giblini

Jun 8, 2017
Mhh... the name feels wrong ... sure Kaiser,m -> Kaiserin,f but it sounds wrong. "Kaiserinnen Reich" would be better I think - but not really sure how to name a female "Kaiserreich". Currently if feels more like some Anime name when they pick something that sounds german ^^

But maybe I miss the point of the naming and it is a reference to something I dont know :p
How about "Das Reich der Kaiserin"?

Reactions: grego

Koda-

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
People are being a bit overly harsh as opening the raw HTML in an editor shows there are definitely some hot scenes and ideas here (more than most initial Twine releases), but this desperately needs refactoring/QoL improvements (ideally into a friendlier story format like SugarCube) before we can enjoy hunting them down in the game itself.

Stuff like stats, a map, potential fast-travel, etc. could and should all be their own hyperlinks on a side bar or sub-menu. The game will also probably lag a lot less when they aren't being rendered every page.

In terms of content, I liked what I was able to find, but even an open-world game needs some initial direction. I think it would be helpful if the Urchinarium/intro pointed you toward a job (based on your starting stats) and a basic goal (get an apartment or whatever). Clicking locations essentially at random in hopes of encountering a scene is problematic when most of them aren't implemented.

I think this has some nice potential once the system issues are fixed. Good luck!

diaboros

Oct 13, 2017
I don't get why the developer didn't build this the same way every other HTML game is built? I mean I get that this is new to them but even something as easy as twine would've been way be better than whatever they used.
The issue is that this is in Twine-Harlowe, and it looks like the author might have written the code from scratch. The game is still using the Twine engine, but it doesn't seem to be made using twinery like other twine games (if you ever see the "double-click to edit passage" screen in a twine game that's probably because the author made a page using the twinery gui and didn't fill it out).

To be fair, coding it from scratch is probably way more beneficial for the creator if they are trying to practice with the engine, and it gives the creator more control over the back-end of the game, so they could do some more interesting stuff down the line. That said, it would be nice to have some quality of life changes in the near future, like seeing the stats on the side of the screen rather than at the bottom of every passage, and maybe a map to see how streets connect (fast travel seems a bit too optimistic).

Reactions: Dashfire

Dashfire

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
The issue is that this is in Twine-Harlowe, and it looks like the author might have written the code from scratch. The game is still using the Twine engine, but it doesn't seem to be made using twinery like other twine games (if you ever see the "double-click to edit passage" screen in a twine game that's probably because the author made a page using the twinery gui and didn't fill it out).

To be fair, coding it from scratch is probably way more beneficial for the creator if they are trying to practice with the engine, and it gives the creator more control over the back-end of the game, so they could do some more interesting stuff down the line. That said, it would be nice to have some quality of life changes in the near future, like seeing the stats on the side of the screen rather than at the bottom of every passage, and maybe a map to see how streets connect (fast travel seems a bit too optimistic).
People are being a bit overly harsh as opening the raw HTML in an editor shows there are definitely some hot scenes and ideas here (more than most initial Twine releases), but this desperately needs refactoring/QoL improvements (ideally into a friendlier story format like SugarCube) before we can enjoy hunting them down in the game itself.

Stuff like stats, a map, potential fast-travel, etc. could and should all be their own hyperlinks on a side bar or sub-menu. The game will also probably lag a lot less when they aren't being rendered every page.

In terms of content, I liked what I was able to find, but even an open-world game needs some initial direction. I think it would be helpful if the Urchinarium/intro pointed you toward a job (based on your starting stats) and a basic goal (get an apartment or whatever). Clicking locations essentially at random in hopes of encountering a scene is problematic when most of them aren't implemented.

I think this has some nice potential once the system issues are fixed. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. Your feedback is helpful. I have stats on the side of the screen in version 0.53 and I'm planning on incorporating a fast travel system that works in the game in 0.54. I'll also incorporate a tutorial and more initial direction per Koda's suggestion.

BimboSlutCD

Oct 3, 2017
the pictures do not show apart from the main picture at the start of the game, and so far you cannot buy female clothes or do pretty much anything much. a good start but needs more work to be anything but a pre-alpha build.

the html part works, so it is a good game to try out and find where whatever is in the city.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
No option to go and mount a gang ? Of course it would be hidden or better, masked but given the game theme, I've nearly no opening for this, not a big point since femdom aren't that common, still, no choice but submission = Nogo.

Horaut

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2018
what are the correct answers for the 8 questions for delivery boy. i am stuck in it
1. Where is the Reichsbank located?

Pillory Square.

2. What are the cardinal directions?

Boreal, Austral, Occidental & Oriental.

3. Where is the Lords Bar & Brothel located?

Pillory Way Austral.

4. The Femdom Gynarchy of La Dominante is located?

to the Austral.

5. The traditional camping grounds of the Gypsy clans are located on...

Slum Street - Oriental.

6. Slumtown books is located on...

Slum Street - Occidental.

7. The fishing pier is at the end of...

Slum Street - Oriental.

[8. Fountain Square is at the intersection of of...

Slum Street & Begger Boulevard.

Imho: This game needs a map...

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, you did that 6 minutes after initially posting the question, it seems. Hence the question. I mean, give people at least some time to assess your problem and see if it can be fixed. :coffee:
i was trying to play it the nigh before i replied you

Sithlord86

Jan 19, 2020
This has potential. I like the setting, it's a new vibe.
Not really into femdom, so a male(dom) path will be nice.

First issues at glance:
- Images not working properly.
- No tweaking in character creation. One typo means I have to start over.
- Saving doesn't work correctly. I'm partial to saving to disk.
- Overall userinterface and layout is quite messy. Try to get some "inspiration" from other games to get a feel for a nice layout.
- As you progress, make sure to include a journal.

I'll be keeping tabs in this one.

Dashfire

Game Developer
May 12, 2020
This has potential. I like the setting, it's a new vibe.
Not really into femdom, so a male(dom) path will be nice.

First issues at glance:
- Images not working properly.
- No tweaking in character creation. One typo means I have to start over.
- Saving doesn't work correctly. I'm partial to saving to disk.
- Overall userinterface and layout is quite messy. Try to get some "inspiration" from other games to get a feel for a nice layout.
- As you progress, make sure to include a journal.

I'll be keeping tabs in this one.
Thank you. Version 0.53 has interface changes and saving has been fixed. I'll set up an option to review and change your character in the creation process and I also like the journal idea.

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes