alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Might actually take quite a while
Newest blog post says they are switching to unity
He estimated a year and my own experience learning Visual Basic would agree with that as a minimum. That said, he is working on it while learning, which I was not expecting him to do. I was expecting him to put things on hold for the time it took to at least get the most basic skills and knowledge he needed for this specific project down even if he didn't wait to get all the skills and knowledge he needed down. This part about putting things on hold is why I never suggest going into conversion in the middle of a project, which I am happy he did not do.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
How do you guys run these games on windows without Flash? Can someone recommend a good program ?
Flash Projector. Same company, standalone player that is unaffected by the Flash shutdown, especially the copy on the Google Drive repository.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Time for another recolor showcase for the audience, I think this color scheme suits Rennas, now for the fun part, can you guess correctly on whom this edit is based on?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The color scheme of her armor and her hair really make me want to guess Rin Tohsaka for some reason, but then I look at the horns and start second guessing myself.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Delexicus

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
The color scheme of her armor and her hair really make me want to guess Rin Tohsaka for some reason, but then I look at the horns and start second guessing myself.
I left the horns original, but you are correct.
Hair, eyes, skin, fabric and armor are based on Tohsaka Rin.
Woohoo.png

Sauce pictures of the colors;

Wish these could be downloaded, i can't recolor for shit.
These asset recolors are done with simple color code change within the assets in question.
Here, let me teach you how its done.

1. Get notepad++ installed on your pc, skip if already installed.
1-B. Run the software.
2. Install JPEXs FFdec, skip if already installed
2-B. Run the software.
3. Open the desired Flash game within FFdec.
3-B. Go to the asset folder called "Shapes", and choose all asset you wish to recolor, pick as many as you want.
3-C. Export all chosen assets in SVG-100% format in a folder of your choice with 'Export selection' command after pressing right mouse button.
4. Drag one of the exported asset files into Notepad++
4-B. Look for anything with '#numbers', these are colors.
4-C. Make a new tab for the colors, copy paste color codes into it.
5. Choose a picture of a character you wish to use as color base.
5-B. Go to this and upload the picture there.
5-C. Use the site to pick the color codes you need for hair, skin, clothing/armor, eyes, etc.
6. If you have no access svg file preview, I suggest to download such a tool via google, helps out with process a lot.
7. Start by changing one of the colors codes in the asset file tab to your chosen color, look though preview on what color it was.
7-B. Pick up all the color codes this way from the asset file and make a copy of those.
8. Press CTRL+H on Notepad++, choose middle tab "Find in files".
8-B. Specify the target asset folder from Directory and hit save.
9. Put the asset color code on "Find what" and your code to "Replace with".
9-C. Press "Replace in files".
10. You just recolored ALL colors within the folder with your chosen assets with that code.
10-B. Repeat until all colors have been edited.
11. Fun part, import all those files back into the game either via FFdec (1 by 1), or one the tools that we have at our disposal, all possible files at a time (requires few manual replacements done via FFdec).

Note, make sure you never export asset files from different flash files to same folder.

Example; JSK main game asset should be in their own folder, and not mixed in with sub folder assets.
Same with sub folder game files, do not mix those between the other sub folder file assets.

I'll save you the trouble of finding the asset colors for Rennas, just run the replace command with Notepad++ on those color codes on the asset folder in question and you're done with the recolor part.

It may seem like hard work with all those steps, but in action, its just few clicks from the mouse and few copy pastes.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 1289053

These asset recolors are done with simple color code change within the assets in question.

1-B. Run the software.
2-B. Run the software.
3-B. Go to the asset folder called "Shapes", and choose all asset you wish to recolor, pick as many as you want.
3-C. Export all chosen assets in SVG-100% format in a folder of your choice with 'Export selection' command after pressing right mouse button.
5-C. Use the site to pick the color codes you need for hair, skin, clothing/armor, eyes, etc.
6. If you have no access svg file preview, I suggest to download such a tool via google, helps out with process a lot.
7. Start by changing one of the colors codes in the asset file tab to your chosen color, look though preview on what color it was.
7-B. Pick up all the color codes this way from the asset file and make a copy of those.
10. You just recolored ALL colors within the folder with your chosen assets with that code.
11. Fun part, import all those files back into the game either via FFdec (1 by 1), or one the tools that we have at our disposal, all possible files at a time (requires few manual replacements done via FFdec).

Note, make sure you never export asset files from different flash files to same folder.

Example; JSK main game asset should be in their own folder, and not mixed in with sub folder assets.
Same with sub folder game files, do not mix those between the other sub folder file assets.

I'll save you the trouble of finding the asset colors for Rennas, just run the replace command with Notepad++ on those color codes on the asset folder in question and you're done with the recolor part.

It may seem like hard work with all those steps, but in action, its just few clicks from the mouse and few copy pastes.
For those wondering, this is considered the manual way of changing colors in flash games. The tools being developed over in Translators Corner land are much quicker and easier than this process. We just need more time to test and debug before the recolor tool is ready for release.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
View attachment 1289053

1-B. Run the software.
2-B. Run the software.

I...was totally expecting to be wrong with that guess. Great tutorial, by the way. Very easy to understand and even someone like me, someone with absolutely zero Flash or asset recoloring experience, stands a chance of doing things right.

Any news on when the 48h undownloadable period will be over? I've heard it's to help JKS's sales but I'm a horny bastard
Nope, nothing on DLSite, just only the last release was the loli one, but nothing of the 2 girls
Assuming you both are asking about the same game, and assuming the game is the one I'm thinking of that has been out for some time now, pretty sure we're not just waiting on a time limit, but for someone else to get the translation done. I don't know, I might be wrong depending on the game we're talking about.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes