RPGM KaguyaNTR: Everything Is Fair in Love and War [v0.45] [Cypher_66]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Cypher_66

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2024
Finally, some friendly competition. Hopefully it drives the quality up.
Competition wise, that was a terrible blunder by me lmao, alot of people that come to this thread will go there too, while none players will go from that thread to mine.

Now realistically it doesn't really matter if other people get more/less players, as my work is the same either way. Keep improving the game in hopes of getting some fans or fail miserably.. We will see what the future holds.

Denethon

Jul 12, 2017
I love what you are doing with the game. Personally I prefer NTR that is avoidable, but I want you to make the game you want to make.

Reactions: Cypher_66

torrents

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
KaguyaNTREverythingIsFairInLoveAndWar-0.45
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Cypher_66

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2024
Hey everyone, thanks for the constructive critisism.

I want to share few thoughts, to help you understand some decision I made, and maybe get some tips if there are any people with expirience.

1.Animation quality - There are many things that get in the way here, but I want to start with most annoying one:RPGM MV limitation. Engine just doesn't let you display text over video, so you have to break video into images, and show them as picture in a loop. That automatically turns 60fps video to around 20fps. Those pictures also need to "preload" or else there will be flickering, so I need to play an animation beforehand just fully transparent. That is what causes delay in transition inbetween string of animations and sadly I have no idea what else I could do.

Before trying koikatsu, I often read that people use animation presets, with slight adjustments so it looks better, but I have no idea how to make those slight adjustments, as when I turn on FK/IK animation breaks right away. I made few of my own animations that are simple like moving an arm, but I just can't see myself making all animations, as you would need better knowledge, and koikatsu itself seems clunky. I have seen people export files into blender, but I am not learning 3D modeling.

2. Story - most people say story is okay not awful but not good, which I am fine with, since this is my first attempt at making my story, it could have been worse.Atleast most people are pleased with pacing so that is good.

3. UI - I think UI looks decent, but it is clunky, and behind the scenes it is a big mess. I am strongly considering switching to Renpy for my future projects(If I decide making games is something I want to do)

Thanks for reading my rant about struggles as a new dev!

legojoe1

Feb 19, 2024
1.Animation quality - There are many things that get in the way here, but I want to start with most annoying one:RPGM MV limitation. Engine just doesn't let you display text over video, so you have to break video into images, and show them as picture in a loop. That automatically turns 60fps video to around 20fps. Those pictures also need to "preload" or else there will be flickering, so I need to play an animation beforehand just fully transparent. That is what causes delay in transition inbetween string of animations and sadly I have no idea what else I could do.

Before trying koikatsu, I often read that people use animation presets, with slight adjustments so it looks better, but I have no idea how to make those slight adjustments, as when I turn on FK/IK animation breaks right away. I made few of my own animations that are simple like moving an arm, but I just can't see myself making all animations, as you would need better knowledge, and koikatsu itself seems clunky. I have seen people export files into blender, but I am not learning 3D modeling.
Yeah making animations in Studio is daunting at first but if you want to make simple animation loops, there's actually a way. I have no idea how to make adjustment to pre-built animations either but what you can use are pistons. Here's a tutorial video.

By linking certain body parts with pistons, you can make simple animation loops like thrusting, blowjobs, etc. This way you can also adjust body height. A lot of the pre-built animations are done with particular heights in mind so when you have a shorter person, it breaks easily. With animations using pistons, you can easily bypass that. Animations using timelines is better in the long run because you can re-use it but if you're a one man army, I would suggest pistons.

Reactions: Cypher_66

Cypher_66

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2024
Yeah making animations in Studio is daunting at first but if you want to make simple animation loops, there's actually a way. I have no idea how to make adjustment to pre-built animations either but what you can use are pistons. Here's a tutorial video.

By linking certain body parts with pistons, you can make simple animation loops like thrusting, blowjobs, etc. This way you can also adjust body height. A lot of the pre-built animations are done with particular heights in mind so when you have a shorter person, it breaks easily. With animations using pistons, you can easily bypass that. Animations using timelines is better in the long run because you can re-use it but if you're a one man army, I would suggest pistons.
Thank you again! You've been my knight in shining armor lol Helping me out in the begining aswell with "actual penetration" and after playing with it for a week I got it to work. I will try pistons and see how it goes

legojoe1

Feb 19, 2024
Thank you again! You've been my knight in shining armor lol Helping me out in the begining aswell with "actual penetration" and after playing with it for a week I got it to work. I will try pistons and see how it goes
Oh right, well you'll find that using piston animations work a lot better with better penetration than pre-built animations.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Overall the game is ok, well it more or less kinetic sandbox, so not much ya can do, but NTR will happen, what I would love see changed is that there is a chance you can fight back, hense the title love and war, now there is no love nor war, there is only one guy who get what he wants.

So if ya want to make it more of a love and war game, then let the mc have a chance in winning too, like says, he still lose his gf, but end up with a much more sexier lady and becomes rich while his ex suffers cleaning up the mess her new lover makes. That could be one way he could win as well. The other way could be that he gets Tucker in trouble with the law, expose him for all he is and make him eventualy fall in his own pit and have a chance in keep his gf stay loving him and become an alpha lover.

Personly I love NTR games more for the game of who will win the girl, or if multiple girls, ya have the chance to choose the girl you want and let the ones ya don't want end up with no good Alpha loser. Just my opinion if ya want to make the title be true.

Either way i'll still keep playing it as it is not bad overall; also good is it one of the rare rpgm games that doesn't make my pc crash, most others do, probably due to bad programming with memory leeks.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes