4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
And a good story is a believable story. Regardless of the setting.
To be believable, a story doesn't have to be realistic in every single respect. To suggest such a thing is preposterous on the face of it. It would mean that any fantasy or science fiction story which involved anything improbable would automatically be a bad story. Superhero films? Automatically bad stories, because they're not realistic in every respect. The Lord of the Rings is a bad story, by that standard. But who is honestly going to suggest that the single most influential fantasy story in history is a bad story?

To be believable, a story simply has to have a premise which we can understand, characterizations which we can understand (and preferably with which we can identify), and internal consistency. We can find a story about "the chosen one in space" (Star Wars) or "the magical chosen one" (Harry Potter) believable, because they're well written and conform to certain basic rules. It doesn't matter in the slightest that things happen in those stories which couldn't happen in the real world.

The suggestion that all of our real world problems must always follow us into our fantasy escapism completely invalidates the foremost purpose of fantasy escapism. I therefore do not find your argument to be compelling.

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
I don't know man. Connor's already busy enough with his work at the vet center, and possibly being the vigilante, to the point that he's completely wiped at the end of the day. Even Jessica, with her hectic schedule, took notice. When do you suppose he'd have the time to chase the other skirts around?? Besides, the open relationship is where marriages go to die... Once either of them fids more happiness in the arms of another, they'd ow it to themselves to pursue that happiness. There'd be nothing keeping them together. No celebrity scandal, no wealth to be split, no children, not even a wedding ring.
I actually think the open relationship idea is a good one, but way further down the line in the story. Before that happens, there are a bunch of hot, sneaky cheating scenes/affairs behind Connor's back that have to play out first with Mr. Parker, the fat ass mayor, and others. Then maybe in the future Connor discovers Jessica's adultery after she meets the masked vigilante and starts an affair with him "behind Connor's back", not realizing that it's Connor she is cheating with. Depending on how many points you accumulated with Connor, you would have different choices - 1) Connor keeps it to himself and gets revenge on Jessica by cheating behind her back with mom, sis, etc.; 2) Connor confronts Jessica and they break up; 3) Connor confronts Jessica and they stay together and agree to an open swinging lifestyle.

So if you didn't skip all the Connor sex scenes, you're rewarded with more choices when Connor does confront Jessica. Of course, if you allow Connor to participate in "threesome" scenes like the one with Heather in the living room or Shani in the mayor's pool, you've already opened the door to a swinging lifestyle and Connor would be more agreeable to things. I didn't choose either threesome scene because I think it's hotter to cheat on him. However, I'm hoping that by engaging in some of the other "boring" routine sex scenes with Connor, I'll have enough boyfriend points if the shit hits the fan.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
I, on the other hand, want Jessica and Connor to stay together, and to keep on fucking each other, but to gradually work their way into a fully open relationship. I would like to see Connor fuck Jessica's mom and sister, and hopefully, it will happen.
I mean considering how Connor got a taste of Heather right in front of Jessica and almost came close to getting a blowjob from the mayors secretary, don't know if it is an open relationship yet? or just a few steps towards it? In any case he has gotten other women in front of jess so it's damn time jess gets to have her share of fun with other men in front of him.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I mean considering how Connor got a taste of Heather right in front of Jessica and almost came close to getting a blowjob from the mayors secretary, don't know if it is an open relationship yet? or just a few steps towards it? In any case he has gotten other women in front of jess so it's damn time jess gets to have her share of fun with other men in front of him.
I thought she told him she fooled around with that 18 yr old dude from the restaurant, I could be wrong though

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
View attachment 1284757

Hi, everyone.

I was pretty sure I'm going to finish the update this week, but today I decided to add a couple more animation and that would probably delay the release a little more. But the waiting is almost over.

I'll comment to this post when I have the release date, so keep an eye on it in the next several days.

Have fun and, thanks for the support.
Wow! Jessica wearing a bikini will make this summer way hotter!

Reactions: Busted1201

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
OMG guys chain me up and put a tape over my mouth. I do not want to say something i will regret later. Lately he became one of those devs that in every dev blog use phrases like: almost over, will be out soon etc, while constantly prolonging releases. Not a good sign imo. Better to not comment, because after reading that dev blog i would probably say some bad words.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
View attachment 1284757

Hi, everyone.

I was pretty sure I'm going to finish the update this week, but today I decided to add a couple more animation and that would probably delay the release a little more. But the waiting is almost over.

I'll comment to this post when I have the release date, so keep an eye on it in the next several days.

Have fun and, thanks for the support.
Feel like I read this before.

I love JOHN and currently its one of three games I have any real interest in on this site and Stoper has been doing a great job with this game seriously when its all said and done and this game is completely finished I know it will be up there

But I feel like I've read the same Development Blog over and over, and I don't want to come off like "is it out yet? is it out yet? Can you hurry up? Finish it already" where I want Stoper to just do what he needs to do to finish up with whatever time he needs, that plus the thought of seeing "Hey its coming out soon" in every Development Blog gets almost repeitive.

But that could very well just be a me problem, and if it is please tell me.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Feel like I read this before.

I love JOHN and currently its one of three games I have any real interest in on this site and Stoper has been doing a great job with this game seriously when its all said and done and this game is completely finished I know it will be up there

But I feel like I've read the same Development Blog over and over, and I don't want to come off like "is it out yet? is it out yet? Can you hurry up? Finish it already" where I want Stoper to just do what he needs to do to finish up with whatever time he needs, that plus the thought of seeing "Hey its coming out soon" in every Development Blog gets almost repeitive.

But that could very well just be a me problem, and if it is please tell me.
I don't think anything you said was untrue or unfair. It's understandable to be frustrated and have criticisms of the development process and the communications strategy. Sometimes "good enough" really is good enough, and it can be frustrating to communicate that to devs that strive for perfection.

winterwolf200

Jun 24, 2017
To be believable, a story doesn't have to be realistic in every single respect. To suggest such a thing is preposterous on the face of it. It would mean that any fantasy or science fiction story which involved anything improbable would automatically be a bad story. Superhero films? Automatically bad stories, because they're not realistic in every respect. The Lord of the Rings is a bad story, by that standard. But who is honestly going to suggest that the single most influential fantasy story in history is a bad story?

To be believable, a story simply has to have a premise which we can understand, characterizations which we can understand (and preferably with which we can identify), and internal consistency. We can find a story about "the chosen one in space" (Star Wars) or "the magical chosen one" (Harry Potter) believable, because they're well written and conform to certain basic rules. It doesn't matter in the slightest that things happen in those stories which couldn't happen in the real world.

The suggestion that all of our real world problems must always follow us into our fantasy escapism completely invalidates the foremost purpose of fantasy escapism. I therefore do not find your argument to be compelling.
So, your first point went completely off the mark...But you sort of brought it back to with the second point, so the fact that you know both of these things and yet chose to make the first point... Bro, really? Yes, a good story, regardless of the setting, or the genre, sets down it's own rules and follows them through, leaving behind little to no plot-holes. Realistic within it's own setting does not mean it has to conform to our own reality. In that regard, most, if not all, superhero movies and the better part of fantasy and sci-fi stories, fail to deliver. They often break their own rules for the sake of the plot. I mean friggin Star-wars? Really? It's an entertaining saga, but calling it a good story is quite the stretch.
As far as JOHN is concerned, we've already established that Connor is very busy and that Jess's relationship with her next of kin is, at the very least, loving. Considering this, I don't see a scenario where Connor cheats with Jessica's mother or sister, or where either of the latter agree to stab Jessica in the back, regardless of her own cheating.
I actually think the open relationship idea is a good one, but way further down the line in the story. Before that happens, there are a bunch of hot, sneaky cheating scenes/affairs behind Connor's back that have to play out first with Mr. Parker, the fat ass mayor, and others. Then maybe in the future Connor discovers Jessica's adultery after she meets the masked vigilante and starts an affair with him "behind Connor's back", not realizing that it's Connor she is cheating with. Depending on how many points you accumulated with Connor, you would have different choices - 1) Connor keeps it to himself and gets revenge on Jessica by cheating behind her back with mom, sis, etc.; 2) Connor confronts Jessica and they break up; 3) Connor confronts Jessica and they stay together and agree to an open swinging lifestyle.
This though, I'll admit I find rather plausible and may be the only reason those two NPC's were introduced to the story, aside from the lesbian incest that Stopper unfortunately denied having interest in from the get-go.

Reactions: pochops

umby

May 27, 2017
OMG guys chain me up and put a tape over my mouth. I do not want to say something i will regret later. Lately he became one of those devs that in every dev blog use phrases like: almost over, will be out soon etc, while constantly prolonging releases. Not a good sign imo. Better to not comment, because after reading that dev blog i would probably say some bad words.
there is also a fundamental thing to consider. The fact that it took stoper 6 months to update doesn't mean she worked hard on it, she might as well have worked on it the equivalent of 2 or 3 months at the most. also for this reason I am convinced that the update will be quite modest in content, no one expects the super gigantic update.

1ZeRat

Apr 19, 2018
A rushed game will be bad, no matter how you look at it. What does it matter a few more days. If you are a patreon, go and complain with him directly, but if not... have patience. I know he doesn't respect his own imposed deadlines but show me a dev that does that (and I mean someone with quality renders like this game). Let's be constructive and stop winning. GO STOPER, YOU CAN DO IT!

umby

May 27, 2017
A rushed game will be bad, no matter how you look at it. What does it matter a few more days. If you are a patreon, go and complain with him directly, but if not... have patience. I know he doesn't respect his own imposed deadlines but show me a dev that does that (and I mean someone with quality renders like this game). Let's be constructive and stop winning. GO STOPER, YOU CAN DO IT!
not exactly as you say you see! do you want to do things calmly? then stop posting useless posts where you tell people that you are close or something when in reality the update is heavily delayed. in other words, stop deluding yourself that the update is around the corner because it never was

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes