ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Really nice game! Had a couple of fun hours over the last few days with it. Johny is challenging to begin with, but a few trips to the coliseum and spamming D-rank guild missions did the trick.

Did I miss something? Got the patrician title from the pope, my "sister" showed up and finished the special missions including the post-game one with felicity. Anything special that happens when you max out guild rank? Ignored it half into the game and focused on my brand (bitch to rank up from A to S).

There were no game-breaking bugs as far as I can tell, but I would like to see a bigger variation of images - and more custom slaves/NPCs with a story like Julia and Isabella, because training gets stale really fast and you just click through it most of the time. Maybe a female rival you can enslave after beating her down the line in some contest?

The only problem I see now is that I'm not going to play it again for a while, shouldn't have started out with Johny, now the other ones aren't a challenge. :D

View attachment 1003177
View attachment 1003176
Were you playing hardcore difficulty? For variety you can try Uncle Tom - he has some unique and challenging features. You can also try a custom start with 200 sparks and no points spent (zero to hero).

Reactions: n1veau

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I have a question. In the end of the game I have earned a legendary reputation, thus my character demands a decent house and extravagant living condition, which is really costly.
My weekly bill is about 1000 sparks, while training an A+ slave contract costs me 25-35 days, the earning $3500 can hardly cover the costs. Now I earn much less than when I was at B+ reputation level.
Can someone please teach me how to reduce the cost while will not decrease the mood? What determines the "other expense" and "discount" in my weekly bill? I'll be grateful.
Other expense is mostly your standard of living. Discount depends on the intellect and secretary skill (and secretary trait) of your assistant and/or slave if assigned to do the accounting.

Supplementing income with the arena race and battles (at legendary reputation, you can have 5 slaves compete each decade) can offset the cost of living expenses. A productive cow in the barn can net you a couple of hundred sparks each decade. You can also hunt in the Fogs and sell the girls you rescue.

Reactions: haozhaoxv

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Second and along with the first point, if I have the leather shackles on my slaves, how can they resist to the point I have to beat them unconscious? I would think that buying the shackles should remove that option to have to fight my slave, especially with something as simple as spanking or flogging.
The shackles aren’t actually restraints, just leather wraps with rings on them. You can put the slave in the dungeon (with chains) to prevent her from fighting or escaping, but there you can’t interact with her much.

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
You can also hunt in the Fogs and sell the girls you rescue.
im still on custom johny without anything, but i must say: this is absolute .....^^
girls you get there, you can sell for like 15-20 spark, with badass luck some more ;o - i get more when i go to the butcher, instead of the salve market...
and then i need to go to the med and must pay ~25+ coz injuries.. - fog is nearly useless, you can make spark only with contract (may later some other place, im not so far now)^^

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
im still on custom johny without anything, but i must say: this is absolute .....^^
girls you get there, you can sell for like 15-20 spark, with badass luck some more ;o - i get more when i go to the butcher, instead of the salve market...
and then i need to got to the med and must pay ~25+ coz inujries.. - fog is nearly useless, you can make spark only with contract (may later some other place, im not so far now)^^
You can self-treat injuries with healing balm, or just allow them to heal naturally if they aren’t too severe. High skill nurse assistant and your own medic skill can help. You can hunt every day (even multiple times a day), compared to arena events which are once per decade.

Reactions: hideouz

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
You can self-treat injuries with healing balm, or just allow them to heal naturally if they aren’t too severe. High skill nurse assistant and your own medic skill can help. You can hunt every day (even multiple times a day), compared to arena events which are once per decade.
ok, these potions, but im still in the fog-hut^^
think, tomorrow i go to a better place, cash begin to flow ;]

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
the new obedience and guilt curve, but after figuring it out Im just not a fan of it. Training is just too linear now and its more of a regimented job than anything else. I feel like during meetings when the creators/updaters were working on the game no one brought up the fact that it really shouldnt be this hard to get someone to sweep your floor.

For example an earlier response told me that I should ask a female friend how theyd react in this situation to justify the new difficulty but I feel like no one also told them during development that theres also the context of being set for sale with literal vampires that wish to drain them and dump their corpse, beastmen that simply want to eat them alive and say as much during the auction, or butchers that want to chop them up for meat before their very eyes and they narrowly missed certain death from the luck of the player being there at the right time. Its not like they were taken from Ireland to Brazil so they just need to get to a police station or embassy to be free and in game this is apparently understood when your words "fell on fertile ground" yet even then they would apparently choose 100% certain death over house chores after understanding their situation. Its silly.
Hardcore difficulty makes even low stat slaves fairly resistant, but on normal and easy difficulty you can usually get slaves to obey some things on the first day. That’s not much of a curve — more like a tiny step function. It’s hard to see how we could make that any easier without removing the concept of obedience thresholds entirely.

I’m not seeing what people who have been having trouble are actually doing to have such difficulty. My guess is that they are confusing lack of diligence/motivation with lack of obedience. A slave who is being abused and feels hopeless is going to perform poorly even if they try to do what they are told. And if the slaver’s response to their poor performance is more beatings, small wonder if they give up and become broken. You have a lot of tools and options, and your job in this game is to use them appropriately. Seeing guilt 5 doesn’t mean you need to beat your slave. It means you have the option to do that. You need to look at the situation and decide what is the right way to handle it. The tutorial says this quite clearly.

If you want more challenge, race the clock. How quickly can you complete guild contracts? See what happens if you don’t save-scum and take whatever the game gives you.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
thehospital Replying to your review:

Finally, if I were to give advice to modders / developers, I'd ask for a content selection mod - scat, watersports, gaping, bestiality, cannibalism etc not only all feature in this game, they are often unavoidable in the course of training. For me these are huge turn-offs and I'd love it if we could control the content to avoid these things.

Second, some more "unique" slaves would be nice - kind of like girl packs used in Brothel King, or the named slaves in Strive4Power, or the majority of the slaves in SlaveMaker3. Let people make post custom-made characters, with images, unique dialog, maybe give them quests and stuff.

Lastly, I wish there were more ways to have sex with slaves outside of Active Sex and the three generic "relaxed" and "rape" options (vaginal, anal, and blowjob). I'd love a "relaxed titfuck", a "relaxed doggystyle", "relaxed bondage fuck" etc.
Other than fisting, which is required for concubine specialization, training fetish and xenophily sex skills is completely optional until S+ rank. While you do need to train at least one S+ slave to become a patrician, you can disable images with the nsfw toggle in the options and spam the spacebar to skip through the lesson texts that squick you, if you want. I doubt we will ever remove those aspects. That’s part of the horror element of the game. The Eternal Rome is not a nice place. To achieve “success” requires moral compromise. Of course nothing “forces” you to complete those quests.

Adding more content is always a great idea. Someone needs to actually do the work of finding suitable images, designing the content, writing the content, and then implementing it. 2.2 was focused mostly on polishing what was already there. The roadmap has several ideas for significant expansion of content.

Speaking of things that were already there, the top-tier erotic reward can trigger a variety of other sex scenes depending on the skills and traits of the slave.

Halleck

Feb 19, 2018
There is no “arena champion” trophy. There are trophies for winning each of the unique battle types available to arena champions.
Yes, I have a slave with the Arena Champion trait(who won each of the unique battle types) but this trophy does not appear in the Trophy Room as in older versions of the game(if I remember correct).

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I have a slave with the Arena Champion trait(who won each of the unique battle types) but this trophy does not appear in the Trophy Room as in older versions of the game(if I remember correct).
When you say unique battle types — arena fiend, house champions, Vatican champion, etc?

Halleck

Feb 19, 2018
I’m asking which “unique” battles you won, specifically, that didn’t give you trophies. I listed some examples of unique battles.
In the Gladiatrix Contest my slave won each of the battles there(Net and Trident, Armor and Whipsaw, Dual Wield, Weapon and Shield, Heavy Weapons) and after the "LI-BE-RO" thing my slave come back to me and she got the Arena Champion trait. In the older versions of the game I remember this trophy appears in the Trophy Room(like the Race Champion when winning the Chariot Races a few times) but in the 2.2 version the Race Champion is there(in the Trophy Room) but the Arena Champion is not.

Last edited:

haozhaoxv

Apr 12, 2019
Other expense is mostly your standard of living. Discount depends on the intellect and secretary skill (and secretary trait) of your assistant and/or slave if assigned to do the accounting.

Supplementing income with the arena race and battles (at legendary reputation, you can have 5 slaves compete each decade) can offset the cost of living expenses. A productive cow in the barn can net you a couple of hundred sparks each decade. You can also hunt in the Fogs and sell the girls you rescue.
This is a lot help. Thank you dude!

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
I really feel like combat should be reworked. Combat in the fogs is never viable, even with a "strong" character. The only enemy you can ever actually win against is the group of cannibals, and even that is only sometimes. The weapons don't specify how strong they are or what damage type they have, and you do too little damage with most of your hits only doing 1 or at most 10. Choosing which defensive stance to use is just up to random chance since the enemies don't telegraph what type of attack they'll do. Plus the fact that every loss regardless of the type results in death just encourages save-scumming; It'd be better if it only happened sometimes or against certain enemies. Like if you lose vitality you return injured, if you lose stamina you return exhausted, or if you lose morale you return with a horrible lasting mood. Not saying it's the new developers fault; combat was always busted, but I hope it's made to be more enjoyable or fair.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
In the Gladiatrix Contest my slave won each of the battles there(Net and Trident, Armor and Whipsaw, Dual Wield, Weapon and Shield, Heavy Weapons) and after "LI-BE-RO" thing my slave come back to me and she got the Arena Champion trait. In the older versions of the game I remember this trophy appears in the Trophy Room(like the Race Champion when winning the Chariot Races a few times) but in the 2.2 version the Race Champion is there(in the Trophy Room) but the Arena Champion is not.
There is no trophy for achieving the rank of arena champion (LI-BE-RO). You need to continue sending an arena champion slave to the arena in subsequent decades to get trophies.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I really feel like combat should be reworked. Combat in the fogs is never viable, even with a "strong" character. The only enemy you can ever actually win against is the group of cannibals, and even that is only sometimes. The weapons don't specify how strong they are or what damage type they have, and you do too little damage with most of your hits only doing 1 or at most 10.
Some argued that end-game, the fights were all a joke and that the armor you get for the post-patrician quest is useless because you don't need it by the time you get it. So I don't know.

The weapons... don't they have descriptions before you buy them? The price range also helps.

Choosing which defensive stance to use is just up to random chance since the enemies don't telegraph what type of attack they'll do.
You chose the stances depending on which multiplier you want to avoid, depending on your status. And then indeed it's a janken type of situation.

I agree it'd be fun to do something interesting defensively, but we're limited by the engine. For exemple, we can't make a mini-game type of thing where you have to click in the right timing to parry a hit. So what are we left with really? How can we make defense strategic? I'm open to ideas (y)

Plus the fact that every loss regardless of the type results in death just encourages save-scumming; It'd be better if it only happened sometimes or against certain enemies. Like if you lose vitality you return injured, if you lose stamina you return exhausted, or if you lose morale you return with a horrible lasting mood. Not saying it's the new developers fault; combat was always busted, but I hope it's made to be more enjoyable or fair.
While I do agree that it encourages save-scumming... even a 10% death risk encourages save-scumming. The fact that a game-over awaits you gives strength to the feeling of dangerosity of the monster and therefore serves emotionnaly for when the player explain her situation to a slave by saying dangerous monsters worse than you awaits outside; it's true.

If it just induces a penalty, people will savescum to avoid the penalty. The fog is life and death situation, if the player doesn't want to die, he has the arena fights.

But nonetheless, we planned to remake it all one day. I had the idea that the slave should fight alongside with you, and if she was still alive, she'd auto-fight; if she wins, she can either leave you for dead or bring you home to nurse you, or to the serpentine hospital if you have enough money on you.

Reactions: RustDust
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes