Rhastor

Feb 3, 2018
Is there still a version of this game without AI-generated "art"? I would particularly like to get my hands on the version 1.7.3 or 1.7.5 before the graphics overhaul. (Though I realize it's not allowed to be posted here.) But I would additionally be interested in the latest community release before AI-generated images were included.

Also, out of curiosity, what specifically has been cut from the game? Was it just loli, or was it all the murder and cannibalism too?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there still a version of this game without AI-generated "art"?
That would be v2.2.3 in the OP ^^ It was released before any of us heard of Stable Diffusion.

The plan is to integrate IA art for next version, which is not yet released.

I would particularly like to get my hands on the version 1.7.3 or 1.7.5 before the graphics overhaul. (Though I realize it's not allowed to be posted here.)
A bit of history because v1.7.5 wasn't before the graphic overhaul... it was the graphic overhaul:

v1.7.3 HF is mostly the original art used back in original v1.21
v1.7.5 HF was a graphics overhaul (added/replaced a lot of normal and sex scenes)
v2.0 was, first of all, the merge of the best from both previous versions, with a graphic overhaul on top of it (replacing censored pics, removing 3D CGI sex scenes, changing city backgrounds)

It's indeed not allowed here unfortunately. But you should be able to find it with Google, somewhere in the game wiki, or maybe a torrent tracker. (y)

Also, out of curiosity, what specifically has been cut from the game? Was it just loli, or was it all the murder and cannibalism too?
Just lolz were cut. Murder and cannibalism are present in both patched and unpatched versions indiscriminately.

Reactions: Rhastor

Rhastor

Feb 3, 2018
That would be v2.2.3 in the OP ^^ It was released before any of us heard of Stable Diffusion.

The plan is to integrate IA art for next version, which is not yet released.

A bit of history because v1.7.5 wasn't before the graphic overhaul... it was the graphic overhaul:

v1.7.3 HF is mostly the original art used back in original v1.21
v1.7.5 HF was a graphics overhaul (added/replaced a lot of normal and sex scenes)
v2.0 was, first of all, the merge of the best from both previous versions, with a graphic overhaul on top of it (replacing censored pics, removing 3D CGI sex scenes, changing city backgrounds)

It's indeed not allowed here unfortunately. But you should be able to find it with Google, somewhere in the game wiki, or maybe a torrent tracker. (y)

Just lolz were cut. Murder and cannibalism are present in both patched and unpatched versions indiscriminately.
Oh, cool! I will take a look at the current version then (which I guess will be the final version for me.)

And keep hunting for 1.7.3 HF. Sadly it's incredibly hard to find. The torrents all seem dead.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Is 1.7.3 HF that hard to find? I remember it being a major release. Wasn't that the one that introduced the Felicity quest? I didn't notice it on the wiki, but I assumed that was due to the patch art.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Races: Any advice?

I'm trying my first race. I'm not trying to win -- just get experience with a race. Nothing I do seems to matter, my pony dies in the string trap every time.

I don't think my stats are particularly bad, I probably just don't know what I'm doing.

I built a relatively light chariot (weight 7).

My young (no lolis in the game) pony has S+ temperament, A+ Endurance, 2 stars of taming (it's her first race, she's owned less than a decade), trained to B+ Pony level (my max based on whip skill -- it takes forever to improve). No known traits. She's wearing 4 pieces of pony gear.

My maximum maneuverability seems to be 5; at least manage reins never gives more. If I enter the trap with a 5, she dies.

What sort of maneuverability am I looking for to handle string traps? Is there an approach I'm missing?

Is racing just a seriously bad bet for me unless and until I find a slave with appropriate traits?

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022

I'm trying my first race. I'm not trying to win -- just get experience with a race. Nothing I do seems to matter, my pony dies in the string trap every time.

I don't think my stats are particularly bad, I probably just don't know what I'm doing.

My young (no lolis in the game) pony has S+ temperament, A+ Endurance, 2 stars of taming (it's her first race, she's owned less than a decade), trained to B+ Pony level (my max based on whip skill -- it takes forever to improve). No known traits. She's wearing 4 pieces of pony gear.

My maximum maneuverability seems to be 5; at least manage reins never gives more. If I enter the trap with a 5, she dies.

What sort of maneuverability am I looking for to handle string traps? Is there an approach I'm missing?

Is racing just a seriously bad bet for me unless and until I find a slave with appropriate traits?
Racing in this game is proper hard, even with maxed out stats its not easy to win a race.

I think statswise your slave is good, but definitely you need S+ pony and full pony gear.

Only on dragon teeth and bladestrings you need to hold the reins, at least in my experience. Ive never gone past those alive without holding reins. Still need to rely on luck and rng, because sometimes you can just win simply because the line is straight so you can just speed upwards without problems.

Of course, alternatively you get really really lucky and all your opponents can crash and you just win by holding the reins throughout the race. Its possible, but obviously thats an unrealiable strat :)

Reactions: sillyrobot

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020

The layout and difficulty of each segment of the race is randomized every decade. Maneuverability can increase more if you repeatedly slow down. Managing the reins or accelerating will override any accumulated maneuverability. So, for less trained pony girls, going slow can sometimes allow for you to finish the race, even if you don't win. Also, armoring the chariot in certain ways can sometimes allow you to pass a difficult segment with a loss of speed instead of failing the race. You almost never need to fully armor the chariot (which slows it down the most). Example: reinforce the sides and you may be able to pass one curve faster, sacrificing the reinforcement in the process. Your score in the race reflects your average speed, and armor slows you down, so it's usually (but not always) best to sacrifice any reinforcements early so you have higher speed for the rest of the race. Some races can be won without any chariot reinforcement, as a light chariot can accelerate fastest and is most maneuverable, which makes up for having to take some segments slower.

Save scum algorithm:

Accelerate until you get an outcome you don't like, then try maneuver instead for that segment, and if it doesn't work, try draw reins. If still failed, try sacrificial armor for the chariot for that segment (if applicable). Alternatively, you need to be slower or more maneuverable coming into the segment, so use maneuver or draw reins on the segment(s) leading up to it (one or more) until you can pass the segment that failed. Once past, repeat algorithm for remaining segments. Note that intentionally accelerating over spikes (instead of maneuvering to avoid them) can sometimes lead to a higher score.

Reactions: sillyrobot

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I wonder if anyone has older copies of the game backed up. It would be a waste to see it gone forever.
Let that be a reminder that anything, no matter how popular or "classic", can become lost media at one point.

All Anonfile links were dead all of a sudden... tomorrow the hgame wiki can disappear, or F95Zone admins could panic delete hardcore content, same for Gitgud.

Ingvar77

May 1, 2021
We aim for a v2.2.4 release (or rather 2.3) before the end of 2023. (y)

Edit: to temper expectations... by "we aim", I really mean "I predict". Based on what's left to do on the roadmap and if the roadmap gets completed at the rate it's been going on since v2.2.3.
Any update on 2.2.4/2.3 ETA?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Any update on 2.2.4/2.3 ETA?
It's 90% done basically. The only things left are to implement content already done, and fix some bugs here and there.

... However the progress these past 3 months have been around 5%. Main dev' is still busy with real life constraints.

But we don't give up! Next version with the new charm refusal quotes and updated tutorial slaves looks exciting :)

Besides, bews overhaul of every slave might be around the corner too and that could be the start of a new "era" for the game, so that's a cool prospect too.

Thanks for your patience :)

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
It's 90% done basically. The only things left are to implement content already done, and fix some bugs here and there.

... However the progress these past 3 months have been around 5%. Main dev' is still busy with real life constraints.

But we don't give up! Next version with the new charm refusal quotes and updated tutorial slaves looks exciting :)

Besides, bews overhaul of every slave might be around the corner too and that could be the start of a new "era" for the game, so that's a cool prospect too.

Thanks for your patience :)
Are you guys working in tandem with bews over the AI generated artwork? Or is this two separate things to look forward to in the update?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Are you guys working in tandem with bews over the AI generated artwork? Or is this two separate things to look forward to in the update?
Both and neither :Kappa:

For working together, we gave feedbacks, had debates and did "best of" selections. Recently these tasks have mostly been delegated to other users.

It's a separate thing as in it will most certainly be released as a mod in the beginning. Then as soon as it's available, we'll do our best and quickest to implement it in the stable version. (y)

Demonofthedeep

Dec 30, 2023
Hello there:) Is there a way to still get the complete edition? I kinda wanna see for myself if I like the cut content or not. Also, I've seen mention of spider and tentacle scenes on the wiki, but can't find it in the game version that is available here? Something about a "jack HF" edition?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hello there:) Is there a way to still get the complete edition? I kinda wanna see for myself if I like the cut content or not. Also, I've seen mention of spider and tentacle scenes on the wiki, but can't find it in the game version that is available here? Something about a "jack HF" edition?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Sea tentacles and spider stuff require a dungeon.

Check the OP under "Patches"

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Ah, found the patch ^^ Thank you. Dungeon requires living in an apartment anywhere except the slums, right? Something about renting additional rooms?
Yeah. You need to get an apartment then you can rent the extra rooms like dungeon and laboratory.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes