4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
When did he say that?

Stoper is doing this fulltime. He himself said that it pays the bills, but if it doesn't work out anymore he has to find something else, which is apparently fine with him. That's what he said right here in this forum while arguing with people. That doesn't mean he should mislead his supporters for several months with complete nonsense development blogs, right? And it certainly doesn't explain how every development cycle is becoming slower for the past ~2 years. Like I've mentioned in my previous post, stoper used to release updates the same size as this one within 3-4 months. Then ~7 months, and now more than 9 months. Back then, he would work on two projects even (Paola), and was still much faster compared to now.

It's got nothing to do with his eye for detail either. His renders were top-notch 4 years ago, and they are still top-notch today. The only thing that's changed is the pace he's working at and the amount of time he spends on developing JOHN.

You do realize that his statement regarding the new GPU doesn't make any sense either, right? It's not the render time causing this slow pace, and early updates are proof of that. A faster GPU won't magically reduce time spend on scene creation, it's only reducing render times. But what's the point of that if he's only creating 1 render per day anyway? He's also said that he'd have to cut down on time spend for clothing as he's apparently "going wild" with it. But again, early updates proof him wrong as there's no difference in quality, only slower pace.

He should also stop coming up with deadlines which he KNOWS he can't make, or talk about stuff he's working on when this stuff clearly isn't anywhere to be seen in the update he's working on. For example: the amount of time he's apparently spend working on different paths and branching. Where exactly is all this stuff? Heather's event either plays out in the bathtub with lesbian content, or you get 8 renders of eating cake. Mr.Parker's event can end very early with Jess leaving in a Taxi before the naughty stuff happens which ends the update, or you can get a different animation during their almost-sex scene depending on a previous choice on PD4/5. That's it. There are no routes or real branching. Around 10 Renders, some dialogue and an animation, that's the entirety of his nonsense talk about adding paths/branches for several months. There is barely any extra work, and all the development blogs were nothing but lies.

If this turned into a simple hobby, he should be upfront about it to his supporters instead of telling lies for months. That would save him alot of hate and namecalling, but it would also most likely result in less income. So take a guess on why he wouldn't do that.

Edit: Anyway, enough wall of text from me. I'm out of here again. Can't wait for upcoming devblogs.. Oh boy.
It's seems a misunderstading of what I wrote because I agree with you as I stated also the previous days: from a paying patreon persperctive, the outcome after 9 months is insufficient. But there were people stating that you can make many HQ renders each day and thinking that you just need DAZ to output that level of quality. Unfortunately DAZ is not sufficient for that task.

AFAIK he also works on other commissioned projects since he moved to Italy.

Wriggling around like an eel, aren´t you? Looking in the crumbs now, because I countered your wrong assumption about the "flying necklace", which as it is rather stiff by design lifts up with body movements?
As for the left shoulder strap, have you ever seen girls/women in their underwear/bras/halter tops/bikinis? Depending on how the lifting/cuping effect is constructed into the clothing and the materials used, the shoulder straps are not always stretched and conforming to the body, esp. when moving around or leaning against something. Yeah, physics principles are not always as they seem at first look, chummer!

For example, the straps on bustiers are normally completely optional, which is the reason these clothes type so rarely has them, the cuping effect comes from elsewhere. But no matter what type of clothes Leia wears here, you are searching in the crumbs and failing, just see the necklace stuff. In addition, you tell tall stories about Stoper supposedly doing JOHN as a hobby, when Stoper himself said he is doing it fulltime several times.
Well, his output certainly fits a hobby developer, but the the discrepancy in your and his words...For someone claiming to be rather uninterested in the JOHN discussions, you are very present and opinionated, hardly uninterested.

But the real main point I wanted to make, which you try to muddy with your crumbsearching, is that JOHN and WIAB have very high grade artwork, WIAB even a bit more high grade, but the difference is that the last WIAB update had four times as many renders as JOHN, more story with counting decisions and the Dev of WIAB in even working on another game.
JOHN has great potential, but the output per update is currently abomiable!
LOL you are climbing a mirror really, it's embarrassing. That rendering simply shows a common issue happening within DAZ while posing layers over a body, it's totally unnatural in real life, that's not iron that's cotton. Most developers do not care about dresses not posing adherently to a body and showing a small gap, because the majority of people like you are not even able to tell the difference, so it's "wasted time" trying to fix it using external expensive programs or plugins.

As "For someone claiming to be rather uninterested in the JOHN discussions" I think you are confusing me with another person or simply inventing theories as the rest of your reply, because I have always been interested in discussions about plots and quality of renderings in any game and in this game more than many others. I really like the quality of the pics of JOHN that's why I often regretted about the way Stoper manages his communication to his paying supporters. Because he's very talented and he is damaging himself with a bad attitude towards his clients. He could make so much better economically with this game but it seems he does not care a lot about it. While overall I like some other games more than JOHN, for example Being a DIK, I don't dare to say BaD has better renderings than JOHN, because it would be totally untrue. I am able to recognize where Stoper excels and where he lacks, simple.

Reactions: whoabacha

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
LOL you are climbing a mirror really, it's embarrassing. That rendering simply shows a common issue happening within DAZ while posing layers over a body, it's totally unnatural in real life, that's not iron that's cotton. Most developers do not care about dresses not posing adherently to a body and showing a small gap, because the majority of people like you are not even able to tell the difference, so it's "wasted time" trying to fix it using external expensive programs or plugins.
I self-censored the first sentence of this answer away, because the only embarassing happening here is your contrarian strawgrasping. You obviously have zero knowledge of modern clothing materials and clothing types! You a) need no "Iron":rolleyes: for robust straps and b) Leia is not wearing a silk undershirt! Then the high strap would be a mistake, but here Leia´s top is from other materials and has an in-built halter function.
Additionally, Leia is not standing at attention and here we see that a lot of your talk is just that - talk. One mistake that is made often, some Devs smooth out the clothing on the characters, no matter if the body positioning and the clothing type fit that smooth flowing/running clothes. There are situations where even the smoothest cloth lifts, sinks in or twists on a body and here we have a halter top variant, which by design has to have some robustness of it´s own.

Just for the record, Ocean, the Dev of "Where it all began", even works in pupil reactions of the eyes! e.g. There is a situation in one of his games where the character Bella stands partially in the sunlight. Her right eye pupil is small, since the light hits that faceside, her left eye, still in the shade, has normal diameter!
There might be some small mistakes in a couple renders of his, but that is absolutely searching in the crumbs, Ocean is one of the developers who gives a lot of attention to small details. So your badmouthing of him by pointing at non-existing mistakes, remember the nacklace "mistake", which was not one, is lowest drawer!

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
WALKTHROUGH MOD + IMPROVEMENTS [v0.55]:

Features
:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Planned Features:

Notes:

DOWNLOAD: MEGA, or (Fixed all broken links)

MOD is only compatible with English version.

SCREENSHOTS:
View attachment 2175469
What is considered "normal walkthrough" one where Jessica doesn't interact with anybody else except her BF or one where she fucks everybody else (in a few years from now)?

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
the update this time has made a few small steps forward. the number of renders this time is more than enough and we finally saw a Jessica as she should be in a game of this type. used clothing is excellent and even if the multiple choices are perhaps quite negligible they have a certain effect all the same. certainly after nine months perhaps we are facing something modest and the idea of waiting another 9 months is not the best. however it is excellent update this time, when I have to speak well I speak well I am almost 200% objective
0A6268E9-71AA-4B0C-B130-0BF1CA42E3A0.gif

Reactions: Take The Red Pill

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What is considered "normal walkthrough" one where Jessica doesn't interact with anybody else except her BF or one where she fucks everybody else (in a few years from now)?
whatever suits you. there is no normal since some like that ms o'neil is as slutty as possible and some want her to stay faithful.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone have a save at the start of the party where Jess meets the governor?
I don't have access to my saves and it will take hours to playthrough to that point.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
ROTFL are you blind or trolling me? In this picture the same problem of "flying object on skin" can be seen on the dress. Don't you see the shoulder straps of the dress that magically do not touch her skin? look at that shadows, do you understand how shadows works? Probably not. And that's the reason why most developers do not care to fix or refine their images, they know most people are unable to notice posing errors. That's the aspect I like in Stoper's renderings, they are not made for the average user, they are made for the few that are able to notice all the details.
I am looking at two different pictures of real models with a similar shadow around the straps. Even a tight fit can create shadows on the skin when the light is coming from a certain angle (~ perpendicular). Still, real clothes are not always clinging to skin. It's a matter of tensile stresses, surface tension and rigidity of the used materials and how well they fit.
There other differences between Ocean and Stoper that are much more prevalent.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes