4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

OllisNews

Jul 21, 2020
Of course, I am also waiting for an update. But I am no longer willing to wait for promises. I don't give a cent more for announcements.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Hey guys, shocking news! Jessica O'Neil calls stoperArt :WaitWhat:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is perfect man, now we just got to get one of Sophia calling L$P telling him 6 years is long enough to wait to get laid by someone other than her 3 minute man hubby

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Not sure why stoper's income is the topic again, but some of y'all seem to forget that stoper has to pay taxes, and Patreon is taking a cut aswell. So, his net income is far from $2000 a month.

Patreon takes 5% of their creators subscription money. Then there's payment processing, currency conversion, payout fees and taxes. That leaves stoper with roughly $1200 net income a month. One of the reasons why I'm pretty sure he's working on other projects, even though he says this is what he's doing fulltime. That's in my opinion why updates are taking forever, not all the other nonsense he's coming up with. Other projects or sources of income make him lazy, but he'd obviously never say that as it would result in less free patron money every month.

As for the average in Italy, it's like Bullx said. That calculation doesn't mean anything as the gap between poor and rich is so massive, yet the majority of people in most (if not all) countries are on the lower end.
I agree with everything. I too think Stoper is probably doing paid works for others, because his software setup (and knowledge) is so overkill for a VN. He uses: DAZ Studio, iray, Marvelous Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop, V-Ray, Cinema 4D. Those license are not cheap. Most VN developers use only DAZ Studio, very few post produce the renderings with Photoshop. Almost nobody uses other software.
But there is also another aspect: using all these "extra" software takes a lot of time. So we have to consider that producing a single image could take him much more time compared to the average developer.

johnsmith066

Jan 21, 2022
Hi everyone i just finshed making several assets for my vn to be, i attached a sample of my work, i just wanted to know from you guys if it's ok or not. My planned game would have its main categories towards swinging , sharing, and old man, Thanks!

P.s. i made it via sketchbook for android Screenshot_20230817_222143_Gallery.jpg

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I agree with everything. I too think Stoper is probably doing paid works for others, because his software setup (and knowledge) is so overkill for a VN. He uses: DAZ Studio, iray, Marvelous Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop, V-Ray, Cinema 4D. Those license are not cheap. Most VN developers use only DAZ Studio, very few post produce the renderings with Photoshop. Almost nobody uses other software.
But there is also another aspect: using all these "extra" software takes a lot of time. So we have to consider that producing a single image could take him much more time compared to the average developer.
Absolutely. But it's overkill and reaches the point of not just Diminishing Returns but actually Negative Returns. This industry is drowning in low effort art, but it's also getting starved of good art. It isn't long-term sustainable that the games with the best art only release one or two updates a year.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Absolutely. But it's overkill and reaches the point of not just Diminishing Returns but actually Negative Returns. This industry is drowning in low effort art, but it's also getting starved of good art. It isn't long-term sustainable that the games with the best art only release one or two updates a year.
I agree.

I talked to Stoper a bit about it and he said he was going to set up time jumps.

Because at this rate, it will take him years to move the story forward, let alone finish it!

So much can happen in life that the chances of going all the way are scarce if he continues at this pace.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I agree.

I talked to Stoper a bit about it and he said he was going to set up time jumps.

Because at this rate, it will take him years to move the story forward, let alone finish it!

So much can happen in life that the chances of going all the way are scarce if he continues at this pace.
Time jumps will help the story's pacing, but it does nothing to quicken development. It's too late to save this game, but maybe other devs can learn from this example and execute better development strategies.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I agree.

Time jump out of Conners bed to Mr Parker’s, Tommy’s or bbc guy,or Rosa’s or lesbian from coffee shop. been so long I forget the others names

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
It's negative returns from a business perspective, yes, because most people do not care about such high level of quality in the images, they do not even notice the difference.
For example, Stoper uses ZBrush to correct a widespread problem for DAZ users (clothes not fitting tightly to bodies). A problem which, when I sometimes point it out on other VNs (Being a DIK is plagued with that), hardly anyone sees it. They don't see while playing, they aren't able to notice when shown.
If you want to reach a large audience, you have to compromise on quality (or simply don't look for too many refinements), focusing instead on quantity and then frequency of updates.
The question, in the case of Stoper, is that he - I think - gives maximum importance to the artistic side, while the economic side, the turnover, interests him relatively. I sincerely have no problems with Stoper's vision, indeed I really appreciate his art, I find it worth the wait, but this is because I don't pay anything. If I paid every month, I'd ask myself a few questions, unless I was a very wealthy benefactor. I don't pay anything for this game (or others) but ironically, if Stoper did a course on how he works and how he uses the various software, I'd be really tempted to sign up, if the cost was affordable for me.

I'll give it a try
Thank you for informing everybody about that. That's great, we had been waiting for you to download this game for years. Everyone here has been asking for months: why CodeSlingerJames is not trying JOHN? Stoper has halted development because, I quote him "if CodeSlingerJames does not even try my game, my game is useless, I feel depressed". Therefore I think this is great news, Stoper will soon publish an update because he has found motivation to go on! You are our saviour!

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
It's negative returns from a business perspective, yes, because most people do not care about such high level of quality in the images, they do not even notice the difference.
For example, Stoper uses ZBrush to correct a widespread problem for DAZ users (clothes not fitting tightly to bodies). A problem which, when I sometimes point it out on other VNs (Being a DIK is plagued with that), hardly anyone sees it. They don't see while playing, they aren't able to notice when shown.
If you want to reach a large audience, you have to compromise on quality (or simply don't look for too many refinements), focusing instead on quantity and then frequency of updates.
That's nice and all, but doesn't explain in the slightest why stoper's renders had been high quality from the very beginning, yet he was still able to release updates within 2-3 months time. When people come here arguing that development is so slow because of his render quality, I always have to ask myself if they played early updates. Stoper always had an eye for details, he's always worked with different tools and still was able to provide 10 times the amount of content compared to now.

He's simply put not truthful to his supporters. He's not working on this nearly as much as he claims. His constant excuses as to why he can't work for several months after EVERY goddamn release are just that; excuses and lies. And much of it has been proven, especially within the past ~3 years. Stoper's statements and reality are two very much different things.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes