• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Been trying this game and quite enjoying it! I have a question about items, when asking a slave what she wanted she replied:

"Can I get a night eye mask? Light from the street keeps me awake."

I looked everywhere and cannot find such item, where is it?
There is none. However, this is hinting that she prefers darkness. Certain punishments involving darkness will be less effective on her.

Reactions: LewdGanglia
Jun 2, 2017
And thank you as well for the responses to this point, and maybe I was just hit with the worst rng that I could have had in my first day playing it. But that being said with all my previous tests I was at max with the trainer as well as aura strengthening and unless I really abused threaten and encourage to get over the guilt and fear hurdles I just really couldnt achieve anything of note, and I just didnt feel like choosing those options until obedience grew high enough to then start playing in a way that I felt was more appropriate.

I did read your entire post though so dont take my brevity for dismissal Im just trying to not type another page long response so we continue this loop in perpetuity. Seriously, its nice to have seen attempts from the dev team to really teach others how to play the game instead of just word shivs and combative backs and forths. I hope I didnt come off as some self-entitled ass this whole time who expects you guys to change things either, my original post was mainly venting hours of wasted time and asking if I was missing something so I never intended for it to go on this long lol.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
And thank you as well for the responses to this point, and maybe I was just hit with the worst rng that I could have had in my first day playing it. But that being said with all my previous tests I was at max with the trainer as well as aura strengthening and unless I really abused threaten and encourage to get over the guilt and fear hurdles I just really couldnt achieve anything of note, and I just didnt feel like choosing those options until obedience grew high enough to then start playing in a way that I felt was more appropriate.

I did read your entire post though so dont take my brevity for dismissal Im just trying to not type another page long response so we continue this loop in perpetuity. Seriously, its nice to have seen attempts from the dev team to really teach others how to play the game instead of just word shivs and combative backs and forths. I hope I didnt come off as some self-entitled ass this whole time who expects you guys to change things either, my original post was mainly venting hours of wasted time and asking if I was missing something so I never intended for it to go on this long lol.
Well, I tried doing what you described and I didn’t see the issue, so if you want to help us understand then maybe you can do what I did and show us some screenshots and describe exactly what you are doing. Unless you think that what I just showed above is demonstrating a balance problem, in which case please explain what you think should be changed in that scenario.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Can someone tell me where to look for those new magic items? like that sword and armor? I'm relying on capturing slaves via combat but damn I suck and I mean I have the plate, a flamberge, some techniques learned from Lanista and still have to savescum a lot...

Also please consider what I wrote a few pages back, add mechanics to allow slaves to grow nature/empathy/temperament in a more steady way over time once they settle and start gaining devotion as it should show they're more stable in their daily lives and not being tortured on a daily basis or being showed at auctions.
That way you encourage players to keep slaves low in those stats because you have the potential to make them grow and maybe in like 60-80 days you can raise an S+ slave.
As things stand now I'm weeding through slaves that aren't high in those stats because they're almost impossible to raise.

Also some way to brew better potions? I just noticed the elixir I use from time to time when I'm low on energy lowers the strength stat on my slaves so I'm assuming they do on me too... and I trained my assistant to be an S+ alchemist which should show to some degree in potions being better :/

Overall the game has greatly improved so thanks guys and I hope you keep working on it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Can someone tell me where to look for those new magic items? like that sword and armor? I'm relying on capturing slaves via combat but damn I suck and I mean I have the plate, a flamberge, some techniques learned from Lanista and still have to savescum a lot...
What sword and armor? Aside from the armory, the only source of weapons and armor is to collect all the Fog trophies and complete the post-patrician quest.

Also please consider what I wrote a few pages back, add mechanics to allow slaves to grow nature/empathy/temperament in a more steady way over time once they settle and start gaining devotion as it should show they're more stable in their daily lives and not being tortured on a daily basis or being showed at auctions.
That way you encourage players to keep slaves low in those stats because you have the potential to make them grow and maybe in like 60-80 days you can raise an S+ slave.
As things stand now I'm weeding through slaves that aren't high in those stats because they're almost impossible to raise.
I answered your previous post about this. So did TheKingCobra

Also some way to brew better potions? I just noticed the elixir I use from time to time when I'm low on energy lowers the strength stat on my slaves so I'm assuming they do on me too... and I trained my assistant to be an S+ alchemist which should show to some degree in potions being better :/

Overall the game has greatly improved so thanks guys and I hope you keep working on it.
It’s a balance factor. Stimulant drugs have a downside. If you do not overindulge, you will be okay in the long run. Elixirs are safer than raw drugs. Mystra says this in-game.

Last edited:

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
What sword and armor? Aside from the armory, the only source of weapons and armor is to collect all the Fog trophies and complete the post-patrician quest.

I answered your previous post about this. So did TheKingCobra

It’s a balance factor. Stimulant drugs have a downside. If you do not overindulge, you will be okay in the long run. Elixirs are safer than raw drugs. Mystra explains all of this in-game.
Damn I was under the impression someone on the dev team told me they added new items that could be achieved in a similar manner as those unique other items? maybe I assumed those were magical but I kinda remember one of you guys telling me there was at least a new weapon.

I mean I'm A+ Strength and Combat skill, wearing a plate armor+aketon and using the flamberge and I still spawn with 35 HP (the red color) and Jesus Christ I get mowed almost instantly all the time... I need some übermagical items to survive.

Anyway, thanks guys for your hard work I know all we do is ask for stuff.

Also someone please let me know what's the maximum breast size attainable? I'm aiming to get a MILF cow in the barn and I need it to be efficient! :D

Jun 2, 2017
-in which case please explain what you think should be changed in that scenario.
Bro pls let this end I tried to cut the chord amicably lol. Look, I understand that you guys may be trying to genuinely see what the problem may be here for some people (namely myself I guess) but if you look back on my previous posts I think Ive laid out that as far as my main problem has been its that its simply too difficult to do basic chores. Now maybe you meant cooking chores in your previous post instead of actual training, but regardless its just....silly how it took you 2 days of encouragement, punishment, humiliation, and displaying of torture devices to make a single meal as they refuse to do something that they even benefit from (as in cooking chores or even personal lessons for cooking as this lets them eat if you give them fresh food for example). Also, with that number of attempts, failures, and punishments I can only assume you had a pretty strong trainer to allow for such continuous actions unless you went into the red before sleeping so if you were one level lower you may have not even gotten to try a third time as the attempt and punishment would likely make you end the day tired and begin to lose strength the next day and may have taken 3 days instead of the 2 in this example which only makes it worse. Perhaps the braindead baby difficulty of older versions didnt see this "problem" because the nature of such an easy game let it never be seen or at least for not as long, but even in our classical roman time period that this game takes its city's name from it didnt take that long to get people to obey and do basic things. I dont think any of my posts have said that they should willingly agree to training of sexual or professional natures within day 1 or 2, if anything I think I've ever only stated the opposite, Ive only ever taken issue with basic noninvasive tasks that the slaves themselves should receive benefit in completing being met with unreasonable and visibly inaccurate behavior. Even outside of historical rome if you look at most other countries throughout history that werent nearly as hedonistic and violent as seen in New Rome it just wasnt that hard to do convince or force some of the things available here to others. Sure slave riots and wars did happen but rome wasnt always in a constant state of slave rebellion from the atlantic to the black sea because people are actually shockingly docile to a degree and typically not suicidal, and slaves certainly werent committing suicide by the droves within a week of enslavement because they werent getting a back pat and nice words put into their ear before they could see the benefit in making a sandwich for themselves and their captors. And refusal to play along the fear or guilts standards now likely ends in a waste of time as the slaves then become mind broken or kill themselves.

Thats all that my problem has been since the first post, any other issues I may have mentioned or taken issue with are secondary and would likely be nonexistent if the former wasnt a problem. I can only speculate as to the thought processes that have gone likely into the hundreds of hours of work if not more at this point in this game. Maybe its so that simple chores cant be abused in order to make quickly obedient slaves. Maybe it would take an unreasonable amount of time to make exceptions or special conditions for the non training orders. Maybe it was never noticed or even seen as a problem. I dont know but even with all this said I dont expect things to change to fit my playstyle. My perceived problem has really only been that the world is populated by suicidal creatures that masquerade as human slaves, and that this makes a secondary problem of a strengthened guilt and fear stat annoying to work around that can then treat the game as a simple balance of numbers as you look at the culmination of either and select the +1 or -1 option to get the desired result which can take the player out of immersion and back into reading stats on a monitor for efficient end product to in-game money conversion. As I said before I think its just a difference of opinion in either gameplay philosophy or human nature thats led to my own problem with the game as it is now and thats fine. Im not asking for you guys to work for my amusement or anything.

If that helps you guys with anything now or in the future then great and if not then still thanks for listening to the perceived issues of a single player of who know how many thousands.

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudfw

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Hey is there anything I can do with other fiends I grew to Leviathan? this is my 2nd and I have quite enough mucus but I don't see a way to sell this one anywhere and all I can think of is letting it die unfed.

n1veau

May 5, 2018
Damn I was under the impression someone on the dev team told me they added new items that could be achieved in a similar manner as those unique other items? maybe I assumed those were magical but I kinda remember one of you guys telling me there was at least a new weapon.

I mean I'm A+ Strength and Combat skill, wearing a plate armor+aketon and using the flamberge and I still spawn with 35 HP (the red color) and Jesus Christ I get mowed almost instantly all the time... I need some übermagical items to survive.
To be honest, the combat isn't THAT difficult with potions/abilities - you just have to watch out what the enemy is doing and react. My go-to weapon was the flamberg, too. Just get dashing blow, war cry, and roundhouse kick (should be the names, not 100% sure atm). Dashing blow reduces the enemies' defense to red damage, war cry doubles your red damage, and roundhouse kick does red damage, that combo oneshots nearly every enemy in the game. For the strongest ones just stall until they defend (red) for another x2 damage, killing them too.

On the topic of difficulty in slave training, I don't mind it too much. The beginning is truly hard (on hardcore and Johny), but if you read carefully (traits, slave state of mind) and act accordingly, you can do the d rank missions for the guild with only verbal punishment and minimal capital.

Mid-end game is even easier, with a A rank brand reputation the guild auction pays 6000-8000 sparks for a well dressed, moderately trained slave (B- to B+), just put her in a gown and use the salon to get her to style A+, after that point money stops being a problem and you can concentrate on the S+ slaves (not for selling, isn't worth it, just for the quests/the pope/assistant).

Only thing I can think of that made my playthrough way easier: buy your house out as soon as possible, not having to pay rent gives you much-needed breathing room mid-game.

n1veau

May 5, 2018
Hey is there anything I can do with other fiends I grew to Leviathan? this is my 2nd and I have quite enough mucus but I don't see a way to sell this one anywhere and all I can think of is letting it die unfed.
I don't think you can do anything with them except milking after resolving the special mission. You don't have to let them die - they die after some time even if you milk them after reaching Leviathan (getting too old or something).

Just use the mucus as cheap slave food, but don't forget to get the tattoo. And of course love potions, they make slave training so much easier. :p

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Bro pls I tried to cut the chord amicably lol. Look, I understand that you guys may be trying to genuinely see what the problem may be here for some people (namely myself I guess) but if you look back on my previous posts I think Ive laid out that as far as my main problem has been its that its simply too difficult to do basic chores. Now maybe you meant cooking chores in your previous post instead of actual training, but regardless its just....silly how it took you 2 days of encouragement, punishment, humiliation, and displaying of torture devices to make a single meal
The slave I used in my example was particularly resistant. She had maxed nature (willpower), above-average intelligence, above-average temperament (emotionality) and above-average pride (reluctance to do menial or demeaning or dirty or humiliating or sexual things). Considering those factors, needing five punishments spread across two days (not particularly severe punishments either) to be willing to obey an order to perform a menial task doesn't seem silly to me.

as they refuse to do something that they even benefit from (as in cooking chores or even personal lessons for cooking as this lets them eat if you give them fresh food for example).
They don't eat the food they prepare unless you allow them to eat your leftovers. Slave food, even fresh food, is separate from the master's meals. Fresh food for a slave is still pet food.

Also, with that number of attempts, failures, and punishments I can only assume you had a pretty strong trainer to allow for such continuous actions unless you went into the red before sleeping so if you were one level lower you may have not even gotten to try a third time as the attempt and punishment would likely make you end the day tired and begin to lose strength the next day and may have taken 3 days instead of the 2 in this example which only makes it worse.
As you said that you tried this with maxed slaver, I also used a maxed slaver. There are other strategies for slavers who are less capable, including using drugs, sending the slave to school, hiring tutors and having an assistant train the slave for you.

Perhaps the braindead baby difficulty of older versions didnt see this "problem" because the nature of such an easy game let it never be seen or at least for not as long, but even in our classical roman time period that this game takes its city's name from it didnt take that long to get people to obey and do basic things. I dont think any of my posts have said that they should willingly agree to training of sexual or professional natures within day 1 or 2, if anything I think I've ever only stated the opposite, Ive only ever taken issue with basic noninvasive tasks that the slaves themselves should receive benefit in completing being met with unreasonable and visibly inaccurate behavior. Even outside of historical rome if you look at most other countries throughout history that werent nearly as hedonistic and violent as seen in New Rome it just wasnt that hard to do convince or force some of the things available here to others. Sure slave riots and wars did happen but rome wasnt always in a constant state of slave rebellion from the atlantic to the black sea because people are actually shockingly docile to a degree and typically not suicidal, and slaves certainly werent committing suicide by the droves within a week of enslavement because they werent getting a back pat and nice words put into their ear before they could see the benefit in making a sandwich for themselves and their captors.

Thats all that my problem has been since the first post, any other issues I may have mentioned or taken issue with are secondary and would likely be nonexistent of the former wasnt a problem. I can only speculate as to the thought processes that have gone likely into the hundreds of hours of work if not more at this point in this game. Maybe its so that simple chores cant be abused in order to make quickly obedient slaves. Maybe it would take an unreasonable amount of time to make exceptions or special conditions for the non training orders. Maybe it was never noticed or even seen as a problem. I dont know but even with all this said I dont expect things to change to fit my playstyle. My perceived problem has really only been that the world is populated by suicidal creatures that masquerade as human slaves, and that this makes a secondary problem of a strengthened guilt and fear stat annoying to work around that can then treat the game as a simple balance of numbers as you look at the culmination of either and select the +1 or -1 option to get the desired result which can take the player out of immersion and back into reading stats on a monitor for efficient end product to in-game money conversion. As I said before I think its just a difference of opinion in either gameplay philosophy or human nature thats led to my own problem with the game as it is now and thats fine. Im not asking for you guys to work for my amusement or anything.

If that helps you guys with anything now or in the future then great and if not then still thanks for listening to the perceived issues of a single player of who know how many thousands.
Please be specific. Which “noninvasive tasks” should be more easily accepted? Cooking should be easier than what I’ve shown, even taking into account the factors I outlined above? House cleaning? Would you have them be accepted after a single punishment? No punishment at all?

As for suicidal creatures masquerading as human slaves, I guess you’re saying that your slaves (try to?) commit suicide more often than you think they should. Specific examples would help here too. Maybe you also think that slaves shouldn’t become depressed as easily or as quickly; that depends in part on their empathy stat. High empathy slaves are quicker to despair. (Originally the Empathy stat was labeled Sensitivity, which is a more accurate label for how it is treated in gameplay terms.)

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
This doesn’t ring a bell.

Your vitality in combat depends on your strength. You can get to S+ strength by sparring at the colosseum. The chimaera gem also boosts it.

Also someone please let me know what's the maximum breast size attainable? I'm aiming to get a MILF cow in the barn and I need it to be efficient! :D
Depends on her starting size and her age.

Reactions: Storm4n
Jun 2, 2017
Please be specific. Which “noninvasive tasks” should be more easily accepted? Cooking should be easier than what I’ve shown, even taking into account the factors I outlined above? House cleaning? Would you have them be accepted after a single punishment? No punishment at all?

As for suicidal creatures masquerading as human slaves, I guess you’re saying that your slaves (try to?) commit suicide more often than you think they should. Specific examples would help here too. Maybe you also think that slaves shouldn’t become depressed as easily or as quickly; that depends in part on their empathy stat. High empathy slaves are quicker to despair. (Originally the Empathy stat was labeled Sensitivity, which is a more accurate label for how it is treated in gameplay terms.)
I did read the entire post Im just trying to not bulk page after page with my responses.

Fair enough on the cooking = food point, I likely read this text years ago and never read it again forgetting what fresh food actually meant or never actually reading it before half the game was translated from Russian and misremembered. That said yes I still think that the cooking chore, not training, would likely be a noninvasive task as its simply a demand to cook anything and not a side-by-side training lesson with a domineering trainer potentially criticizing your every move. House cleaning though should be something that they see direct benefit from though as they complain about the state of the house if its bad enough yet still refuse to clean at their own benefit of no longer stepping on legos on the floor anymore. I can see that lowering these things could lead to abuse as these simpler actions could be spammed and rewarded for quicker obedience and all that though as people used to do this with gymnastics for easy rewards as well as physical training. And I too think its fair for that particular slave to take 2 days, but the problem I find is that its every slave that does that if you dont choose encourage or threaten as you go down the predispositioned fear or guilt routes that you now seem locked to in every new slaves early training.

As far as the other options for lesser trainers go I actually have a question on that. In my previous posts I mentioned that in my training tests with a max trainer the slave would refuse to do training but would willingly complete school and tutor sessions with positive results. As the wikis out of date and likely doesnt say anything on this anyway do you know if theres differing levels or stats used for determining personal, school, and tutor training acceptance? I just thought it was weird that my max level trainer couldnt make a slave do anything but theyd complete a school lesson normally. For context it would be on day 1 after explaining their position and immediately trying to see if a max slaver could do anything on either the most hostile or docile slaves without having done anything else (not including mind broken of course).

And for the last part with the unseen slave suicide pack yeah I do think its far too strong. I hate to go into another essay on it but since you asked for specific examples Ill try to do so. As I listed my usual day 1 prep before that was apparently "reasonable" to yourself and I also tended to play as a trainer that is the opposite of what the usual citizen the slaves had likely experienced to that point because im a noble bright idealistic child and we're all gonna make it fam. At first just verbal reprimands, then moving up to physical or mental punishments if by day 2 that wasnt enough depending on any traits or current level of pride but almost never to 4+ even if it called for it. Rules were usually very light with almost always only choosing no masturbation or orgasms allowed then adding the house chores the moment they had enough hearts to complete them in a day without going into the red and they showed willingness to complete said basic tasks. Then going with set as alarm was the max number of rules I would ever set. Diet amount would be influenced solely on their current weight but usually went fresh the moment they agreed to do a simple chore with leftovers being after they would complete training of anything up to C level. Encourage was never used as there was never a real need to as slaves used to tend towards reluctant obedience relatively quickly and I had never used threaten as I never felt it necessary with the other punishment (also because noble bright), and more importantly I think neither may have never been used since I dont think they were even options in the version I played. I honestly dont remember using them but I used to play this game so much I still remember the usual regimen to a fault and I know for a fact I never used them. Then sleeping arrangements would be the floor on day 1 moving onto a bedroll the moment they completed a basic task then onto a bed if training results were vastly positive for a few days. Rewards would mainly be the level displayed by the success level but nearly daily Id give a hot spring visit even if the result may have been 2 or even 1 because...noble bright and everythings going to be okay. And lastly clothes as stated before would be bought strictly for the job that I had preplanned for them but could always change if traits or questioning them for their personal preference showed otherwise and give the comfy ones only as gifts so I wouldnt buy myself out of a potential future reward option.

Obviously that simply cannot be done now as they get spoiled incredibly fast. Never before using this relatively "good" or "nice" trainer approach did spoiling ever give me any real problems, sure it was noticeable speedbump when asking to do some of the more obedient heavy tasks after awhile but could be modestly punished as it took weeks for them to forget the punishments they had previously received when asked on their thoughts of the trainer. Now its simply not attainable. So instead scrap literally everything that I just wrote because attempting the above makes them disobey (implying that even a fraction ever got to that point in the first place, I seriously think it was just 1 or 2 of the slaves I tested actually got to the point of willingly doing training for more than a few days until becoming mind broken, spoiled, or suicidal due to...) forcing a fear or guilt route in their training to fix the problem and make them obey again but then we're simply back to the restriction of fear and guilt. This then leads to a willingness on my part to futilely fight the game into not doing the remedies presented to alleviate these problems (like spamming encourage) as it now seems like a tacked on solution to a problem that doesnt need to exist in the first place because people arent this rebellious to sweeping a floor in reality and dont kill themselves after the above training regiment which is, in some ways, an even easier life than those experienced in classical rome and the streets werent always filled to the ankle with slave blood to combat the oppressive Gordon Ramsay overlords that demanded them to cook food. But does happen now because a week of guilt. And yes I also did try the set them straight option that becomes available when they are becoming spoiled now but it also comes off as another slap of tape over the problem as you must do it every day when a real person wouldnt forget the things that took to get them where they were a few days before hand. Pain hurts and since I didnt come across a single masochist trait slave in my tests most people dont forget the type given here within a week.

As I am now after discovering the importance of the fear and guilt features I could make an obedient slave after
qwertyu12359 illuminated their importance to me, but I just dont enjoy the road that led to them becoming one. Because its no longer noble bright in my house in a city filled with suffering and grim dark and we do not in fact all make it anymore fam. And so we're just circling back on differences of opinion on difficulties and human nature. And thats okay, I had fun with the game in the past and hope you guys keep it alive and enjoy yourselves while doing it.

Last edited:

YuRui

May 22, 2018
I never managed to solve my audio problems despite reinstalling all my drivers, installing all windows redistributables, not using my bluetooth headset and trying low volume speakers, changing file directory, changing region settings, and even using compatibility mode, I'm starting to think that this game just hates me or it hates Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2.

Welp, that said It's still a fun game, it has definitely changed from the last time I played it, the game is so difficult now, does anyone have any tips on how to start now? I used to just spam situations and do gymnastics but the slaves won't budge anymore, rofl.

• Sad
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Is it just me, or is there no end game benefit to having an egglayer in this build? My S+ cook doesn't seem to use them to create meals, and as far as I can tell, there's nowhere to sell them... so am I missing a use for them?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is it just me, or is there no end game benefit to having an egglayer in this build? My S+ cook doesn't seem to use them to create meals, and as far as I can tell, there's nowhere to sell them... so am I missing a use for them?
They put eggs in your fridge and excess are sold automatically for a few sparks.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Wait it's been so long since I last played, was it possible to make a cow also lay eggs with the oviparity and vice versa and have both slaves give eggs and milk or you can't?

Like in Freecities when you have a Dairy farm filled with futas, they produce both.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes