Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Meinos Kaen, thank you for the great game!
I really love it, maybe even more than the original show

BTW, aren't you afraid that Rooster Teeth can claim Patreon to block your game due to the rights violation?
I heard, that they are highly protective of their intellectual property ( )

I asked another platform's support similar question - if this legal to publish RWBY content there or not, and they said that if RT send them official complaint - they will act upon
(In the email they prohibited sharing information from it, so without names, but you can guess who I'm talking about)
Actually, once at the very start of the development process, two or three releases in, I got copyright claimed by RT on Tumblr. I sent them an email, got no answer. I put their disclaimer on all my pages and from then on, didn't get bothered again.

Honestly, I think at this point RT has bigger things to worry about than a fan-game, and they need all the fan goodwill they can get.

Kainit103

Jun 5, 2020
Hello. I have a problem with the work of the phone inside the game. It does not display received messages (Nio's Quest) and only the Encyclopedia works from these tabs (more precisely, only the event tab, and then only the "Awakening" and "JPDE Team" events are marked there). Tell me how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

TJoshua

Apr 30, 2017
Meinos Kaen
please let their be a chance that David learns magic in the sequel because the chance of him being able to use it is very high considering what he is and what happened to him. Oh and i did the Kali date event wow just wow you really out did yourself(y)(y).

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Nope. There's one young character but she's off limits for lewds and romance.
So if there's no lolicon content in the game, why put it in the tags? If people are looking for that, then you are misleading them. If they don't want that content, then they are much more likely to skip your game because the tags indicate that you have it. What's your game plan here?

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
So if there's no lolicon content in the game, why put it in the tags? If people are looking for that, then you are misleading them. If they don't want that content, then they are much more likely to skip your game because the tags indicate that you have it. What's your game plan here?
My game plan is: I did not make this thread nor add any tags :3

TJoshua

Apr 30, 2017
Nope. There's one young character but she's off limits for lewds and romance.
at the very least you could put in a brother and sister relationship between the mc and the little one to give it a more family feel with the viewers that would be a good idea don't you think

TJoshua

Apr 30, 2017
Meinos Kaen try to give david and janara a brother and sister relationship as a route because it would be cute to see that and it would be funny to see David try to be a big brother don't you think:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Meinos Kaen try to give david and janara a brother and sister relationship as a route because it would be cute to see that and it would be funny to see David try to be a big brother don't you think:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .
Na man, We need more tragedy (and a better combat system) in this game. I want half the people we care about in this game to be dead by the halfway point of the second game, and I want it to be heart wrenching. I want it to be devastating, and Janara is the perfect candidate to have a soul-breaking death scene. I want things to get much, much worse before they get better.

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
Not trying to make more work, but do you have plans on making the romance carry over to JPDE 2 or are you going to use the "courtesy ending" as canon?
you can/will be able to choose in the beginning of JPDE 2 who you took to the dance in JPDE 1 as one of the main things

but there are some things that are already seen as canon like Neos route as an example

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
Na man, We need more tragedy (and a better combat system) in this game. I want half the people we care about in this game to be dead by the halfway point of the second game, and I want it to be heart wrenching. I want it to be devastating, and Janara is the perfect candidate to have a soul-breaking death scene. I want things to get much, much worse before they get better.
yeah... i can tell you that meinos isnt the kind of guy who would go that way in his story^^ and even if he thinks about it i will 100% convince him to not go that way XD i need to use my power as now "co-writer" some way XD

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
...why?

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I'm about to throw my uneducated opinions around, so read on if you feel like losing a good chunk of brain cells.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Next up are two basic nitpicks I have. They are even more opinionated than the rest, so feel free to ignore them.
These are just my opinions, and of course, there's no need to put any stock in them, and I'm very much learning that it's far easier to criticize than it is to create. Despite my misgivings, I'm still excited to see where you take this story and wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
I'm about to throw my uneducated opinions around, so read on if you feel like losing a good chunk of brain cells.
Next up are two basic nitpicks I have. They are even more opinionated than the rest, so feel free to ignore them.
These are just my opinions, and of course, there's no need to put any stock in them, and I'm very much learning that it's far easier to criticize than it is to create. Despite my misgivings, I'm still excited to see where you take this story and wish you the best of luck.
None taken. I agree with some of the stuff you said, actually. :) JPDE has been a learning experience and there's some stuff that I would have done differently had me from now been there instead of the me from back then.

One thing I have a different PoV on is the 'danger' thing. I disagree that a story needs to always make you think a character may be in mortal danger to be interesting or not boring. There's a spectrum between Flawless Victory and Fatality, and just because a character survives a situation doesn't mean that there aren't any consequences.

Stories whose only option for drama is making you wonder if/when a character is going to die are very boring to me, and wasteful. Killing a character off means killing off any other possible interaction they might have had with the world around them and other characters. So no. I don't like to kill a lot of characters. Character death, when it happens, should mean something other than 'oh characters can die'.

Of course characters can die. The question though should always be 'if', not 'when'.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes