Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
you can/will be able to choose in the beginning of JPDE 2 who you took to the dance in JPDE 1 as one of the main things

but there are some things that are already seen as canon like Neos route as an example
GREAT Because as MUCH as I like Rubes, I feel like the others are a much better fit for David

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
The sequel is out for anyone who's interested: JPDE2 - Adagio of Darkness, 1.0. It's a JRPG made in RPG MAKER MZ.

It won't contain lewds, though. Apologies. D:

Kunshira

Jan 20, 2022
Went through a playthrough. It was quite enjoyable, but Agni's voice was a bit jarring and was enough of an issue to have voices muted. I'd probably start a new game again quite soon, however I need to know a few things before doing so.

Is there more than one ending/way the events of the game play out based on your choices, and if so, what are the crucial choices one can make to go down these routes?(I can only think of one, whether you went very far with Cinder or not, but I'd like to know of others regardless if the player's choices have a signifigant impact in how it plays out)

Why is the phase of the moon so important? In my quest to find out a way to have the game keep repeating a saturday(it failed) I saw that some effort was put into the whole thing to ensure that the game kept track of the phases of the moon as well as the month instead of simply having a day counter.

Edit: I read that there might be a sequel planned. Is the sequel going to assume that you only really got romantically involved with Penny and Evelyn and have others start off as a 'friend' sort of level or is there going to be some sort of... save continuity thing that affects how the sequel starts for you?
I couldn't get voices to work kept forcing me to skip or rollback.

Majere40

Jan 19, 2018
Is there any "villain date", either Cinder or Neo? Sure, I cannot imagine anything romantic with either, but still the possibility gives me some thrill/morbid fascination.

Niahrleak

Jun 2, 2018
if you have a nameable mc, why the hell do you voice the default name?, its annoying af hearing other name to the one you use. it would make more sense if the name you input was treated as a nick, or a second name, instead of replacing it, then still being called David over and over again.

Last edited:

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Anyone having issues with voice not working from the get go.
You need to install the VO patch.

if you have a nameable mc, why the hell do you voice the default name?, its annoying af hearing other name to the one you use. it would make more sense if the name you input was treated as a nick, or a second name, instead of replacing it, then still being called David over and over again.
Because at first I wasn't planning for voice acting. Then when I put it in I realized that dialogue where your friends never call you by your first name like in Persona is stupid and also I would have to rewrite the entire script.

Kunshira

Jan 20, 2022
You need to install the VO patch.

Because at first I wasn't planning for voice acting. Then when I put it in I realized that dialogue where your friends never call you by your first name like in Persona is stupid and also I would have to rewrite the entire script.
The thing is I do... which is why it's wierd.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
when are the lewd seances viewable i downloaded the patch and it does show up on the title screen and im 77 days in have i missed it or have i just not reached a point yet even though the mc and one other personal already had sex

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Meinos Kaen Can I ask what the context of this is? This gives a bit of an impression of me of this was at least was a big issue.
disclamer i tried to remove personal opinion/bias but due to not following this i have a limited capacity to do this
i have only limited knowledge of it (what was seen from the side) but it apeared that CBLT devs asked to use some of JPDE assets for their game and where given permission. then (coincidentally at the time most of JPDE staff reportedly either were dumped or quit in protest) as CBLT got traction and seemed to have a faster dev process the permission was retracted sending that game reeling in a panic to replace them. the game effectively stopped updating for a couple of years so there probably was a lot of assets used as well as some shared chars (it was supposed to be a spin off of this story i think). at that point i willfully tuned out this kerfuffle to preserve my mental health. it is nice that the issue seems solved amicably (as CBLT still seem to use some characters that i think were created by JPDE).

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes