3.10 star(s) 24 Votes

Frank Chateau

Feb 5, 2018
I am not trying to talk anyone out of supporting the dev on Patreon. Go for it if you like one or both games. Or consider it a tip jar and donate once for "services rendered" ;)

Personally, I am not interested in Dara and I didnt want to continue donating month after month for that game.
Also, while the engine is rough, everyime I have seen devs "redo the game in _____ engine" or "reoptimize the game so far" it is the death of the game.

Maybe this will be the exception -- Dev, feel free to chime in and prove me wrong

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I will say this, I think there are a lot of great devs that don't jerk people around, take the time to do great updates and complete their work with out starting other projects first. However, there are enough PoS devs that take peoples money and then don't do shit or drag it out so long and the just abandon their project after they feel like they have gotten what money they can out of people.

Those devs (the bad ones) I consider scammers and personally I there should be a list or something on this site that people can go to, to see just how many games an individual dev has started and abandoned. That way people can make a more informed decision if they want to down the game or if they want to contribute to the dev.

There are also individuals who do not support the devs at all that constantly demand updates, information etc. Those people are also part of the problem, just because a game is posted on this site people are NOT entitled to anything unless they financially contribute to the making of the game. Asking respectfully if anyone knows anything is one thing, demanding or being rude is another thing entirely. There are far to many ungrateful, rude and entitled people on this site.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
I will say this, I think there are a lot of great devs that don't jerk people around, take the time to do great updates and complete their work with out starting other projects first. However, there are enough PoS devs that take peoples money and then don't do shit or drag it out so long and the just abandon their project after they feel like they have gotten what money they can out of people.

Those devs (the bad ones) I consider scammers and personally I there should be a list or something on this site that people can go to, to see just how many games an individual dev has started and abandoned. That way people can make a more informed decision if they want to down the game or if they want to contribute to the dev.

There are also individuals who do not support the devs at all that constantly demand updates, information etc. Those people are also part of the problem, just because a game is posted on this site people are NOT entitled to anything unless they financially contribute to the making of the game. Asking respectfully if anyone knows anything is one thing, demanding or being rude is another thing entirely. There are far to many ungrateful, rude and entitled people on this site.
Doubt it's scamming since this game probably is more popular than the other and did pause donations during longer break. Looks more as a case of dev does whatever side project he/she feels like and everyone gets to ride along and donate if they feel like.. Either way not so great for those who donated and expect dev to work on this VN not the other.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I would call it a scam if the FIRST game the dev starts gets shelved after people donated to the dev for THAT game not the 2nd one. It feels like the only reason the first game was even started might have been to make the 2nd one and if that is the case I would call that a scam. People donated FOR THE FIRST GAME before the 2nd one was even known. Now people even when they donate for a specific game done by a specific dev don't have a say in what the dev does with that money. The dev unless I am mistaken never said they would only use the money donated for just that game but I am telling you that when devs do that kind of bait and switch bullshit they lose a lot of credibility.

I urge everyone who is considering supporting any dev not just this one to look at the number of games they have started an abandoned and be informed as to how scummy, how much of a scammer they are. MR CyberBonk, you can go on defending devs like this all you want, I actually give a damn about games being completed and people not getting riped off and the only way to stop that is to really call devs like this out and stop supporting them.

Now I hope this dev goes back to honoring the original reason they were supported but I have seen this far to often to believe it will happen.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
I would call it a scam if the FIRST game the dev starts gets shelved after people donated to the dev for THAT game not the 2nd one. It feels like the only reason the first game was even started might have been to make the 2nd one and if that is the case I would call that a scam. People donated FOR THE FIRST GAME before the 2nd one was even known. Now people even when they donate for a specific game done by a specific dev don't have a say in what the dev does with that money. The dev unless I am mistaken never said they would only use the money donated for just that game but I am telling you that when devs do that kind of bait and switch bullshit they lose a lot of credibility.

I urge everyone who is considering supporting any dev not just this one to look at the number of games they have started an abandoned and be informed as to how scummy, how much of a scammer they are. MR CyberBonk, you can go on defending devs like this all you want, I actually give a damn about games being completed and people not getting riped off and the only way to stop that is to really call devs like this out and stop supporting them.

Now I hope this dev goes back to honoring the original reason they were supported but I have seen this far to often to believe it will happen.
Well your definition of scam is very wide then.. Not defending the dev, I've actually been a big critic of this VN/game and been attacked for it by people who thought I was unreasonable shitting on game and dev for the engine :ROFLMAO:. I Like the story, premise and renders but have big issues with the engine, loopy play and lackluster updates and now this focus on other VN. So it's not on my list of projects I'd support in the long run. But this is also not on my shitlist of milking scams, doesn't qualify as scam for the reasons I previously stated.

Last edited:

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

Hello everyone!
As you probably know if you've followed my release posts, the next release for Julia YAD will be a QOL update. I've spent a lot of work over the last few months working on the game engine, fixing the slow and sluggish gameplay, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

Engine work is often slow and grueling, it requires sifting through tons of old code and rewriting a lot of it to bring it up to standard. But, I think you will all be very happy with the results, despite the long drought with no releases.

The new gameplay is quick and responsive, and playing through the first few days is a breeze compared.

This was an important update for the game, not only to help new players who might have felt discouraged to continue in the past but also for current fans who wish to replay the game to try different choices.

I am also adding a new much-needed "rewind" feature where you can go back to the start of the current scene, in case you made a choice you're unhappy with or accidentally clicked through a chat. You will also be able to hold down the spacebar to rapidly skip past chats, scenes, and transitions. Useful if you want to skip past certain parts without playing them.

There are a few more small features such as making you click less (it now takes one click to perform many actions that used to take 4 or 5), removing the horrendous brush-teeth animation, new title screens that you can unlock, and a few other small fixes, fixing a bug that was causing images to load fuzzy (they should all be high-res) replacing the Dara teen character with the new model, added new sounds, and a few other small fixes. I will probably be removing the 'skip intro' feature as it's no longer needed since you can now skip through the intro very quickly.

Now, here is the bad news... There will not be much in the line of 'new' content or scenes. I have pretty much exclusively been working on the engine. Once this update is out of the way, I will return to expanding the game and making new scenes. Hopefully, the scenes will bring you even more enjoyment with the new gameplay updates.
The engine is getting closer and closer to be ready and I should have a release date very soon.
As always, thanks for your support and patience! Renovating the Julia engine has been a slow but necessary task and brings the game closer to the vision I imagined when I started building the game

karlosos

Oct 9, 2017

Hello everyone!
As you probably know if you've followed my release posts, the next release for Julia YAD will be a QOL update. I've spent a lot of work over the last few months working on the game engine, fixing the slow and sluggish gameplay, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

Engine work is often slow and grueling, it requires sifting through tons of old code and rewriting a lot of it to bring it up to standard. But, I think you will all be very happy with the results, despite the long drought with no releases.

The new gameplay is quick and responsive, and playing through the first few days is a breeze compared.

This was an important update for the game, not only to help new players who might have felt discouraged to continue in the past but also for current fans who wish to replay the game to try different choices.

I am also adding a new much-needed "rewind" feature where you can go back to the start of the current scene, in case you made a choice you're unhappy with or accidentally clicked through a chat. You will also be able to hold down the spacebar to rapidly skip past chats, scenes, and transitions. Useful if you want to skip past certain parts without playing them.

There are a few more small features such as making you click less (it now takes one click to perform many actions that used to take 4 or 5), removing the horrendous brush-teeth animation, new title screens that you can unlock, and a few other small fixes, fixing a bug that was causing images to load fuzzy (they should all be high-res) replacing the Dara teen character with the new model, added new sounds, and a few other small fixes. I will probably be removing the 'skip intro' feature as it's no longer needed since you can now skip through the intro very quickly.

Now, here is the bad news... There will not be much in the line of 'new' content or scenes. I have pretty much exclusively been working on the engine. Once this update is out of the way, I will return to expanding the game and making new scenes. Hopefully, the scenes will bring you even more enjoyment with the new gameplay updates.
The engine is getting closer and closer to be ready and I should have a release date very soon.
As always, thanks for your support and patience! Renovating the Julia engine has been a slow but necessary task and brings the game closer to the vision I imagined when I started building the game
Ok, so looking forward to the update after next then. ;)

Reactions: palyanchp

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Well your definition of scam is very wide then.. Not defending the dev, I've actually been a big critic of this VN/game and been attacked for it by people who thought I was unreasonable shitting on game and dev for the engine :ROFLMAO:. I Like the story, premise and renders but have big issues with the engine, loopy play and lackluster updates and now this focus on other VN. So it's not on my list of projects I'd support in the long run. But this is also not on my shitlist of milking scams, doesn't qualify as scam for the reasons I previously stated.
See and I think people have their own views on things like the engine. I personally find it just fine but that does not mean someone else can't have a different view. I also believe that I did not say that this dev WAS being a scammer just that if he did drop Julia when people had donated in order to work on the 2nd game that, that would feel like a bait and switch type situation. I am irritated that the dev is working on the 2nd game at all over Julia as again if people were donating when just Julia was being worked on then that was what they were donating for and to use those funds to start a 2nd game seems like bad faith to me if that in fact was what happened.

I personally think devs should be more clear as to what the money people donate is going towards. I also think the people who donate should be more careful. I nearly supported a dev because of a game and before I did they abandoned the game due to not enough support, took the money people had donated to that game they abandoned and started a new game. Glad I did not support that dev and its made me very suspicious of other devs.

riai

Nov 25, 2017

This update is a revamp of the original Julia YAD. It features tons of new fixes and updates, but not much in the line of content.
Images are now crisp, sharp, and HD. You should notice this immediately upon opening the game and looking at the title screen. Speaking of Title Screens, there are more of them. As you play the game you will unlock new title (main menu) screens which will be loaded the next time you start the game (or when you press R to return to the main menu). The title images are just a few of my favorite scenes that I thought would make good title screens.
Other features include:
- Sped up EVERYTHING. Starting the day, changing between scenes, clicking through chat... It's all much faster. You can now hold down SPACEBAR to skip extremely fast through chats, scenes, and even transitions.
- Removed a lot of unnecessary 'continue' options. For example, clicking "Go to bed" will now cause an animation where Julia goes into the bedroom, gets in bed, and goes to sleep, whereas before you had to click 'continue' for each frame.
- Added some chat after her first time masturbating, talking about how the city is changing her. Previously this was a bit of a gap in the story.
- Rewrote / clarified a few chats in various parts of the game, but the meaning/story is still the same.
- You can now press BACKSPACE to return to the start of the current scene. Useful if you accidentally chose the wrong chat option or pressed the spacebar too quickly and missed a character's dialogue.
- When shopping at the mall, you can now compare different outfits to one another.
- Removed the 'skip intro' feature. I felt it was no longer needed now that you can hold down Spacebar to skip through the intro gameplay if needed.
- Replaced a few (still haven't gotten them all) images of the old Dara model with the new Dara model.
- Added a screen with the game controls and explaining the game is still an early build alpha test when starting a new game.
- Added the ability to press 1, 2, 3, and 4 during the game to change the text transparency.
Hopefully, this update makes the game more enjoyable and will help newer players become interested in the game. I have to say, working on this update made me realize just how much content there is to this game! It might not seem like it when playing, but there are thousands and thousands of lines of dialogue and hundreds of different scenes and events!

But there is still much more to come!
Please test out the new features and let me know if you come across any bugs or typos or anything!
Please note: there are a few areas of the game that are still not updated, such as jogging or giving the landlord his blowjob. These are scenes that I thought played fine as they were and didn't warrant the time to upgrade them. All new scenes will of course be done under the new system.

Wilkinson

Jan 19, 2018
Is there a changelog?

This update is a revamp of the original Julia YAD. It features tons of new fixes and updates, but not much in the line of content.
Images are now crisp, sharp, and HD. You should notice this immediately upon opening the game and looking at the title screen. Speaking of Title Screens, there are more of them. As you play the game you will unlock new title (main menu) screens which will be loaded the next time you start the game (or when you press R to return to the main menu). The title images are just a few of my favorite scenes that I thought would make good title screens.
Other features include:
- Sped up EVERYTHING. Starting the day, changing between scenes, clicking through chat... It's all much faster. You can now hold down SPACEBAR to skip extremely fast through chats, scenes, and even transitions.
- Removed a lot of unnecessary 'continue' options. For example, clicking "Go to bed" will now cause an animation where Julia goes into the bedroom, gets in bed, and goes to sleep, whereas before you had to click 'continue' for each frame.
- Added some chat after her first time masturbating, talking about how the city is changing her. Previously this was a bit of a gap in the story.
- Rewrote / clarified a few chats in various parts of the game, but the meaning/story is still the same.
- You can now press BACKSPACE to return to the start of the current scene. Useful if you accidentally chose the wrong chat option or pressed the spacebar too quickly and missed a character's dialogue.
- When shopping at the mall, you can now compare different outfits to one another.
- Removed the 'skip intro' feature. I felt it was no longer needed now that you can hold down Spacebar to skip through the intro gameplay if needed.
- Replaced a few (still haven't gotten them all) images of the old Dara model with the new Dara model.
- Added a screen with the game controls and explaining the game is still an early build alpha test when starting a new game.
- Added the ability to press 1, 2, 3, and 4 during the game to change the text transparency.
Hopefully, this update makes the game more enjoyable and will help newer players become interested in the game. I have to say, working on this update made me realize just how much content there is to this game! It might not seem like it when playing, but there are thousands and thousands of lines of dialogue and hundreds of different scenes and events!

But there is still much more to come!
Please test out the new features and let me know if you come across any bugs or typos or anything!
Please note: there are a few areas of the game that are still not updated, such as jogging or giving the landlord his blowjob. These are scenes that I thought played fine as they were and didn't warrant the time to upgrade them. All new scenes will of course be done under the new system.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Here is an image dump for Julia Young and Dumb v8.1 :coffee:

Note, they were in PNG format and are 1.08GB (each PNG was about 2MB or more). I just used XnConvert and converted them to JPG. I can upload the un-altered PNG's.

3.10 star(s) 24 Votes