ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I've been doing some more play-testing of hard difficulty starts, taking whatever is the first slave offered by the guild. Consequently, master-ia & master-ia-patch branches have been updated with some fixes and experimental tweaks, mostly affecting mood. Among the fixes, there were several places where the master's allure stat was supposed to be taken into account that weren't due to a typo. I'll post a more detailed change log when the dust settles after some play-testing, so for now this is just to let you know that if you are using the latest version of my dev branches, some things will play out differently.

Some other notable changes:

- The first time a slave competes as a gladiatrix in the arena is no longer a guaranteed victory; the opponents are still weak, but they won't die in a single hit, so you might want to (need to?) train your slave to at least D- gladiatrix skill before her first battle
- Winning non-champion arena battles will no longer raise brand reputation above C- [Recognised] (previously, it could raise it to B+ [Celebrity])
- Despair increases slower when forced rules are applied
- Pessimistic slaves don't try to kill the slaver overnight (need a worse mood than that, plus some despair, among other factors)
- Sun dress and slippers no longer stack with each other for mood bonus, and neither boosts mood above Calm [wedding dress still gives a mood boost for slaves with some devotion]
- Leather gloves have a unique purpose now, they are the only glove that helps with alchemy lessons; they remain an inferior glove for gladiatrix training
- Athletic leotard is now better than chainmail bikini for gymnastics and athletics lessons
- Collar effects adjusted: 3$ leather collar no longer lowers mood or pride (still raises taming); steel collar lowers mood and pride less; spiked collar no longer lowers mood; pet collar is now better than spiked collar for pet training
- Leather shackles [hand or foot slot] have a new purpose, they now help with sex training (also boost mood for slaves with love helplessness trait)
- Crown of thorns is slightly less effective in raising taming
- Pet suit has a larger negative mood impact when worn (if forcing pet rule, you might want to take it off the slave every morning)
- Warm plaid (9$ gift) no longer gives an extra half star of energy to slaves who slept in a bedroll or rested during the day, that effect has moved to the 15$ plush toy; the plaid retains its benefit of helping a slave recover from despair a bit faster
- Asking the slave what she thinks about you is slightly more useful while the slave is still F- rated
- Asking the slave what she wants to do is slightly easier (slightly lower level of obedience needed, depending on pride)
- Encourage and Explain won't raise master personality stat above A+ (note, they aren't guaranteed to raise it at all, only if they are used effectively)

Last edited:

yasyasyosino

Apr 15, 2021
Upload your save if you want us to give it a try.

Forgot that I posted a question... Here is the zip file!
As soon as I posted this, I mauled the maneater.

I also had some questions. I reached patrician status and the game ended (continued for post-patrician state) yet I am still unable to buy any property or attempt the felicity quest. Is there an updated guide that I could read?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Forgot that I posted a question... Here is the zip file! As soon as I posted this, I mauled the maneater.

I also had some questions. I reached patrician status and the game ended (continued for post-patrician state) yet I am still unable to buy any property or attempt the felicity quest. Is there an updated guide that I could read?
Buying property has a bug in 2.2. If you get one of the "dev" branches (work in progress towards 2.2.1), it's fixed. Or you can give a slave to the Pope to unlock property purchases.

Felicity quest prerequisites are at least 15000 sparks, B+ brand and guild reputation, and patrician status.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Change her from assistant to slave, then try to sell her
Good guess, but the rules shown are slave rules, not assistant rules. Assistant in this case refers to the specialization wanted by the real estate office. You can see from the screenshot that the slave qualifies for the assistant specialization (B+ secretary, B+ elocution, not less than the slave's rank C-).

callikro

Mar 29, 2021
hmm i went through the lectures they talking about raising taming, awarness habit but nothing specific about devotion. still not sure about if it's affected by those 3 stats or other things

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes