StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
I'm Johny. Even after spending nearly all the money I have on gear I can only sometimes beat the shitty unarmed slaves. I don't even get halfway through fighting the wardress at the next level. But I can't train any slaves because they always refuse to do anything unless I harshly punish them, but when I do that they fight back and kick the crap out of me. I can't even save scum to win any battle but the unarmed slaves.

So after a bunch of save scumming I managed to narrowly beat a Wardress and.... got the same message about not gaining any strength...
Just some tips if you're still having issues winning fights early on with Johny:
  • Johny starts with f- in combat, this means that losing fights against the unarmed slave battle will give you some gain towards d- combat.
  • If you want to get past the unarmed slave fight without letting yourself get pummeled to combat: d- then getting a whip/ackton combo will usually allow you to consistently win although this is a 90 spark investment.
  • Remember to plan attacks based on what your enemy is blocking with to allow for maximum damage.
  • Getting battle cry as your first move makes the wardress fight rather easy since she only deals purple damage and battlecry gives you a buff to red attacks, deals decent purple damage, and gives a moral boost.
  • If you are staying in the slums to manage spark cost, keep in mind that you will not be able to maintain strength above weak without either winning a fight daily to bring strength up or eating at the virgin's hip.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Just some tips if you're still having issues winning fights early on with Johny:
  • Johny starts with f- in combat, this means that losing fights against the unarmed slave battle will give you some gain towards d- combat.
  • If you want to get past the unarmed slave fight without letting yourself get pummeled to combat: d- then getting a whip/ackton combo will usually allow you to consistently win although this is a 90 spark investment.
  • Remember to plan attacks based on what your enemy is blocking with to allow for maximum damage.
  • Getting battle cry as your first move makes the wardress fight rather easy since she only deals purple damage and battlecry gives you a buff to red attacks, deals decent purple damage, and gives a moral boost.
  • If you are staying in the slums to manage spark cost, keep in mind that you will not be able to maintain strength above weak without either winning a fight daily to bring strength up or eating at the virgin's hip.
A whip in the hands of an unskilled user is a weak weapon. The benefit of choosing it over other weapons is that you can use it to subdue slave rebellions without damaging them. The lash and the cattle prod are the same in that way. If you don't mind killing your sparring opponents, a Stiletto does more damage in weak hands. Even without an Aketon, learning Battle Cry (10 sparks vs. 40 sparks) and using it in the first round gives enough morale to avoid being one-shot in the easiest sparring matches. There are other ways to gain strength besides eating out and sparring, as hinted in the strength help text on the master's screen.

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
A whip in the hands of an unskilled user is a weak weapon
True, but I believe that it's still better then fists. And as you stated, it gives you a decent option when dealing with rebellious slaves and can be a life saver if they do rebel when you aren't expecting it.

Even without an Aketon, learning Battle Cry (10 sparks vs. 40 sparks) and using it in the first round gives enough morale to avoid being one-shot in the easiest sparring matches
Buying the Aketon is under the assumption that you are not going to level to d- by getting pummeling and therefore can't get battle cry yet.

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
Also, do you gain less exp for losing the fight or is it the same either way? Cause that could change me from the aketon/whip camp

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The media-ia and ia-media-patch branches on gitgud have been updated with pet play images relocated, so if you are using 2.2 pre-release / master-ia / master-ia-patch and update the game base, pet lesson images will be missing until you get the updated media too. If you don't care about the missing images, you do not need to update the media.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The media-ia and ia-media-patch branches on gitgud have been updated with pet play images relocated, so if you are using 2.2 pre-release / master-ia / master-ia-patch and update the game base, pet lesson images will be missing until you get the updated media too. If you don't care about the missing images, you do not need to update the media.
About that, there's been a slight mistake, a picture got renamed and shouldn't have.

The media branches shouldn't be downloaded until a few hours, the time Imperator connects again and confirms that this is okay.

As a precision, the links for the alpha version in the OP are always ultra the last version, it's a direct link to the last current version of the Git branch. Therefore, even if the date is late in the OP, the link would be the last, and thus if Imperator says in a post that a bug has been fixed, it will be fixed if you download it from the first post. (y)

Rupert_

Jun 30, 2018
A different question, should my slaver note that he lives in a decrepit shack everyday in his diary, even though he rents a house in the Bull Quarter with comfortable living standard?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
This issue has existed for a while. I am not sure what causes it. when they reach arena grand champion it seems like some gladiatrix contests just give a blank enemy, and there's no way to get out of it. I can in the same day if I have enough fame just use a different contestant and fight, like I can use a arena champion and fight against a group/champion/fiend. This issue existed on 2.1 though

View attachment 928870
Which contest type did you choose? If it happens consistently for you, a save would be very helpful so I can quickly track down the issue.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
A different question, should my slaver note that he lives in a decrepit shack everyday in his diary, even though he rents a house in the Bull Quarter with comfortable living standard?
The "shack" part is a bit misleading, but he's complaining that his standard of living is inadequate to his preferences, which rise with his reputation.

tenstrike

Aug 24, 2018
What determines whether you can rape the slave you find after fighting an enemy while patrolling the fogs? The option to rape her appeared the first few times but now it doesn't show up anymore. I guess it doesn't really affect the game but I'm wondering if this is a bug or intended.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
What determines whether you can rape the slave you find after fighting an enemy while patrolling the fogs? The option to rape her appeared the first few times but now it doesn't show up anymore. I guess it doesn't really affect the game but I'm wondering if this is a bug or intended.
Erectile dysfunction.

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
I've played this game on and off in the past. The active sex scenes always had bits that were always pretty unpredictable and difficult to understand (for me anyway). Is there a guide anywhere to the active sex scenes? I know the wiki has a page on it but that doesn't really explain a lot - and I think that some of it is wrong.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes