Dashfire

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
Good game.
I like the cardinal names (Boreal-Austral-Occidental-Oriental), i think the fit better with the theme of the game.

The stats should be visible at all times, usually in other html games they are on the side.

Balancing issues

While i get that this game might be intended to be a bit harder and longer i still thing that sexual skill go up too slow and can become grindy.
Sleep and hunger: sleep goes down way too quickly (with the current navigation system becomes really annoying to go back constantly to sleep), hunger goes down way too slowly i think for that you might add some more hunger costs to activities or instead of adding hunger costs to activities augment the hunger increase over time.

Navigation system

While i managed to memorize most of the map i think the navigation system still needs changes, the more areas you'll add the worse it will get (it can potentially give problems to those that either have tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome)
If you don't want to put a map in game you can take inspiration from the navigation system of corruption of champions 1 or fall of eden.

That's all for now i might have left out something minor.

P.S. an in-game journal would be nice.
Thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful. I've know skills, hunger and sleep need to be adjusted and plan on standardizing that as I develop the game. In the future there are going to be more options to train stats as well.
I'm implementing an improved navigation system and a quick travel system that will be in the next release I post here.

mellivor

Apr 21, 2020
The new cardinal navigation element makes things a LOT simpler. Its a great addition - especially if you already know where you want to go.

I have updated the map I did earlier for people that find the size of the city overwhelming. But as per the tutorial:

"You're a young man in a slum in the 19th century, you don't have a map. Street urchins in 19th-century slums did not have maps and in all likelihood wouldn't understand them if they did. You'll have to get to know your environment by exploring it from the street level without an overhead view."

So please don't use it unless you really need to. Exploring, getting lost and learning your way around is part of the fun.

EDIT: Fixed an issue with the trash heap/city dump and tenement.

Last edited:

Pinguino47

Monster Energy addict.
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
The game has potential but at the moment the map is an absolute nightmare and deserves to be blown up. Cut all the "In development" links until you have some content for it because I get absolutely mad when I'm trying to find a way to not starve and pass out in the streets trying to remember where I have to go and then find "In development" link that still reduces my already low stats
Either implement a "max stats" feature where no stats are reduced or make it easier to find your way out of this mess, the game doesn't have to be easy but it doesn't have to make me want to kill myself both ingame and IRL

Last edited:

Dashfire

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
The game has potential but at the moment the map is an absolute nightmare and deserves to be blown up. Cut all the "In development" links until you have some content for it because I get absolutely mad when I'm trying to find a way to not starve and pass out in the streets trying to remember where I have to go and then find "In development" link that still reduces my already low stats
Either implement a "max stats" feature where no stats are reduced or make it easier to find your way out of this mess, the game doesn't have to be easy but it doesn't have to make me want to kill myself both ingame and IRL
The in development links were cut in 0.538

Pinguino47

Monster Energy addict.
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
This is a mod/cheat for the game in version 0.538, it currently features:
Starting cash to: 1000000
Skill points to 100, each fetish will still add +2 points

I'll add more cheats as I see fit or by request

Dashfire

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
For some reason workupload isn't letting me uplead o.538 but it is on Mega and FilesFM.

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
Это просто жесть! Я потерялась! Хочу пожелать автору оказаться в городе подобном этому, заблудится в нем и умереть от голода так и не разобравшись куда идти!!
This is just tin! I'm lost! I want to wish the author to be in a city like this, get lost in it and die of hunger without knowing where to go!!

Reactions: nodice20

Lamantin

May 4, 2018
Hey the game is nice, all the people complaining about a map seriously didn't play some of most famous text game around here (tho maybe you can put a map to be buy somewhere). Can't wait to see more content

Reactions: Dashfire

teddar

Jul 30, 2017
html games are really easy to modify to give yourself max stats. Simply open the html file in a word editor like Notepad++ and modify away.
I modified the game to give you max stats and an ungodly amount of starting stamina. I also modified the character creation so now you can actually enter your own mind if you wanted to be bad at everything.

Go out and make me proud fellow fappers!

To use this simply overwrite your current .html file with this one. (ignore the error with mind. Stats are still maxed and this doesn't break anything. Just an issue with how the developer had mind taking the remaining of your points.)

Note: I will NOT be updating this hack...so if the game updates...you're on your own. This works with 0.52.
Which search terms did you enter to find the stats you modified? Its a wall of text in notpad and i cant work out what to look for.

bootsfetish59

Jul 12, 2018
The new cardinal navigation element makes things a LOT simpler. Its a great addition - especially if you already know where you want to go.

I have updated the map I did earlier for people that find the size of the city overwhelming. But as per the tutorial:

"You're a young man in a slum in the 19th century, you don't have a map. Street urchins in 19th-century slums did not have maps and in all likelihood wouldn't understand them if they did. You'll have to get to know your environment by exploring it from the street level without an overhead view."

So please don't use it unless you really need to. Exploring, getting lost and learning your way around is part of the fun.

EDIT: Fixed an issue with the trash heap/city dump and tenement.
Thanks a lot for the map ;)

Andi3579

Feb 17, 2019
I really like the idea and the concept however I experience quite some delays when moving from one place to another which makes playing quite an annoying task. Sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds to make a basic move from one side to the other (e.g. Dump Court to City Dump) - playing with Firefox.

Furthermore I have to say that the GUI really doesnt look good to me. The repeating of the pictures is not a favourable way imho. Stats should be somewhere on the left or right side in a kind of menu with maybe expandable windows to have a better overview. Also load and save isnt necessary at the window at all times. Try to get the main elements of a particular page into one without having to scroll would be great.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018

Yeah this rationalisation is BS right in the face of it. Lack of access to maps is certainly fair enough point, but those aren't hard to understand if you see one and can locate familiar features to orient yourself by (illiteracy naturally somewhat complicated things IRL but only to a degree). Something 19th-century street urchins most assuredly DID have, however, was a pinpoint-accurate mental map of their usual haunts and diverse point of interest therein, very much a survival prequisite in their particular circumstances and something anyone develops naturally regarding familiar areas.

In-game this, and the assorted other ques and basic sense of direction people use to navigate complex environments, are most naturally and intuitively abstracted as... drumroll... an overhead map.

Croaa

Dec 15, 2018
I'm wondering, will there be a way to change the game's society in the future ?
Maybe make a rebellion or something ?
Would be fun

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I'm wondering, will there be a way to change the game's society in the future ?
Maybe make a rebellion or something ?
Would be fun
Realistically, which is to say without stretching suspension of disbelief way the fuck past breaking point?
No.
Compare the historical attempts at radically transforming society at the roughly analogous period, which is to say the various Leftist revolutions at the tail end and aftermath of the First World War borne out of the unprecedented and catastrophic internal stresses caused by that conflict. The bulk were unceremoniously and rather brutally crushed by reactionary forces; in Russia the Bolsheviks managed to hang on mainly by virtue of internal iron discipline, excellent organisation and willingness to do anything necessary to survive with utter ruthlessness, going on to found the USSR.

And I think we all know how well that turned out.

So who wants to become Not Lenin and dedicate his life to the cause of the Revolution?

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes