4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
You must be new if you think you won't have to wait for various characters and their relationships to move forward, there are particualr days where Jessica will meet someone and stoper shifts those days if he can't manage to fit them in time for release. People have been waiting for the Mayor event for a long time, some even from the time the game was released.
Thank you :)
Yes I just read the first 11 days ! ;)
It is only my vision, since I am only starting to wait ... Maybe some relationships will be abandoned and others developed?

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
You must be new if you think you won't have to wait for various characters and their relationships to move forward, there are particualr days where Jessica will meet someone and stoper shifts those days if he can't manage to fit them in time for release. People have been waiting for the Mayor event for a long time, some even from the time the game was released.
As a good AWAM player, we know what it's like to wait. :ROFLMAO:
And then wait for such a result from Stoper, it's worth it ;)

Lordton

Feb 24, 2018
Regarding the hypothesis that Conner is the vigilante.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To conclude I'd like to say that even if it turns out Conner is the vigilante I think it would be a cool relationship dynamic to have with Jessica, kind of reminds me of Mr & Mrs Smith. That analogy can fit particularly well depending on how you play your Jessica, Conner is secretly kicking gangsters while Jessica is secretly fucking everything that moves. Now I wouldn't be so arrogant to say I figured out the plot Stoper is going for, but I'd also like to encourage him to stick with his guns even if someone manages to figure out the mystery. Writers who change the answer of a mystery simply because people figured it out shoot themselves in the foot, because it is a sign of a good mystery if there are sufficient clues that point in the right direction otherwise it risks making absolutely no sense.

Thanks for reading this massive wall of text, stranger, I appreciate your time and attention! Have a great day!

Last edited:

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020

I was convinced of this quite early in my very first playthrough and that's one where I gave Victor the HJ, so I miss out on all the other clues heavily pointing to Conner. After playing that other path though I'm not so sure anymore, I feel like everything points too strongly at him now.

In the path where you give Victor the HJ, there have been hints and small clues that Conner could potentially be the vigilante. Some of those hints/clues that sort of add up are: Soldier background, he likes superheroes, he's often gone late at night, he snoops on Jessica's computer after she retrieves video footage of the vigilante, he discourages Jessica from pursuing the vigilante, visual description from the seller fits (except the tattoo is on the wrong arm but Jessica sort of implants that choice) and he doesn't seem to like socializing with politicians(perhaps he feels they are too much talk and too little action). All of these things are very vague and coincidental, there are also some contradictions in them as well like the tattoo being on the wrong arm. However, with the tattoo example, one can also motivate that the way of extracting that information was flimsy at best, the seller was very unsure and Jessica basically planted the idea by suggesting it.

Considering many of those points I brought up are very vague and unspecific they could really go either way. I think that's also why I believed in the hypothesis more, it felt like the clues were there but at the same time it felt like we were being led away from him as a possibility but the manner in which we were being led away from him was flimsy in of itself. I thought Conner would be the vigilante, the clues were there, but that the story would make us believe it wasn't him with the general ambiguity of the clues as well as the examples like the tattoo being on the wrong arm.

Now after playing the other path where you refuse to give Victor the HJ, this is a completely different story. Now Jessica herself actually suspects Conner. This coupled with the fact that Conner seemingly shows up at the warehouse with his car puts a lot of suspicion on Conner. Funnily enough this makes me think it's not him. There is suddenly too much focus on him being the vigilante, there is still of course a load of questions if he actually truly is. These questions also enhance my belief that it's not him. Why would Conner revisit the warehouse in the first place? With his own recognizable car? Seems odd.

All these speculations have been without the giant spanner in the works, something that's been nagging me since the start. At the start of the game we're told that Conner came back the day before while at the very first meeting at the New Port Gazette we're informed that the vigilante has already been operating for an entire month. I find it unlikely that Conner would have purposefully stayed away from his beloved Jessica for an entire month while operating as the vigilante. I therefore have two other hypothesis regarding Conner's involvement with the vigilante, equally as vague and quite frankly purely speculation.

First hypothesis: The Veteran's Center is the key. We don't know much about the vigilante and there isn't much to go on in terms of his appearance. I think it's a possibility that the vigilante could actually be multiple people posing as one. This might be debunked when we get further into the plot yet even in that case I would argue that it could still be someone at the Veteran's Center, even if it's just one person. What better place to facilitate that idea than the Veteran's Center? Loads of combat trained veteran soldiers with little to do, sick of the criminal wave that plagues the city. Although I think it's a possibility Conner could already be clued into this and is actually helping the vigilantes in their work, it's not the approach I'm going for. The angle I'm thinking of is that Conner gets asked to do various jobs that aids the vigilantes' goals without knowing himself. I think the reason he shows up at the warehouse and why he snoops on Jessica's findings is that he has started to suspect that someone or some of them, at the center, are involved with the vigilante. He is therefore doing his own investigation to confirm his suspicions. I think this hypothesis is the one that works best with all the previously mentioned clues and contradictions.

Second hypothesis: Conner admires the vigilante because he is a fan of superhero comics. This could be enough to lead him to be fascinated by the vigilante. Think of him as a fan, wanting to meet or potentially even help him in his chivalrous duties. Why would he discourage Jessica to pursue the vigilante then? Well maybe he understands the danger Jessica would put herself in and therefore thinks he is a better candidate for tracking him down, or he simply fears she would expose him. My angle with this hypothesis is that the vigilante is actually a former brother in arms to Conner, however Conner obviously wouldn't know this yet even if that was the case. This hypothesis doesn't have much legs to stand on but it's still swirling about in my head so I thought I'd mention it.

To conclude I'd like to say that even if it turns out Conner is the vigilante I think it would be a cool relationship dynamic to have with Jessica, kind of reminds me of Mr & Mrs Smith. That analogy can fit particularly well depending on how you play your Jessica, Conner is secretly kicking gangsters while Jessica is secretly fucking everything that moves. Now I wouldn't be so arrogant to say I figured out the plot Stoper is going for, but I'd also like to encourage him to stick with his guns even if someone manages to figure out the mystery. Writers who change the answer of a mystery simply because people figured it out shoot themselves in the foot, because it is a sign of a good mystery if there are sufficient clues that point in the right direction otherwise it risks making absolutely no sense.

Thanks for reading this massive wall of text, stranger, I appreciate your time and attention! Have a great day!
Hello. I like your analysis but pease edit it and put SPOILER alerts on it for newcommers.

I might be wrong but I think it is said that Conner came back for a bit more than a month before Jessica first day at the Gazette.

Last edited:

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020

I was convinced of this quite early in my very first playthrough and that's one where I gave Victor the HJ, so I miss out on all the other clues heavily pointing to Conner. After playing that other path though I'm not so sure anymore, I feel like everything points too strongly at him now.

In the path where you give Victor the HJ, there have been hints and small clues that Conner could potentially be the vigilante. Some of those hints/clues that sort of add up are: Soldier background, he likes superheroes, he's often gone late at night, he snoops on Jessica's computer after she retrieves video footage of the vigilante, he discourages Jessica from pursuing the vigilante, visual description from the seller fits (except the tattoo is on the wrong arm but Jessica sort of implants that choice) and he doesn't seem to like socializing with politicians(perhaps he feels they are too much talk and too little action). All of these things are very vague and coincidental, there are also some contradictions in them as well like the tattoo being on the wrong arm. However, with the tattoo example, one can also motivate that the way of extracting that information was flimsy at best, the seller was very unsure and Jessica basically planted the idea by suggesting it.

Considering many of those points I brought up are very vague and unspecific they could really go either way. I think that's also why I believed in the hypothesis more, it felt like the clues were there but at the same time it felt like we were being led away from him as a possibility but the manner in which we were being led away from him was flimsy in of itself. I thought Conner would be the vigilante, the clues were there, but that the story would make us believe it wasn't him with the general ambiguity of the clues as well as the examples like the tattoo being on the wrong arm.

Now after playing the other path where you refuse to give Victor the HJ, this is a completely different story. Now Jessica herself actually suspects Conner. This coupled with the fact that Conner seemingly shows up at the warehouse with his car puts a lot of suspicion on Conner. Funnily enough this makes me think it's not him. There is suddenly too much focus on him being the vigilante, there is still of course a load of questions if he actually truly is. These questions also enhance my belief that it's not him. Why would Conner revisit the warehouse in the first place? With his own recognizable car? Seems odd.

All these speculations have been without the giant spanner in the works, something that's been nagging me since the start. At the start of the game we're told that Conner came back the day before while at the very first meeting at the New Port Gazette we're informed that the vigilante has already been operating for an entire month. I find it unlikely that Conner would have purposefully stayed away from his beloved Jessica for an entire month while operating as the vigilante. I therefore have two other hypothesis regarding Conner's involvement with the vigilante, equally as vague and quite frankly purely speculation.

First hypothesis: The Veteran's Center is the key. We don't know much about the vigilante and there isn't much to go on in terms of his appearance. I think it's a possibility that the vigilante could actually be multiple people posing as one. This might be debunked when we get further into the plot yet even in that case I would argue that it could still be someone at the Veteran's Center, even if it's just one person. What better place to facilitate that idea than the Veteran's Center? Loads of combat trained veteran soldiers with little to do, sick of the criminal wave that plagues the city. Although I think it's a possibility Conner could already be clued into this and is actually helping the vigilantes in their work, it's not the approach I'm going for. The angle I'm thinking of is that Conner gets asked to do various jobs that aids the vigilantes' goals without knowing himself. I think the reason he shows up at the warehouse and why he snoops on Jessica's findings is that he has started to suspect that someone or some of them, at the center, are involved with the vigilante. He is therefore doing his own investigation to confirm his suspicions. I think this hypothesis is the one that works best with all the previously mentioned clues and contradictions.

Second hypothesis: Conner admires the vigilante because he is a fan of superhero comics. This could be enough to lead him to be fascinated by the vigilante. Think of him as a fan, wanting to meet or potentially even help him in his chivalrous duties. Why would he discourage Jessica to pursue the vigilante then? Well maybe he understands the danger Jessica would put herself in and therefore thinks he is a better candidate for tracking him down, or he simply fears she would expose him. My angle with this hypothesis is that the vigilante is actually a former brother in arms to Conner, however Conner obviously wouldn't know this yet even if that was the case. This hypothesis doesn't have much legs to stand on but it's still swirling about in my head so I thought I'd mention it.

Lordton

Feb 24, 2018
I might be wrong but I think it is said that Conner came back for a bit more than a month before Jessica first day at the Gazette.
Direct quote from Jessica on the first day in her shower: "Oh god, he touched me like this last night, when he came back home. He kissed me like when we first started dating."
Direct quote from Jessica at the New Port Gazette: "They're talking about that guy going around beating up criminals. He showed up a month ago, stopping a warehouse heist. The police found the robbers tied and bloodied inside the place."

Thanks for the kind words!

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
Direct quote from Jessica on the first day in her shower: "Oh god, he touched me like this last night, when he came back home. He kissed me like when we first started dating."
Direct quote from Jessica at the New Port Gazette: "They're talking about that guy going around beating up criminals. He showed up a month ago, stopping a warehouse heist. The police found the robbers tied and bloodied inside the place."

Thanks for the kind words!

Thank you for clearing up this little problem of understanding :)
Even if not everyone likes it, speculation is a way to wait for the sequel and pay homage to JOHN

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
While Connor's a bear who would do anything to protect his cub, he's doesn't seem to act like a snake worming its way through the corrupt underground. He might know that something is up or has an idea but he's definitely not the vigilante in my book. He's not shrewed enough for that - and Superman doesn't hide in the shadows.
If we've already seen the vigilante my money is on Connor's buddy from the military or the guy Jessica gave an optional handjob to.

Then again, we don't know at what point in the story we are. It would certainly hurt the plot if stoper would just pull the vigilante out of thin air so let's hope he gets introdruced in the next upcoming events for the reason that the reveal itself shouldn't be the focal point of the story. His relationship with Jessica and what she does with the information is what will give us more femme fatale and less beating around the bush.

Reactions: TheGag

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
You are right.
Stoper validate your claim. Conner really came back the day before DAY 01.
I though she was saying "...when he came back home" (from the center).
:)

Reactions: TheGag

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
I continue on this speculation of who might or might not be the vigilante.
I'm just submitting a very personal idea, don't read on if you don't like this possibility of imagining the sequel while waiting for the true and unique route chosen by Stoper... ;)

I am not starting from the premise of knowing who the vigilante really is. I take up the idea that it could be linked to the veterans' center. And in this case I ask myself the question of a dilemma that this could pose to Jessica.
Let me explain: Jessica is a journalist and from this perspective, her goal is to reveal the name of the vigilante, or at least to meet him initially to write about his actions. We already know her ethics, which she takes very seriously: not betraying her sources, protecting information as much as she can ... I voluntarily forget to talk about the means of obtaining information (it depends on the choices of each of us). Stoper draws us the portrait of a journalist who wants to be serious and honest, who does not wish to write a subject to "sell paper".
If the vigilante belongs to the veterans center or at least revolves around it, it might be interesting to see how Jessica reacts as well. Will she have a problem? Who in her will have the upper hand: the journalist or the wife of a veteran? Of course, this is only a personal reflection, I say it again. I am aware that the choices made and still to be made may avert this dilemma. Without forgetting the influence that all the other journalists around her could have, starting with her mentor Mr. Parker. But given Stoper's attention to all the details of Jessica's profession, it struck me as interesting.

I await objections and criticisms (uh ... no lynching thank you :D)

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes