ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
At the attempt number 26 (ironman, no savescumming before contract or auction) today little jhony finally move to serpentine.
Congrats. What happened on attempts 1-25? Ran out of sparks? How long? What difficulty level?

The reason is that is funny that Angelika, that in-lore is somehow your ally, give to the newbie a high temperament, high proud, corpulent slave as first contract asking to make a concubine of it.
In JONT any slave can reach S+. If beauty is lacking, fame can substitute. Corpulent means less feeding costs. High temperament is good for sex training, advancing the skills faster. Pride fades as the slave becomes more open to intimacy with the slaver, and can be reduced in many ways.

It’s a matter of time vs budget. If you are given a slave that will take too long to train to satisfy the contract, you can dispose of that slave in another way and acquire a replacement from the market (or the Fogs). The prepayment for a guild contract plus the value of disposing of them if you don’t like the raw material gives you plenty of leeway. You can also spend a short period of the contract with them, use a lot of force to quickly get them to D-, then sell them to the guild subprocessor who doesn’t care about anything except the rating.

Also in late game there could be a way for not having high end contract with impossible slave
As covered above, there’s no impossible, just more or less time and effort.

Another thing I was thinking was how (only for the guild's contract) improve the probability of useful trait for the contract, the reason is that the guild have a pool of slave to choose from so it should be obvlious that it give you the right slave for that job.
You are not obliged to turn in the same slave they give you. A better way to do contracts is to first train a market slave to a specialization, then check the guild for compatible contracts (store current slave temporarily). When you find a good one, turn in the trained slave, pocket the speed bonus, and you have a new slave to train with no time limit.

Generating slaves for contracts with matching traits would imply that someone spent the effort already to assess them and figure out their traits. While some traits are obvious and those are visible right away, others only are found through training. The idea here is the guild just dumps untrained raw material on the slavers and pays them to provide something better in exchange. The payment is less than the slaver would make selling direct, but the slaver gains reputation with the guild which in effect gives access to larger loans (prepayments) for higher tier contracts, as well as other perks like multiple contestants in arena battles.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Just for example for others: (paraphrase) "You can learn all skills, not just four." I'm looking at the thing right now and there's eight skills from the gladiator lady and you can learn four, if you have max 'easy' stats.
I misremembered. You can learn five of the eight. Slaver’s combat skill limits the number of special techniques that can be learned. I thought we increased this to eight but apparently not.

Actually, on the dev version, we do allow learning up to 8 special techniques as I thought:
1708352147916.png

Last edited:

NukesDidAnime

Jan 10, 2020
I found a bug in subroutines/$cow_price, lines 65-69. Mood values between 6-10 don't exist in the code and should be negative values between -1 and -5. Currently cow prices aren't negatively affected by negative moods.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
First thank you for all the note in the code for a newbie like me is like having a map in a foreing city ;)

Congrats. What happened on attempts 1-25? Ran out of sparks? How long? What difficulty level?
Is a diary of a shitty player, but in my defense after a long time without playing, I made a run with Teacher in normal and than I hopped in with Johny normal difficulty with additional autoimposed rule (so I blame only myself for how it went from J1-J25)
Also Johny made it sometimes out of the slum but managed his money badly and didn't survived long
J26 is going up till patrician status

Sorry no days on the following i started to do it later
6 times quitting for messing up the training most of them was a downward spiral of guilt, depression both slave/slaver, punishment and rebelling by memory 1-2 decades
4 by being out of spark at the end of the decade (i managed my sparks really poorly)

The next are not in a timeline but grouped by type:

10 times by Angelika after being beaten by the slave, (2 first, 3 second, 3 third, 2 fourth decade), for pushing too much the slave before having some stat, 8/10 were the first slave)

3 times killed by the moneylender for not honoring my debt (mostly between 7-8 decades ) 2 for gambling money on the import gained from the slave selling, 1 i tried to move immediatly to serpentine and managed in a shitty way the money

1 killed by a monster in the fog (shame on me for going in there with Johny at 56 days with no stat) (this one was a suicide, I was nearly out of money and the slave got a broken mind few days before the planned guild auction)

1 because i'm and idiot and quitted the program without saving after a long fruitful training session and having to restart at Johny Day 1 (yes i know there is an autosave but it is a run with no safety net)

Something I think about Johny is that you must be lucky or really good with your first slave (remember that in this run i could choose from a guild contrat one or from one to maximum three from Farid (being cost wary) or having to wait the next day) if you manage the first than after is all downhill.

A thing about the eating is that maybe the $master_bad_mood[] = 'neg_food' could suggest the fact that you are losing strength I know is hand holding but without the guide is not really clear until it happens (if is hinted somewhere ingame i totally missed).
Or maybe a new pos/neg moodlet when you aquire/lose a level of strenght hinting the need of better food?

An idea for the library terminal in serpentine is to place a recap of the tip that Angelika give you in the tutorial

As i said before

Also in late game there could be a way for not having high end contract with impossible slave (I know there is a way to circumvent this but that 's not the point).
Sorry my miswording; Impossible was intended as really hard and "there is a way" was intended as "there are ways".

And

As before sound illogical that for making a S+ slave the guild give you a plain, stupid and bony slave at the limit of sanity break point (a funny challenge at high level).
I'm not criticizing the difficulty since I'll like the challenge. Was just giving a point of view to go around the problem

A day after i also think that for this idea the patch is worst than the hole (in sartorial meaning)

Generating slaves for contracts with matching traits would imply that someone spent the effort already to assess them and figure out their traits. While some traits are obvious and those are visible right away, others only are found through training. The idea here is the guild just dumps untrained raw material on the slavers and pays them to provide something better in exchange. The payment is less than the slaver would make selling direct, but the slaver gains reputation with the guild which in effect gives access to larger loans (prepayments) for higher tier contracts, as well as other perks like multiple contestants in arena battles.
For the lore it make sense I've forgot how cheap is the raw material in Rome and gave too much value to them (bad slaver, bad).

As always my idea are just stuff that i think when i do something in game as "I have to make X, maybe with Y I'll find X less ..." those are not critic, I just want to check what other people think about it.

PS I've a few question of the code could i post it here/ on the dev part / PM?

Reactions: somethingpersonal

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
Your idea makes sense, and maybe we'll adopt it if we can't do more..
after some thought and a post from ImperatorTertius I'm not so sure, it will help too much easy/normal PG and tale out all the challenge from hard difficulties.

The upline change we really wish to do is a specialization overhaul, and this will end up having a similar effect. Concubine is super hard because you need more obedience that a servant in order to do any sex lesson, while servent is absurdly easy.
I read about.
It will require a very fine tuning otherwise it make hard difficulties harder without adding anything to easy/norm char.
Early game for Johny is extremely hard to teach a servant to blow him, so Jhony or Old Tom gameplay will be for longer time tied to the subpurchaser.

A easier way around could be to rework on price for specialization.
For example linking the price to the number of needed skill from the class:
servant=assistant<doctor=artist<gladiatrix<concubine I intentionally keeped out pet because even if with 2 skill it require a lot of time to make the slave doing it so maybe with the 3 skill spec

Or why not both, when i train concubine normally they end up having always more specialization than other slave since i rotate the teaching to max out the learning/merit
So even with an overhaul of specialization and price it will be more rewarding for every slaver (exept little jhony but "c'est la vie" and he have to suffer)

A thing I'm not sure is tuned is the slave's item list, why bother to buy some of the stuff since the bonus is risible confronted to other one on all is the Small hoop, it give just +1style and can't even be used as gift, or High heels Vs High Boots (those two came since i'm checking if the wiki page is up to date by reading the code)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Batch of small fixes and tweaks pushed to dev version (available from git or from here as usual: ):

fix pride-related mood effects of exposing clothing;
increase pub food costs by 1$ each;
fix depression mood swing;
convert specializations to grade instead of pass/fail (assistant reports grade by color);
fix missing text for lesbian and frigid trait pop-ups;
increase xp needed to raise brand reputation;
decrease xp for Teacher D- rank;
increase xp needed to raise slaver housekeeping skill;
increase xp needed to master slaver artist skill;
increase xp needed to master slaver medicine skill;
increase xp needed to raise slaver combat skill;
increase xp needed to master slaver magic skill;
increase xp needed to raise slaver domination characteristic;
decrease xp needed to raise slaver torture skill;
rebalance verbal and intimacy reward tiers (hug 1->2, massage 2->3, petting 3->4, praise 2->1, compliment 3->2, promise reward 4->2, promise gift 5->3);
show laboratory supplies in sidebar of alchemy brewing menu;
fix alchemy repeat-last-recipe feature;
fix image selection for vaginal rape;
fix virginity removal for F- fisting lesson;
return to same sub-menu after socializing at taurus club;
fix interaction modifiers for psy-masochist trait and its inverse;
fix disappearing cryo slave when using release button;
bump version to 2.2.4.1 to make it easier to distinguish latest build for troubleshooting (saves are fully compatible in both directions)

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I always start at gladiator level higher than the one I picked. So if I picked non noncombatant, I get brawler, if I pick brawler then I get duelist, etc. on easy mode in a custom game. Makes a true zero start impossible on easy mode. It doesn't seem to happen with story mode or normal or extreme modes in a custom game.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I always start at gladiator level higher than the one I picked. So if I picked non noncombatant, I get brawler, if I pick brawler then I get duelist, etc. on easy mode in a custom game. Makes a true zero start impossible on easy mode. It doesn't seem to happen with story mode or normal or extreme modes in a custom game.
Easy mode custom game has a "patrician" checkbox under the slaver's portrait, which among other things gives a starting assistant and some clothes for the master including an equipped Aketon, which boosts combat skill.

Reactions: RedGreen3

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Dev version bumped to 2.2.4.2:

enabled clothed body images for wilhelmine (patch version only - and we do not have mood overlays or weight variants yet)
added file existence checks and use fallbacks for missing images (currently only for wilhelmine, helen and yasmin)
improved lack-of-charm rejection messages + other minor NPC text improvement
charm refusal 10-day lockout is now waived except on extreme game difficulty
charm refusals now lower brand rep for all difficulties
updated main menu credits and development screens

Attached is a 6MB image pack which can be extracted over the content folder (replace all) to update Wilhelmine's images.

Here is an updated Wilhelmine image pack (18MB) that includes everything from the previous one but adds variant images for non-model body weights: (will expire in 30 days)

Be careful what you click - the correct download is a file named wilhelmine_image_pack.zip and should contain only folders and image files, no installer.

For those who use Git, the media-base-ia and ia-media-patch branches are updated too.

Media-base-ia has also been synch'd with the master media branch, adding/removing/replacing a handful of scene images and sound files. Nothing critical.

Last edited:

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
qwertyu12359
I'm just learning coding by myself one hour a day(have pity on me if I say stupid thing).
In interaction_city from line 7670 (about scarification) and from line 7695 (tongue split)

$do_service = {
slave['scarification'] = 1
slave_rate['mood'] -= 15
slave['neg_pain'] = max(slave['neg_pain'], 5)
if slave['blood_attitude'] < 0: slave['neg_disgust'] = max(slave['neg_disgust'], 50)
gs '$mood_drop', 'slave', 1
!slave_rate['exotic'] += 10
slave_rate['hygiene'] += 20
slave['tattoo_timeup'] = 1
slave['piercings'] += 1
dynamic $slave_energy_drop
}
end
If it's like that shouldn't the program read the line as a comment and give no exoticism to a scarred/tongue splitted slave?
It is intended?
Just for the tinkering I tried to remove the "!" and to apply them to various slave and they give me some exoticism (that it wasn't giving them before)

I hope this will be helpful since in the quicksave/quickload to try it i wasted some good possible slave (I'm jocking it was just the first with exoticism ordinary):ROFLMAO:
Also i tried tongue splitting on a trained slave but i think it didn't lower the BJ skill, (have to try again to be sure) iupdate (it bringed a A+ to B+)
The classic masochistic idea from me:
tongue splitting could also lower the whole oral pleasure class, elocution and singing?
For elocution and singing maybe also cap the skill?
the reason behind is that it say "your slave cannot speak clearly. She will get used to it eventually.
So maybe not but it's just a fun idea

update
Tongue splitting on a trained slave it bringed BJ skill from a A+ to B+ maybe the previous slave was with low BJ skll
it say in the code
if slave['sub_bj'] > 3: slave['sub_bj'] = 3
so if I understood the number if bj>B it reset to B

qwertyu12359
ImperatorAugustusTertius

Last edited:

agrumiel

May 3, 2017
Hello,
I have two questions if someone can answer me since I'm not really used to play with QSP (but I have some knowledge about C# dev) :

- I'd like to know if it's possible to tweak the code itself to allow new format instead of images. Like webm format, I read that it was possible but I don't know if the QSP version we're using is up to date. Shouldn't be too complicated, should it? We just search for all the image calls and add the new script?

- Do images have an "incrementing" system? Like allowing you to add as many images as you want by using a name format (image1.png, image2.png, image3.png, ...)

Thank you if you can answer me.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hello,
- I'd like to know if it's possible to tweak the code itself to allow new format instead of images. Like webm format, I read that it was possible but I don't know if the QSP version we're using is up to date. Shouldn't be too complicated, should it? We just search for all the image calls and add the new script?
Hi!

From what I know (not a lot), you can't allow new formats just from the QSP file, you'll have to tinker the engine itself.

Here are some links that might be useful: , modding guide.

The QSP version used is said to be outdated and tweaked for the game.

- Do images have an "incrementing" system? Like allowing you to add as many images as you want by using a name format (image1.png, image2.png, image3.png, ...)
Yes. It'll be read by the game just by putting an image correctly named. Mind potential gaps however (if nothing between 2 and 4, it can display a glitchy blue box).

Protip: the game can still play other formats like gifs or jpg. You only need to rename the extension of the file itself (so it can even play animated loops)

• Red Heart
Reactions: agrumiel

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
installed these as well as x84 but it still shows the 0xc00007b error, any idea how to fix it?
x86*, not x84.

I'm correcting you because such a mistake proves two things: you're not familiar with softwares installations enough to know about architectures and you didn't read well enough to the point of remembering informations correctly.

Since the error you had can only be caused by a faulty/incomplete install of these dependencies, and you had trouble finding the x64 links, my guess is you either made mistakes when it was about to either finding the x86 links or during the install of any of them.

I cannot know exactly where it failed. I suggest you to start again from the beginning and try to concentrate and not go too fast.

Ideally, you even take a video and post it here so we are able to pinpoint the step you did wrong. Good luck!

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
1708634512189.png
Johny 26 was the one.
It was a speed run, at the end I've no artifact exept the auspex crown, also no saving before auction or contract (ironman mode for me).
Isabella was used to close the last conctract.
Next challenge is to eviscerate the race in the wiki with number and other stuff (prob old man with a ironman rule as for johny, maybe with some more masochistic rule) since I read that people find it difficoult.
It's just number so everyone can do it if the number are explained (MAYBE if I understand it)

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
update
Tongue splitting on a trained slave it bringed BJ skill from a A+ to B+ maybe the previous slave was with low BJ skll
it say in the code
if slave['sub_bj'] > 3: slave['sub_bj'] = 3
so if I understood the number if bj>B it reset to B

qwertyu12359
I'm barely (if ever) working on the code itself. You have better chances of receiving a meaningful answer on related question by asking ImperatorAugustusTertius (y)

Hammyak

Sep 1, 2020
If anybody else have the same issue where linux version doesn't have sound you might want to install libqt5multimedia5-plugins in addition to what's listed in the readme.

Reactions: NukesDidAnime
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes