Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
disclamer i tried to remove personal opinion/bias but due to not following this i have a limited capacity to do this
i have only limited knowledge of it (what was seen from the side) but it apeared that CBLT devs asked to use some of JPDE assets for their game and where given permission. then (coincidentally at the time most of JPDE staff reportedly either were dumped or quit in protest) as CBLT got traction and seemed to have a faster dev process the permission was retracted sending that game reeling in a panic to replace them. the game effectively stopped updating for a couple of years so there probably was a lot of assets used as well as some shared chars (it was supposed to be a spin off of this story i think). at that point i willfully tuned out this kerfuffle to preserve my mental health. it is nice that the issue seems solved amicably (as CBLT still seem to use some characters that i think were created by JPDE).
Heeeeeeh, not exactly. The retracting of the original permission to use the materials was a result of what transpired (which I won't get into out of respect for everyone involved) but it wasn't 'OMG THEY'RE DOING STUFF I CAN'T MAKE THEM UPSTAGE ME'. lol And no, CBLT was never supposed to be a spin-off of JPDE.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Heeeeeeh, not exactly. The retracting of the original permission to use the materials was a result of what transpired (which I won't get into out of respect for everyone involved) but it wasn't 'OMG THEY'RE DOING STUFF I CAN'T MAKE THEM UPSTAGE ME'. lol And no, CBLT was never supposed to be a spin-off of JPDE.
For what i read from CBLT page... It seems they "FORK" JPDE and try to do their own game, with permission to use assets as placeholder until they can replace them (while reworking the code), which "in theory" could save time (if that could be truth in all cases, Wayland wouldn't come to replace x11). As i understood, is similar to openoffice with libreoffice differences, but in this case CBLT just have (or had?) the benefit for a while. That's very considerated.

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
Cool.

Can you also tell me a few more things please?

1)Do you choose whether to romance them or not? Or is the romance not-optional?
2)Is this a harem game or can you be monogomous? And if you can be monogomous are there any consequances for romancing multiple teammates?
3)Are all the other romances optional?
1. No, the team is forced romanced, except for Jack' because she isn't romancable.
2. JPDE is a Harem, whether you decide to go after any girls or not you are ALWAYS going to be with both Penny and Evelyn
3. Yes all other romances are optional, BUT you can not get every romance since you only have so many days until the end. Which makes you only able to fully romance/go on the full 4 dates of 6 girls IIRC? None of those 6 are Penny or Evelyn since they are CANON to the story.

is there a way to edit money i just want to get all the costumes
Yes, there are multiple ways to edit money. You can either go to which is what I use to edit JPDE or there are exe's you can find and download. Google Renpy Save Editor if you have trouble with it, but the website I said is way easier to use.

Last edited:

randomman11

Oct 19, 2018
So, I did all of the events using editor to turn back time, just to see all the scenes, and now I'm at the vytal festival dance- yet the only options besides Ruby's are Yang and Weiss. I didn't of course finish *all* the routes, but I did finish Blake's. Are they simply not in the game yet?

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Cool.

Can you also tell me a few more things please?

1)Do you choose whether to romance them or not? Or is the romance not-optional?
2)Is this a harem game or can you be monogomous? And if you can be monogomous are there any consequances for romancing multiple teammates?
3)Are all the other romances optional?
seeing as noone seems to have answered yet:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
all in all these are written quite well and romances are believable and polyamory is mostly addressed, the exception to good writing is summer rose stuff but with what they done with that in cannon I've lowered my expectations at this point.
I'm sure i'm forgetting something but oh well

Reactions: Kadajko

Milleniumt

May 20, 2021
Can I ask if anyone knows if the Android version of JPDE is able to be transferred to an SD Card instead of an Android's own storage?

Previously when I had this in my Tablet that I wasn't able to put in to my SD Card and had to remove it due to how big it is but recently I saw some of the Games I downloaded are now able to be stored into the SD Cards and I'm wondering if JPDE is part of this list and it would be great if it actually could especially considering how big this game is in terms of storage.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
So ugh I just figured out I didn't install the lewd patch until recently but I didn't really get far in the story anyway I'm at where Ruby and Yang is talking about making MC's weapon. I didn't miss any H-scenes did I?

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
So ugh I just figured out I didn't install the lewd patch until recently but I didn't really get far in the story anyway I'm at where Ruby and Yang is talking about making MC's weapon. I didn't miss any H-scenes did I?
I don't THINK so... IIRC that happens before the party, which is where the first scene happens. Kind of Spoiler? There is only 3? sex scenes in the entire game that are canon. There is a handful that are given as "prizes" for talking to a specific character, but they are essentially erotica in game

After you install the patch make sure to call the lewd number on your scroll or it won't actually show the pictures

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
so i cheated to get all events in one playthrough and now I'm suck fighting at the finals where I get instakilled. is there anyway to fix/save this so i don't have to redo just to see the ending?

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
so i cheated to get all events in one playthrough and now I'm suck fighting at the finals where I get instakilled. is there anyway to fix/save this so i don't have to redo just to see the ending?
In the Pyrra fight? I personally always debug edit Penny's Aura or paura
To debug edit you have to change the value in your console.rpy file to true... there are probably easy ways to find the how to, even on this site

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
In the Pyrra fight? I personally always debug edit Penny's Aura or paura
To debug edit you have to change the value in your console.rpy file to true... there are probably easy ways to find the how to, even on this site
thanks for the help. I finally beat the game and wow even with having seen the show I was not expected it to end the way it did

Reactions: Alygness

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
I don't THINK so... IIRC that happens before the party, which is where the first scene happens. Kind of Spoiler? There is only 3? sex scenes in the entire game that are canon. There is a handful that are given as "prizes" for talking to a specific character, but they are essentially erotica in game

After you install the patch make sure to call the lewd number on your scroll or it won't actually show the pictures
Thanks for that heads up. That's really disappointing. I knew this was a story oriented Visual Novel but only 3 H-scenes? Ugh well too late now I already started reading.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks for that heads up. That's really disappointing. I knew this was a story oriented Visual Novel but only 3 H-scenes? Ugh well too late now I already started reading.
I think it can have 4 (depending on weather you picked a completed dance date). The erotica stories are almost mandatory (they give you good shit) and i think have perhaps 3 more. there probably will be more but it appears that the dev developed an aversion to lewd mid development cycle if the sequel is any indication.
to be fair i haven't played for a couple of updates so i don't know how amber scene is and i counted it in so do with this info what you will.
the 3 dance scenes are ruby, weiss and yang. ruby's scene is in dire need of rework tho
evelyn's scene got reworked a while back for some reason and now breaks the continuity a little

Alygness

Jun 12, 2018
I think it can have 4 (depending on weather you picked a completed dance date). The erotica stories are almost mandatory (they give you good shit) and i think have perhaps 3 more. there probably will be more but it appears that the dev developed an aversion to lewd mid development cycle if the sequel is any indication.
to be fair i haven't played for a couple of updates so i don't know how amber scene is and i counted it in so do with this info what you will.
the 3 dance scenes are ruby, weiss and yang. ruby's scene is in dire need of rework tho
evelyn's scene got reworked a while back for some reason and now breaks the continuity a little
I FORGOT that one! I don't usually count dreams as REAL but I guess since it's done WILLINGLY, It's probably close enough

Personally I feel like Ruby doesn't feel like a good fit for David myself. I am a Weiss/Yang man. Weiss fits IMO with David the best and Yang is a close second.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes