justTx

Jan 21, 2020
I mean, to be fair, most cases of non-Japanese players playing Japanese games are technically piracy even if the reason is because there's no non-piracy way to play it outside Japan. I can get where the Japanese developers are coming from with that, though they are lumping those who would pay if they could in with those who would not pay no matter what, which isn't totally fair.
I agree with what you're saying, but I can't understand how they would assume that because of one or two bad apples, the whole tree is rotten.
Also, keep in mind that having it exclusively set to Japan does more harm than good. By having more awareness/audience, the product/game is sure to sell more, even if people are getting the "discounted version".

Plus it's hard to just go throwing around money without even trying out a game. There are those who can support, and those that can't, like you said. But it's hard to buy the cow if you've never even tried the milk, or however that saying goes.
I guess in JSK's case, he has demos available on the DLsite. Now if he'd just allow the English ports/translations/etc and feedback, that'd be great.

King_Yuki

Dec 3, 2021
I agree with what you're saying, but I can't understand how they would assume that because of one or two bad apples, the whole tree is rotten.
All it really takes is one or two bad experiences as history shown. I am not a fan of it but I get where JSK and other Japanese creators are coming form being super protective of their IPs from outsiders.

• Sad
Reactions: justTx

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Also, keep in mind that having it exclusively set to Japan does more harm than good. By having more awareness/audience, the product/game is sure to sell more, even if people are getting the "discounted version".

Plus it's hard to just go throwing around money without even trying out a game. There are those who can support, and those that can't, like you said. But it's hard to buy the cow if you've never even tried the milk, or however that saying goes.
I guess in JSK's case, he has demos available on the DLsite. Now if he'd just allow the English ports/translations/etc and feedback, that'd be great.
It could stem from the group mentality that is central to modern Japanese culture. If one is bad, all are bad because they are all one group, not a single individual. I understand the part about having it exclusive to Japan, but some Japanese developers do not and some that do understand are of the impression that we westerners wouldn't accept it. It's like their abundance of loli games, there are many westerners who don't like it and some who would love to see that stuff banned entirely because 'think of the children' crap comes into play as if the characters in those games are real or those games lead to real crimes with real children. This is why we westerners can't have nice things, like JSK games, because other westerners have given rise to a view of the west that is not in our favor and sites like Twitter make it much worse.

It is, especially for people on a strict budget like me. He does have demos, but they aren't playable with little to no skill in reading Japanese. There are some people who don't have that skill, but can speak it and understand it by ear, again like me, but that skill doesn't help in an entirely text based dialogue game like these. I would set up a separate fund specifically to buy JSK games if I could actually play them from official sources, he's more than earned my money, but as it stands, literally the only source allowing me to play his games right now is the source he doesn't like, this community.

Reactions: justTx
Mar 13, 2019
There's a Google link on the first page for the SWF and Unity files for PC, Cyber Eclipse's signature has the MEGA for APKs for Android, but keep in mind that Unity based games are not currently convertable to APK format due to a lack of Unity project files, which only JSK has.

It technically is, but the works themselves aren't the target like piracy usually goes for, the target of this community is to expand the player base beyond what JSK is able and willing to reach through translating his work because most people outside Japan can't read Japanese. The goal of this community isn't really the distribution of the games themselves, just the translations, but the games and the translations aren't something that can be given separately in anything even resembling an efficient manner.

We're dealing with a Japanese developer here, those mostly only take feedback from Japanese players IF they take feedback at all. To most Japanese developers, communities like this are still seen as a useless detriment and not a potential benefit to their player numbers. They don't see our translation as being a good thing, they see our distributing full copies of the game as a bad thing even if that full copy is not and never was the target for distribution.
I've always said this when it came to Japanese Devs and this bullshit. When you hear and see that fans overseas are pirating your game not because of price but because of the language barrier to where fansubs are needed and you refuse to fix that issue via official translations, you cannot complain when they start pirating. You also cannot release a Japanese product, untranslated*Cough* when Eng DLSite was a thing *cough*, into a foreign market and expect it to sell well. The saying goes: Piracy is not a pricing issue it is a service issue. Most people can afford a fucking 10$ game. The problem is for foreign fans how can they enjoy the story of 大魔王様R when the language barrier is a exists? Because it boils down then to them paying 10$ for a bunch of good ass H scenes and the mascot of his entire game series aka Demon Lord Yumisu.

Mar 13, 2019
It could stem from the group mentality that is central to modern Japanese culture. If one is bad, all are bad because they are all one group, not a single individual. I understand the part about having it exclusive to Japan, but some Japanese developers do not and some that do understand are of the impression that we westerners wouldn't accept it. It's like their abundance of loli games, there are many westerners who don't like it and some who would love to see that stuff banned entirely because 'think of the children' crap comes into play as if the characters in those games are real or those games lead to real crimes with real children. This is why we westerners can't have nice things, like JSK games, because other westerners have given rise to a view of the west that is not in our favor and sites like Twitter make it much worse.

It is, especially for people on a strict budget like me. He does have demos, but they aren't playable with little to no skill in reading Japanese. There are some people who don't have that skill, but can speak it and understand it by ear, again like me, but that skill doesn't help in an entirely text based dialogue game like these. I would set up a separate fund specifically to buy JSK games if I could actually play them from official sources, he's more than earned my money, but as it stands, literally the only source allowing me to play his games right now is the source he doesn't like, this community.
Yeah fuck that group mentality ass bullshit that seems to be a thing in the Japanese community. Because by their own fucking shitty ass rules considering people like me actually want to learn their language and not be associated with this barbaric hypocritical Western society, I could easily label them as Xenophobic because since one is doing it all of em are bad against people that actually wanna hang around them, game with them, learn their culture despite that I might not agree with some of the shit that they do and tell them the Western perspective of shit, for their actions alone I've heard myself when I hopped in Japanese lobbies. Now what I cannot understand is how some Japanese can sit here and put this dedication to learning English and actually be good at it yet switch the roles to English dudes learning Japanese and a majority of the time most dudes will fail hard.

ShrekTheOgre

Apr 29, 2019
We're just volunteers.
The current JSK translation & modding group is only us few people that are active. A lot of them has gone missing & inactive for a LONG time. We're not at all sure what happened to those older translators before us.
Our group was formed way~ after JSK's hiatus. Probably formed around the time Magical Girl Buster was released. JSK went into hiatus after maybe Shoplifting girl or Overthrow! The Demon Queen (original Yumisu). He even created tons of draft designs of heroines that never made it to light. Maybe because he was depressed & had to cope up with life.
View attachment 1530080
Like these two. The older draft projects of JSK that he possibly abandoned working with due to depression. Left being maybe Shoplifting girl & the right being MGB.
Oh, I didn't know Shoplifting girl had footjob can you tell me how do you get that scene

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
Is anyone else having trouble with Reimi, the Queen of Martial Arts? None of the sex scenes are working for me
You need all the game files, not just the main swf.
Your Reimi folder should contain these files;

1638749734844.png

If it doesn't contain all of those, you're missing files from the game, and since you can't do the lewd scenes, you're missing the entire sub folder and its content.

But if you have all the necessary game files, then there is something wrong and I do not know the cause.

person097

Apr 5, 2018
Oh mighty lords Cyber Eclipse and Icevail, how goes the recolors? I know a few are added to the folder. And as always, thank you for your work

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I've always said this when it came to Japanese Devs and this bullshit. When you hear and see that fans overseas are pirating your game not because of price but because of the language barrier to where fansubs are needed and you refuse to fix that issue via official translations, you cannot complain when they start pirating. You also cannot release a Japanese product, untranslated*Cough* when Eng DLSite was a thing *cough*, into a foreign market and expect it to sell well. The saying goes: Piracy is not a pricing issue it is a service issue. Most people can afford a fucking 10$ game. The problem is for foreign fans how can they enjoy the story of 大魔王様R when the language barrier is a exists? Because it boils down then to them paying 10$ for a bunch of good ass H scenes and the mascot of his entire game series aka Demon Lord Yumisu.
I mean, they can, their complaints just hold no weight because they are the cause of the piracy through their lack of action. The second part, definitely not, it would only sell to people who were determined, were actually Japanese, or are capable of reading the language, which accounts for a very small part of the western community. His art is good, but it isn't enough when he put all that text in there, especially with games that require certain choices for certain endings.

Yeah fuck that group mentality ass bullshit that seems to be a thing in the Japanese community. Because by their own fucking shitty ass rules considering people like me actually want to learn their language and not be associated with this barbaric hypocritical Western society, I could easily label them as Xenophobic because since one is doing it all of em are bad against people that actually wanna hang around them, game with them, learn their culture despite that I might not agree with some of the shit that they do and tell them the Western perspective of shit, for their actions alone I've heard myself when I hopped in Japanese lobbies. Now what I cannot understand is how some Japanese can sit here and put this dedication to learning English and actually be good at it yet switch the roles to English dudes learning Japanese and a majority of the time most dudes will fail hard.
Oh, it's a huge thing over there, though it's more an East Asia thing than a Japan thing. Xenophobic would not be inaccurate for some Japanese people, in fact, some of them are textbook definitions of the term. Not sure what you mean on that last part, so I'll address it as if talking about the language itself. Japanese is hard, very hard. I've been learning it in earnest for about a year now and there are still times when I screw up the readings, especially when switching writing systems from Hiragana to Katakana. I do just fine with audio, but give me just writing on the screen like in a JSK game and I fail hard and fast.

...new apk Google drive
These are Unity games, an APK cannot be made without files only JSK has.

link to the translated uncensored version of the new game ?
First post in the thread, assuming it is even released yet because these things take time to make.

Don't you hate when that happens and you gotta, once again, explain to folks what you already explained thousands of times?
Just a typical day on F95, this is much worse on other threads I frequent.

Reactions: BegoneThrot
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes