BDB12354

Jun 20, 2019
A save on the legacy version? I might have a few, what do you want? To skip the initial dungeon?
Ahh not sure, i just downloaded the one on the first page? not the one in the spoiler section which read legacy, so the newest one i guess?

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Ahh not sure, i just downloaded the one on the first page? not the one in the spoiler section which read legacy, so the newest one i guess?
the newest doesn't have much to be on a save, to be honest. Just the initial cutscene and then you can play around with the powers. The legacy version has a few hours of content

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Hi, since I can see the game developer is on F95, a few comments (and yes, I admit there are criticism, but I try to be constructive), after trying both 0.12 and 0.20...

1) Maybe you are trying to get a full income from the game to dedicate to it full time, and even finance a full time development team, but you should consider lowering some of your tiers (and even eliminate some, 1000 EUR per month, unless you get Bill Gates to sponsor, I can bet will not happen, and if it happened, would be more probably a contract to finance your development and commercially sell the game after sharing profits), and activate the "yearly subscription with discount" possibility.
"Something Unlimited" (not to mention names ;-)) was in the range of the 14k income per month last I checked, but even their 5 per month level gets access to the release, in the end, they get their money from the quantity, not from the single, especially important unless you can treat the game as a project with fixed milestones and end date and keep to those (thus allowing people to estimate how much is going to cost them).
Honestly, I have seen only two games that came close to that approach, but it is far from being usual on Patreon, so people know when they get on Patreon often it may take "forever", but in general it is for small amounts for things that are side projects for the game developer.
When the income of the developer gets in the various thousands a month, that is a full salary, and people may reasonably expect full time dedication and good speed of development - but if each of them is going to shed only a little bit, then they will be more willing to continue even if it takes a very long time (i.e. a few years) to get the final result.

2) I like the look of the Kalyshka, it's kind of cute without being top model, and I like the slider ;-) - I use it a bit, but I like the fact even to the max she does not get balloons (and yes, I know many people will disagree :), but there are already many games with unrealistic or very rare "balloons" on F95, no need to add one more) - and it is visible from the two versions I tried you have a lot of ideas about powers and other elements, but also naughty bits :), and seem to have a good idea for a story (or at least, the background story).
Also like the idea (or at least, what seems to be the idea) that she can be dominant, submissive, bite, not bite, hypnotize, just talk, fight, negotiate, be cruel, be merciful, be "evil", be "good" (well, still with some biting here and there, of course ;-)), dress with the special chocker or not, etc., and that I guess those choices over time may end up also influencing her further choices and the way people behave towards her.
But maybe you should try to consolidate a bit the versions, so you have one that can both show the stuff and be playable, with saves that can be used by the next version - starting to be a game, rather than some demo proof of concept, even if well advance as proof of concept in many aspects.
Or at least, make the prologue one thing, that saves at the end with a save usable from the main game (so the choices and development of the character are not lost), so that you can have two separate things, but getting one on solid playable ground before getting to the other.

3) Honestly, the points above give the impression of someone who has the capability and the ideas, but intend to squeeze the cow as fast as possible (given the tiers, that is not milking) by tossing tempting tidbits, or even worst, both squeeze and milk ("milking the cow" is on the long term).
At the very least, someone who has the ideas and skills and all the good intentions, but doing something so scattered, that even if starting with good intentions, being so overly ambitious, it can take many years to complete and many months before even getting something people can actually play making a save they can reuse.
It is better to have a game really playable (i.e. with the story, and saves that can be used by the version after), with some elements, even if it is only an icomplete 0.x version, so people can get something with each update, and then complete it in a +/- reasonable amount of time (though "reasonable" can become even years :)), and then maybe do some additions to that game, if you see there is interest.

Again, to use an example which is not great, but has worked, I understood the guys from SU have in reality been milking a bit the cow, basically financing a company out of Patreon and going at it for years (starting well before I saw it), and honestly, I think with the excuse of adding always new stuff , they will never complete the game.
But because people can get something usable already at relatively low levels of subscription, they still get a big support, and without even being so regular and so often in their updates.

Another example is Karryin's prison, where there are complaints, but the game got sufficient traction that even after it was completed, there are people that would be willing to give out a few bucks for a DLC adding up something to the game.
Many see the game as completed, play it, like it, see where there could be things added, and are willing to finance those extra.

4) Try to check, your download is on the case of the 11-12GB already, when people are downloading to try, it can take many hours due to the limited speed of free downloads, and they can get an header error when decompressing.
I don't know much about Unity, but I have played other games, and are smaller even when complete - tossing hypotheses, it may be a matter of the graphic quality and graphic support, but still, the risk is that the moment you have a game playable with more of the story, one get on 20+ GB download.
The header error does not really stop the game from decompressing and running, but after hours downloading the file, it may make people give up without even trying, and never look back at your game.
If you have not done it already, especially given the amount you are already getting, at least for Patreon subscribers spend a few bucks to get a full account with bandwidth and dowload speed, so they can dowload the game faster.

5) The fact I use a trackball may have an impact, but when there are the animations, there is no way for moving the camera down in the instructions, the AWSD keys allow left-right and zoom in and out, it would be better if you could add up also some key to move the camera up and down.

6) When there are multiple adversaries, it is normal that one has to chose the direction, but even when she is facing only one adversary, she often starts the fight facing the wrong way, which means gets hurt immediately, and have to change the view so she faces the enemy.

7) These are early releases, so it is only small bugs, but:
a) There are some sheep and some wolf "embedded in the ground";
b) In version 0.12, when trying to climb on some stone, she would get inside the mountain rock (literally);
c) In version 0.12, there is at a certain point a corridor with a small room partially crumbled, I entered OK, but then she was stuck inside, even the mist form would not allow her to get out, I had to load a save;
d) In version 0.12, I had got in the village on the mountain getting up the stairs from the village down, so, I was already in the village, then I got to the other side, the main gate, and the game behaved like if I was just arriving from outside;
e) In version 0.20, once got in the "bats form", it is not clear how one can make them fly higher or lower or at least if they look up or down, since this has an impact on what one can see, especially in the forest settings, I had to change back to human form so she would get on the ground and I could see where she was.

Hope this is useful, I am not especially fan of some type of game (e.g. POV shooters give me headache, literally), but I think this one has great potential and more original then many (and the fact one can get the 3rd person view, is nice for me) and can easily get even on a big roll.

Have a nice day,

Fudgesicles

Dec 13, 2019
Is it just me or is the current version a massive downgrade from the versions that were out a year or so ago? I remember a demo a long time ago that involved complex platforming out of a dungeon.

Graphics look a little washed down, even on the best settings. I remember the game being quite polished when we had the gameplay to get out of the dungeon. The previous versions seemed to have run much smoother for visibly better graphics as well.

Gameplay feels wonky. I get a lot of attacks and animations facing the wrong way during combat. Even aiming doesn't seem to fix it. It just makes the issues much more clearer. Jumping and climbing also do not work smooth. Again, I remember a well built platforming dungeon as prologue/intro to a previous version.

This comes from having played the new demon (0.20.8) for a few minutes and remembering a previous version from at least a year ago that I cannot see in the new version at all apart from the basic design from Kalyskah...

It feels like development took too long and new ideas, improvements and changes to the original idea replaced the entirety into a Ship of Theseus that borderlines the Uncanny Valley of what you were shown a while back.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I know you're working on another version or something atm but I can't figure out the puppeteers questline. When I'm meant to please either the man or the woman for the referral nothing I do seems to work. I tried like a dozen different dialogue combinations and I've tried playing and skipping the sex scene but whenever I go back to the guy my only option is try again. And when I try again they just say "hmm" when I interact with them so I have to reload.
What am I doing wrong? Is there like some exact combination needed or what?
This seems way to counter-intuitive because they say they're pleased afterwards but I can't progress.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
ouch2020 thank you for the kind words at the beginning of your post. As for our reward tiers on Patreon, we used to have a 1USD pledge, but due to patreon's fees and taxes it wouldn't give us more than a few cents. Even patreon themselves have send an email back in the day telling creators to avoid creating tiers of less than 3USD back when this taxes change was rolled into the platform. So there isn't much we can do about it.
The 5USD tier of our page has access to the current patron version of the game on the month after it's released for the 10USD ones, and then it's pretty much the same until we release a new version. They also have access to polls and other things that can better guide us on what content we are adding.
from time to time, I also always make a special render or something extra to please them. So I don't get exactly your point on the rest of your post...

Is it just me or is the current version a massive downgrade from the versions that were out a year or so ago? I remember a demo a long time ago that involved complex platforming out of a dungeon.

Graphics look a little washed down, even on the best settings. I remember the game being quite polished when we had the gameplay to get out of the dungeon. The previous versions seemed to have run much smoother for visibly better graphics as well.

Gameplay feels wonky. I get a lot of attacks and animations facing the wrong way during combat. Even aiming doesn't seem to fix it. It just makes the issues much more clearer. Jumping and climbing also do not work smooth. Again, I remember a well built platforming dungeon as prologue/intro to a previous version.

This comes from having played the new demon (0.20.8) for a few minutes and remembering a previous version from at least a year ago that I cannot see in the new version at all apart from the basic design from Kalyskah...

It feels like development took too long and new ideas, improvements and changes to the original idea replaced the entirety into a Ship of Theseus that borderlines the Uncanny Valley of what you were shown a while back.
We are adding a new chapter to the game before the world that we had before. The older version had an issue that it seemed like a dungeon crawler, and it was taking a while for players to see the open world. Now we are reworking the prologue in a way that the game feels an open-world experience ever since the beginning. We are also rebuilding some backend things like the quest system, save/load etc to improve the performance. Once these tasks are done and we reintroduce the old content, the game will basically double it's size and be far more polished.

It will take a while to reach that point, and we are aware that we are sacrificing some short-term rewards in exchange for better long-term planning. The monthly grinding to add content without making the necessary polishment that we had before is what caused to reach the breaking point where we had to redo things.

I know you're working on another version or something atm but I can't figure out the puppeteers questline. When I'm meant to please either the man or the woman for the referral nothing I do seems to work. I tried like a dozen different dialogue combinations and I've tried playing and skipping the sex scene but whenever I go back to the guy my only option is try again. And when I try again they just say "hmm" when I interact with them so I have to reload.
What am I doing wrong? Is there like some exact combination needed or what?
This seems way to counter-intuitive because they say they're pleased afterwards but I can't progress.
There are two sets of clients: one is dominant and the other is submissive. You need to please both of them in the different rooms. And to please them basically means "winning" the sex minigame (Which is another thing we will improve moving forward)

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
ouch2020 thank you for the kind words at the beginning of your post. As for our reward tiers on
[...]The 5USD tier of our page has access to the current patron version of the game on the month after it's released for the 10USD ones, and then it's pretty much the same until we release a new version. They also have access to polls and other things that can better guide us on what content we are adding.
from time to time, I also always make a special render or something extra to please them. So I don't get exactly your point on the rest of your post...
Well, complimenting for the good parts is only due :), there are a number of good elements and the game has a great potential :).
Thanks for the clarification on the 5 USD layer, never meant to say about the 1USD or so.

For the rest, it is indeed a post longer than my usual, but if you look, number 5, 6 and 7 are basically bug reports. Most developers like to get bug reports on F95, though maybe you have a different point of view.

For point 4, I went forward by using 7zip despite the error messages downloading twice and decompressing anyway, and it worked, but if you look before my post, there were others that gave up on the downloading and gave up on the game, for frustration with the download size and the header error message when decompressing.
You decide whether to ignore those people and elements, or not, but that will lose you potential supporters.

About the rest, just pointing out the hope you don't end up like others I saw over time, thinking they would immediately hit big bucks, and giving up when was not the case.
And the fact (and again, I was longer than others, but not the only one to point that out) that 0.12 had one part of the game, 0.20 is an higher number, later version, but kind of goes back.
Many games start well, even in terms of support and money, but start without a plan even if with a good idea; get lost in development jumping from idea to another; start losing support when people do not get updates or really playable game where they can use the saves between versions and feel like they are only giving money for nothing; end up abandoned - it would be a pity if it happened also to Kalyskah.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Well, complimenting for the good parts is only due :), there are a number of good elements and the game has a great potential :).
Thanks for the clarification on the 5 USD layer, never meant to say about the 1USD or so.

For the rest, it is indeed a post longer than my usual, but if you look, number 5, 6 and 7 are basically bug reports. Most developers like to get bug reports on F95, though maybe you have a different point of view.

For point 4, I went forward by using 7zip despite the error messages downloading twice and decompressing anyway, and it worked, but if you look before my post, there were others that gave up on the downloading and gave up on the game, for frustration with the download size and the header error message when decompressing.
You decide whether to ignore those people and elements, or not, but that will lose you potential supporters.

About the rest, just pointing out the hope you don't end up like others I saw over time, thinking they would immediately hit big bucks, and giving up when was not the case.
And the fact (and again, I was longer than others, but not the only one to point that out) that 0.12 had one part of the game, 0.20 is an higher number, later version, but kind of goes back.
Many games start well, even in terms of support and money, but start without a plan even if with a good idea; get lost in development jumping from idea to another; start losing support when people do not get updates or really playable game where they can use the saves between versions and feel like they are only giving money for nothing; end up abandoned - it would be a pity if it happened also to Kalyskah.
Ah no need to worry about that happening to us, we've been going non-stop with updates for years and we don't plan to end this anytime soon. But we did have to take some steps backwards in order to move forward with a more consistent programming and general storyline tying everything up.

We are indeed releasing some parallel rewards to our patrons, but that's only because we have seven members on the team, and sometimes I'm not as busy as I usually am at the end of the month, and this allows me to this extra content every once in a while.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Ah no need to worry about that happening to us, we've been going non-stop with updates for years and we don't plan to end this anytime soon. But we did have to take some steps backwards in order to move forward with a more consistent programming and general storyline tying everything up.

We are indeed releasing some parallel rewards to our patrons, but that's only because we have seven members on the team, and sometimes I'm not as busy as I usually am at the end of the month, and this allows me to this extra content every once in a while.
Ah, thanks, good to know, also good to know it is a group effort, so, I need to check my finances now :).
Just curiousity, since I discovered it only recnetly, when did the development start ?

yoanni

Dec 7, 2018
You can only upload the update patches, for some like me it is difficult for us to download such large content. thanks

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Ah, thanks, good to know, also good to know it is a group effort, so, I need to check my finances now :).
Just curiousity, since I discovered it only recnetly, when did the development start ?
We have been around for a while, but the development of what we call the 'legacy version' happened between 2020 and march of this year. What I had before then was more like a hobby since we didn't have the budget actually to take the game as a job and what was done before that year was long replaced when we switched programmers and level designers.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
You can only upload the update patches, for some like me it is difficult for us to download such large content. thanks
If you download the game through itch.io app, you will only get patches. Yesterday we released a patch that people who downloaded the game on itch will only need to update 150mb, now people who don't have itch will need to download over 10gb again. I can't stress enough how much better itch.io app is to follow the development of a game with files as big as ours.

Reactions: yoanni

max27

May 28, 2017
On the main post there is a place where is says "Downloads" with a list of places for the current public build. Notice what's under them? A spoiler tag that says "Legacy version"... try that.
Thanks mate, I played the version I thought there was another version that had more content.

Reactions: Kalyskah

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I remember trying this game a couple of years ago or maybe more, I think it was the legacy version as it crashed a lot.

I tried it again now, I assume the demo is all that is free.
I have a few comments, questions
1) Have you considered other than monthly support, to set up a system to let people just buy the game?
2) The sex system is hard to understand, what I mean is. The first couple of bandits I tried to seduce to test it out, failed after everyone gets naked and I have no clue why they failed. The 3rd bandit was female and she had a orgasm after like two kisses and it ended the encounter. Again didn't make a lot of sense. Nor did I understand why.
3) Would like to see a slightly better equipment set up. Like trying panties from bandit removed pants and boots, putting the boots back on removed the panties, that didn't make a lot of sense to me. Also shouldn't you be able to wear panties and pants? I know most AAA games only have one leg slot as well but you guys are going for something different to having clothing layers make sense.
4) In game the face of Kalyskah looks a lot different than the appearance setting screen. Not sure why that might be, I know some of the stuff in character creation is not reflected in the game or at least the demo yet by what was said in the character creation but I found it strange the face looked different.
5) The one time I got defeated in a fight, the bandit didn't try to do more. Like rape, steal etc, just killed the MC. It would be nice if their was options where the bandits or other enemies might leave the MC alive after either stealing her stuff or raping her or both. Similar to some of the combat defeat sex mods for Skyrim have for example.
6) Each time I died either from losing or just testing to see what happens, I would fall through the world over and over and had to go back to a previous save.
7) Have you considered adding more to the demo, some quests etc, basically say the first 10-20% of the game so the player gets a full experience of what the full game will be like. That would be a lot better in helping people decided if they want to spend money on it. I for one am curious but not curious enough to spend money at this time as the demo didn't cover enough to tell me if I would actually like the game or not.

Anyways just some thoughts I had that I thought I would pass on.

Reactions: SnakeTuga
3.30 star(s) 42 Votes