ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is it possible to make Uncle Tom's "issues" happen in the no loli edition?
Not easily.

Along these lines, any ideas for the other normal starts to give them more flavor?

Maybe make it harder to develop strength above Healthy / combat skill above C- for the less physical backgrounds? Maestro, Doc, etc. They aren’t warriors.

Maybe make it harder to develop skills outside their “speciality” in general?

Maybe give them special deals: free exams at hospital (Doc), free theater tickets (Maestro), bonus pay for public use (Silk Daddy), etc.

Last edited:

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Not easily.

Along these lines, any ideas for the other normal starts to give them more flavor?

Maybe make it harder to develop strength above Healthy / combat skill above C- for the less physical backgrounds? Maestro, Doc, etc. They aren’t warriors.

Maybe make it harder to develop skills outside their “speciality” in general?

Maybe give them special deals: free exams at hospital (Doc), free theater tickets (Maestro), bonus pay for public use (Silk Daddy), etc.
Silk Daddy is a pimp. He likely doesn't care about what a girl can do other than sex, so maybe his common stats grow more slowly. Milord has a good education, so maybe his common skills grow faster as a result. Might also make sense seeing as Milord is "easy mode." General differences that fit the lore.

I think deals are a good idea. I also think that making the skills outside of the character's specialty harder is a good idea. I agree that non warrior characters should have more difficulty raising combat skill and health beyond a certain point. They would have had no reason to before.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Previous release changelog: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-development.390/post-13355694

Bumped dev version to 2.2.6.2 (older saves are fully compatible; enable "Ignore version check when loading" in the Game menu)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Available from git or from here as usual:

There are no new images since 2.2.6.1, but if you hadn't already downloaded the images that were attached to the 2.2.6.1 post, go back to that post (linked at the top of this post) for the attached zip that includes images that have been added recently (2.2.5.4+).

Last edited:

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
One more thing I want to ask
Is giving employees to shop actually do anything?
the pay is mediocre and you and haggle but is there any point of selling for cheaps for goodwills? any benefits?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
One more thing I want to ask
Is giving employees to shop actually do anything?
the pay is mediocre and you and haggle but is there any point of selling for cheaps for goodwills? any benefits?
Currently not, aside from that they accept C- rating. Edit: Goodwill does increase bargaining success/value with that NPC for a later deal.

One idea is to require proving yourself with a shopkeeper from the faction you want to impress before you can sell to other residents of the faction.

In theory if you played long enough you could run out of buyers except for the renewable ones - shops, guild, auction. Doubt anyone ever does...

Last edited:

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
In theory if you played long enough you could run out of buyers except for the renewable ones - shops, guild, auction. Doubt anyone ever does...
The most profitable way is always to raise as high as you can
auction is like once per 10 days
there is no way you can have more stocks than auction can absorb much less other places

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The most profitable way is always to raise as high as you can
auction is like once per 10 days
there is no way you can have more stocks than auction can absorb much less other places
Most profitable per slave to train to the max, but with philtre you can get to C- rating very quickly so it can be an easy way to supplement income.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
by the time one can make philtre I don't think money to survive is really a concern anymore
On extreme difficulty covering the rental costs gets expensive. This is an alternative to other methods of supplementing income. Extreme difficulty is all about creating incentives to do things that otherwise aren't worthwhile...

Necessity is the mother of invention etc.

Last edited:

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
added permanent diminishing returns for sparing approval, praise and weighty compliment so eventually promises are the only viable choice in the category

Anyone else not liking this? The idea makes sense but making it permanent is weird. Even real people want to be praised much less very loyal slaves

Reactions: BakaG and dbxhfl452

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
added permanent diminishing returns for sparing approval, praise and weighty compliment so eventually promises are the only viable choice in the category

Anyone else not liking this? The idea makes sense but making it permanent is weird. Even real people want to be praised much less very loyal slaves
How about if we add one extra effective use per decade?

dbxhfl452

Apr 15, 2022
How slowly? Mechanically, what I proposed is identical to what you proposed except that I was specific with “per decade”.
I guess I first misunderstood what you said. I thought decade like how it works IRL. So effective in day 39, 40 and then 50 and so on. But it seems like you just mean that it will be effective again after 10 days of last using it.

Anyways I think that's still a bit weird because there are three different degrees of moral encouragement. It doesn't seem realistic to me that sparing approval, which is barely positive, and weighty compliment, when the slaver is almost throwing themselves at the slave out of hapiness, both suddenly switch to effective after 10 days.

Maybe different time period for the 3 makes more sense?

Like 4 days for sparing approval, 8 days for praise, 12 days for weighty compliment.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
This idea is a lot more work and probably hard to do but ideally verbal rewards should be tailored to the slave
just like how the final intimate reward is giving her a special reward
sparringly approve can be effective vs new slave
but if we are dealing with obedient/devoted slaves the reward tier and flavor texts should be different
new slave gets approval from doing what is told even though clumsily
more refined slave gets approval from doing what is told well with diligent

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes