Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
1718562889427.jpeg

New scene! Another position during the transition from a throwing technique.

Just a thought, the censoring on this one's egregious which has me wondering out of curiosity - how long do decensor mods usually take for JSK games, and how much effort has to go into them? I assume the decensored assets exist within the game files and modders aren't having to redraw entire assets?

Last edited:

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
View attachment 3742093

Just a thought, the censoring on this one's egregious which has me wondering out of curiosity - how long do decensor mods usually take for JSK games, and how much effort has to go into them? I assume the decensored assets exist within the game files and modders aren't having to redraw entire assets?
Based on my observation of how decensor team works, it depends on the type of game.

Most of them have a pixelated image applied as a texture to a 2d panel. For these, replacing the pixelated image asset with a fully translarent one is enough to send the censorship away.

A few games however combine the above censorship with censored intimate parts assets, usually the male genitalia. For those, the censored intimate parts have to be redraw/replaced with uncensored equivalents. That's where decensor becomes tricky.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Based on my observation of how decensor team works, it depends on the type of game.

Most of them have a pixelated image applied as a texture to a 2d panel. For these, replacing the pixelated image asset with a fully translarent one is enough to send the censorship away.

A few games however combine the above censorship with censored intimate parts assets, usually the male genitalia. For those, the censored intimate parts have to be redraw/replaced with uncensored equivalents. That's where decensor becomes tricky.
Yep, I'm aware! I've done a bit of decensor work for the latter type of game in fact, and it's a pain ;)

My question was just about whether JSK games are type 1 or type 2, or perhaps it varies with each JSK game - but I would assume they handle censorship in a consistent way, and I'm assuming it's type 1 given the amount of decensored mods that already exist for many of his games?

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

beppemistero

Jan 24, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JSK's games usually have two layers of censorship: The heaviest one is just a shader on top of the drawing. Then there is a lighter one on the artwork itself.
The first, heaviest layer, can be easily removed with a BepInEx plugin. The second one need the artwork to be redone.
But, usualy, removing only the first layer is alredy enough to enjoy the H content.

Bonehead21

Jul 14, 2023
This might be a little odd but I'd like him to make a game where you fight a more traditional transforming magical girl (that's like, just a highschooler who fights monsters of the week) instead of the weird interdimensional loli series he's got going on
I don't dislike those games, they're good and I like 'em, but I'm not super into loli while I love magical girls
Plus I think stuff like the love ending could be cute and she could even be forced to detransform when you beat her the 3rd time, it'd be neat

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rage Doe and Artix0

decagem

Feb 20, 2024
Being quite frank, when JSK moved to Unity, giving us his very first 3P game, I had pretty high expectations.
Then he gave us Maou-sama R with an item that allows you to turn the girl into a loli and a new MGB game where the girl has a chastity barrier. Those made my already high expections skyrocket.
After that, he resumed his old formula which, for me, worked for a pretty long time, but is now growing less and less effective.
For example, when his last game (ijirareko) came out, I took my time wondering if I should buy or just get it elsewhere before actually buying it.
For this new game however I'm not considering a purchase. In fact, I may not even bother playing it.

Reactions: Milk and Frogs
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes