qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
There's a ton of work honestly. Because of all the different versions of the wiki that are mixed together it's extremely hard to just update the wiki up to v2.2.3.
I think the best way forward is to do something similar to what I did with the barn page where I separated all the information based on the game's version (we could do Original, HF and whatever the current version is). This way older information can be preserved or even expanded upon properly and we can ensure that the wiki is updated for the current version of the game as well as easily updatable for future ones (you would only need to read the changelong and make the relevant edits before declaring that the page was updated as opposed to not knowing from which game version the information of the page is from). I'll try to go through a couple of pages tomorrow and I'll see how well that goes.

If you want to you could look at all the pages and check for information that's easily verifiable in-game. There's also some sections like Uncle Bo's shop that could be expanded upon. If you do happen to make changes before I version the pages I can still check what was previously on them and use the newer edits for the v2.2.3 category.

It's a lot of work but if it's done properly future editors won't have the same problems that we've inherited from years of edits.
I'd rather advocate to simply update data to last version, and precise on every page what version was it true for. So people can then look at changelogs and easily see if things changed since.

Having a page stage infos for different versions makes a newcomer believe that the community is spliced between versions (that some people are still playing 1.21, and others 1.7.5) and will ask themselves which one to choose from. It'll bloat pages for no reason and make your contribution hard to read.

Old infos are still preserved, as the wiki saves and dates every edit, so one would just need to back to 2018 for infos relevant to 1.7.5.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
I'd rather advocate to simply update data to last version, and precise on every page what version was it true for. So people can then look at changelogs and easily see if things changed since.

Having a page stage infos for different versions makes a newcomer believe that the community is spliced between versions (that some people are still playing 1.21, and others 1.7.5) and will ask themselves which one to choose from. It'll bloat pages for no reason and make your contribution hard to read.

Old infos are still preserved, as the wiki saves and dates every edit, so one would just need to back to 2018 for infos relevant to 1.7.5.
Basically starting to check and re-update every page minding only on 2.2.3?
I was scared to change it so much but you are right(I don't think anyone is still playing the OldHuntmans' version) within the next day I start to work on it using your input

PS exept from the code/github (i like lot of the suggestion/tip i read over there) is possible to have acess to the roadmap? I'll like to see the global direction and I'll be glad to help in any way

PPS
Negro Tercermundista didn't answer (maybe is taking a break), but i'm slowly learning coding and i think that the idea from Orc Wizard is doable and will add a bit to the lore of the game, so while i'm not saying that i'll do it, i'm staring into the abiss that could make it possible :LOL: probably when i make something tangible i'll need some help from the coding wizard of this game to balance it

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
I presume that regarding this game i'm a masochist but what do you think of adding a random event as a fight for a shakedown with higher probability in poorer district (slum>camira>taurus>serpentie>necropolis>white city)?

The thinking on it is that the poorer district are more dangerous and the slaver goes around a lot (in mid/late game with a fat purse of sparks), it's Rome so being mugged could be a possibility.
An event like this could be limited by how many sparks you have related to your living state (a slaver that lives in white city that goes in the Slums to get a Fog Fiend should have higher probabilty respect the one from camira house)

If making navigation event is a possibility I have a few other idea (most of them lore friendly)

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Basically starting to check and re-update every page minding only on 2.2.3?
I was scared to change it so much but you are right(I don't think anyone is still playing the OldHuntmans' version) within the next day I start to work on it using your input

PS exept from the code/github (i like lot of the suggestion/tip i read over there) is possible to have acess to the roadmap? I'll like to see the global direction and I'll be glad to help in any way

PPS
Negro Tercermundista didn't answer (maybe is taking a break), but i'm slowly learning coding and i think that the idea from Orc Wizard is doable and will add a bit to the lore of the game, so while i'm not saying that i'll do it, i'm staring into the abiss that could make it possible :LOL: probably when i make something tangible i'll need some help from the coding wizard of this game to balance it
Roadmap is available in the first post of this thread ^^

Be happy to tackle any of these tasks (especially the ones for the upcoming version, I think that'll be a relief for ImperatorAugustus). We can discuss about these tasks beforehand if you need more understanding, and that might be good training.

Try to have as a priority that your changes don't cause glitches or crashes, as stability is a main focus (otherwise people play the previous version and that creates a cut in the community, something we've thankfully been able to avoid).

As for suggestions, if you see one you truly care about not yet in the roadmap, you tell me (and I'll either add it or try to debate whether or not it's a good idea).

Best of luck!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
what do you think of adding a random event as a fight for a shakedown with higher probability in poorer district (slum>camira>taurus>serpentie>necropolis>white city)?

The thinking on it is that the poorer district are more dangerous and the slaver goes around a lot (in mid/late game with a fat purse of sparks), it's Rome so being mugged could be a possibility.
An event like this could be limited by how many sparks you have related to your living state (a slaver that lives in white city that goes in the Slums to get a Fog Fiend should have higher probabilty respect the one from camira house)

If making navigation event is a possibility I have a few other idea (most of them lore friendly)
Have been thinking along similar lines recently. Yes, random events when wandering around outside are easy, just need to decide the conditions.
It needs to be infrequent enough so that it doesn't become annoying, but frequent enough so that you're not likely to think "Ah, shitty RNG screwed me, I'll simply savescum". In other words, it needs to feel like a natural and organic part of gameplay.

Maybe a simple "how many times were you likely to be smuggled in Ancient Rome during your life-time", multiplied by the presupposed number of inhabitants in Eternal Rome would be a good starting point.

It would force you as a player to rapidly pick up ways to fight for survival instead of just loot and glory. The outside music reflecting exactly that idea (the city feels bad and dangerous for you until you think you own it). Speaking of music, we'll probably have to find a new one for "smuggle fights" as the current ones don't fit for this mood.

Successful fights could increase your skills and reputation (while giving you potential new weapons to loot from corpses). With reputation increase you could get much less often bothered, but become a much high profile target (so at first you could simply give your money in exchange of not fighting, but at the end you'll have to be on your guards against powerful assassins).

To finish, we'll have to give a definite answer whether or not that was a lie ^^ 1707961976758.png

scumhp

Dec 16, 2019
It should be possible to have your assistant/slave accompany you during these outings and protect you against muggers, so it doesn't become tedious late game. If you bring your rebelious slave with you they could maybe join the muggers side as well.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
It should be possible to have your assistant/slave accompany you during these outings and protect you against muggers, so it doesn't become tedious late game. If you bring your rebelious slave with you they could maybe join the muggers side as well.
IDK maybe an auto resolve? But i suspect it'll feel too flat and out of the vibe of the game

Even better could be having the assistant help you or substitute you in the fight

Maybe just a reduction of the probability? Muggers can try on a single passerby but could be scared from attacking two people

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I've tried to check it but lot of link says that i've no permission to chek it
Yep, if you check the URLs you'll notice they are links to private messages. For any of these, ask me and I'll post it here or send you a PM. (y)

Just to clarify it, what is HF in the wiki? i was thinking it was the latest version but i'm clearly wrong
HF means Hongfire. It was a forum similar to this one for discussing/sharing/modding things like hentai games. It first got deserted, then died, around 5 years ago.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
Just some idea
It needs to be infrequent enough so that it doesn't become annoying, but frequent enough so that you're not likely to think "Ah, shitty RNG screwed me, I'll simply savescum". In other words, it needs to feel like a natural and organic part of gameplay.
Maybe linking it to the wealth/fighting of the slaver? Just enough to be a challenge without being a burden

Maybe a simple "how many times were you likely to be smuggled in Ancient Rome during your life-time", multiplied by the presupposed number of inhabitants in Eternal Rome would be a good starting point.
Could you elaborate it? I'm not understandig this point

It would force you as a player to rapidly pick up ways to fight for survival instead of just loot and glory
IDK maybe beating some muggers could give you a bit of loot? this way a RNG event cab be see as uplifting for a payer (My opinion but the fight in the fog is somehow dull since you fight different enemies always for a free slave (no loot, no money from a gang of cannibale to a big ass vampire)

The outside music reflecting exactly that idea (the city feels bad and dangerous for you until you think you own it). Speaking of music, we'll probably have to find a new one for "smuggle fights" as the current ones don't fit for this mood.
sorry but i'm note deaf so in that i can't help

Successful fights could increase your skills and reputation (while giving you potential new weapons to loot from corpses). With reputation increase you could get much less often bothered, but become a much high profile target (so at first you could simply give your money in exchange of not fighting, but at the end you'll have to be on your guards against powerful assassins).
On that i agree (my previous post was just a "conversetionl piece" to start talking about) maybe making a multiple tier (F- to S+) from random bullies to powerful asassin?

To finish, we'll have to give a definite answer whether or not that was a lie ^^ View attachment 3355325
As my previous post slum>camira>taurus>serpentie>necropolis>white city, it should be normal that in white town the security is very high (maybe just in 1:1000? IDK just a random number).
As my previous post and other people suggestion if is decided a number it should have to be reduced the number of interaction (the menu thng i talked about some time ago or the possibility to go to a place from a side menu (as i think Ork Wizard suggrsted), or maybe try a check to be mugged just when you enter in a quater of the city?

If the random event is an idea to work on i've some other, (I'll use F->S to simulate a d100 roll)
1 F=mugged (str a fight)
2 D= meeting a prostitute (money for horny release (higher chance of STD in lower district)
3 C = getting drunk (you meet a classmate of yours of the slavers guild (- 1 time - 3 sparks + drunkness moodlet)
4 B = being pickpoked (-money)
5 A = Finding a wallet (+ money)
6 S = Loose wagon (STR check for some random cooking ingredients)
7-100 nothing happens

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe linking [fight frequency] to the wealth/fighting of the slaver? Just enough to be a challenge without being a burden
It depends on what order you decide. Things should be in the "realistic but fair, therefore fun" territory.

How could wealth/fighting skill affect frequency of attacks made on you? Realistically, low fighting skill makes you not intimidating, therefore more likely to get attacked. Then again, some people have something to prove and will attack only "worthy" opponents. High wealth make you more likely to be a target of theft, yet very powerful people can intimidate thieves by making them think "they probably display their wealth that much because they are able to defend it".

With that in mind, we can make a more or less complex simulation of how things would work in-universe.

But if you stop at "in a way attack frequency isn't annoying", then you have weak foundations for the rest to make sense. Moreover, adaptative difficulty often feels artificial (like in Skyrim, where ennemies become stronger as you gain level, even mid-fight).

Could you elaborate it? I'm not understandig this point: "Maybe a simple "how many times were you likely to be smuggled in Ancient Rome during your life-time", multiplied by the presupposed number of inhabitants in Eternal Rome would be a good starting point."
Basically we need to learn our history: 1708034855415.png .

See the crime/theft rate in Ancient Rome, adapt it to Eternal Rome (with added variables being "Dark Fantasy town, crossroad of a multiverse"). And then make the maths to calculate how likely you are to encounter a fight during a playthrough depending on factors like your aura, attire, reputation, neighborhood, etc.

IDK maybe beating some muggers could give you a bit of loot? this way a RNG event cab be see as uplifting for a payer (My opinion but the fight in the fog is somehow dull since you fight different enemies always for a free slave (no loot, no money from a gang of cannibale to a big ass vampire)
Yeah, better loots in the Fogs was the plan with Lokplart for a fight system overhaul... But it was huge and it didn't happen.

sorry but i'm note deaf so in that i can't help
No worries. I'll try to find a song in due time with adequate songwriting and orchestration

maybe making a multiple tier (F- to S+) from random bullies to powerful asassin?

As my previous post slum>camira>taurus>serpentie>necropolis>white city, it should be normal that in white town the security is very high (maybe just in 1:1000? IDK just a random number).
As my previous post and other people suggestion if is decided a number it should have to be reduced the number of interaction (the menu thng i talked about some time ago or the possibility to go to a place from a side menu (as i think Ork Wizard suggrsted), or maybe try a check to be mugged just when you enter in a quater of the city?

If the random event is an idea to work on i've some other, (I'll use F->S to simulate a d100 roll)
1 F=mugged (str a fight)
2 D= meeting a prostitute (money for horny release (higher chance of STD in lower district)
3 C = getting drunk (you meet a classmate of yours of the slavers guild (- 1 time - 3 sparks + drunkness moodlet)
4 B = being pickpoked (-money)
5 A = Finding a wallet (+ money)
6 S = Loose wagon (STR check for some random cooking ingredients)
7-100 nothing happens
Food for thoughts! :)

I'll put these messages soon in the roadmap so we can have a trace of these blueprints.

One thing to have in mind is that this is a complex idea, from experience it'll need time to be developed and implemented. So I'll put that for Future Versions, leaving only bug fixes and long due simple immediate improvements for upcoming version.

qwqwqwasasas

Dec 30, 2017
Hey guys, on the wiki it says there are obtainable traits:

• Accustomed to pain - 50 masochism xp can't replace afraid of pain
  • Masochist - 100 masochism xp replaces accustomed to pain can't replace afraid of pain
  • Exhibitionist - 75 exhibitionism xp replaces shy
  • Nymphomania - 200 nymphomania xp replaces frigid
  • Pervert - 150 perversion xp replaces purist
  • Bi-sexual - 50 lesbian xp can't replace homophobic and lesbian
  • Psi-masochist - 50 abuse xp can't replace hysteric
  • Darkness child - 50 darkness xp can't replace nyctophobia
  • Bloodthirsty -50 blood xp can't replace hemophobia
  • Pyromania - 50 fire xp can't replace pyrophobia
  • Water child - 50 water xp can't replace hydrophobia
  • Arachnophilia': - 50 vermin xp can't replace arachnophobia
  • Inured to helplessness - 50 deprivation xp can't replace claustrophobia and loves helplessness
  • Merciful - 10 compassion xp can't replace sadist
What gives these different xp's? Can't find info anywhere, and there's no way to see the xp so I don't know if, for example, wearing deprivation suit gives deprivation xp or not.

Thanks!

NukesDidAnime

Jan 10, 2020
What gives these different xp's? Can't find info anywhere, and there's no way to see the xp so I don't know if, for example, wearing deprivation suit gives deprivation xp or not.
Any action that sounds like it would give a particular kind of xp probably does. For Deprivation it's the pet suit, deprivation suit, being a cow and certain types of bondage. I might add all the sources of xp to the wiki in the future but they're all related to certain kinds of training, punishments or clothing.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
At the attempt number 26 (ironman, no savescumming before contract or auction) today little jhony finally move to serpentine.

qwertyu12359
I've seen in the roadmap a plan to give multiple contract (or a note in the code i don't remember).
A possibility that as come to my mind from this run but that I've thought about in the previous, was a way to limitate the possibilty for hard contract at low Guild brand status; it could help from early to end game.

The reason is that is funny that Angelika, that in-lore is somehow your ally, give to the newbie a high temperament, high proud, corpulent slave as first contract asking to make a concubine of it.
Also in late game there could be a way for not having high end contract with impossible slave (I know there is a way to circumvent this but that 's not the point).
As before sound illogical that for making a S+ slave the guild give you a plain, stupid and bony slave at the limit of sanity break point (a funny challenge at high level).

Another thing I was thinking was how (only for the guild's contract) improve the probability of useful trait for the contract, the reason is that the guild have a pool of slave to choose from so it should be obvlious that it give you the right slave for that job.

I know that the slave are randomly generated but maybe ther could be a way for a point system within the contract grade that take consideration of the Guild brand status whitout braking the game.
I also know that there are way to go around the problem o ir is not something to really concentrate right now.

As alway is just food for the mind

PS I really, really liked the long term plan for this game (from roadmap)

Reactions: ebemise42069

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Love all the tweaks an bug fixes, I've been working on an image pack but it'll prolly take a few years. Worked on it for a few months now been pretty fun so far the default images are really good for inspiration ;)
It's amazing that you're motivated to do such hard work for this game. Best of luck!

qwertyu12359
I've seen in the roadmap a plan to give multiple contract (or a note in the code i don't remember).
A possibility that as come to my mind from this run but that I've thought about in the previous, was a way to limitate the possibilty for hard contract at low Guild brand status; it could help from early to end game.

The reason is that is funny that Angelika, that in-lore is somehow your ally, give to the newbie a high temperament, high proud, corpulent slave as first contract asking to make a concubine of it.
Also in late game there could be a way for not having high end contract with impossible slave (I know there is a way to circumvent this but that 's not the point).
As before sound illogical that for making a S+ slave the guild give you a plain, stupid and bony slave at the limit of sanity break point (a funny challenge at high level).

Another thing I was thinking was how (only for the guild's contract) improve the probability of useful trait for the contract, the reason is that the guild have a pool of slave to choose from so it should be obvlious that it give you the right slave for that job.

I know that the slave are randomly generated but maybe ther could be a way for a point system within the contract grade that take consideration of the Guild brand status whitout braking the game.
I also know that there are way to go around the problem o ir is not something to really concentrate right now.

As alway is just food for the mind

PS I really, really liked the long term plan for this game (from roadmap)
Your idea makes sense, and maybe we'll adopt it if we can't do more. It'd be a bit like that meme though: 1708207331427.png .

The upline change we really wish to do is a specialization overhaul, and this will end up having a similar effect. Concubine is super hard because you need more obedience that a servant in order to do any sex lesson, while servent is absurdly easy.

The overhaul will bring a different balance to things. Maybe the entertainer won't have to just do music and paintings, but also be good at seduction and exhibitionists (for guests that want tea). The servant will have to clean, but also be able to appease you sexually with oral sex among other things. The pet won't have to just roleplay, it'll have to be good a dog mating; and the pig specialized will need coprophagia (PS: if possible, that should be high reward for those that can stomach it, but optional so one can finish the game without it).

With things like that, not only there's less imbalance between classes, gameplay might be more fun too (especially if high clients ask for overlapping specializations). It's just a blueprint as of now.

Last edited:

darcin-greyhart

Apr 29, 2023
Just for example for others: (paraphrase) "You can learn all skills, not just four." I'm looking at the thing right now and there's eight skills from the gladiator lady and you can learn four, if you have max 'easy' stats. Even if there's some quest, what about the others? Maybe I've lost my mind? Anyway, not the point of this post:

It's simple, guys. I was on the old forums. I got bitched at by a dev. This is one of the few games where I was around while it was developed. These problems aren't new. The bottom line is that these things are issues. If a decade of complaints won't win you over, I have no idea what will.

I updated my review with a simple link here. People can decide for themselves. I think that's fair. As I've said, I put plenty of time into this game and I don't have reason to fault it severely. With that said, the game is legit, but not in its full dose. There are people who enjoy difficult games -- nothing wrong with that. I prefer to get off work and relax; easy is perfect. The good news is, there's a solid chunk of the game that applies to that on easy now, after mods were made and incorporated. All that folds on medium or higher difficulty, as is repeated constantly in other reviews. The difficulty of the game in normal, default mode is too high to enjoy for the regular person.

As far as Spectre and combat problems, well, I guess you can try not to hear, but it's a problem. Is it expected for a free game? You bet ya. Is it an issue? You bet ya. Both can be true.

If none of that matters, then other indications of what to do would help for slave training. Let's face it, this is the internet. We're all borderline autistic assholes. How should I approach my slave? Do I keep punishing her to up fear or do I let it ride for a couple days and up tame? Put in a message: "Your slave woke up with bloodshot eyes. She rages at you. Maybe you should break her spirit." or "Your slave can't stop crying. Maybe she needs some time off." Easy. Drop hints. Yeah, yeah, we're all stupid, but tell me us what is needed, 'cause clearly I, and presumably others, don't get it. A word doc from "Potato_Butt_69_666" doesn't cut it.

Code is not my strong suit. If you want lore or writing, I'd be happy to figure out 'Specter's brother' and how he fucks it all up.

Off the cuff:
Specter's bro, Prism: "Hopefully my messenger has arrived before you take action. Legally, I can't prevent what you're going to do. Realistically, I can. I have no doubt my brother, Spectre, will intervene. A hassle, certainly... but instead, I want something from you, slaver. Mother, the disgusting old cow, needs to be an actual cow. She's mature and overweight, but that should help. However, she's headstrong, like her sons. Break her. She needs to be the perfect milking slut, at least appraised for 4,000 (3000?) gold, but instead of selling her, take her to the arena and feed her to a bog fiend - lose the fight. Simple, no? She must be high value at that time. It must stab Specter in the heart with triviality. It's important that she be covered in filth, toilet training, leather shackles, steel collar. When you're done, I'll provide by brother to you for execution (any of the 'get rid of girl' options, though 'drive out of house' results in him returning to kill you.) What do I offer? He said his armor, right? After he's gone, you shall have it. He got it from me anyway." (easy out, easier than Spectre's quest. If desired, make the armor 'damaged' for a reduced, but still better than gothic plate stats.)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It's simple, guys. I was on the old forums. I got bitched at by a dev.
Out of curiosity, was it Crushboss?

I updated my review with a simple link here. People can decide for themselves.
Fair

The difficulty of the game in normal, default mode is too high to enjoy for the regular person.
Maybe, and you have a right to voice that opinion. I'd however argue that the default difficulty is there to be a challenge by design, since the game's birth. And we're simply staying true to the original intent (and that participates into making this game a classic).

Let's compare it to Dark Souls a bit, people complained and complained on Steam forums... then people told them to git gud, and those who did ended up praising it was a rewarding experience. Now let's imagine people modded Dark Souls for 8 years, and these modders already added difficulty levels to cater for more casual players, do you think it'd be fair to ask them to lower the default difficulty? I think it'd make it into the game that it isn't meant to be.

Spectre and combat problems, well, I guess you can try not to hear, but it's a problem. Is it expected for a free game? You bet ya. Is it an issue? You bet ya. Both can be true.
About that I don't remember what you said but... we don't ignore criticisms about that. For example, we've made lengthy mockups of a fight system overhaul:

1593417417076.png 1593510033793.png (credits to Lokplart)

But we couldn't reach the end (indeed, free game means that people have limited free time to develop).

We're all borderline autistic assholes.
Sure ^^

How should I approach my slave? Do I keep punishing her to up fear or do I let it ride for a couple days and up tame? Put in a message: "Your slave woke up with bloodshot eyes. She rages at you. Maybe you should break her spirit." or "Your slave can't stop crying. Maybe she needs some time off." Easy. Drop hints.
I think this would be lame for default mode, we don't want the game to practically play itself. It's as if, in Pokemon, the game would tell you "this is not very effective, maybe try your grass attack instead"...

But this is perfect for the tutorial AND easy mode. We've actually always wanted to have more "organic" difficulty levels, that'd go beyond "easier numbers" for easy mode. One dev' (the main dev' for v1.8 actually) proposed to do that but we have no news since.

Anyway, I'll write this idea in the roadmap. But it's a task that is more likely to be tackled by a person that plays easy mode, I wouldn't expect it to happen fast ^^

Code is not my strong suit. If you want lore or writing, I'd be happy to figure out 'Specter's brother' and how he fucks it all up.

Off the cuff:
Specter's bro, Prism: "Hopefully my messenger has arrived before you take action. Legally, I can't prevent what you're going to do. Realistically, I can. I have no doubt my brother, Spectre, will intervene. A hassle, certainly... but instead, I want something from you, slaver. Mother, the disgusting old cow, needs to be an actual cow. She's mature and overweight, but that should help. However, she's headstrong, like her sons. Break her. She needs to be the perfect milking slut, at least appraised for 4,000 (3000?) gold, but instead of selling her, take her to the arena and feed her to a bog fiend - lose the fight. Simple, no? She must be high value at that time. It must stab Specter in the heart with triviality. It's important that she be covered in filth, toilet training, leather shackles, steel collar. When you're done, I'll provide by brother to you for execution (any of the 'get rid of girl' options, though 'drive out of house' results in him returning to kill you.) What do I offer? He said his armor, right? After he's gone, you shall have it. He got it from me anyway." (easy out, easier than Spectre's quest. If desired, make the armor 'damaged' for a reduced, but still better than gothic plate stats.)
I'll write this down in the roadmap :illuminati:

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes