tcallas

Nov 6, 2017
Congratulations for your mod! I placed it in the OP so people can try for themselves if they want to

I haven't tried, but from why I read and understood, you disliked how "not dark" the gameplay expected you to behave towards your slave. You're more "punishments only" than "punishment and reward".

Feel free to correct me and the short description of your mod I gave in the OP.

Also I wanted to say that we made sure fear based obedience would work for any action you ask your slave to do, including the most vile. So the vanilla gameplay isn't so far off what you propose with your mod, at least in principle (y)
Punishment only will only work for selling low-tier low sensitivity slaves. I tried to make it so you need to balance punishment and rewards.

I wanted to change the gameplay to put emphasis and increase the difficulty on the part I found fun, I.E. getting your slave to become obedient, and remove the part I found to be just tedious.

The game is perhaps darker but if you want to only use some verbal punishments to get fear to 3 or 4 you can still do it like that. Then build up other aura stats and you will be fine. That wasn't really the intention. At the start, a low-skill trainer is probably better at using brute force methods to sell low-quality slaves but it won't work for B+ and above slaves.

The big change is the core gameplay mechanics. The goal in training is to get to full obedience without draining the aura stats of your slave, making her less valuable. I tried to balance the game around this mechanic. It's not a perfect ATM as I didn't spend too much time on it yet. The most important stat is now the sensitivity and how it interacts with despair.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Hey, it seems that it worked out for you, could you or anyone else that happens to read this give me the full stats you need her to have? Like an exact guide to what she needs to have in all skills. The Wiki is utter shit in that regard and it seems that I did everything right
The wiki is outdated. The game itself has all the info you need. Read the mission details in your diary, under objectives.

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Hi, developers! Do you think about extend barn mechanics? More automated actions like cow milkings and milk selling (when you have farmhander) will be pretty good. And propably you can extend places for a pigs or egglayers - it can make this mechanics more interesting

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Developers, I had tried different versions of Jack and I think your version is better then others! Clear HQ arts of slaves, balanced training mechanics and best barn mechanics overhaul. What do you think about that:
1) add more business elements in game, like renting slaves to bordel?
2) add more slots for slaves (for maid, alchemist, etc), when you got HQ home in white town, for example?
3) add new locations?
4) add new global events?
5) some bonus for being Patrician?
6) some quest, for example, to open smugglers?
7) add some storyline?

Last edited:

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
I also think it would be interesting to expand the boundaries of the fogs. For example, add different levels of distance from the city, on which the difficulty of opponents and the quality of rewards (slaves) depends. And it might be interesting to add a few side quests related to the exploration of territories with unique rewards like slaves, items, potions and sparks

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Can you tell me which IDE/engine I can use for developing my own mod? Its interesting and I have some programming skills. I want to try create some modification based on you version of game

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
The original post on this thread has our current roadmap and links to the Git repository with the game source code. The game is implemented in QSP. There is an included compiler script (batch file), which makes it easy to recompile the game after making changes to code.

Valth

Jul 11, 2017
Any newer guides for Johny? The old guide doesn't work anymore since they made the game significantly harder by having Isabella not have any starting equipment. Plus, training at Coliseum seems to be significantly harder since after 15 days of sparring, my strength never once went up.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Any newer guides for Johny? The old guide doesn't work anymore since they made the game significantly harder by having Isabella not have any starting equipment. Plus, training at Coliseum seems to be significantly harder since after 15 days of sparring, my strength never once went up.
There are guides for 2.2 in the bottom of the wiki's main page, I think it can help.

Also, be sure to spare against non-trivial enemies in the coliseum. You get a different message at the end of the fight if it was useless in order to build strength.

okuru1

Jun 4, 2021
Hi, Developers! I got a new ideas for this game.

Main idea is getting enough money for rent payment in late game (barn + smithy + rent a slave in a brothel). And add more quests.

We can add Smithy as a rentable element for your house, like a barn. It can produce some money, when slave working there. And we can add a bother. Bother can be like the Cryostage, but it can produce some money too. Also, I had found some interiors for it and attached them in an archive.

Add a quest for craft some artifact, that can allow us going in Fogs and come back, like a compass and it will get us more space for some story line or another interesting items or unique slaves.

And I had tried to build some modifications, but structure of game's code is too complicated and tangled. Anyway I will tried it again

Last edited:
Reactions: 2002sexyboy
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes