Halleck

Feb 19, 2018
I don't understand the Concubine contract requirments, can somebody help me. In the objectives for this type contract requirmants are: ...slave's master sex skills (penetration, orgy, oral, petting, and roleplay)... In the "Tip on specializations" requirments are: Petting, Oral, Penetration, Roleplay, Demonstration. And in objectives in "Specialization Requirments" requirments are: Petting, Penetration, Oral Pleasure, Group Sex, and Demonstration. Which is correct? And what is this "roleplay" anyway(is it a pet training or???)?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I don't understand the Concubine contract requirments, can somebody help me. In the objectives for this type contract requirmants are: ...slave's master sex skills (penetration, orgy, oral, petting, and roleplay)... In the "Tip on specializations" requirments are: Petting, Oral, Penetration, Roleplay, Demonstration. And in objectives in "Specialization Requirments" requirments are: Petting, Penetration, Oral Pleasure, Group Sex, and Demonstration. Which is correct? And what is this "roleplay" anyway(is it a pet training or???)?
Are you using version 2.2?

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
as i remeber it right, you need in the 5 "bold ones from your post" at b+

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I remember playing this back in the day, hardest start, no problem. Now, I can't even get past the Easy tutorial, ran outta money before I could get anything more than a D- overall. I tried the Normal tutorial after I failed that, and couldn't even teach anything because slave kept refusing, eventually fainted and died. I guess I'm a total noob now. Any guides/advice around that are v2.2 friendly?
Read from here down: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-4769397

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Petting, Oral, Penetration, Group Sex and Demonstration are required. Roleplay is the same as Demonstration.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Linux-users can try and test this latest build out. (I'm not a developer, just a random dude who doesn't like Wine and decided to compile the FastQSP mod for Linux and fix a number of things). I've managed to fix all audio issues and the JSONs and STYLESHEET being forgotten on all page loads. I've also managed to intercept file-system accesses and escape URI/URLs. You can run it from console/shell/terminal to watch debug information (mild, a lot of debug information isn't being shown, only what I was needing and felt relevant). I'd recommend using ciopfs unless/until the game developer(s) unify and access all files and folders through lowercase URI/URLs. For now, it prints out URI/URLs that fail to be found so that the developers can update them, or you can manually copy them (avoid symlinks).

*Edit* See my post at the bottom of the page for a newer version.

Last edited:

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
It's so annoying when you buy a new slave, she secretly has the Guilty Complex alongside with low Temperance, Nature and Pride. She just disobeys once and gets a 5 in Guilty and if I were to punish her accordingly, her mind becomes broken. If I don't then she'd just run away. Can't even get her to do Gymnastics.

Is there a way to avoid the pit traps?

Is there a use for mind broken slaves beside for meat? Not so keen on killing them.

Can their minds be restored if I raised their Temperance, Nature back to safe levels?

And what's the deal with the requirements of the Real Estate office? I had a C- Slave with B+ in Secretary and Eloquence but they wouldn't take her.

Reactions: Jamsalad

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
It's so annoying when you buy a new slave, she secretly has the Guilty Complex alongside with low Temperance, Nature and Pride. She just disobeys once and gets a 5 in Guilty and if I were to punish her accordingly, her mind becomes broken. If I don't then she'd just run away. Can't even get her to do Gymnastics.

Is there a way to avoid the pit traps?

Is there a use for mind broken slaves beside for meat? Not so keen on killing them.

Can their minds be restored if I raised their Temperance, Nature back to safe levels?

And what's the deal with the requirements of the Real Estate office? I had a C- Slave with B+ in Secretary and Eloquence but they wouldn't take her.
There are lots of ways to deal with guilt. Use one that doesn’t result in mindbreak. Hint: not rape. A guilt complex is usually a benefit - you can quickly raise their fear.

What pit traps?

Mindbroken slaves can be trained (slowly) - they won’t refuse anything.

Yes, sanity can be restored by raising their nature (temperament will be stuck at F- until their nature recovers to B+).

Did the slave have any wounds or was exhausted (red energy stars) or recovering from surgery?

Last edited:

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
There are lots of ways to deal with guilt. Use one that doesn’t result in mindbreak. Hint: not rape. A guilt complex is usually a benefit - you can quickly raise their fear.

What pit traps?

Mindbroken slaves can be trained (slowly) - they won’t refuse anything.

Yes, sanity can be restored by raising their nature (temperament will be stuck at F- until their nature recovers to B+).

Did the slave have any wounds or was exhausted (red energy stars) or recovering from surgery?
Newly bought from the Slave Market. Just branded her, brought her home, explain her situation and order her to do Gymnastics. She refused and then it's revealed that she has Guilty Complex. Dealt the (Shame) punishment she think she deserve, Mind broken next day.

Ok so maybe I will try a different approach, load the save and didn't ask her to do anything. She ran away.

What are some reliable ways to raise her nature?
And what punishments that aren't physical that won't break her? I figured that the Scolding punishments will break her as well.

I like the idea of my Slaver not giving up on a mind broken slave and raise her to be capable and slowly mend her mind and win her heart back.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Newly bought from the Slave Market. Just branded her, brought her home, explain her situation and order her to do Gymnastics. She refused and then it's revealed that she has Guilty Complex. Dealt the (Shame) punishment she think she deserve, Mind broken next day.

Ok so maybe I will try a different approach, load the save and didn't ask her to do anything. She ran away.

What are some reliable ways to raise her nature?
And what punishments that aren't physical that won't break her? I figured that the Scolding punishments will break her as well.

I like the idea of my Slaver not giving up on a mind broken slave and raise her to be capable and slowly mend her mind and win her heart back.
Any punishment category other than shaming will not break her. The top tier of shaming punishments are public use - rape. Rape lowers personality stats so you need to be mindful of her sanity level.

Slave running away - raise her mood and/or put a collar on her and make sure she is branded so she can be brought back to you.

Click the nature stat on the slave's stats screen for some hints.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
The game just got updated so obviously the wiki would be out of date (assuming it was even up to date in the first place), but most things in the game that the wiki says to raise temperament doesnt work (tried everything but fights and racing so maybe those may work but fuck me if those are the only ways now)
Many things raise temperament, but if the slave isn't motivated and able to express herself then you'll miss a lot of them. It sounds like your slaves are very depressed.

after one oral rape as punishment since I had done literally every other punishment type available to me that day it dropped 2 whole ranks the next morning
Temperament shouldn't drop two levels overnight. At most it should drop by -5 with maxed depression. Rape can lower temperament directly if depression is already maxed, but not by multiple levels at once. So, your account doesn't quite add up.

Then with Nature I'm losing more than -5 a day due to depression since they must be repeatedly punished and end the day depressed because every single last slave I've bought while trying out the new update for more than 4 hours, without fail, will never do anything until they reach the point of (or were bought with) "Sanity" and by that point its a downward spiral since event wins are the only thing that work for Temperament or doing the same with Nature since they never do well enough to warrant the Hot Spring or higher rewards so they would get spoiled instead so even if Nature DID go up high enough to start regaining sanity it would just go back to them not listening because spoiled and continue the cycle indefinitely.
There is no "must be punished" - the slave feels guilty, how you deal with that is up to you. The tutorial points out that you may sometimes find it useful to leave guilt unpunished, particularly when a slave is very depressed. Why does the slave feel guilty? Did they refuse your order or did they not perform the task to your (or their) standard? If the problem is motivation rather than obedience, punishing them is a slow route to raising motivation, compared to raising their mood, giving them task-appropriate uniform to wear, or giving them a more motivational teacher (assuming your slaver isn't S+ in teaching or is in a bad mood).

Also, consider: is it better to have a mindbroken slave or a spoiled one?

I hadn't played for years but it seems like the game is only meant to be played in a single way now and its just not a way that I can find or would probably even want to be restricted to if its this far out of the way. During these tests I went to easy and put all of the players skills at max, buy them uncomfortable and comfy clothes, try with and without strict rules, try to spoil and to not, a house in the slums and a patrician in the lap of luxury, and explain their positions every single day for up to 3 days and every single time its the same. Whether theyre prideful or timid, temperamental or not, stupid or not it just doesnt matter."-your words have fell on fertile ground." My fucking ass, I've yet to get a single slave to answer a single question without requiring punishment afterwards much less do any sort of training before becoming mind broken. Am I missing a giant neon sign somewhere?
With maxed slaver skills, on normal difficulty, you can get most slaves to be obedient enough for lessons in some subjects (which ones depend on the slave's stats) on the first day. Explain position and find a reason to punish a couple of times. Don't punish above the level of guilt unless you're trying to raise the slave's despair. Hover your mouse over the small arrow on the punishment buttons to see the level/tier of the punishment.

Be careful with top-tier shaming punishments.

Of course, after I rant, the first slave I get actually answered a question without needing to be tortured into answering how they felt. But I saved thisone from the Fog instead of yet again trying the market to test so maybe that has something to do with it, idk.
Doesn't matter where the slave comes from.

Is there any way to permanently increase libido? Mine dropped to impotent and now I can't train in sex skills.
The spa offers an erotic massage...

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
The bug relating to music being muted is because of the lost handle to FastQSP's jack backend. When you change location (“aka menu”) in the game, you're telling that backend to change because you have also run into the '$toplay loop' I mention below when changing locations. Because loading doesn't run that loop, you get no command to tell FastQSP to update the audio to play. You *must* recompile FastQSP to fix this bug by stopping all audio on any game-change/load. No way around that. This applies to any area of the game that plays music. The game can be loaded, but it doesn't automatically fetch a handle to the current media object. FastQSP must be extended to provide a reference so that *on load* it can give the game a variable specifying it was just loaded and the game loop needs to be updated to then parse that variable and then simply set $toplay to the appropriate value and start playing.

The bug relating to music during a race is because you have two code-blocks that don't compensate for one another, and I don't believe the one block is even needed.
Looked into this a bit. I don't have access to the operative engine (player) source code - Lokplart has been maintaining it in a private repository. Therefore, I can't see how this is being handled on the back end.

While you are right that the ride interface screen does not make use of the $toplay variable in overriding the $music_now variable, $toplay and $music_now are only checked in two locations - the race interface screen and the combat interface screen.

There is no "$toplay loop" in a general sense.

Music in every other location is handled differently, e.g. play $main_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop' or play $city_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop'.

The fact that the ride interface screen doesn't use $toplay is an inconsistency but functionally arrives at the same result.

There is a feature in the engine that allows a special location ($ongload) to be triggered whenever a game is loaded. I've tried various things there to try to get the engine to restart music (close all, play a sound file, go to a different location) ... none worked.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Looked into this a bit. I don't have access to the operative engine (player) source code - Lokplart has been maintaining it in a private repository. Therefore, I can't see how this is being handled on the back end.

While you are right that the ride interface screen does not make use of the $toplay variable in overriding the $music_now variable, $toplay and $music_now are only checked in two locations - the race interface screen and the combat interface screen.

There is no "$toplay loop" in a general sense.

Music in every other location is handled differently, e.g. play $main_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop' or play $city_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop'.

The fact that the ride interface screen doesn't use $toplay is an inconsistency but functionally arrives at the same result.

There is a feature in the engine that allows a special location ($ongload) to be triggered whenever a game is loaded. I've tried various things there to try to get the engine to restart music (close all, play a sound file, go to a different location) ... none worked.
I have it all working with my Linux build (I fixed all of that). It needed a recompile too. Nothing you could have done without src. I have everything working. Yes, there is a $toplay logical loop which is what I was talking about. If you implement the changes I said and if you fix your backend you can fix your Windows audio issues with racing/etc like I did for the Linux build. I had to change quite a bit of logic.Perhaps Lokplart could let me know what they have done to his src, and maybe I can prep mine and tar it for him, though I'm wondering if they even dev in *nix.

The attached final build for Linux users (I can TRY sometime to compile for Windows, but I don't like cross-compilation...)

Notes: Audio works always everywhere (JONT has always had crackling issues for some people due to bad backend, but I have not experienced this). Mute and unmute work (and resume sounds). File-system case-sensitivity has been eliminated, I built a caching (hash) path-reducing map routine for accesses. So far, all results hit. See previous posts on this thread by me for a complete list of fixes. Remember to install your Qt libs.

*Edit* See post at here for latest info.

Last edited:
Reactions: StillSlyMarbo

Serpicco

Oct 7, 2019
Perhaps I'm rather ignorant, but when you manage to make the game borderline unplayable so you end up frustrated 99% of the time, it might not be the best rework in existance. I've had fun with previous versions, but this makes me want to gauge my eyes out.

Reactions: passing_through
Jun 2, 2017
Temperament shouldn't drop two levels overnight. At most it should drop by -5 with maxed depression. Rape can lower temperament directly if depression is already maxed, but not by multiple levels at once. So, your account doesn't quite add up.
A little while after I had posted I tried a fresh download more than a few things were fixed. I was getting errors or outright crashes which I'd never gotten before when I'd played the game a few years ago so I thought that maybe I, or the update, was missing some image packages that were coming soon but things are definitely less wonky in terms of things like this that were happening.

That said I also kind of just stopped playing the next day. Its easy to tell that a lot of thought went into this new update and its nice to see the numerous attempts at teaching people that are mentioning their problems the new obedience and guilt curve, but after figuring it out Im just not a fan of it. Training is just too linear now and its more of a regimented job than anything else. I feel like during meetings when the creators/updaters were working on the game no one brought up the fact that it really shouldnt be this hard to get someone to sweep your floor.

For example an earlier response told me that I should ask a female friend how theyd react in this situation to justify the new difficulty but I feel like no one also told them during development that theres also the context of being set for sale with literal vampires that wish to drain them and dump their corpse, beastmen that simply want to eat them alive and say as much during the auction, or butchers that want to chop them up for meat before their very eyes and they narrowly missed certain death from the luck of the player being there at the right time. Its not like they were taken from Ireland to Brazil so they just need to get to a police station or embassy to be free and in game this is apparently understood when your words "fell on fertile ground" yet even then they would apparently choose 100% certain death over house chores after understanding their situation. Its silly.

theorigin

Nov 10, 2017
Is there a trick to fulfilling contracts? I have a d- witch doctor contract with a c+ slave with S+ witch doctor skill and I'm still getting denied.

Edit: I just figured it out, if you go to objectives it'll detail what you're missing.

Reactions: linda95

Witchpact

May 5, 2017
I'm confused about a few things too.

First, How long does it take to have the traces of beatings go away? It's annoying to have these last for 30+ days, especially in the beginning where I can't successfully punish slaves without beating the shit out of them. Plus the fact that heavy make up doesn't at least drop them by a few levels. Is there some way to at least have makeup cover regular bruising, but not the more extreme traces?

Second and along with the first point, if I have the leather shackles on my slaves, how can they resist to the point I have to beat them unconscious? I would think that buying the shackles should remove that option to have to fight my slave, especially with something as simple as spanking or flogging.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes