PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
... I noticed from the weekly billing (not the barn expenses, the household expenses) that you had a huge food bill. Did you have a slave in prison for a long time on a fiend cum diet? That's the only place where I see a potential cost accumulation.
From Accounting -> Financial report? Thats the one that rises like a rocket when i put someone into the barn. From my build (which should be Dev build maybe a week ago along with my modding to remove parts of sidequest for Chimera gem) having anyone in the barn on any food choice raises the foodbill by 200-300 per day they stay. If theres a separate barn bill somewhere I haven't found it.

And to answer the prison thing: No, i've only ever used prison as a quicker cryo cell variant for when im juggling slaves to do the Arena/Races for the quest.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hm, well, give it a try with the latest build. I'm not seeing any unusual cost accumulation.

The separate barn bill is under business, below accounting in the domestic issues menu. It also appears after the regular weekly billing pop-up.

Curious what you modded?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
tried to turn in a d- servant contract with 1 despair. asked if I wanted to at -50 penalty, and it just returned to the previous menu without accepting the contract, allowing you to attempt to sell it again... and again...
The question is phrased as "Do you want to keep working on it?" so if you choose "yes" then you keep the slave.

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Code lurking findings:
Fiend Tattoo seems to only affect the house and prison, not the barn.

There's a english version of the start menu screen. Why isn't it used?

Are the 2 last applied torture options supposed to give less xp than the others?

Testing findings:
Still blank screen on cow sale at the farm.

Virginity and fertility only show on entry into cryochamber(from the house). Swapping slaves instead makes the normal trait( list appear instead(their contents dont display at same time.. This change persists if you change back to the original slave.

The final dialogue in the post-game quest doesnt clear and overlays with the normal forum text. "I was told you could be relied upon [...]"

Tested as of: gitgud Alpha branch 10/12/2020

Comment:
How about making some parts of pony set add more of a bonus. The fact that a mere tail gives same bonus as an entire harness is kinda nuts. Especially since the set is really bad with its massive mood drop. It mostly just goes on for a race and then off.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Code lurking findings:
Fiend Tattoo seems to only affect the house and prison, not the barn.

There's a english version of the start menu screen. Why isn't it used?

Are the 2 last applied torture options supposed to give less xp than the others?

Testing findings:
Still blank screen on cow sale at the farm.

Virginity and fertility only show on entry into cryochamber(from the house). Swapping slaves instead makes the normal trait( list appear instead(their contents dont display at same time.. This change persists if you change back to the original slave.

The final dialogue in the post-game quest doesnt clear and overlays with the normal forum text. "I was told you could be relied upon [...]"

Tested as of: gitgud Alpha branch 10/12/2020

Comment:
How about making some parts of pony set add more of a bonus. The fact that a mere tail gives same bonus as an entire harness is kinda nuts. Especially since the set is really bad with its massive mood drop. It mostly just goes on for a race and then off.
Thanks for the reports. I've updated the 2.2 alpha (master-ia) branch.

- Fiend tattoo now negates the negative moodlets when feeding the cow fiend cum.
- All applied tortures now give the same amount of torture xp.
- Fixed blank screen when selling a cow (was caused by a missing curly brace) and improved some of the text.
- Fixed stasis chamber trait list after swapping slaves.
- Fixed post-patrician mission texts and transition.

Responses to your other question and comment:

- The ACHTUNG! on the start menu warning screen has a slightly more nuanced meaning than the "CAUTION" on the fully translated version of the screen. The original game author (who was Russian) chose ACHTUNG for the warning screen, so this is an originalist revision.

- The pony items already give different bonuses - the harness gives twice the learning bonus of the tail. As for the mood penalty, it's conditional; a trained pet will accept the tail, at least, without a fuss. The bonuses are sufficient to compensate somewhat for the mood penalty, and you can raise her mood in other ways to get more benefit from the set.

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Thanks for the reports. I've updated the 2.2 alpha (master-ia) branch.

- Fiend tattoo now negates the negative moodlets when feeding the cow fiend cum.
- All applied tortures now give the same amount of torture xp.
- Fixed blank screen when selling a cow (was caused by a missing curly brace) and improved some of the text.
- Fixed stasis chamber trait list after swapping slaves.
- Fixed post-patrician mission texts and transition.
Yup, all working. It created a minor new weird thing. Post-quest's two final dialogue bits being with the same half "you must ..... misunderstanding" and a different end half.

Responses to your other question and comment:

- The ACHTUNG! on the start menu warning screen has a slightly more nuanced meaning than the "CAUTION" on the fully translated version of the screen. The original game author (who was Russian) chose ACHTUNG for the warning screen, so this is an originalist revision.
Fair enough.

- The pony items already give different bonuses - the harness gives twice the learning bonus of the tail. As for the mood penalty, it's conditional; a trained pet will accept the tail, at least, without a fuss. The bonuses are sufficient to compensate somewhat for the mood penalty, and you can raise her mood in other ways to get more benefit from the set.
hmmm, while I don't think the training bonuses make up for the difference I will admit I overreacted. It was kinda crushing when my assistant went from fully maxed to insane in the span of 30-some days because I forgot removing the racing outfit on a quick swap to make her grand champion. If she is in main spot it's easy to get at least neutral mood without any interraction. Plumets the moment she swaps back to assisant.

Bonus comment: Am I the only one who feels it weird that Felicity has minimum C in Cleaning and Cooking? Doesn't feel in character with spoiled princess (who also has very low spoil stat)

Edit: Any manual interaction with a fiend deflowers a slave. Automatic task daily does not. Doesn't feel intended

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yup, all working. It created a minor new weird thing. Post-quest's two final dialogue bits being with the same half "you must ..... misunderstanding" and a different end half.
Thanks for pointing this out. It should be fixed now.

It was kinda crushing when my assistant went from fully maxed to insane in the span of 30-some days because I forgot removing the racing outfit
If she is in main spot it's easy to get at least neutral mood without any interraction. Plumets the moment she swaps back to assisant.
I've adjusted the overnight processing of the assistant to mitigate mood debuffs.

Bonus comment: Am I the only one who feels it weird that Felicity has minimum C in Cleaning and Cooking? Doesn't feel in character with spoiled princess (who also has very low spoil stat)
She's supposed to start with maxed spoil, but it wasn't being loaded correctly from her template. Should be fixed now, along with her starting skills, stats and items.

Edit: Any manual interaction with a fiend deflowers a slave. Automatic task daily does not. Doesn't feel intended
Oversight, now corrected also.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Hello, I noticed there's a 'picture_modding' folder in the \game dir with a readme file which references 'Load Pictures.exe', to be used whenever pictures are added to or removed from the game. However, I don't see that executable anywhere... unless it's actually referencing the python script?

Is this still meant to be used or is it some relic from an old version of the game? If so, is there a particular process I should be using when replacing existing pictures or adding new ones? Will the game automatically read additional pictures I add with sequential numbering in the filename or does each filename need to be defined somewhere? And is there a limit to how many pictures can be in a particular series? Referring specifically to scenes.

edit:

also, does the game do any auto scaling of picture size? Or would I need to manually cut everything down to what seems to be the standard of 795x596?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hello, I noticed there's a 'picture_modding' folder in the \game dir with a readme file which references 'Load Pictures.exe', to be used whenever pictures are added to or removed from the game. However, I don't see that executable anywhere... unless it's actually referencing the python script?

Is this still meant to be used or is it some relic from an old version of the game? If so, is there a particular process I should be using when replacing existing pictures or adding new ones? Will the game automatically read additional pictures I add with sequential numbering in the filename or does each filename need to be defined somewhere? And is there a limit to how many pictures can be in a particular series? Referring specifically to scenes.

edit:

also, does the game do any auto scaling of picture size? Or would I need to manually cut everything down to what seems to be the standard of 795x596?
It is a python script. I think the "exe" was considered as a virus by Windows Defender so Lokplart got rid of it.

In theory, it's still meant to be used, but I don't.

The game will however automatically read additional pictures you add with sequential numbering, you don't need to edit the json files (long awaited feature of 2.2).

I don't think there's a limit, but I can't know for sure.

The game doesn't auto scale picture size. Maybe the modding utility does it for you, but without that, 795x596 for scenes is mendatory indeed. (y)

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Findings:
hmmm. I don't think theres a reveal in any event for the bi-sexual trait. It's acquired successfully, just never shown. Very unhelpful for knowing when to stop during post-quest. I was at double the needed value when I was looking at why I failed the post-quest.

edit: I think same applies for Nymphomania. Because now I gave her 800 xp and turned in the quest, it still hadnt shown up.

RegEx to search for it
(homo)([A-Z,_])*(revealed'\]) =

Testing:
Tattoo store's tool tips get missalign once you have everything. The menu moves down (gets smaller) but tooltips stay in old locations.

Comment:
Feels a bit weak that the [Cheap nutrient packs] and [Fiend juice] cost similar when one is massproduced goods and the other is difficult to obtain produce. Even more so since they got almost identical effects which you can easily fix(tatoo) to make fiend juice a strictly better food.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Findings:
hmmm. I don't think theres a reveal in any event for the bi-sexual trait. It's acquired successfully, just never shown. Very unhelpful for knowing when to stop during post-quest. I was at double the needed value when I was looking at why I failed the post-quest.
Good catch. The code supposed to reveal this trait was incorrectly linked to a different trait instead. Should be fixed now.

edit: I think same applies for Nymphomania. Because now I gave her 800 xp and turned in the quest, it still hadnt shown up.
Thanks for the report. This is meant to be revealed when the slave orgasms but I overlooked it when I refactored the trait reveals several weeks ago to fix misleading pop-ups for the assistant. Should be fixed now.

Tattoo store's tool tips get missalign once you have everything. The menu moves down (gets smaller) but tooltips stay in old locations.
Thanks for the report. Should be fixed now.

Comment:
Feels a bit weak that the [Cheap nutrient packs] and [Fiend juice] cost similar when one is massproduced goods and the other is difficult to obtain produce. Even more so since they got almost identical effects which you can easily fix(tatoo) to make fiend juice a strictly better food.
The cost for the slave was 1/3 of the cost for prisoner and cow. I've made them all consistent (cost for slave increased).

Last edited:

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Are there any really severe bugs left or is it almost ready for release with or without the music fixes on the roadmap? I really appreciate how hard everyone's been working on this game.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
No progress on the music bugs. We've still been finding issues daily, although I wouldn't classify most of them as severe. I'm in the middle of a "playthrough to patrician" at the moment to see if I come across any problems along the way.

Jan 13, 2018
No progress on the music bugs. We've still been finding issues daily, although I wouldn't classify most of them as severe. I'm in the middle of a "playthrough to patrician" at the moment to see if I come across any problems along the way.
If I downloaded the current 2.2 prerelease, how much would my experience differ from the 2.2 finalized version? And would the saves be compatible?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes