qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
but can someone tell me what community development means? Cue me into this games general situation?
Community development refers to the fact that since this game has been "completed" in 2014, community of fans gathered and some users added functionalities. First on the defunct HF community, and since 2019 by "F95 community". Now, Jack-o-nine-tails is still being developed; this game has such a potential that it could go on for 5 or 10 years ^^ As longs as developers and players continue to gather around as a community and don't get bored with the game :)

Reactions: Celerarity

coledrmd

Nov 15, 2018
It would be helpful for there to be an in game explanation of how combat works. Maybe a help page at the colosseum that just explains it or to add a section to the tutorial for it.

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
I actually went to the tutorial a while back looking for anything over combat but yeah, it's pretty much exclusively over slave training. The tutorial itself has always felt kinda like a tech demo to me. The fact that the tutorial is missing many of the mechanics and content or simplifies things that the full game provides always made me feel that it was designed before the game itself was fleshed out.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

coledrmd

Nov 15, 2018
I doesn't explain moral going up by hitting your opponent, the idea of combos isn't explained, the help text isn't color coordinated so it's not instinctive that it's talking about the status effect it'll impose, and how weapons and Armour works. And that's just what I recall noticing when I was learning it. For example the first time I fought I was duel wielding and got confused by the two separate colors for slash.
jack o nine.PNG
Basically the help text helps you with figuring it out through trail and error rather then fully explaining it. I personally liked discovering how it worked but some prefer or straight up need an idiot's guide to this type of stuff.
Also the airow mentioned in the posts above.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I doesn't explain moral going up by hitting your opponent, the idea of combos isn't explained, the help text isn't color coordinated so it's not instinctive that it's talking about the status effect it'll impose, and how weapons and Armour works. And that's just what I recall noticing when I was learning it. For example the first time I fought I was duel wielding and got confused by the two separate colors for slash.
View attachment 925114
Basically the help text helps you with figuring it out through trail and error rather then fully explaining it. I personally liked discovering how it worked but some prefer or straight up need an idiot's guide to this type of stuff.
Also the airow mentioned in the posts above.
1606878521876.png
1606878541901.png

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I completely agree with him tho, he might have not seen these pop-ups, but even with those it's not even close to being a satisfying explanation to how the fighting system works. Most players will die, savescum, or need to read from the wiki.

But anything related to fighting must be thought through more in details. And we said to ourselves that the fighting system was a task for v2.3 or v2.4. So I'm afraid even giving it some thoughts would make us get carried away.

So the wiki will still be necessary. But does anyone play gasha games on their phones? They make millions and yet a lot of them necessitate their own wikia. For that reason, let's not get anxious about fighting tutorials and extensive yet simple explanations; it's good that the wiki is still relevant and will encourage some community tips, gathering and findings (and probably some users will be prone to share their OP strategies and exploits there so we'll be able to nerf them but shhhhhhh :Kappa:).

Anyway, there's room for improvement for a lot of areas in the game, we cannot cram everything into one version, but we'll eventually implement that, either by updating the tutorial to contain fighting and didactic explanations about it, or by remaking the fighting system all together.

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
also, not sure if this is a bug or not cause I've just gotten used to it but Isabella's portrait remains as her slave appearance regardless of what appearance you have picked for her.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes