bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
We can't transport the game to UE 5 yet because of plugins and other small problems we are facing on the game. Maybe next year or something.
Yer i my self are in the same boat there

About the imposter lod, I already mentioned that to our level desginer
As i said in my last post the imposter plugin is included in 4.27 and ue5 however if you need

This is the most up-to-date version of the plugin

there is also this
which iv not personally tested as i just now found it but seems to be the newest
(If you test this one out id be interested to know if it works and is any better in anyway)

As far as the plugin goes its not for ingame use its just simply an editor tool to generate the imposter materials and mesh once you have done that you dont need the plugin to use them so its not a case where using it effects anything to do with gameplay
You can keep the generation and plugin use in a separate project for example(which is what i do just for cleanness)

The performance gains is unparalleled compared to standard lods so its well worth it and in the end not actually that much hassle to setup

Edit: can confirm the imposter bake plugin is integrated as of 4.27 just need to enable it and restart

Just joined your discord 'Bluestar' on there so i can talk more there and offer other advice and other findings where i can
I recall some animation optimization stuff to also save frames

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Awesome!
Thanks =D
I sent these to the level designer to see if he can take a look =)

bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
Awesome!
Thanks =D
I sent these to the level designer to see if he can take a look =)
I have some stuff for animation and npc optimization would you like me to post it to you on discord rather then here?
Better for tech talk

Edit: messaged in general discussion

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalyskah

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
any news on next update?
Like a release date? Check out ichi.io for version 19.4, released yesterday.

Where are the Puppeteers?
When in the village and you start going up to the old castle there is a drop on the left to a house with a light next to it. Knock on the door to start the quest. Note: have not tried version 19.4, only 19.3, so not sure if they changed it.

Reactions: Vicky Sidhu

lewdlyengaged

Dec 27, 2019
Somehow this game, and only this game, causes my PC to straight up restart in the middle of playing. Doesn't seem to be a thermals issue, so I can't really explain that one.

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
any news on next update?
We've made a hotfix release this week:

The optimization patch will take longer to be released. We'll make a video within a week explaining it.
Somehow this game, and only this game, causes my PC to straight up restart in the middle of playing. Doesn't seem to be a thermals issue, so I can't really explain that one.
This is probably due to the same optimization issues we are taking action to fix for the next big update. You can check more details about it here:

Apr 26, 2022

The optimization patch will take longer to be released. We'll make a video within a week explaining it.

This is probably due to the same optimization issues we are taking action to fix for the next big update. You can check more details about it here:
I have the Rtx 3090 video card in my PC, this won't make it overheat more than usual or anything? it really does get hot just with games like Skyrim etc.

I think I will just wait till the patch is available to make sure.

Last edited:

lewdlyengaged

Dec 27, 2019

Oh sweet, this looks promising. I know plenty of other game devs who would simply let their games be buggy as shit and unoptimized, so I'm happy to see some focus on improving that. Good luck!

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I have the Rtx 3090 video card in my PC, this won't make it overheat more than usual or anything? it really does get hot just with games like Skyrim etc.

I think I will just wait till the patch is available to make sure.
Although we'll have test releases on Patreon in the meantime, the public patch with optimization will be available somewhere between august and September. I don't want to spoil much about what we are about to announce but the game will also look very different. Playing the current version might be a nice way to test a before and after the big patch =)

Oh sweet, this looks promising. I know plenty of other game devs who would simply let their games be buggy as shit and unoptimized, so I'm happy to see some focus on improving that. Good luck!
Thanks!
And yeah, we had two options here:
1 - Keep working on the game despite the bugs because of Patreon grind for monthly releases until eventually, everything would fall apart like it was already starting to (if you check the latest reviews on this very post, you'll see that most of them mention the same issues).
2 - Stop. Take a risk by staying without quest releases for a while, but then come back with the game working way much better so it can grow on top of a strong foundation.

Next week we'll get into deeper details about what's about to come in terms of story and programming, but in the meantime, I'll show some improvements we are making on the character rig, fixing how Kalyskah's legs bend on extreme poses:

1654841074653.png
1654841152139.png
1654841160797.png

(This is in blender, not unreal engine, which is why her materials look a bit like rubber)

Last edited:

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Usually that happens with power issues. What's your PSU? Maybe it's too low on wattage and because the game is not optimized yet it drains power that your PSU can't provide. Hopefully said optimization update comes soon. My room temp raises 10ºC when playing for 20 minutes :D

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes