4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

SamYaya

Jul 5, 2022
I think that was more so because of the relationship between the two being friends for so long (and doesn't David know Connor personally?)
yes it's true because the two are friends it's been a long time Jessica was sorry but it's weird anyway. and speaking of conner i think he is david they are not long time friends but they know each other a little as i remember

pavlogrk

Nov 15, 2020
How can stoper talk about the scenes becoming quite big and then deliver a tiny amount of content after 8+ months? Is the guy working on the game for the last 2 months of each development cycle? 300-400 renders? And that's causing several months delays?

Like...what?

That's hardly more than 1 (ONE) render per day. LOL

Didn't he say in his last devblog or some comment on Patreon that he's working HARD on the game? ....ahahaha. Fuck. :ROFLMAO:
He would make a great politician, LMFAO !!! He is a good shepperd lol and loves his MILK!

boostedanimal

Dec 19, 2017
How can stoper talk about the scenes becoming quite big and then deliver a tiny amount of content after 8+ months? Is the guy working on the game for the last 2 months of each development cycle? 300-400 renders? And that's causing several months delays?

Like...what?

Didn't he say in his last devblog or some comment on Patreon that he's working HARD on the game? ....ahahaha. Fuck. :ROFLMAO:
pretty much, i think it's pretty obvious that this is exactly the case: he just does nothing for months only to work on the update for a month or two before the actual release, case for reference: this upcoming update and the 0.50 one

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

Like...what?

actually 350 renders for 8 months are very few, this time something really went wrong

Reactions: RCC14

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

Like...what?

I don't think rendering is the problem or laziness, but like many developers lack of professionalism. What started as a hobby has turned into a job that requires a lot of time, energy and self-discipline.
And then there is the fact that you have no plan how the story should continue. When a developer has to invent events from update to update before he can draw and write them.
Over the years, this will burn out even the most creative head/developer.
So many developers feel the same way.
That's why the game will never be finished.

Reactions: gilgamesh9

Cybersexist

Dec 28, 2018
pretty much, i think it's pretty obvious that this is exactly the case: he just does nothing for months only to work on the update for a month or two before the actual release, case for reference: this upcoming update and the 0.50 one
All the Experts here...:rolleyes:

When Rendering is so fast and easy why are not then more Games out with the same level of visual quality ?!?
Also its more work than "only" the renderings...

He is obsessed with details which takes (too much) time,but delivers great Results!

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020

When Rendering is so fast and easy why are not then more Games out with the same level of visual quality ?!?

He is obsessed with details which takes (too much) time,but delivers great Results!
Rendering is generally s-l-o-w unless you have a really fast computer and graphics card. But that's mostly the work of the computer, when the dev can get on with other parts of the project, or even his/her day job.

What really take the dev's time and artistic flair in a work of this quality are the posing of the models' bodies and faces, the lighting, the camera angles and settings and so on. Then, for animations, making a seamless loop that doesn't look like the models are motorised by LEGO is clearly a challenge that few succeed in.

Just from an erotic perspective as a reader/player/fapper, I think the wait is more than worth the effort. There are other VNs that I find highly erotic on the first read - usually because of the model and/or situation. But there are few like JOHN that I can come back to time and time again and still be turned on because of the realism, the atmosphere and my emotional investment in the characters.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If his income from patreon dropped to more than a half he would speed up everything
Yeah.
Can you name some cases in which something like that happen?Because I can't give even 1.
We have thousands of examples how this is not working at all.

Reactions: pavlogrk

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I don't think rendering is the problem or laziness, but like many developers lack of professionalism. What started as a hobby has turned into a job that requires a lot of time, energy and self-discipline.
And then there is the fact that you have no plan how the story should continue. When a developer has to invent events from update to update before he can draw and write them.
Over the years, this will burn out even the most creative head/developer.
So many developers feel the same way.
That's why the game will never be finished.
I would totally agree with that, but there's something not adding up in this equation. For the past 8+ months, stoper's told his supporters in his development blogs that he's making great progress, that he's having alot of fun creating the scenes, that the pace is good and he's working hard on the game. And now, the results of these absolutely misleading statements is an update with 300+ renders. An update that's still not released, getting closer and closer to an entire year of development.

You know how we all criticize L&P for his slow development pace, right? But this right here is in a league of its own. Even L&P who is considered an absolute snail can release 300+ renders in 2-3 months, and then a stoper comes around the corner lying to and misleading his supporters for 8 months straight, releasing an update so tiny that you actually question yourself if he was even working at all for the majority of time. Where is this "great pace"? Where is this "good progress"? Where is this "hard work" stoper kept talking about for the past 8+ months again, and again, and again?

Those are stoper's statements, the guy who criticized L&P for his terrible development speed. And now he's about to release an update after close to a year, for which L&P would have needed 2, 3 months at most? The craziest part to me, which I've mentioned in this post and several times before in previous ones, is how stoper keeps coming up with new devblogs, saying the same thing over and over and over again, misleading his supporters with absolute nonsense, and those 300+ renders are supposed to be the result of that? Well, not quite... time is still ticking, and there's no sign of a release in sight.

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who paid month after month, thinking they'd get rewarded with an update worth their money. This is the worst output in terms of renders compared to time investment, the longest development cycle and the most misleading development blogs from stoper ever. To me, that makes him play in the same league as developers like Gumdrop, ICSTOR and alike. Compared to this, L&P is a beast and workaholic. That should be very telling, especially coming from me. You know how harsh I criticize L&P most of the time.

And the update is still not out. Who knows how much worse it gets from here.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Stoper's slowness isn't due to rendering. You can render overnight.

His slowness is due to his scene creation process. The details and clothing stuff, especially. And his lack of planning.

He isn't slow for the reasons LP is slow. LP creates a good number of renders in a decent amount of time, they're just inefficiently used. So they don't amount to much progress in each update. He also has a much more complicated game (routes/characters) to figure out. LP does plans ahead, at least somewhat. He generally knows what the next thing will be and how he'll do it.

Stoper's updates have around the same number of renders LP does, and they are spread across more scenes. So, a little more progress is made. However, he is significantly slower in making those renders. By his admission, doesn't plan ahead either. Which makes him even slower. He probably makes a lot of renders, to throw them out when his plan changes. He has said before that sometimes he has good days where he makes several renders, and days where he only makes a couple or even none.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
His slowness is due to his scene creation process. The details and clothing stuff, especially. And his lack of planning.
Stoper used to be 10 times faster creating his scenes, though. From a render quality aspect, nothing has really changed if you compare earlier updates with recent ones, and like you said there's not as many branches as it is the case with L&P's project, so that's not causing the extremely slow pace either. There was a time when stoper would release fairly large updates within 2-3 months. A time when he's had much less income from Patreon aswell. He didn't plan ahead back then either. So what exactly has changed, apart from the fact that his devblogs have become an absolute joke considering the results we're now seeing aswell as slowing down development speed tenfold .

Edit: Just a quick comparison... From update 0.30 to 0.31, stoper added 105 renders in barely over 3 weeks while simultaneously working on his side project "Paola". About 2 updates ago, he announced that he wouldn't work on Paola for now, giving him more time to work on JOHN, increasing his pace. Guess what? Since then, every update took 7+ months. The current development cycle being the worst at 8+ months without release in sight, and only 300+ renders.

So, to put that into perspective...

v0.31 = 105 renders in just over 3 weeks while working on 2 projects at the time

v0.5X = 300+ renders in 8+ months, ongoing

Fucking fantastic. lol

Last edited:

DampAnkles

Mar 18, 2018
The Short-sighted plot, lack of character development. The filler characters, or supporting characters, that are just in a part of the scene, are just empty shells with zero impact. There are a couple exceptions, briefly.
If Jessica's sluttiness wasn't a possibility, and the renders were terrible, this story/game would be
un gran saco de mierda de mono

Last edited:

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Bullshit. 'Tells from the deep: Eve''s Dev (Mrsloap) not have powerful laptop, they use unity realtime render. Better then JOHN, AWAM and OFFICE. And faster.
Really - have you tried this yourself? However, what you say is partly true - there are rendering engines that work faster than full ray-tracing.

The quality loss may or may not be acceptable to the artist, but it's their choice.

Reactions: Cybersexist
Mar 26, 2018

Actually there is other games with the same quality ( more or less ) and their devs deliver in 2 months , some of them even MONTHLY !!
The answer to your question if its doable with that amount of quality and Stopers obsession to detail to deliver a new update every 2 months is actually Stoper himself.. At first the update schechual was 2 months and then it went dowhill with the same amount of content and quality..
Irony is not the best way to enter a conversation , just saying..

MestoTesto

Mar 15, 2021
''But next month, dead or alive, I'm releasing the update.''

As someone who has made this big promise, I wonder if he laughs at these statements himself when he looks back. I'm sure he doesn't care about this situation because 2 more months have passed since the month he mentioned.:oops:

Last edited:

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
Really - have you tried this yourself? However, what you say is partly true - there are rendering engines that work faster than full ray-tracing.

The quality loss may or may not be acceptable to the artist, but it's their choice.
Quality loss !? Just compare 'Eve' and 'Jessica' screens . DAZ quality is disaster. DAZ animation is lololo

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes