ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i like the game and it's general concept, though i would have made the basic setting for the story time travel instead of virtual reality, the reason is that the result is mc dropping out from life >< and i'm not too sure about feeling satisfied progressing in game that is about some dude so disapointed about real life that he choose to live in a game ... or i'm just jealous ^^
btw i realy was hoping for an h-game with incremental feature to pop out as i realy like those (curently going through the achievements of evolve after finishing the content of your chronicle ^^)

Reactions: Lotrum

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
i like the game and it's general concept, though i would have made the basic setting for the story time travel instead of virtual reality, the reason is that the result is mc dropping out from life >< and i'm not too sure about feeling satisfied progressing in game that is about some dude so disapointed about real life that he choose to live in a game ... or i'm just jealous ^^
btw i realy was hoping for an h-game with incremental feature to pop out as i realy like those (curently going through the achievements of evolve after finishing the content of your chronicle ^^)
I did ask myself if this was truly a good idea before going for it, i can share my thoughts about that.
Time travel is something a lot of games already do and i wanted to try something a bit different and somehow more realistic, I can understand that might be perceived as an additional level of disconnection from MC, but after all, there's not really anything in the game besides the intro and restart sections that reminds you of that, and runs might become quite long, it's an idea for a setup that seemed fun to me.
And while he's "kind of" dropping out of life for a while, he's also getting better and healthier while that happens, so it's not necessarely a bad thing for him, considering in what position he was.

I'm not gonna lie, I have thought that an year or two from now, when the game is complete enough to split my focus, it might be a fun idea to think of a sequel where the MC gets out of the simulations and bring his newfound experience to the present world.

Thanks for your feedback, i hope the game won't disappoint you going further!

Reactions: Eoin

pc3

Jun 21, 2017
would like to know what the names are for Rose and Melanie, looking forward to the future for this!

cptnemo

Apr 9, 2018
Bugs:
- getDay and getMonth should be switched for getUTCDay and getUTCMonth. Otherwise the date switches at 22:00 for me (it uses CEST so it will probably even skip an hour on October 25). Simulation also ends at 22:00.
- Ending the simulation in any way other than sleeping gives double XP. Edit: actually, working through the end is ok. Relaxing through the end definitely triggers the bug

Annoyance shared with most twine games:
- I'm not sure it's possible to use goto correctly (i.e. without breaking the back button).

Annoyance unique to this game:
- Using linkreplace for gameplay. It's ok for hints and such but using them for choices is awkward (even on the coding side as you have to disable the other options).

I like that there is almost no randomness. I don't like that there is randomness (coding income). I am save-scumming the heck out of that anyway

Last edited:

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I did ask myself if this was truly a good idea before going for it, i can share my thoughts about that.
Time travel is something a lot of games already do and i wanted to try something a bit different and somehow more realistic, I can understand that might be perceived as an additional level of disconnection from MC, but after all, there's not really anything in the game besides the intro and restart sections that reminds you of that, and runs might become quite long, it's an idea for a setup that seemed fun to me.
And while he's "kind of" dropping out of life for a while, he's also getting better and healthier while that happens, so it's not necessarely a bad thing for him, considering in what position he was.

I'm not gonna lie, I have thought that an year or two from now, when the game is complete enough to split my focus, it might be a fun idea to think of a sequel where the MC gets out of the simulations and bring his newfound experience to the present world.

Thanks for your feedback, i hope the game won't disappoint you going further!
i get your point of view :X then another idea, he could test a device to go to other dimensions ^^ though you could still go to the complete copyright infrigment and play the "code quantum" route, you'd get the possibility to have themed "world" and have mc bring his experience back to change his disapointing life or change the world ^^ this probably wasn't done yet ><
honestly while i like the game it felt strange that mc was doing his best in "life" in a virtual world
the idea of a fokkow up game is nice but 'm not sure i'd get into it that much :/ my main interest here is the incremental feature ^^
honestly it was more idle thought than feedback, my view on the current game are pretty simple, the game is well made, the grind isn't tedious, models are ok, there isn't bug or random gif stack, feature wise i think what is lacking is a bit of personalisation through prestige or achievement (like getting special skills that change flavor text) and probably a bit more control as it feel that once an action is started, mc just go with the flow without inputing much of his will (not too sure how to word it better sorry) aslo while curent event are well fleshout they are too few to realy enjoy the incremental feature

cptnemo

Apr 9, 2018
Also,
- I didn't increase culture after I got 15 required to talk to Carol. I wouldn't have guessed that there was a point to increase it further if I didn't get there accidentally.
- The first time hint still says "15 culture and int", btw.
- It's strange that the requirement for the second step is 10 int while the requirement for the first step (get Carol's number) is still 12.

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
First of all, thanks a lot, those are all very valuable bug reports!

Bugs:
- getDay and getMonth should be switched for getUTCDay and getUTCMonth. Otherwise the date switches at 22:00 for me (it uses CEST so it will probably even skip an hour on October 25). Simulation also ends at 22:00.
- Ending the simulation in any way other than sleeping gives double XP.

Annoyance shared with most twine games:
- I'm not sure it's possible to use goto correctly (i.e. without breaking the back button).

Annoyance unique to this game:
- Using linkreplace for gameplay. It's ok for hints and such but using them for choices is awkward (even on the coding side as you have to disable the other options).

I like that there is almost no randomness. I don't like that there is randomness (coding income). I am save-scumming the heck out of that anyway
- I fixed the clock earlier today, should be working fine in next update, but I just removed "UTC" from everywhere, hoping that works smoothly.
- Yep, goto breaks the back button, not sure how to work around that
- Linkreplace abuse was due to my noobness in coding, i'm starting to slowly replace it in scenes with separate link and replace with divs that replace everything, like in the first-day scene that was the first one i fixed and should be better
- I understand random is annoying cause it can just be cheated, but coding income felt like something that had to be at least a bit random, maybe i can reduce the gauge cause it's a bit extreme at low skill.

Also, coding with skill level between threshholds (e.g. between 31 and 32) gives you no income.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next version, this is definetly the most blatant oversight

Also,
- I didn't increase culture after I got 15 required to talk to Carol. I wouldn't have guessed that there was a point to increase it further if I didn't get there accidentally.
- The first time hint still says "15 culture and int", btw.
- It's strange that the requirement for the second step is 10 int while the requirement for the first step (get Carol's number) is still 12.
Good points, i'll probably add a line of text hinting that you can do better than that.
- Hints are sadly very behind schedule, i'll put some more work into them at some point, lol
- True, that part is already gated by 12int req , so i'll just remove the int requirement entirely

Tir

Apr 16, 2017
Found an error on your online version after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game is stuck after that as there is no way to continue
Minor bug: Time taken for an hour of gaming is actually 90m instead of 1 hour.
Using sleep seems to progress and shift the start of day marker around. I have had days turning over at 5pm, 8am...etc

Couple of suggestions
Fast forward time would probably be better on the left side bar considering how often its being used.
Same as end Sim, to circumvent bugs killing off a run like this.
Time taken for each action would be great if its shown.

Ah I also see that you are requesting for decimal bugs, here:

Last edited:

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
And another minor one: Katrina detailed stats are not reset on subsequent runs like for other girls
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update

Found an error on your online version after

Game is stuck after that as there is no way to continue
Minor bug: Time taken for an hour of gaming is actually 90m instead of 1 hour.
Using sleep seems to progress and shift the start of day marker around. I have had days turning over at 5pm, 8am...etc

Couple of suggestions
Fast forward time would probably be better on the left side bar considering how often its being used.
Same as end Sim, to circumvent bugs killing off a run like this.
Time taken for each action would be great if its shown.

Ah I also see that you are requesting for decimal bugs, here:
Thanks for the report, issues with the clock and the error popup with Susan have been fixed for the next update, i think you can continue playing if you just use the back arrow and come back when you have higher sex experience?

90mins instead of 60 was an oversight, both that and the decimals will be fixed in next update!

I think you are getting this... with rose?
I'm having an hard time reproducing or understanding what causes this. Did you try to get a blowjob with more than 200 attraction without ever fucking her first? If that's it, it should be fixed in next update, otherwise please tell me your current attraction and sex control and if you fucked her already or not when getting this bug, thanks for the report!

fomeki6933

Jun 29, 2020
I like the basic loop of going back over, but I think maybe there's more that could be done with the concept than mostly just building up stats over time. If you haven't played it, you should definitely have a look at Incubus City, which does the same idea rather differently. In IC you start over from scratch every time - except by reaching certain endings, you unlock new beginnings. That might not fit here, but you also collect tokens (achievements, basically) which gradually unlocks a merchant and his inventory from whom you can buy things that unlock additional options.

If this is a simulation, that could justify some instances of 4th wall breaking.

Whenever I reached the end I too had the double XP bug, and any girl I had interacted with on the last day still counted as interacted with on the new first day.

Reactions: SamHaim and Lotrum

Tremoulos

Aug 5, 2018
Hey all,
Apologies, but I still don't know how to apply the heavy cheats, even after entering the latest code. Is there a page somewhere that I can't see?
Thanks for the help!

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Hey all,
Apologies, but I still don't know how to apply the heavy cheats, even after entering the latest code. Is there a page somewhere that I can't see?
Thanks for the help!
When you are in "your room" There should be an extra line in the left menu to use cheats

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes