Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Can you sell the steam keys externally on your site or something not everyone has access to the mature content on steam since some countries block it entirely so you cant even show up the game page in the first place.
I'm not sure...

This game is so good, its exactly what i think a vampire game should be like but its crashing extremely often when i use magic, i realized it when starting a new game in the very beginning it even says not to use magic so much.
What spell is causing it to crash more often?

Vechernyaya

Sep 12, 2018
2c9acaba-816c-4531-8bb7-c342990a035a-1200x0.png

I hate the new muscular female model, there's barely any difference between each side of the slider.
The old model was much better (the one in the middle), I hate this one so much that I stopped my subscribestar support, is it a trend these days to have muscular girls ? I really prefer soft bodies.
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

• Angry
Reactions: Enigmanic

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
View attachment 2260432

I hate the new muscular female model, there's barely any difference between each side of the slider.
The old model was much better (the one in the middle), I hate this one so much that I stopped my subscribestar support, is it a trend these days to have muscular girls ? I really prefer soft bodies.
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
Things in Subscribestar are usually very quiet... Many times I post there and don't receive any feedback, and no one replied.
We are always open to suggestions. People don't need to be scared to approach us and tell us what is displeasing them if they do it respectfully. I've seen two dislikes on a post but no comment, so it was VERY hard to know what the issue was because it could be a million things. I see now that it was you, this could have been clarified if, instead of simply disliking the post about the new models twice, you shared your thoughts with us either in the comment section or in a private message. We only learned that the muscles on the lean body were displeasing people when someone on Itch commented that they preferred the softer body, and that was only after they posted "eww", and I asked what the issue was.

And now that we know what people didn't like, we listened and decided to update the normal maps on the lean morph to add a third variation that the body will be way much softer, more similar to how it was before. So what you didn't like will be solved, but please, if you dislike something from a creator, it is really helpful to let them know what it is because we are far more approachable than people usually expect.

I come to check f95 every once in a while but that's also not our main route for communication. We have our , and . So feel free to reach us there too.

Last edited:

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Great post, people should provide feedback and not just upvote or downvote something.

On the subject of the bodies, different strokes for different folks. I happen to prefer a woman with a little bit of muscle tone especially if she happens to be the protagonist who goes on adventures and participates in combat. It makes perfect sense for Kalyskah to have some muscle. On top of the fact that you can improve her strength stat. It would even be cool to apply more muscle tone to her body if her strength stat is high enough, kinda like what they did in Fable. She doesn't have to be ripped like a barbarian (unless you like that) but a little bit of muscle tone makes sense.

Reactions: Kalyskah

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Great post, people should provide feedback and not just upvote or downvote something.

On the subject of the bodies, different strokes for different folks. I happen to prefer a woman with a little bit of muscle tone especially if she happens to be the protagonist who goes on adventures and participates in combat. It makes perfect sense for Kalyskah to have some muscle. On top of the fact that you can improve her strength stat. It would even be cool to apply more muscle tone to her body if her strength stat is high enough, kinda like what they did in Fable. She doesn't have to be ripped like a barbarian (unless you like that) but a little bit of muscle tone makes sense.
I actually had the idea to make that her muscles would increase by 10% or something like that when she activates the Blood Buff combined with the Unholy might spell:
1672009380416.png

I think it would make perfect sense too. So it's not a permanent change that would displease other people.

Vechernyaya

Sep 12, 2018
Things in Subscribestar are usually very quiet... Many times I post there and don't receive any feedback, and no one replied.
We are always open to suggestions. People don't need to be scared to approach us and tell us what is displeasing them if they do it respectfully. I've seen two dislikes on a post but no comment, so it was VERY hard to know what the issue was because it could be a million things. I see now that it was you, this could have been clarified if, instead of simply disliking the post about the new models twice, you shared your thoughts with us either in the comment section or in a private message. We only learned that the muscles on the lean body were displeasing people when someone on Itch commented that they preferred the softer body, and that was only after they posted "eww", and I asked what the issue was.

And now that we know what people didn't like, we listened and decided to update the normal maps on the lean morph to add a third variation that the body will be way much softer, more similar to how it was before. So what you didn't like will be solved, but please, if you dislike something from a creator, it is really helpful to let them know what it is because we are far more approachable than people usually expect.

I come to check f95 every once in a while but that's also not our main route for communication. We have our , and . So feel free to reach us there too.
Well, in my mind, it was pretty clear that downvoting the news about the muscular body model was because I dislike the muscular body model. I don't know what million things it could have been, but I probably lack imagination, that why you create video games and I don't.

And you're right, I don't really participate in subscribestar beside giving money because I don't think it's a great idea to make a game according to what the potential players (the vocal ones) wants. I think that the dev should create what they want to create, and if I dislike it, then I don't buy the game.
That's why I'm not demanding anything, I just let the dev know when I dislike something to the point where it jeopardise my will to play the game and I leave. That's what I did here.

I'm also consious that my tastes don't represent the majority, far from it, apparently I was the only one to downvote and dislike the new body. And it seems that you're doing what you like rather than what the majority want, if that was not the case, Kalyskah would be big breasted.
If you're willing to modifiy the muscular body to fit my taste, I obviously won't complain, but I'll never ask you to do it, I'm used to agreeing to disagree and leaving, and I hope for you that you're not so tight on money that you absolutely need me.

Reactions: Kalyskah

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Well, in my mind, it was pretty clear that downvoting the news about the muscular body model was because I dislike the muscular body model. I don't know what million things it could have been, but I probably lack imagination, that why you create video games and I don't.

And you're right, I don't really participate in subscribestar beside giving money because I don't think it's a great idea to make a game according to what the potential players (the vocal ones) wants. I think that the dev should create what they want to create, and if I dislike it, then I don't buy the game.
That's why I'm not demanding anything, I just let the dev know when I dislike something to the point where it jeopardise my will to play the game and I leave. That's what I did here.

I'm also consious that my tastes don't represent the majority, far from it, apparently I was the only one to downvote and dislike the new body. And it seems that you're doing what you like rather than what the majority want, if that was not the case, Kalyskah would be big breasted.
If you're willing to modifiy the muscular body to fit my taste, I obviously won't complain, but I'll never ask you to do it, I'm used to agreeing to disagree and leaving, and I hope for you that you're not so tight on money that you absolutely need me.
Thank you for enlightening your point of view. Yes, there are things on the game that are set in stone: The canon Kalyskah has an A cup, but the payer can increase it in character customisation.
We also know the direction we want the story to go, but still, the game is in active development, and the input of our patrons and subscribers can and will help us to shape things as they progress. Most of the time we'll have polls on the most direct changes, but feedback is always something we will hear.

As for the dislike button, I honestly thought the problem was with how we had rendered the bodies overlapping and that people could have felt that it was hushed I was planning to make another render in a more cinematographic angle to show the different sliders in a better way. But anyway, your feedback was heard, and we will even add an option to keep Kalyskah's body as it was once the new update hits. So you don't have to be worried about us changing something you already like about our game =)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Vechernyaya

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Myrionyma here's the update on the lean body. The one on the left is how the lean body was before. Very muscular like you said, on the right you can see how we smoothed it:
image.png

There are still some adjustments to do like reducing the muscles on the arms but that I'll leave to show on our next subscribestar post, once everything is finished.
And just in case, we will keep the old body shape Kalyskah had as an option so people won't feel a big change in case they didn't like it. Or maybe run a poll.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I prefer the one on the left.
The muscle slider will make up to this amount of muscle available:

1672251757553.png 1672251776461.png

What happens for the lean body is that we'll do it similarly to Conan exiles. Imagine you have a slider that goes from 0 to 1. We'll make it, so value 0 is the new image I posted on the other message, value 0.2 or something around that, the old blending amount of muscles on the lean body, and from that, up to 1 will blend to the muscular body I posted above.
Then we'll have another slider going from 0 to 1 that will blend Kalyskah's old body shape with the new.... Although now that we made the lean body as smooth as the old one, it might no longer be necessary.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
The muscle slider will make up to this amount of muscle available:

View attachment 2269333 View attachment 2269334

What happens for the lean body is that we'll do it similarly to Conan exiles. Imagine you have a slider that goes from 0 to 1. We'll make it, so value 0 is the new image I posted on the other message, value 0.2 or something around that, the old blending amount of muscles on the lean body, and from that, up to 1 will blend to the muscular body I posted above.
Then we'll have another slider going from 0 to 1 that will blend Kalyskah's old body shape with the new.... Although now that we made the lean body as smooth as the old one, it might no longer be necessary.
Well, being able to customise a bit Kalyskah's body is a nice feature, even if only the paying supporters can use it, do not take it away if you can.
It is true that the game has (or tries to have, depending how you continue :p) a background story, and hopefully will also keep lewd contents :p (well, we are on F95, not on a web site about kindergarten educational games :)) on top and aside the fights (well, in some versions, vampires can hypnotise, so, she could decide to use other ways than killing), but that way, you will be able to keep people independently from whether they want "balloons" :), a more smaller ones, a bit more round ones, and the same goes for the body, whether they prefer a skinny one or on the other extreme the "Miss Universe" approach.
Also, I did not play the latest versions, but maybe you could let the possibility (if it is not too complex) of choosing whether to kill someone when drinking their blood, or not - while drink all in one, when you can have a reserve for the future ? ;-)

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Well, being able to customise a bit Kalyskah's body is a nice feature, even if only the paying supporters can use it, do not take it away if you can.
It is true that the game has (or tries to have, depending how you continue :p) a background story, and hopefully will also keep lewd contents :p (well, we are on F95, not on a web site about kindergarten educational games :)) on top and aside the fights (well, in some versions, vampires can hypnotise, so, she could decide to use other ways than killing), but that way, you will be able to keep people independently from whether they want "balloons" :), a more smaller ones, a bit more round ones, and the same goes for the body, whether they prefer a skinny one or on the other extreme the "Miss Universe" approach.
Also, I did not play the latest versions, but maybe you could let the possibility (if it is not too complex) of choosing whether to kill someone when drinking their blood, or not - while drink all in one, when you can have a reserve for the future ? ;-)
When drinking blood you hold the interaction button while stalking characters. Then you bite them, and if you stop holding the button, they live. Although for now there isn't much of a reason to stop drinking blood, since the non-hostile NPCs just fall weakened for a while after you bite them, in the future we might make so you can choose to kill some of the named NPCs as well. Although this would probably only be a feature when the game is almost complete because there are many quests needing them and we don't want to handle the possibility of having characters missing on certain events yet.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
When drinking blood you hold the interaction button while stalking characters. Then you bite them, and if you stop holding the button, they live. Although for now there isn't much of a reason to stop drinking blood, since the non-hostile NPCs just fall weakened for a while after you bite them, in the future we might make so you can choose to kill some of the named NPCs as well. Although this would probably only be a feature when the game is almost complete because there are many quests needing them and we don't want to handle the possibility of having characters missing on certain events yet.
Thanks, had not realised that when I played. Effectively, if you want to complicate more your work :p :), but maybe add up something to the story...
Especially for the named NPCs, that have a role in the story, maybe you could make it so that if she does not drain them, they become somehow controlled and help her, a bit like the "tradition" of vampires being able to hypnotise people, you already have something like that, though in the reverse, in one of the versions, the player had to try releasing her followers that were being controlled by her enemies).
Just an idea, does not mean that everybody would like it anyway, and I apologise if I am referring to something that already exist in some form in the latest Patreon versions, I have not downloaded nor played in a bit of time.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks, had not realised that when I played. Effectively, if you want to complicate more your work :p :), but maybe add up something to the story...
Especially for the named NPCs, that have a role in the story, maybe you could make it so that if she does not drain them, they become somehow controlled and help her, a bit like the "tradition" of vampires being able to hypnotise people, you already have something like that, though in the reverse, in one of the versions, the player had to try releasing her followers that were being controlled by her enemies).
Just an idea, does not mean that everybody would like it anyway, and I apologise if I am referring to something that already exist in some form in the latest Patreon versions, I have not downloaded nor played in a bit of time.
These themes will be handled on chapter 2 of the story. Meaning that it's after the whole storyline in Millhaven and the quarantine zone. So will take us a while to implement this type of functionality.

Reactions: ouch2020

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Hello Cornelius Igarashi!
Thank you for you review! I see that you asked why we are reviewing the game and you can find the answer both here:

And there's also this video here:

The summary is that many and many players were having tons of crashes when reaching the open world. So we are rebuilding the map to more of an Industry Standards way so Unreal Engine can handle loading the sections of it better. Since we would need to move things around already, we decided the timing was right to introduce the prologue we wanted to add to the game for so long. Once the main storyline of the prologue is complete, we will reintroduce the former content but on a map that will look way much denser.

If things go as planned, we'll finish the prologue in this first semester of 2023 so in the second semester, when the game is on steam, players there will have access to both the old and the new content.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes