SquareAmlore

Dec 29, 2019
Some small personal thoughts (sorry for using machine translation). Is it possible to add different characters' different preferences for slave figures? For example, a person may randomly like a slave that is fatter or thinner, so the price will be higher for a slave with a matching body shape?

qwqwqwasasas

Dec 30, 2017
Ayy devs, this game fucking rocks!

Having played it several times over the years, I appreciate community development, it became more coherent over the years.

Some suggestions for further awesomeness:

QOL:
- HUGE: Hotkeys would save a lot of tedium! Going to rewards->verbal could be one button instead of two clicks; Going to Elven Lied could be one button instead of three clicks, etc. (I know there are a couple already, please moar)
- Hotkeys - bonus round! There could be a .ini or something, with mapping so that players can choose what hotkeys they need and assign keys. I would happily bind "Sparingly approve" to a hotkey, but other player might not think it's good.
- Big: log of activity, what did slaver/slave/assistant do today? This is especially useful when you load a save and have no idea what happened. Something like:
> Isabella: Rubbing lesson, learned poorly; Rubbing F->D-; Excelled [3]
> PC: Go to White Town; buy Hijab x5
- Medium: cheat mode, with the ability to change anything on a slave among other things. This is good even for non-cheat games, sometimes you just need to check something (like if B+ secretary/nurse without 3 devotion can be a farmhand) and then rollback to a save.
- Medium: gear sets for slave, with icons on main interface to switch gear. Optimal gear is usually some for day, and another for the night - clicking a lot to optimize that is a pain. Maybe unite with rule presets, and remember clothes per slave per preset?
- Medium: show gear bound to slave with different color. Should be super easy and goddamn this is needed :)
- Medium: allow more control over food on the farm, my girls are constantly losing weight, including farmhand. And would be cool if farmhand could wash the cattle, and maybe act if nutritionist for herself and cattle, with target fatness? Also would be nice to make them excercise on farm.
- Small: make spacebar press the checkmark to close popups.
- Small: casting magic without magic robe on can allow magic as though it's on, if it's in inventory. Just saves a couple clicks.
- Small: if slave is some rank, but does not have a rank-appropriate specialization, her price on auction is way lower - and it's not obvious that specializations matter for the auction. Could be a tutorial popup/explained somewhere.
- Small: "detailed info" toggle, to show stats that clothing gives, which is available on the wiki already.
- Small: maybe with some quest, but allow to see the progress on slave and slaver's skills, just like raven crown does on Aura.

Balance:
- Allow alchemy classes without lab, just makes common sense.
- Relaxed oral sex shouldn't take energy from slaver. I guess it's a balance thing.
- Make races and arena happen at the same frequency? 1 day difference is just inconvenient to plan around.
- Make aura-perfect (max devotion etc) slave un-spoilable, with no awareness/taming/whatever decrease, no despair, no mood malus from you inflicting pain/horrors on her. If her life is fully dedicated to you, she'll take it all and not waver. Yes it will allow whip/bondage grind, but why shouldn't it? She'll gladly help you learn, whatever the cost to herself.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ayy devs, this game fucking rocks!

Having played it several times over the years, I appreciate community development, it became more coherent over the years.

Some suggestions for further awesomeness:
I like your suggestions. I'll discuss some:

- Medium: cheat mode, with the ability to change anything on a slave among other things. This is good even for non-cheat games, sometimes you just need to check something (like if B+ secretary/nurse without 3 devotion can be a farmhand) and then rollback to a save.
There is a cheat mode, it's just kind of hidden. Either pick one of the few slaver names which give you bonuses, or start a custom game in easy difficulty then go to Options. (y)

- Medium: show gear bound to slave with different color. Should be super easy and goddamn this is needed :)
This has been suggested before and it's already in the roadmap. :)

And would be cool if farmhand could wash the cattle, and maybe act if nutritionist for herself and cattle, with target fatness?
I'm not very familiar with farm gameplay... but did you that your assistant can act as a nutritionist if her stats are high enough? Unless ImperatorAugustus knows a good reason against it, it sounds like a good idea to me to make it so it works in the farm too.

- Small: make spacebar press the checkmark to close popups.
Maybe "escape" then, otherwise some people will miss them while trying to skip dialogues.

- Small: casting magic without magic robe on can allow magic as though it's on, if it's in inventory. Just saves a couple clicks.
You can already cast magic without it at F-. You just need to be persistant with Auspex. Auto-Equip on optimal action is a dangerous pandora's box, we don't want the game to play itself; the inconvenience is what should force the player to specialize (or persist through the tediousness as a cost).

- Small: if slave is some rank, but does not have a rank-appropriate specialization, her price on auction is way lower - and it's not obvious that specializations matter for the auction. Could be a tutorial popup/explained somewhere.
My thought as a player was "why wouldn't it matter?". I assumed that people in the auctions have more or less the same tastes as clients in general. So I'm not sure. We'll wait for more reports on that posing a difficulty and maybe find a way of giving contextual hints if there are indeed none.

- Small: "detailed info" toggle, to show stats that clothing gives, which is available on the wiki already.
Game being a number sheet simulator is something we're avoiding from day one as it'd betray the original design. These effects should be a bit mysterious and diegetic.

It certainly goes against the canons of modern gaming trends... which is exactly what most modern day gamers ask for (less hand-holding, more in-universe cohesive mechanics instead of ).

- Allow alchemy classes without lab, just makes common sense.
Does it? :unsure:

- Relaxed oral sex shouldn't take energy from slaver. I guess it's a balance thing.
Orgasms do make any male feel sleepier :lepew:

- Make aura-perfect (max devotion etc) slave un-spoilable, with no awareness/taming/whatever decrease, no despair, no mood malus from you inflicting pain/horrors on her. If her life is fully dedicated to you, she'll take it all and not waver. Yes it will allow whip/bondage grind, but why shouldn't it? She'll gladly help you learn, whatever the cost to herself.
I don't agree. People are nuanced and complex, and the aura shows that. Being fully dedicated to you, your slave will remain with you in spite of her despair. Similarly, someone entirely devoted can also be slightly spoiled. And this is what makes devotion what it is; it doesn't magically remove hardship, it makes one tolerate it.

It's then up to you to make her aura perfect, if you want to make a challenge for yourself.

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
- Allow alchemy classes without lab, just makes common sense
I mean, if you don't have a lab you can send her to school. It makes sense to me not being able to have alchemy classes without one.

Going to Elven Lied could be one button instead of three clicks, etc.
Jesus Christ YES, I'd love to have a button or a hotkey that just puts me straight in there, doing it every single day is so tiring and i even forget sometime.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
I was peeking into the code, for writing a wiki article about the barn (the mathematical part of it), I found that the price is the summatory of the slave stat and i found that the "cow_base_price" (min 20) is influenced from the master side (str + cha + sty + brand and guid rep), is this value a summatory or it pick the higher? It adds to the base price or it substitute it?

NukesDidAnime

Jan 10, 2020
is this value a summatory or it pick the higher? It adds to the base price or it substitute it?
The 5 player stats, as well as all other relevant stats and conditions, are added to cow_base_price and the final price is then (cow_base_price*3)/2 [subroutines/$cow_price]. Other pages that might interest you are [interface/interaction] for requirements to make slaves into their respective barn counterparts (farmhands have requirements and slaves can rebel or fight you) and [system/next_day] for all the calculations regarding farmhands, cows, egg-layers and pigs (production, prices, death). There might be other code that's important but that's what I've found.
I was also thinking about editing the wiki to make a barn article under Gameplay but the code you're referring to is somewhat explained in Quarter of Outcasts/Public Animal Farm. I'm more interested in overhauling the Player Housing portion into a proper article that goes over everything since it currently has some pretty outdated information regarding the barn.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
The 5 player stats, as well as all other relevant stats and conditions, are added to cow_base_price and the final price is then (cow_base_price*3)/2 [subroutines/$cow_price]. Other pages that might interest you are [interface/interaction] requirements barn counterparts and [system/next_day] for calculations regarding farmhands, cows, egg-layers and pigs (production, prices, death). There might be other code that's important but that's what I've found.
I was also thinking about editing the wiki to make a barn article under Gameplay but the code you're referring to is somewhat explained in Quarter of Outcasts/Public Animal Farm. I'm more interested in overhauling the Player Housing portion into a proper article that goes over everything since it currently has some pretty outdated information regarding the barn.
Thanks for the info I was not sure (D- coding skill:ROFLMAO:), but now I've something to study about it.
About the wiki part i made a page that (hopefully) it will include (in the long term) all the information about it, with separate section for each one of the slave in the barn, fell free to contribute (for some times it will be mostly WIP) or to move it somewhere else.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
I was training a girl in Xenophilia for one of the nobles and I noticed that the spider we used for the training is female since the text mentions she was injecting eggs on the girl. (I recall she was called Mater Aranea?)

So... our spider is gay, noted. :KEK:

Btw, i maybe asking too much but since the brothel has an option for a fox girl, i guess there could be a way to get our hands on kemono/beast girls? Maybe add an option for surgery to turn them into one. Just food for thought.

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
Btw, i maybe asking too much but since the brothel has an option for a fox girl, i guess there could be a way to get our hands on kemono/beast girls? Maybe add an option for surgery to turn them into one. Just food for thought.
i like the idea and it could be possible (but i'm not in the dev team so my opinion=0), maybe (the coding people surely will correct me and I beg them to do it) is possible by placing a new group

loli = 0
Young = 1
milf = 2
Exotic = 3? (maybe the number are incorrect)

It have to start as a mod (it will add a shit ton of image that have to be lore friendly) and it have to stay as a mod since is not on the vibes of most people, but it could be lore friendly since Rome is the crossroad of the Universe (in this ipotetic exotic class there could be beast/demon/angelic/(anything not human)) .

Also this class could start with a natural exoticism higher than 0 but will have to be much rarer

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
i like the idea and it could be possible (but i'm not in the dev team so my opinion=0), maybe (the coding people surely will correct me and I beg them to do it) is possible by placing a new group

loli = 0
Young = 1
milf = 2
Exotic = 3? (maybe the number are incorrect)

It have to start as a mod (it will add a shit ton of image that have to be lore friendly) and it have to stay as a mod since is not on the vibes of most people, but it could be lore friendly since Rome is the crossroad of the Universe (in this ipotetic exotic class there could be beast/demon/angelic/(anything not human)) .

Also this class could start with a natural exoticism higher than 0 but will hve to be much rarer
You can try to get in touch with Negro Tercermundista, he was trying to generate them.

Brothel could sure benefit from a visual overhaul!

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
A thing i didn't understand from wiki Vs code, is having the slaver's clothing (liverly, etc) in the inventory enough to give a teaching bonus or it wil only raise the limit for the teaching level when worn?

Last edited:

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
A thing i didn't understand from wiki Vs code, is having the slaver's clothing (liverly, etc) in the inventory enough to give a teaching bonus or it wil only raise the limit for the teaching level when worn?
You can see pretty clearly the clothing's effect when wearing them, like the Medical Gown, your medicine skill goes up an entire level when wearing it, same for the others.
So, yeah, the effect only applies when wearing it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I'm currently on day 808 with my Johny run, and now the game has started to give me a "nothing" screen sometimes when i skip the day and the only way out is to load a save, It's not game-breaking but its annoying.
Also if i just load the save and skip the day the "nothing" screen will keep appearing until i do something slightly different like assigning and non-assigning a assistant, once i do that the day skips normally

Don't know if this bugs has been reported yet though.
Could you upload a save where immediate end day triggers the nothing screen? Also, does hitting ESC key get out of it?

kyordhel

Nov 16, 2019
Sorry if I skipped an answered topic, but it's about 300 pages of topics to check and search didn't pop anything useful.

I took the old source for JONT and compiled the player for Linux and managed to fix a number of bugs. These bug-fixes were ported to the Windows build and features from the Windows build have been ported to the Linux version.
Any pointers (pun intended) on where to resume this? Any git I can clone to dig? The repos I found have Windows code and my debian refuses to even look at them (running xfce4 btw).

Due to backend not freeing file-handles, you may eventually encounter an rlimit situation. Just restart the game and resume. Requires *massive* rewrite to fix.
Can't promise results but maybe if I have the time I could fix a few of these...

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Any pointers (pun intended) on where to resume this? Any git I can clone to dig? The repos I found have Windows code and my debian refuses to even look at them (running xfce4 btw).
The 'official' repository of the F95 'edition'.
Can't promise results but maybe if I have the time I could fix a few of these...
You would need to rewrite the engine ground up breaking all compatibility due to the nature of Qsp engine. It needs to be deprecated in favor of a new engine, it's truly long past time to put Qsp out to pasture.

Reactions: kyordhel

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
I'm curious now what exactly are the "Other Expenses" on the bills, because i don't rent anything, i bought the house on the Necropolis, my assistant works as the "Nutricionist", i'm not using supplements nor i do groceries, the only thing it could make it cost this much is the "Respectable" cost of living. which is my guess to why the food is also so expensive, or does the food i eat at the pub is added here?
1707838142661.png

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I'm curious now what exactly are the "Other Expenses" on the bills, because i don't rent anything, i bought the house on the Necropolis, my assistant works as the "Nutricionist", i'm not using supplements nor i do groceries, the only thing it could make it cost this much is the "Respectable" cost of living. which is my guess to why the food is also so expensive, or does the food i eat at the pub is added here?
View attachment 3350808
I discussed it with a co-developper years ago. If I remember well, his head-cannon was that it's about things like what perfumes you buy for yourself, how much water you use by showers, etc.

So indeed cost of living related stuff (unless the code says otherwise).

Alperar

Feb 3, 2024
You can see pretty clearly the clothing's effect when wearing them, like the Medical Gown, your medicine skill goes up an entire level when wearing it, same for the others.
So, yeah, the effect only applies when wearing it.
No, sorry i expressed wyself poorly, that was obvious.
i found this in the wiki
As of 2.2.3, you no longer need to wear the items to get the training bonuses,
and this in the code in interface/interaction result (line 600)
! include potential skill boost from clothing in master inventory to determine skill level that can be taught
! relying on fact that master can only have one of each outfit to avoid double counting
What i meant to ask was:
1) if the skill that goes up is only to upgrade your teaching limit or it gives a boost to the learning factor of the slave;
2) if it give a boost even if you don't wear it

• Red Heart
Reactions: Orc Wizard

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
Yep, that's it for me guys, started out this game 3 weeks ago and now i can say i finished it, played one or two runs to get the hang of the game and then started my real journey as Johny while following krustus starting guide, then once i piled up 1k sparks i got some leniency and started to laze around training whatever slaves i wanted for fun, I got to meet Tiamat, the outcasts leader, got excited thinking I'd get to serve mommy dragon goddess, but she told me I was supposed to make a slave for her son instead of her... blergh.

Disappointed by not getting to serve mommy Tiamat, then I started building rep for the Necropolis, cuz I'm sort of a undead connossieur.

Along the way i got a Xenomorph Fog Fiend burst out of a slave a rescued from a Fog Fiend, and I took really good care of this little baby, took a while for him to evolve from Kraken to Cthulhu, but once he did i sold exchanged him for the Crown. which was pretty handy, didn't bother to get another Fog Fiend afterwards.

Also I did a personal sidequest of getting myself a cow while living in the Outcasts, i ended breaking her sanity tho, so her milk production was shit, but I gotta say my depraved mind enjoyed the fantasy of the whole situation... Still sold her to minotaur bro for 1100 sparks, she was kinda expensive to keep while producing shit amounts of milk y'know.

I also did butcher some girls out of spite as well... probably not the most lucrative thing to do, but my god it felt good by how annoying some of these brats can be.

But anyways, once i got to the vampire prince, the cunt was pretty damn demanding on the girl's charm, i had to sell an entire S+ slave on the auction since i was running out of money and had no idea what to do to please that cunt of a prince.
Then i trained another S+ slave and after carefully checking her stats i noticed her charm was A+, so i proceeded to skip lots of time and win several colosseum duels until her Fame reached C- so that her charm could get to S+... ugh.

So once i FINALLY sold the Prince the slave he wanted, i did cast a Domini Dictum on the girl i sold to him and gave her a wooden stake, but thats a story for another time...

And then once i left the prince's chambers the music... changed, not to a depressing tone like all the music in the game has been so far, but to a calming one. I felt... Actual peace.

So I went back home, fucked my assistant until exhaustion(also using cocaine fairy pollen for more stamina) and won the game.

I at least wanted to see Johny's sister mentioned on the wiki, but i skipped like, 45 days and got nothing so i gave up.

Anyways, much thanks for the devs for putting up such enjoyable community game like this. o7
1707847317263.png

Here are lil' Johnny's and my assistant stats if anything.
1707847345816.png 1707847390400.png

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes