3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

DoAdventures

Let's begin the adventure
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Well, in principle, I liked the game. Both the plot and graphics with the appearance of the main character.
The branching of the plot is not very convenient at the very beginning. Consecutive events would be much more enjoyable. At least not the end of the game after losing one of the initiatives, but the opportunity to choose another.
And in principle, different roleplaying of the initial events is of course good. But at the same time, few people cope with branching into at least two storylines, and the developer has already taken on four and is not going to stop. Which makes us think that we will never see the end of at least one such line. I certainly believe in the developer, but I understand perfectly well that his powers are not limitless.
Hey Hunutan,

Thanks for the feedback and although you are right in terms of me not stopping, for example - there are 14 different starts in this story alone and obviously loads of choices throughout, but the reason I haven't done it with one linear path and branching scenarios from that is because I didn't want to alienate different niches or readers, it's also in keeping with my original work.

It is important to note though, the VN's that will follow this in the new year (Undecided on which one first Jessica's Choices - Origins, Red, Forced, Prison, Another Life, Tales from the halfway house, USF, Hunt The Cunt or Grotesque Stories) all have endings and follow a more common and well used practice.

To ensure that no one is worried about the above though, Series of Events has endings and I will finish them - Just gimme some time :D

Thanks,
DoAdventures

Last edited:

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
The render are okay, but the story - sorry. Some good approaches, but nothing satisfying. I think the dev should have started one story and not many. The way he chose there is not really progress in each story. An option would have been to do them in series but not parallel. Don't know the planned content but imagine something like that would be possible :
Starting as a defense attorney (story 4), getting problems because of somebody wants to take revenge (story 3), loose attorney license, gets in debt (story 1) because no money and has to look for a job (story 2). Something like a spiral downwards, where it starts okay and then gradually gets worse.

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
The render are okay, but the story - sorry. Some good approaches, but nothing satisfying. I think the dev should have started one story and not many. The way he chose there is not really progress in each story. An option would have been to do them in series but not parallel. Don't know the planned content but imagine something like that would be possible :
Starting as a defense attorney (story 4), getting problems because of somebody wants to take revenge (story 3), loose attorney license, gets in debt (story 1) because no money and has to look for a job (story 2). Something like a spiral downwards, where it starts okay and then gradually gets worse.
Hey Seanthiar,

That's a good idea, unfortunately though Series of Events wasn't written as a story, Series of Events only exists because these individual choices didn't have a place in the original pieces of work as mentioned above. I appreciate that the way I'm doing this particular VN won't be to everyone's taste or what they see in other VN's. I also appreciate that it seems like a big undertaking and ask. But hopefully the popularity will grow.

Thanks,
DoAdventures

Last edited:
Reactions: TimoF965

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Hello all,

I just want to say a massive thank you for the private messages of support and encouragement I've received. I want to touch on two things, the first I didn't consider the impression i was giving, Following the review feedback;

I didn't think of the defense choices being an illusion of choice, I certainly didnt intend that, those choices are there because there are additional paths to go down, they just haven't been implemented yet. I didn't think about how that would look whilst the additional options aren't there, I will probably remove the options at the moment.

The second; Following some feedback, here, privately and on Patreon. I've chosen to ramp up my delivery for one of the bigger stories that will feel more like a normal VN. I'm not going to stop creating Series of Events as I promised and I'll come onto that in a bit, but I wanted to let you know that I'm testing a few things out in terms of which story to begin with. I do have a lot to choose from and they are all equally as big as each other or span multiple choices which I will have to be a bit more clever with.

In terms of Series of Events, I've done a around 50 new renders so far and I've been offered some support which I have graciously grabbed with both hands and accepted, I don't want to name but if you read this please feel free throw your name in the mix. The idea or suggestion from the un-named at this moment in time person will turn Series of Events into a more user friendly UI and experience. More on this to come in the following weeks.

I'll let you all know how I'm progressing with which story I choose first, I suppose Origins makes the most sense and the others will just have to wait, but I'll keep you all up to date.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Your game and approach sound very interesting and special. I also have to give you a hats off for being so patient in explaining your concept and not getting "angry" with someone who asks a stupid question.

You got me in between of two evils, though: I really want to play your game, but my brain tells me to stay out of it until it is almost done. But I thing I put my brain on pause and just try it out. The tags are too promising :D .

One last thing I have to add is that people seem to forget that your stories are almost all planned through, layed out and written. You "only" have to implant them into the RenPy-system (and do some polishing maybe). So the branching-problem will not be that much of a problem as with other creators who do not really have a clear concept at the time they start writing.

Kepp on, do your thing :) .

Reactions: DoAdventures

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Your game and approach sound very interesting and special. I also have to give you a hats off for being so patient in explaining your concept and not getting "angry" with someone who asks a stupid question.

You got me in between of two evils, though: I really want to play your game, but my brain tells me to stay out of it until it is almost done. But I thing I put my brain on pause and just try it out. The tags are too promising :D .

One last thing I have to add is that people seem to forget that your stories are almost all planned through, layed out and written. You "only" have to implant them into the RenPy-system (and do some polishing maybe). So the branching-problem will not be that much of a problem as with other creators who do not really have a clear concept at the time they start writing.

Kepp on, do your thing :) .
Hi TimoF965,

Thank you very much for the feedback, and if you do decide to pause your brain and give it a shot, I hope you enjoy what content I have so far.

I really do appreciate that the way I'm tackling this particular VN and the UI won't be to everyone's taste or previous experiences with other VN's but you are right in that I already have all the content, direction and endings.

As an aside, I've re-released Series of Events in it's ancestral home;

Nothing is hidden and all choices are available. Obviously there are additional choices in the VN as there is work written but never released and the endings don't exist on Chyoa either (Sorry not sorry) but if you want to have a read instead of playing the game at the moment, it's all in the above URL.

Whilst I'm here, I also want to apologise for the lack of update. V0.5 has taken a massive hit with work commitments and travelling. I've got about 150 to 200 renders completed so far but I'll be doing more over the coming days and aim to get a release out soon.

Thank you,
Doadventures

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
needs a kinetic tag. One choice in the beginning that chooses a path to watch, and a couple random choices here and there that don't really change anything...still very kinetic

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
needs a kinetic tag. One choice in the beginning that chooses a path to watch, and a couple random choices here and there that don't really change anything...still very kinetic
Hi FookU2,

A very good point and received. I think because I'm trying to flesh out these initial choices - I've not put a lot of the options in on getting out of a situation for example. I gave myself too little time to progress properly with the two weekly release I started with. The next content release will have more choices and remove the kinetic approach that I have unwittingly caused.

Reactions: TimoF965

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Hey guys,

Just a little update from Jessica's Choices and when she decides to choose to jump right in! I'm taking a week off regular work next week and will devote all my time to this project next week so expect to see some new images and updates regarding v0.5. I'll be fleshing out this last bit I have at the moment then going back and adding the choices between, taking the direction down different paths and simultaneously, I expect I'll be working with the guys that are going to make Jessica's Choices UI and overall representation better for all of you.
seo_pproductionscasting.jpg

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
but if you want to have a read instead of playing the game at the moment, it's all in the above URL
Thank you, but playing a VN is for the most cases much more immersive to me than reading a book - at least when it comes to erotica. Especially if the perspective is the female one, I like the added immersion through choices. Even if the choice only means to skip or to "endure", it affects you more directly. If the choices are even mattering and "realistic", it adds a gread deal of immersion only the greates masters of regular literacy can achieve otherwise.
But really, thank you for offering!

I tried your game in the mean time. It is nice, offers some special backgrounds and ways. But on the other hand, I will have to get used to the fact that it is a bunch of short novels and there is no development in between them. You also don't have much time to develop a character, a relation, a real reason, but have to jump right in it.
I think, your other games will be a little more usual in that part, won't they be?

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Thank you, but playing a VN is for the most cases much more immersive to me than reading a book - at least when it comes to erotica. Especially if the perspective is the female one, I like the added immersion through choices. Even if the choice only means to skip or to "endure", it affects you more directly. If the choices are even mattering and "realistic", it adds a gread deal of immersion only the greates masters of regular literacy can achieve otherwise.
But really, thank you for offering!

I tried your game in the mean time. It is nice, offers some special backgrounds and ways. But on the other hand, I will have to get used to the fact that it is a bunch of short novels and there is no development in between them. You also don't have much time to develop a character, a relation, a real reason, but have to jump right in it.
I think, your other games will be a little more usual in that part, won't they be?

Hi TimoF965

Totally understandable, and you are welcome.

You are absolutely right with regards to the other stories, there is much more development which is why I'll begin with "Origins" then move it on, by the end I hope everyone is routing for Jessica and hasn't met one of the few bad ends.

As Series of Events progresses, there is some further development of Jessica and the other models in all the little stories but you are right in that you are just forced to jump right in. In hindsight, I should have left Series of Events alone for the moment, but I didn't want to screw up any of my other main stories, I've already found better ways to render since I began, I've got more efficient with updating the game and listening and reading all feedback, will ensure I don't fuck it up from the actual beginning.

Reactions: TimoF965 and Envoye

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
In hindsight, I should have left Series of Events alone for the moment, but I didn't want to screw up any of my other main stories, I've already found better ways to render since I began, I've got more efficient with updating the game and listening and reading all feedback, will ensure I don't fuck it up from the actual beginning.
I like your transparency and honesty. I just hope you don't get my hopes to high ;) . This game, even just being a testing ground, is quite good. Playing a complete, fastly released story with a more complex game mechanic could be great. I hope it will be and in the mean time, I enjoy you little learning project ;) .

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Hey all,

I've decided it is about time I get this release out, especially as the run up to Christmas starts for me very soon.

I've got all the renders into the game and play tested the options, corrected some outstanding issues and I've begun getting my written content in the game. Providing I can smash through it tonight - I'll aim to get v0.5 out tonight too but if not today, I'll aim for tomorrow evening once I finally get home.

Hopefully whilst I know it has been a bit of a wait for this particular release, it will be worth it for what I've been working on.

Thanks,
Doadventures

Last edited:

DoAdventures

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Is there a lesbian only route in this update or is it just more content for the exsisting ones?
More content to the existing choices, but has now got me to the point where I can introduce lesbian content. Gym Buddies teasing with her female friend has been rendered too, but won't be in the release. Free (no sub needed) sneak pics of that on my patreon.

Reactions: LordWanze

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Hello all,

I just want to say a massive thank you for the private messages of support and encouragement I've received. I want to touch on two things, the first I didn't consider the impression i was giving, Following the review feedback;

I didn't think of the defense choices being an illusion of choice, I certainly didnt intend that, those choices are there because there are additional paths to go down, they just haven't been implemented yet. I didn't think about how that would look whilst the additional options aren't there, I will probably remove the options at the moment.

The second; Following some feedback, here, privately and on Patreon. I've chosen to ramp up my delivery for one of the bigger stories that will feel more like a normal VN. I'm not going to stop creating Series of Events as I promised and I'll come onto that in a bit, but I wanted to let you know that I'm testing a few things out in terms of which story to begin with. I do have a lot to choose from and they are all equally as big as each other or span multiple choices which I will have to be a bit more clever with.

In terms of Series of Events, I've done a around 50 new renders so far and I've been offered some support which I have graciously grabbed with both hands and accepted, I don't want to name but if you read this please feel free throw your name in the mix. The idea or suggestion from the un-named at this moment in time person will turn Series of Events into a more user friendly UI and experience. More on this to come in the following weeks.

I'll let you all know how I'm progressing with which story I choose first, I suppose Origins makes the most sense and the others will just have to wait, but I'll keep you all up to date.
It is nice to see Jessica's Choices turned into a game. I always thought it would make a good one.

• Red Heart
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes