4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

sevensham

Dec 25, 2017
Yeah, I think it was last weekend when he said it was basically ready for release on Monday or Tuesday. Then Thursday, then Friday, then Saturday or Sunday. And now we're back to a Monday.

Kinda lost track aswell at this point though, so maybe I'm hallucinating.

No. Amanda is sleeping.
wait until she wake up .... just be patient .... as long you wait .... one fine day she will wake up :p

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It strikes me that some devs here must not follow or play other threads or games; because there are a handful of repeating themes in many of the threads here that should act as learning opportunities. One of those repeated themes is frustration around missed deadlines. I am a firm believer that deadlines protect both the players and the dev because they give structure to a project. That structure is really important because it builds trust between the dev and the players (whether they're pirates or patrons) and that trust creates goodwill. There will be times when a dev needs to cash in some of that goodwill when they encounter a difficult development period. But that goodwill is finite and needs to be replenished with more built trust. This basic act of professionalism and project management seems to be a real weak spot for many devs. Deadlines come and go while the scope of a release remains poorly defined or adhered to.

Again, Stoper seems like a good guy, but these missed deadlines are a self inflected wound at this point.

Last edited:

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
It strikes me that some devs here must not follow or play other threads or games; because there are a handful of repeating themes in many of the threads here that should act as learning opportunities. One of those repeated themes is frustration around missed deadlines. I am a firm believer that deadlines protect both the players and the dev because they give structure to a project. That structure is really important because it builds trust between the dev and the players (whether they're pirates or patrons) and that trust creates goodwill. There will be times when a dev needs to cash in some of that goodwill when they encounter a difficult development period. But that goodwill is finite and needs to be replenished with more built trust. This basic act of professionalism and project management seems to be a real weak spot for many devs. Deadlines come and go while the scope of a release remains poorly defined or adhered to.

Again, Stoper seems like a good guy, but these missed deadlines are a self inflected wound at this point.
I would agree with most of what you say here. Deadlines ought to be treated as of the utmost importance. They should almost be regarded as sacred and carved in stone. Perhaps they might occasionally have to be moved a bit, but they shouldn't be moved far or often, and they should certainly not be repeatedly broken. Meeting deadlines is just good business. Not only does it generate good will among the players, but it instills confidence in the developer's vision for the game and in their competence.

Of course unusual circumstances may sometimes arise which will necessitate patience and understanding. But when patience and understanding are being requested on a regular basis, you can no longer consider the circumstances "unusual", and people get very tired of it very quickly.

Manshino

Sep 19, 2019
One of those repeated themes is frustration around missed deadlines.
You're right but I can see frustration around everything: missed deadlines, the "n word" of three letters, dumb MCs, updates too short, updates too big, slow burn games, rushed finals, another orphan hero... Maybe the problem is frustration ;)

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

malegebi123

Jul 15, 2018
This one was posted yesterday. Not saying I believe it, but yeah..

Edit: When this was posted yesterday, it was around 3pm in Maine, USA. So Amanda might actually be from Narnia.
that's what i mean
but anyway, it has been over 14 hours since the developer posted Amanda went sleeping. So hopefully this amanda gets enough sleep and starts working now.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes