Dragonsfury90

Aug 28, 2018
The slaves are now all coded into the game. Here was the problem, 3000 slaves = 50 seconds of time whenever doing saves, and that comes from the Engine. So we made a compromise and there'll be around 1800 slaves instead (it's still a large number right? ;) ).
The new UI is being done. It necessitates to change the backgrounds picture sizes, so we completely changed them and tried to make them more lore friendly (for exemple, in the Spire, the description says "techno-janissaries", and the image was ONE bald dark angel girl with a dark moon behind).
We don't have many things left to do, but they might take some time. We've made some huge progress this month.

In an ideal world, the game is out the 30th of September. But expect us to be late. There isn't much else I can do, all there is left is in the capable hands of Powerairmax. :)
that was the one "bug" i ran into playing, i couldnt remember what the heck each thing was, so if i went to see a doc i had to go to everything to find it, same with purchasing stuff lol

Smartbadger

Aug 6, 2018
The slaves are now all coded into the game. Here was the problem, 3000 slaves = 50 seconds of time whenever doing saves, and that comes from the Engine. So we made a compromise and there'll be around 1800 slaves instead (it's still a large number right? ;) ).
The new UI is being done. It necessitates to change the backgrounds picture sizes, so we completely changed them and tried to make them more lore friendly (for exemple, in the Spire, the description says "techno-janissaries", and the image was ONE bald dark angel girl with a dark moon behind).
We don't have many things left to do, but they might take some time. We've made some huge progress this month.

In an ideal world, the game is out the 30th of September. But expect us to be late. There isn't much else I can do, all there is left is in the capable hands of Powerairmax. :)
Excellent - I am really looking forwards to this release!

Any chance we could get an addon/mod with the extra slaves at some point, for those of us who grew up in a time when saving *any* game took several minutes, so won't be bothered by an extra 50 seconds? Not trying to sound greedy - just curious ;)

Thanks for putting all this work in to make a good game better.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Excellent - I am really looking forwards to this release!

Any chance we could get an addon/mod with the extra slaves at some point, for those of us who grew up in a time when saving *any* game took several minutes, so won't be bothered by an extra 50 seconds? Not trying to sound greedy - just curious ;)

Thanks for putting all this work in to make a good game better.
50 seconds of load time is huge, you are brave ^^ Adding back 1000 other slaves will be time costly, there must be a big demand for it. But that can happen. :)

zottel

Jul 7, 2017
50 seconds of load time is huge, you are brave ^^ Adding back 1000 other slaves will be time costly, there must be a big demand for it. But that can happen. :)
if you already had the other 2.000 it would be a shame to throw them away. maybe its an option to offer them as a replacement? So you can exchange the default 1.000 slaves with pack two or three of the remaining 2.000 slaves? So you have only 1.000 one at a time, but can change the images with pack two or three if you already saw most of the slaves from the default pack and like to see some new content?

Reactions: JBS_JBS

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
if you already had the other 2.000 it would be a shame to throw them away. maybe its an option to offer them as a replacement? So you can exchange the default 1.000 slaves with pack two or three of the remaining 2.000 slaves? So you have only 1.000 one at a time, but can change the images with pack two or three if you already saw most of the slaves from the default pack and like to see some new content?
That wouldn't be as effortless. The slaves pictures were created, but coding the slaves into the game take more time.

Anyway, the sex scenes are the same for every slave of the same age and the same hair color, meaning no sexual content will be cut out from the game.

Speaking about sexual, it turns out that 971 full body images out of 1600 are censored. PAM was used to censored visual novels and didn't care much about censoring. But as a development team, now we do care; We want the game to be fully uncensored no matter what. Meaning we have to redraw 971 vaginas by hand.

So that's a delay. We're looking at around 1,5 or 2 months more more before the 2.0 release. We'll do our best, and our quickest. Wish us good luck ^^

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
What do you think about a beta version of the current state? It gives gamer the opportunity to test your work and you may can get some helpful feedback.
It's a good idea, we'll try to release a beta!

We'll have to rollback the UI, apply some of the last bugfixes, and have the beta be released for the next seven days.

We will release the beta elsewhere than on F95, on the most "official" web page this game has. However, we'll count on your feedback here, on this very topic ;)

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
About the delay, something to do with json files? Read somewhere in the thread that Powerairmax had accidentally created 28,740 json files. If only json files could be eliminated.

guys i think i need someone's help with something, cause i don't know what's doing what but for some reason the game savefile is 50mb for me, even when i remove everything and just start the game bare bones with no json files loaded or images to load, it still savefile size is 50mb so if someone can send me a fresh copy of the game without the content folder that has the actual meat of the game i would appreciate it
by the good'old process of back-tracing elimination, backup and revert what you changed till the problem is solved and there lies culprit, the json files read from 1 to 2874 but the last one had an extra digit so the game was trying to save an extra couple thousands of non-existent slaves so basically yea i brute forced the game into submission
Have you guys tested long playthrough with 1800 slaves? Saving time at startup is much much shorter than saving time after long playthrough. And that's in version 1.8 with just 430 slaves.

It's a good idea, we'll try to release a beta!

We'll have to rollback the UI, apply some of the last bugfixes, and have the beta be released for the next seven days.

We will release the beta elsewhere than on F95, on the most "official" web page this game has. However, we'll count on your feedback here, on this very topic ;)
Agree with beta. How about releasing an additional version with just the qsp file for testing purposes? Since that would be beta expect changes on the qsp file from feedback.

As you can see from all the positive reactions and feedback, lots of people don't mind waiting for a quality product. ;)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
About the delay, something to do with json files? Read somewhere in the thread that Powerairmax had accidentally created 28,740 json files. If only json files could be eliminated.
He told me that the QSP engine is heavily modded for Jack-ONT, and that the solution would be to port the game to the most recent version, or smth. But we'd be talking about months of further delay in that case.

Have you guys tested long playthrough with 1800 slaves? Saving time at startup is much much shorter than saving time after long playthrough. And that's in version 1.8 with just 430 slaves.
Good question. We've tested something curious though, it's that having the game on an SSD didn't speed up the save time... And that's on 1.7.5. So yeah, that's why a beta is a good idea, feedbacks will tell us all we need to know.

Agree with beta. How about releasing an additional version with just the qsp file for testing purposes? Since that would be beta expect changes on the qsp file from feedback.
Just the QSP file? I don't understand the benefit. The beta will have everything, and will be playable. Any limit of testing purpose to that?

As you can see from all the positive reactions and feedback, lots of people don't mind waiting for a quality product. ;)
Well there was a lot of sad emojis ^^ That's what convinced me that having a beta would be a good idea, even if I hate not being able to deliver a final product.

Smartbadger

Aug 6, 2018
Well there was a lot of sad emojis ^^ That's what convinced me that having a beta would be a good idea, even if I hate not being able to deliver a final product.
We may be sad the delay has to happen, after thinking it was coming soon - but we still support you guys and want to see the final product be everything you hoped it would be. It's worth waiting for.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Durpledore

Modder
Jun 29, 2018
when the new version releases i hope someone will update the cheat menu/slave editor mod. i can't play the game without it. I have the old .qsp file and menu icon installed if someone needs it.

lightpurple

May 19, 2019
Speaking about sexual, it turns out that 971 full body images out of 1600 are censored. PAM was used to censored visual novels and didn't care much about censoring. But as a development team, now we do care; We want the game to be fully uncensored no matter what. Meaning we have to redraw 971 vaginas by hand.
A deep learning model to undo censoring ought to exist... A quick duckduckgo gives deeppomf/DeepCreamPy on github and according to the readme uncenoring hentai is what it's made for, so perhaps it could make things easier?

• Wow
Reactions: qwertyu12359

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
He told me that the QSP engine is heavily modded for Jack-ONT, and that the solution would be to port the game to the most recent version, or smth. But we'd be talking about months of further delay in that case.
In that case don't mind sticking with QSP.

Good question. We've tested something curious though, it's that having the game on an SSD didn't speed up the save time... And that's on 1.7.5. So yeah, that's why a beta is a good idea, feedbacks will tell us all we need to know.
Forgot on what page it was in the HongFire thread (there are dozens of pages there), but the developers then were complaining about SSD not helping speed up the save as well and yeah there was also someone there complaining about the game getting bloated over time.

Just the QSP file? I don't understand the benefit. The beta will have everything, and will be playable. Any limit of testing purpose to that?
Sorry for not clarifying. Meant the main beta will include everything, including all the pictures. Let's call that beta 0.0. Will probably be several GBs in size. The qsp file will be periodically updated to reflect feedback and will then be beta 0.1, 0.2, etc. everytime it's updated. But its size will just be several MBs rather than GBs.

You guys are already doing much by keeping this up for months of nonstop frustration with mods, players and whatnot. And you are releasing a beta. Several released mods for Jack-ONT didn't bother releasing betas and look how they ended up with fatal errors and screwed up combat.

Besides, aren't most COMMERCIAL software products still in beta? ;) Just think of all the hilarious youtube videos of bugs in popular games.

Last edited:

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
A deep learning model to undo censoring ought to exist... A quick duckduckgo gives deeppomf/DeepCreamPy on github and according to the readme uncenoring hentai is what it's made for, so perhaps it could make things easier?
Could work.

As the github readme says, it doesn't work well with heavy censorship. In the examples above, it works really well with light to moderate censorship (mostly bars). But not for heavy mosaic censorships. Thanks for suggesting this though.

Last edited:

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Do we use 1.8 with 1.7.5 or 1.7.6?

Edit - Well, I had 1.7.6 and combined it with that... Seems to work fine

Edit 2 - Suggestion
Could you make it so that new slaves have Weight Stable instead of Nutritionist as the default
Nutritionist are stupidly expensive and can be crippling... Having to remember to change every single slave down is a little annoying too. Most slaves, even S+ slaves in the mid/late game are just fine with Weight Stable.

Last edited:

dx5000

Jun 3, 2018
As someone that has never played this game and wants to, how do I get this 1.8 version? I am so lost.o_O

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes