qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Kind of confused about General Carney's requirements, slave is on max intellect but he's still saying she's not smart enough....
It's charm that she's lacking, not intellect.

The original developer's purpose was to show that charm is a kind of ineffable thing, that clients don't even know what they want, and that by the time you reach the generals you as a player should know better

But 8 years of online complains make me think otherwise ^^ Next version will have redone refusal quotes. (y)

Reactions: ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oct 29, 2020
It's charm that she's lacking, not intellect.

The original developer's purpose was to show that charm is a kind of ineffable thing, that clients don't even know what they want, and that by the time you reach the generals you as a player should know better

But 8 years of online complains make me think otherwise ^^ Next version will have redone refusal quotes. (y)
Ohhhhh, thank you, I wasn't too sure what I was doing wrong.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I think it's best to keep the dialogue intact and add narrator tips in parathesis.
This is a good general advice and I don't entirely dismiss it. But I think in this particular case it isn't a better solution than tweaking the dialogues directly.

1) We didn't have close to intact dialogues until... soon. Because the game seemingly was machine translated from Russian, with homonyms confusions. Think Isabella's backstory when she tells you she "was a always tomboy until [her] parents died" while in the original she meant turbulent kid; this is one of many translation losses.

2) Admittedly some players can be lame when they ask to tone down the difficulty when it should be their job to adapt. But in this case they are correct to point out this is "intentionally misleading" kind of difficulty. This isn't a whim, it's addressing one of the few game design "flaws". Yes, we are conservative and want to protect the legacy, but at the same time there's demand for change even from veterans exactly because the game isn't perfect (but still amazing).

3) This section of the game was kind of rushed, it seems. Most refusal quotes are copy-pasted from each other, and not enough were created based on the numbers of different refusals. Which means you will read the same sentence if your slave is wounded, exhausted (red energy stars), has low endurance (D- or F-), is recovering from surgery, or is mindbroken. Most of the vagueness could be attributed to that, I speculate that Old Huntsman would end up changing the quotes had he possessed unlimited motivation and access to the forum complains (it's not like he released one version and that was it; he continued to provide updates for a while until he stopped, so he might have been opened to feedback and criticism).

4) Narrator tips within dialogues are unprecedented (I think?). We've experienced introducing pop-up tips in 2.2.2 and they were intrusive, annoying (especially on second playthroughs), they halted the immersion, and felt infantilizing. I think tips between parenthesis will offer the same symptoms at a slightly lesser degree. | The other solution would be diary entries where the player shows his disbelief of the refusal quote, that works a lot better for immersion but would be too invisible.

Here's the previous behind the scene where I explain some of my choices. I think it'll improve the game flow enough to be worth the dialogue tweak.

I can share every change and we can review the dialogues altogether to make sure the inclusion of the charm requirement doesn't feel stilted.

Demonofthedeep

Dec 30, 2023
Start every new slave with explain position, because it raises awareness.
To boost her mood, get her some clothes, rubber gloves, and soft slippers. Then you can try encourage, which is perhaps the easiest way to boost her mood to at least calm in the early days.

The essential point is to choose something to train that the slave is unlikely to reject, simple things like train acrobatics with athletic leotard on. Once you get the slave to accept training, whatever it may be, it all gets easier from then on.

Just be wary that mood is a strong determinant in the early days whether the slave accepts training or not. If shes not at least calm, I would hold off on the training and try raising her fear to at least 2 or 3.
Ooooohhh! okay, I didn't buy her any clothes (since it was very first day). Will definitely give it a try next time! As an aside: why rubber gloves specifically? And where do i get those? the boutique in trade square? Or somewhere else?

Are you sure that it was the "explain" action specifically that caused her mood to drop from calm to depressed? Because that shouldn't actually be possible.

Have you completed the tutorial successfully? In the tutorial there is an "info" button next to the slave portrait that shows you the details of her aura (which you can also see in the normal game after you acquire a certain artifact). You can use that to observe the before/after effects of each action and get a better feel for the mechanics.

Here are some tips that may help you: https://f95zone.to/posts/11173635/
Yeah, I used "explain position" as Milord, and it instantly tanked the mood of any slave I tried it with. They are always depressed, or the one right above depressed. Didn't matter what slave I tried it with, any slave where i got the "your words seem to have had an effect on her" blurb (dunno the exact wording right now), they would always lose any good mood they might have had.
The only slaves where that didn't happen, where the ones that refused to listen at all.
Finished the tutorial successfully (I chose the MILF one), and had no issues there.

Maybe it's because I didn't give the slaves clothes? (they were all completely naked, straight from slavemarket/guild)

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Ooooohhh! okay, I didn't buy her any clothes (since it was very first day). Will definitely give it a try next time! As an aside: why rubber gloves specifically? And where do i get those? the boutique in trade square? Or somewhere else?
Yes, its from that shop, boutique in trade square, under gloves.

Rubber gloves is cheap, thats usually why. You can give other gloves of course, but rubber gloves is just standard for me. Clothes have other effects aside from boosting mood, have a read in the wiki as to what they do, just be aware that the wiki is a tad outdated, still better than nothing.

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
I finally, FINALLY, have enough Free Time to start another Playthrough and write a new Guide soon. I have something exciting for our newer Players in Store - keep your eyes open :)

While playing the last few Days i had a few random thoughts about the Game and some things that could be cool additions. I Spoiler them but would be cool if you nice people could read them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Phew that is a looong List as usual for me i am the wordy type. I know nothing about Programming or anything like that but i would be willing to help where i can: Writing, Brainstorming, coming up with Ideas or whatever else you'd need me for. I'd love to be a bit more involved if you want.

And last but not least a question: How the Fuck can i get rid of the Frigid Trait? I searched the Thread and tried giving Tons of Orgasms. 20 Days consecutive Active Sex with Hundreds of Orgasms given. Alchemy Potions, Untrained Fiend Milking which makes them Cum. I tried everything over long Period of Time. Maybe you can't change this trait? That would suck, i want my Wilhelmine to be as depraved as i am. Hehe.

Until next Time, i will have a nice Guide in Tow when i come back. See you my fellow degenerates

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
And last but not least a question: How the Fuck can i get rid of the Frigid Trait? I searched the Thread and tried giving Tons of Orgasms. 20 Days consecutive Active Sex with Hundreds of Orgasms given
Keep at it. Each Active Sex episode contributes at most 3 points towards the 200 threshold. Orgasms outside Active Sex also contribute.

Reactions: krustus

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
Keep at it. Each Active Sex episode contributes at most 3 points towards the 200 threshold. Orgasms outside Active Sex also contribute.
With Episode you mean the Full Active Sex Session or does every Orgasm durign Active Serx count as well? Propably not, right? Then the Trait would be already gone. Hmmm but good to know that there is a way!

EroOuji

Sep 28, 2020
I seem to always go bankrupt after about 200 days, sometimes its because I make a mistake like trying to train a sub-optimal girl (too stubborn, unhealthy, dumb, or the guild gave me slave that didn't match the rank and I didn't notice, lol...). But even without that, I slowly bleed cash until I get booted back to the slums.

Should I be able to survive by training D/C girls, or should I get to B and up as quick as possible?

I feel like my turn-around is too slow, but I'm usually able to turn things in well within the deadline. Should guild contracts be enough to stay in business, or do I need to find better buyers?

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
I seem to always go bankrupt after about 200 days, sometimes its because I make a mistake like trying to train a sub-optimal girl (too stubborn, unhealthy, dumb, or the guild gave me slave that didn't match the rank and I didn't notice, lol...). But even without that, I slowly bleed cash until I get booted back to the slums.

Should I be able to survive by training D/C girls, or should I get to B and up as quick as possible?

I feel like my turn-around is too slow, but I'm usually able to turn things in well within the deadline. Should guild contracts be enough to stay in business, or do I need to find better buyers?
Its much easier to sustain yourself by training slaves up to higher ranks where they more than make up for the cost of training

Cs bring good money but Ds usually small if any at all. If your slaver is good enough for it, always go for selling higher ranked slaves.

Reactions: EroOuji

krustus

Feb 21, 2022

I think when you have your own Apartement after leaving the Slums Guild Contracts aren't worth it anymore. If you manage to sell one B+ Slave in the Auctions before going Bankrupt you are good top go financially for the rest of the Game. Selling just one will give you a hefty Safety Net of Sparks, and if you sell anoither one aftrer that you shopuldn't run into Moneyproblems for the rest of the Game. Of course you still need to be smart with how you spend your Sparks and what kind of Slaves you train.

If you aren't able to train B+ Slaves in a timely manner (Between 50-60 days for an early Game Slaver) focus on selling a few C+ Slaves in the Auctions. They will sell for a lot of Sparks - my last C+ one sold for around 3k Sparks - and that should be more than enough to keep you afloat. If you need a Finance boost you can also always get Isabella from the Slums, remove her Scar, give her Stylish and Exotic clothing and sell her as is without any Training. She should give you almost 4k Sparks in the Auction. That alone is enough to enable you to train B+ Slaves without much Timepressure.

Good Luck!

Biggus Dingus

Mar 26, 2023
Thought I would give this game a try again after not touching it in many years. Was a bit confused about where I should be looking to get the most up to date complete version.

Is the download in the OP the same as the "Base" version in the Mods & More thread? (or the loli version / patched version)
What are the main additions in the modded version? I didn't really see anything except an outfit system. Apparently most of the mods are in the base version now? Has the dialog been improved since years past?

I skimmed through the images folder, and it looks like we're still using the same old "borrowed" artwork of questionable quality that I remember from years ago. I did see some mention of using AI art. Is that something that's being worked on and not yet implemented?

I've been pretty involved with AI art myself over the last year or so, and can see how this game would be just a perfect place to use it. It is very easy to write a single prompt including multiple variables (hair color, length, age etc) and have it spit out an iamge for each variation. The hard part is filtering the images to pick the best ones..

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes