• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Misty Warlord

Dec 9, 2022
It's not my first time asking this, but which Chinese forum are discussing about this game? I would like to join that community.
cangku.moe
my id "迷雾战神"
I made the AI character map package of this game in this forum, with a total of thousands of pieces, as well as background pictures and some NPC image updates. It is too difficult for me to do it alone. Now I have reached 80% of the progress in the Chinese version of 2.2.4.3, and I will update the Chinese version of 2.2.4.3 in the forum soon

Reactions: Daedrax

Naryelle

Oct 13, 2021
If you meant that you want to know which files you need to edit in order to translate Jack-o-nine-tails yourself, it is "jack.qsp", in the "game" folder.
Hi i've seen this and something poped in my head but i'm a total noob so here's the total noob question :
How do i open this file ?

I've though about trying doing some tests translations myself and propose them if i'm able to not be a total useless translator but it seem i'm to dumb to even reach the text in first place.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi i've seen this and something poped in my head but i'm a total noob so here's the total noob question :
How do i open this file ?

I've though about trying doing some tests translations myself and propose them if i'm able to not be a total useless translator but it seem i'm to dumb to even reach the text in first place.
There's the QGEN program, included in the game files. Execute it, then open jack.qsp with it.

Good luck!

SquareAmlore

Dec 29, 2019
cangku.moe
my id "迷雾战神"
I made the AI character map package of this game in this forum, with a total of thousands of pieces, as well as background pictures and some NPC image updates. It is too difficult for me to do it alone. Now I have reached 80% of the progress in the Chinese version of 2.2.4.3, and I will update the Chinese version of 2.2.4.3 in the forum soon
Sadly it closed new user registration

Mirarara

Nov 4, 2019
cangku.moe
my id "迷雾战神"
Yeah I don't think I can access that forum as the registration is closed.
On the other hand, I didn't realize tieba for jackhf is a thing, but it seems that there isn't much in that place.

Misty Warlord

Dec 9, 2022
“Mirarara,帖子:13173712,成员:1763716” said:
是的,我认为我无法访问该论坛,因为注册已关闭。
另一方面,我没有意识到 jackhf 的 tieba 是一回事,但那个地方似乎没有太多东西。
[/引用]
You know, R18 is illegal in my country, so

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
i just found this game and have to ask is there a place i can find mods for the game?
Yes, in the game itself. :lepew:

Mods have been integrated and polished further with every new version. Be it image packs, cheat modes, or feature mods.

You can see a history of most mods in the game wiki. :coffee:

Reactions: Cat Boy

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
Yes, in the game itself. :lepew:

Mods have been integrated and polished further with every new version. Be it image packs, cheat modes, or feature mods.

You can see a history of most mods in the game wiki. :coffee:
glad to hear that p.s this game reminds me of some old flash game i loved to play a long time ago kind of sad i did not know of this game sooner

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
glad to hear that p.s this game reminds me of some old flash game i loved to play a long time ago kind of sad i did not know of this game sooner
Is it by chance Slave Maker?

I used to play it too, in its first version, something like 10+ years ago.

A true classic, it was my favorite back in the day. The only problem is that once you'd solve the riddle on how to complete slaves, there was no real way for you to progress in the story, as a slaver.

Jack-o-nine-tails solves one frustration by making it centered around your character, with an overarching quest, goals, NPCs and lore. (y)

vahgar59

Mar 20, 2023
Why does the assistant lose the cow skill?
Training your slave in any (or most?) other skills will lower the cow skill. I've seen it explained as : Unlike petplay, being a cow is a way of life. If the slave start painting, playing violin and learning martial arts then she tend to forget what living as a cow is like, because she is doing human activities instead of being in a barn making "moo" noises.

vahgar59

Mar 20, 2023
Well I finally made it after dozens of failed attempts, I sold my first D+ slave on extreme, zero everything, 200 sparks with Johny (2.2.4.3).

Took a contract from the guild for a gladiatrix. She was Callous, Reserved, Dimwitted, Uncertain and Open (quicly became aloof tho).
I used the school uniform instead of the sundress, leather collar, nipple chain and crown of thorns.
First decade was rough because she refused to act as maid daily, it was quite challenging to balance her mood and punishment until she finally accepted to clean.
At this point it was basically a game of "find something she want to do to reward her" (mostly gym, cleaning and a couple school trips).
Around day 20-25 she became rank D- and D+ around day 35-40.
I could have finished the job here but i needed one last arena fight to improve her Temper and Nature to B+ so the contract was finished at day 49.

The reward from the guild was very thin to my taste (250-280) so i decided to give her to Bullhorn in the Outcast instead (he ask for a D+ gladiatrix) for 750 and to my surprise I even managed to bargain, got 800.

Now the next step will be to sell a couple more in the outcasts to improve my relations with them and leave the slums, maybe try to train an egglayer and a farmhand and put them in ice before going there to have them ready in order to reduce the impact of the rent...might not even be worth it without a fiend idk...Anyway, the rent is certainly going to be the next filter.

Btw does purchasing a property still bugged in this version ?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Btw does purchasing a property still bugged in this version ?
Not aware of any bugs.

School lessons cost 2$ to 5$ from F- to C- and won't be refused (though performance might be lacking). F-/D- tutor lessons cost 5$ too.

The guild pays a speed bonus of 10$ per day. So if you can spend less than 10$ per day to save a day of training, it's worth it.

You just need enough reserve to pay the bills until you can complete the contract: budget 20$ to 30$ per decade depending on food costs.

Assume it will take 40 days to reach D- (it shouldn't take that long). That's 4 x 30$ = 120$ (it shouldn't cost that much).

So from 260$ you have a reserve of 120$ and a budget of 140$ for training.

Starting from F- for 2 common skills, a single 2$ school lesson each gets you to D-.

Then suppose it takes 4 school lessons to C- and 8 more to B+. That's 2$ + 4 x 2$ and 8 x 5$ = 52$ per skill.

So you have 36$ for discretionary expenses (clothes, drugs, tutor, spa, etc). If you can complete training in less than 4 decades, or reduce food costs, you can free up more sparks. If you run out, you can take out a loan at the cost of 100$, equivalent to missing out on one decade's bonus.

Example:

I started a new game on Extreme difficulty with 200$ and no points invested. Took first guild contract offered: 60$ prepayment for D- assistant. Slave provided was Mature, Plain, Healthy, Insensitive, Reserved, Intelligent, Willful, Open, Voluptuous. No skills. Gave her school uniform and slippers.

On day 16, with 120$ remaining, she is Slender, B+ Athlete, B+ Secretary and B+ Elocutionist and is willing to do housework. All other skills still F-. Did not go to the arena, so no extra income. Only used verbal punishments (now ineffective due to repetition without follow-through), free time rewards and a couple of spa visits to raise her mood. All lessons from school and tutors. She is still F- until she gains more obedience but there is plenty of time. Master is Frail, has only eaten canned food and drank kamra for extra energy. Now that the slave is acting as maid, the master can regenerate more energy than he spends cooking and cleaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: vahgar59

vahgar59

Mar 20, 2023
Not aware of any bugs.
I should have been more precise about this, I'm not even sure if it's a bug or me not understanding the requirements to buy a property.
From what I understood it's money and reputation with the faction.
In my last normal run I have 30K, C- reputation with Taurus house and can't buy the property, B+ with Corvus house and same the option to "buy current property" is grayed out and the tooltip state that I lack reputation, am I supposed to have A+ or S+ reputation to buy ?
When I saw that B+ didn't work I looked in this thread if anyone had the same issue and found this exchange between you and a player :
If I recall correctly, there is a bug in 2.2 in the conditions for buying a house. If you give a slave to the Pope, it should unlock it. What you've done so far is supposed to be more than enough, if not for the bug.
And this :
Buying property has a bug in 2.2. If you get one of the "dev" branches (work in progress towards 2.2.1), it's fixed. Or you can give a slave to the Pope to unlock property purchases.
And with that I assumed that it was a bug, but in retrospect I realise that it's from 2021 and you said in the last quote that it's fixed so...idk. More reputation ? (A+ S+)

And thanks for all the fish tips in the rest of your post, I actually used mostly your posts in this thread to be successful in this run, I'll add this one to my .txt for future uses.
When I said that the reward from the guild was thin to my taste I hope you didn't understand it as "it's unfair/unbalanced" because I don't think it is.
I finished the contract at day 49 with ~120 sparks remaining, the reward would have pushed me to ~300 which is enough to follow with another contract, if I can do with 200 I can with 300 and following your advices I would obtain the speed bonus on top of it.
I just knew that Bullhorn was looking for the same type of slave and would pay 750 for her so I went with that.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes