YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Also, for those who may have not watched my interview, I take not being like FS/Night as a compliment. I absolutely hate that game and everything it stands for. If you expect me to emulate Nasu styled VNs in any way, you're going to have a bad time.
I know it is a personal opinion, but could you explain why?
I mean, I understand disliking Fate because of the oversaturation, but "Nasu styled" also means Tsukihime and other, "minor" nowadays, works of his.
What specific parts of his style is it that you dislike? As an aspiring game dveloper and writer, I admit still being too amateur to notice what it could be that distinguishes it from other more narrative-focused like yours save the base material.
...of course, I only ever played fantranslations until grand order. So some of the issues I missed may come from them, of some you got may come from different translations.

Also, I'm kinda frozen in the story because I died in a boss fight and lost some days because forgot to save, but I'm too curious not to ask.
Is the thing revealed in the town related to, or even just inspired by, chrono trigger or cross?

Reactions: the_darklord212

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
I know it is a personal opinion, but could you explain why?
I mean, I understand disliking Fate because of the oversaturation, but "Nasu styled" also means Tsukihime and other, "minor" nowadays, works of his.
What specific parts of his style is it that you dislike? As an aspiring game dveloper and writer, I admit still being too amateur to notice what it could be that distinguishes it from other more narrative-focused like yours save the base material.
...of course, I only ever played fantranslations until grand order. So some of the issues I missed may come from them, of some you got may come from different translations.

Also, I'm kinda frozen in the story because I died in a boss fight and lost some days because forgot to save, but I'm too curious not to ask.
Is the thing revealed in the town related to, or even just inspired by, chrono trigger or cross?
Not exactly. There are some similarities but there's no Lavos, so to speak :p

Okay, regarding Nasu, what I don't like is that his VNs -and so most of the ones that got inspired by it after FS/N got retroactively famous because of the Anime- waste your time. A lot. It overdescribes and overwrites everything and there's also a lot of scenes and details that shouldn't be there to begin with.

In one word: post-Nasuboom VNs are awfully paced. It wasn't a trend that started with FS/N but its popularity accelerated the way it overtook VN writing.

Regarding Tsukihime, I actually liked it much more than FS/N if only because it's much shorter so that kind of bad pacing doesn't really overstay its welcome. If you put it in something as long as FS/N, instead... Yeah.

apparti12

Sep 20, 2017
I've been enjoying the game but hit a brick wall in the Jack solo boss fight and can't seem to beat the Grimm

jwalker1337

Aug 25, 2020
Is there some kind of issue with Saturday events where if you have too many for Saturday they don't show up? I noticed it when I was following the guide and around the time I did the check for Velvet's 1st event it didn't show up. I did a bunch since and they haven't loaded after I cleared some out, I don't think I can do hers, the Winter, and the Qrow events as a result among some others. I haven't really noticed anything else, dunno if others have had this problem or not.

On another note, is it possible to update the Saturday event menu to like a list like the shop menu when you're buying clothes or something else as a qol change? I've also seen a couple of places where you have the option to do something or not like in the mess hall or Yang combat training but other times you just get forced into stuff if you work in the dust shop or do aura training with Phyrra in the amphitheatre and you're forced to use the back button on the bottom right to get out. Some of the UI stuff like that just felt inconsistent/weird.

Last edited:

Lord Grim

Nov 25, 2017
Is there some kind of issue with Saturday events where if you have too many for Saturday they don't show up? I noticed it when I was following the guide and around the time I did the check for Velvet's 1st event it didn't show up. I did a bunch since and they haven't loaded after I cleared some out, I don't think I can do hers, the Winter, and the Qrow events as a result among some others. I haven't really noticed anything else, dunno if others have had this problem or not.

On another note, is it possible to update the Saturday event menu to like a list like the shop menu when you're buying clothes or something else as a qol change? I've also seen a couple of places where you have the option to do something or not like in the mess hall or Yang combat training but other times you just get forced into stuff if you work in the dust shop or do aura training with Phyrra in the amphitheatre and you're forced to use the back button on the bottom right to get out. Some of the UI stuff like that just felt inconsistent/weird.
I almost had this problem I just have to scroll down

Reactions: jwalker1337

jwalker1337

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks my guy. Probably missed it because it's light green on top of white, and because the first two 'maybe i could' buttons auto populate with stuff and I assumed those would populate with new stuff rather than two new options appearing where I can't see them. Why would I look for something when I don't think I need to. Now I gotta replay a the last few weeks to do the events I want, commit and keep going on day 90-100, or drop the game for right now and wait for the next few updates like I've been doing. Maybe I'm being too harsh but UI stuff like this drives me up the wall.

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Before I forget (apologies if this has been posted in the past 3 pages or so, I'll read them later):
There's a few inconsistencies in character progress.
F.Ex., Blake's "choose next book" option comes up before she's suggested as much in a mid-week reading session, and in Emerald's puzzle hunt, I was able to go to the city first, even though she didn't give me that hint yet, with the result that I couldn't progress anymore until a reloaded and followed the first hint first.
Also, as a bit of feedback, that bit about being awkward around Penny after the weekend was interrupted by a 'weekend with Weiss' follow-up, where David and Penny were going to class together - maybe it'd make more sense to move that follow-up to Tuesday, just in case players trigger it in that week? Or the other way around, of course.

FutureCandy

May 5, 2021
Where do i put the patch for the nsfw content ?

Just need to be in the same folder as the .exe or some specific folder ?

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Not exactly. There are some similarities but there's no Lavos, so to speak :p

Okay, regarding Nasu, what I don't like is that his VNs -and so most of the ones that got inspired by it after FS/N got retroactively famous because of the Anime- waste your time. A lot. It overdescribes and overwrites everything and there's also a lot of scenes and details that shouldn't be there to begin with.

In one word: post-Nasuboom VNs are awfully paced. It wasn't a trend that started with FS/N but its popularity accelerated the way it overtook VN writing.

Regarding Tsukihime, I actually liked it much more than FS/N if only because it's much shorter so that kind of bad pacing doesn't really overstay its welcome. If you put it in something as long as FS/N, instead... Yeah.
Honestly, all visual novels I ever played were either older than FSN, or at least from before the UBW movie (doubt anyone would call the first anime a source for any boom). Of course, excluding Fate Stay Night itself and Fate Hollow Ataraxia. And Fate Grand Order, but the story there is in separate chunks with fighting in-between (some of them seem really forced too) so it feels different.
So... I guess I can't really get it, mainly because I did not live through it I guess. But I get how it could be an annoyance.

But I did not notice him overdescribing much myself, although there were some repetitions. But again, at least in the first playthrough he is presenting the whole magical system, about both mages and servants and how they fit into the urban fantasy setting... And I did enjoy how some of the info is kept unmentioned in the player data files, until the characters pull from there near the end.

But yeah, despite being shorter I also liked Tsukihime more. Even played the Plus disc with the mystic eyes alliance and then Kagetsu Tohya, my second time time loop game after Majora's Mask 64 (still my favorite Zelda).
Honestly makes me want to try my hand into a loop story. But... there was a certain Naruto fanfiction that showed me how it could go very, very wrong too...

MegaApe

Oct 18, 2017
i dont know if this is a bug or what but when you fight that gray monster where you need to ice him up, it would never die I've been in the fight for 15 minuets but nothing happens, I've tried everything.

FutureCandy

May 5, 2021
Is this game bug it said lewd's archive not installed and yes in the game I call the number and press yes
Yes the nsfw stuff is separated so just download and extract in the game, the download is on itch.io.

Idk the reason why but i guess is problems with the platform where the game is available or just making its sfw version available too.

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
Yes the nsfw stuff is separated so just download and extract in the game, the download is on itch.io.

Idk the reason why but i guess is problems with the platform where the game is available or just making its sfw version available too.
So just speaking from experience as someone that has worked on a team to dev adult games... just having "Adult" in the title can restrict the views your game can get... "ie Age Gate"... so by having the game censored by default and having all the lewds as a separate DL means the game can be listed as PG on more family-friendly websites... and being that the source material is already PG with a huge fanbase... means it's already going to be scrutinized very heavily... and as some other devs might also say... the wrong kind of scrutiny can hose a game real quick...

so yeah... doing it this way might mean more work so you can fap... but as a dev... it means more accessibility to the game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is all just my speculations and opinions as to why no prons right up front... but hey... take it with a grain of salt... or just leave it...

Talosa

Dec 22, 2017
I did watch the first four seasons of RWBY before and I thought this was written pretty well figuring what you were going off of.

Deowar

Aug 5, 2017
Need help. During the final battle between Penny and Pyrrha. Pyrrha wins, especially when I'm trying to quickly scroll through the text to the right point. The image of Pyrrha's eyes just appears for a short moment and throws me into the menu.

Last edited:

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
Need help. During the final battle between Penny and Pyrrha. Pyrrha wins, especially when I'm trying to quickly scroll through the text to the right point. The image of Pyrrha's eyes just appears for a short moment and throws me into the menu.
short version: READ WHAT PENNY TELLS YOU (you get a game over screen but clicking it skips it)

Edit: never mind, you cheated your stats so pyrrha is fucking jacked right now

Deowar

Aug 5, 2017
short version: READ WHAT PENNY TELLS YOU (you get a game over screen but clicking it skips it)

Edit: never mind, you cheated your stats so pyrrha is fucking jacked right now

So I hacked an old save and tried to add Penny, more lives. I thought it was because she was weak.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Is there actual Sex/Lewd Scenes or is this a hidden No Sexual Tag?
My comment is based on a few versions back, pre rpa styled lewd patching and before VA was added.

There are, but more as a slight extra via patching. This is a game you play for the plot. So if you aren't a fan of RWBY and just here for the faps, you probably won't like it.

Reactions: voltairepop
4.40 star(s) 28 Votes