4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Definitely not this month. I mean, as far as I know, aside from few irrelevant fanarts not even tied to the game and a single render of Jess staring at her cheerleader outfit, he hasn't really shown us any real preview yet, or even talk about how the writing of the story and dialogues are progressing to begin with, or how much time proofreading is gonna take.
Forgive my broken English.
There is barely any preview for any of the updates so far.So nothing new.Everyone familiar with the game knows that.
Yes; probably between tomorrow and Saturday we would have another blog; then we will know better.
we hope well.
I get 4 more days for vacation(6 if I count Saturday and Sunday).
Let's hope we will get both JOHN and SU updates in next 5-6 days.

Reactions: Busted1201

pavlogrk

Nov 15, 2020
out of curiosity how much does he make by patreons ?
Cause i think he/she took a page out of lust and passions playbook regarding game updates!!!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
out of curiosity how much does he make by patreons ?
Cause i think he/she took a page out of lust and passions playbook regarding game updates!!!
you can check it at

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
he makes about 2400$ a month Lol !!!!
if u ever wonder why the take too long to upload updates .......Its all about MONEEEEYYYY!!!!
It's possible, but I doubt it. If it were really all about the money, he would probably be better off putting out updates more regularly. The developers who are highly consistent with their update schedule, and are transparent about their process, often get more support, at least from what I've seen. Developers who have long delays between updates or who don't communicate with their supporters are more likely to lose support from disgruntled patrons. That's my reading of the available data, at any rate.

Stoper does alright when it comes to communicating with supporters, but I think that he could make more money by releasing an update to JOHN every month or every other month. I definitely do not buy into the line of thinking which says that you make more money by stringing people along. Sure, some people can be strung along, maybe even indefinitely, but you'll attract more support by consistency and transparency. Good business practices are the best way to make money, in the long term.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mma456 and pavlogrk

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
well he works on 2 games and jess type graphics isn't rendered in month.
Stoper is a very experienced and exceptionally skilled digital artist. And based on comments he has made here and in his developer blog posts, it's safe to assume that he has a well defined workflow. I conclude from this that he would be perfectly capable of releasing a regular sized update to JOHN at least every two to three months, assuming that his writer can keep pace with his art production. I am convinced that the only thing which prevents him from releasing more regular updates is they way he divides his time and energy between so many projects. It looks to me like he has at least three different things going at any one time.

Personally, I think that it's a big mistake for Stoper to dissipate his artistic energy over multiple simultaneous projects. But, as the artist in question, he has the right to decide that for himself. I'll simply state that my financial support of Stoper will be only intermittent, until such time as I see that he is fully committing to completing a single project at a time.

*Edited for spelling

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: pavlogrk

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Stoper is a very experienced and exceptional skilled digital artist. And based on comments he has made here and in his developer blog posts, it's safe to assume that he has a well defined workflow. I conclude from this that he would be perfectly capable of releasing a regular sized update to JOHN at least every two to three months, assuming that his writer can keep pace with his art production. I am convinced that the only thing which prevents him from releasing more regular updates is they way he divides his time and energy between so many projects. It looks to me like he has at least three different things going at any one time.

Personally, I think that it's a big mistake for Stoper to dissipate his artistic energy over multiple simultaneous projects. But, as the artist in question, he has the right to decide that for himself. I'll simply state that my financial support of Stoper will be only intermittent, until such time as I see that he is fully committing to completing a single project at a time.
From time to time it's good to work on other projects to keep your inspiration alive and kicking.
To avoid feeling like you're going in circles = boredom

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's possible, but I doubt it. If it were really all about the money, he would probably be better off putting out updates more regularly. The developers who are highly consistent with their update schedule, and are transparent about their process, often get more support, at least from what I've seen. Developers who have long delays between updates or who don't communicate with their supporters are more likely to lose support from disgruntled patrons. That's my reading of the available data, at any rate.

Stoper does alright when it comes to communicating with supporters, but I think that he could make more money by releasing an update to JOHN every month or every other month. I definitely do not buy into the line of thinking which says that you make more money by stringing people along. Sure, some people can be strung along, maybe even indefinitely, but you'll attract more support by consistency and transparency. Good business practices are the best way to make money, in the long term.
Not really.There is only 2 devs(NLT and Mr.Dots) that are releasing each month and making really big money.But most of the big ones are putting 2-3 updates per year.Or even less.We have some devs that didn't have an update for 3-4 years and still are making more than 10K.

Reactions: pavlogrk

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Not really.There is only 2 devs(NLT and Mr.Dots) that are releasing each month and making really big money.But most of the big ones are putting 2-3 updates per year.Or even less.We have some devs that didn't have an update for 3-4 years and still are making more than 10K.
First, it is simply incorrect to say that only NLT and Mr. Dots are releasing monthly and earning big. There are other developers who also update monthly and are making big money. To give just one example, Westy is releasing an update monthly and is making more than $40k per month, which may put him roughly on par with both NLT and Mr. Dots.

Second, in order for my point to be correct, it doesn't really matter whether they're making big money or not. It only matters whether they make more money by updating regularly and offering transparency in their communications to their supporters. Some developers will have much higher (or lower) minimum and maximum thresholds for financial support, based on subject matter or fetishes served. Others may have higher or lower thresholds based on visuals or mechanics or some other factor. It's really not as simple as picking the two or three highest grossing developers and looking at their update schedule.

Third, I already stated in my post which you quoted that some people can be strung along, and perhaps even indefinitely. When a game has a truly enourmous pool of supporters, this may lead to large enough numbers of hope-a-trons for the monthly payout to remain quite high, even after years. That still doesn't disprove that the same developer might be making even more money by delivering regular updates and transparent communication.

Reactions: mma456

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
From time to time it's good to work on other projects to keep your inspiration alive and kicking.
To avoid feeling like you're going in circles = boredom
But we're not talking about doing something from time to time. We're talking about a consistent practice of always having multiple projects under development. Like I said before, it's up to Stoper to decide what he does and doesn't do. But I remain convinced that it would be better to prioritize a single project at a time.

Reactions: mma456

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
First, it is simply incorrect to say that only NLT and Mr. Dots are releasing monthly and earning big. There are other developers who also update monthly and are making big money. To give just one example, Westy is releasing an update monthly and is making more than $40k per month, which may put him roughly on par with both NLT and Mr. Dots.

Second, in order for my point to be correct, it doesn't really matter whether they're making big money or not. It only matters whether they make more money by updating regularly and offering transparency in their communications to their supporters. Some developers will have much higher (or lower) minimum and maximum thresholds for financial support, based on subject matter or fetishes served. Others may have higher or lower thresholds based on visuals or mechanics or some other factor. It's really not as simple as picking the two or three highest grossing developers and looking at their update schedule.

Third, I already stated in my post which you quoted that some people can be strung along, and perhaps even indefinitely. When a game has a truly enourmous pool of supporters, this may lead to large enough numbers of hope-a-trons for the monthly payout to remain quite high, even after years. That still doesn't disprove that the same developer might be making even more money by delivering regular updates and transparent communication.
Westy is not making 40K,it's more like 20K.Not to mention the updates are not each month.
Also just because 3 or 10 people from 500+ are making more money from monthly releses doesn't make it truth that you will make more money.
It's way more people making more money without monthly release.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Westy is not making 40K,it's more like 20K.Not to mention the updates are not each month.
Also just because 3 or 10 people from 500+ are making more money from monthly releses doesn't make it truth that you will make more money.
It's way more people making more money without monthly release.
Regarding Westy, you're right about the amount. I must have been thinking about another developer. Still $20k a month is big money, and his updates were pretty regular the last time I checked, though I admit that I haven't kept close tabs on him.

But you're still missing the point. It doesn't matter how many people are making more money with only occasional releases. It matters whether or not those same people would make more if they were releasing regularly. And "regularly" doesn't have to be monthly. It could be every second month, or maybe even every third month, provided that they're releasing on a regular basis and are keeping to their deadlines. Also, regular and transparent communication with the supporters factors into what I'm claiming.

Now I could be wrong in my entire contention here. That's possible, because we really don't have the data to either prove or disprove the theory. But the fact (If, indeed, it is a fact.) that there are more people who make money without releasing regular updates does not in any way disprove my claim that the same people would make more if they changed their development process/business practices.

Edit: To try to forestall anyone replying with "but these people are making more money", you cannot prove or disprove my point by comparing one developer's income with another's, or by comparing them with the group. You can only prove or disprove it by examining polling data from a large enough sampling of the total pool of supporters, or by examining data from developers who made changes in their communication and update cycles, and saw (or didn't see) changes in their support.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
But we're not talking about doing something from time to time. We're talking about a consistent practice of always having multiple projects under development. Like I said before, it's up to Stoper to decide what he does and doesn't do. But I remain convinced that it would be better to prioritize a single project at a time.
Better for whom ?
That's what I'm saying, maybe he needs the other project to get inspired for JOHN.
Do you get my meaning ?

Reactions: TeamEquipe

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Regarding Westy, you're right about the amount. I must have been thinking about another developer. Still $20k a month is big money, and his updates were pretty regular the last time I checked, though I admit that I haven't kept close tabs on him.

But you're still missing the point. It doesn't matter how many people are making more money with only occasional releases. It matters whether or not those same people would make more if they were releasing regularly. And "regularly" doesn't have to be monthly. It could be every second month, or maybe even every third month, provided that they're releasing on a regular basis and are keeping to their deadlines. Also, regular and transparent communication with the supporters factors into what I'm claiming.

Now I could be wrong in my entire contention here. That's possible, because we really don't have the data to either prove or disprove the theory. But the fact (If, indeed, it is a fact.) that there are more people who make money without releasing regular updates does not in any way disprove my claim that the same people would make more if they changed their development process/business practices.

Edit: To try to forestall anyone replying with "but these people are making more money", you cannot prove or disprove my point by comparing one developer's income with another's, or by comparing them with the group. You can only prove or disprove it by examining polling data from a large enough sampling of the total pool of supporters, or by examining data from developers who made changes in their communication and update cycles, and saw (or didn't see) changes in their support.
Regular updates barely have anything to do with the amount of patrons/money the dev got.
There is 3 things that really matters for people.
1.incest
2.harem or at least multiple love interests
3.male MC
JOHN doesn't hit any of the 3.
So I don't expect the game ever to get the same support as AWAM,WVM or BADIK for example.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes