the highest rated meal that they can with the ingredients available.

Feb 21, 2019
Love how even the polls came out. Must mean the ui is pretty good.
For me personally, I started out on clicking the portrait. But when I got the hang of things and became a slave trainer express, I just used the book, was quicker to know what needed to be done. Still prefer the portrait for when I know its gonna be a while, like the next assistant.

Aug 20, 2020
Hi. New to the forum (new to F95), but long-time JoNT player and modder (last active on the 1.7.x HongFire thread). I have a good understanding of QSP's arcane programming language (that this game is coded in) and I am working on a slew of fixes and tweaks to contribute to the latest work the other developers here have been doing. Please treat me kindly.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes